Irving Oil

Irving Oil Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced environment where you learn something new every day
Credit Management Associate and Team Leader (Former Employee), Saint John NBApril 14, 2015
Pros: great fitness plan, free coffee, benefits, bonuses
Cons: no parking
a fast paced environment where I learned to work with difficult customers, help customers with repayment arrangements.

Hardest part of my job was when I was a Team Lead, always found it hard to do reviews as direct reports don't always accept feedback.

Most enjoyable part of my job was making my customers feel like they found resolution to their issues.
Management is like all other places, they all have different management technique, it was just something I had to adjust to.

I got along great with my co-workers and am still in contact even though I am not there anymore.
good
payroll (Former Employee), Saint John, NBDecember 28, 2014
overall a decent place to work. hours good and coworkers were awesome.
Excellent workplace
Temporary Assignment (Current Employee), Saint John, NBDecember 22, 2014
Excellent place to aquire workplace experience to an industrial setting. Great enviorment within workplace and in additional activities such as support of cummunity activities.
average
Oil & Gas Technician (Current Employee), nova scotiaJune 26, 2014
alot of traveling on call most of time, limited life balance
fun working environment
cashier (Former Employee), Oromocto, NBFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: great hours, great management
Cons: poor salary
I loved working here, i had lots of regular customers that would come in everyday to see me and have coffee, Managment was amazing they understood how a store should be run and did it smoothly,
I worked for The subway section of Irving Oil
subway (Former Employee), Shelburne, NSNovember 21, 2013
Pros: a great work experience.
Cons: being able to work with customers who are ignorant. ( its a self control thing, just smile and bare it and you are okay)
I worked for The subway section of Irving Oil.
A typical day was busy by rewarding. Time flies when you are busy,
Management was alright however I didn't like the fact you didn't go home with tips, but at the end of the month you went home with Irving gift certificates. I loved the employees I worked with, and the schedule I had. I enjoyed the customers talking, and the one lady who said she likes to see people cleaning the tables because it reassures her that it is clean.
Wanted a permanent position
Customer Management Support Associate (Former Employee), Saint John, NBNovember 5, 2013
Pros: great employer, flexability for extra hours
Cons: hard to advance
I loved my job working in the B2C department of Irving Oil. They are extremely good to their employees.
I became a pro at my job and often trained others. I worked extra hours and also took on some extra work from other departments that needed my help.
My day consisted of reconciling accounts, doing match offs, credits and rebills and working with a program called Peoplesoft.
I was hired through Adecco on a 3 month contract, but my contract was extended. I wanted a permanent position there so badly! I wanted to officially be part of the JDI team. As time passed, people I had trained (who were also hired from Adecco) were given full time employment. I would often ask my boss if there was anything I could do to also be offered a job. She would often say "in another few months" or "when we move over to the Aliant building" but I was never offered a full time, permanent position. I asked Adecco what I could do. They told me in order to apply for a permanent position, my current position would have to let me go. As long as I was tied to my department, another department couldn't take me on full time. So I put in my 2 weeks notice, determined to reapply and be rehired as an official employee. As I waited to get a reply to my resume, I took on more contract work and was hired for permanent position elsewhere. I never did hear from Irving again. Till this day I still reapply, but I do think perhaps I was misinformed and should have stayed.
10 years in with a great company!
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Saint John, NBJuly 15, 2013
Lots of work to be done. Lots of people to meet. Never a dull moment!
Good
Customer Service Representative - Full Time (Former Employee), Saint John, NBFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: good
Good - lots of room for advancement, nothing bad to say, everyone is friendly.
great culture
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Saint John, NBJanuary 18, 2013
enjoyable team environment, the ability to job shadow to learn more, multiple job opportuities
great job
CASHIER/GAS ATTENDANT (Former Employee), Hawkes Bay,NLJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: was close to home
Cons: closed
Left because my husband found a job elsewhere so I followed him,but this was a great job and by the time I came back this business was shut down and sold.
Irving Oil Ltd
Office Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee), Golden Ball Saint John N.bNovember 2, 2012
Pros: family orintated
Fantastic Company to work for,but buisness is buisness and they had to lay me off because of cut backs.Loved working for this company.
clean facility
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Saint John, NBSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: lunch rooms
Cons: not enough work
good place to work,clean facilities and very safety aware. I was a shipper receiver and demolition of waste materials
Review
Employee (Former Employee), Saint John, NBAugust 9, 2012
Productive company to work for with good medical benifits. Great people as well.

About Irving Oil

Highlands Fuel Delivery (dba Irving Oil), the US arm of Irving Oil Limited, is engaged in the refining and distribution of oil – Read more

Irving Oil Photos

Headquarters downtown st john financial district