Iron Mountain Employee Reviews

Friendly work environment
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 September 2014
Meet daily targets, complete each task under minimal supervision.
Fast Paced Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB17 September 2014
Troubleshoots and resolves customer impacting issues.

Utilizes various systems and tools to initiate to assist and service customers.

Answers customer/client requests or inquiries concerning services and products and reports problem areas.
Fast pased and friendly enviroment.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB6 September 2014
You would never know what country you would receive a call from. It was very interesting to speak with people from around the globe.

It was a rewarding feeling when someone would call in with an issue and I had the knowledge and capabilities to resolve the issue. This would leave the customer with a positive experience with the company.
Very unorganized management, does not pay well
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton4 September 2014
I worked for iron mountain for almost 3 months. Management gave me more work and responsibility than anyone else with my same position which I am fine with...if the pay increases with responsibility. It didn't. Management acted like I was lucky to have this responsibility and didn't see any reason why I would require a raise. This job looked like it was going to be perfect for what I was looking for. Whatever you do, do not work for iron mountain. They are a careless, extremely unorganized company that don't treat you with respect. My manager actually hung up on me when I notified him that we were low on a certain supply. If you are unlucky enough to get injured like my co-worker, you expected to work anyway and deal with it. Again, don't do it. They have very high turnover for a reason.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Don't treat you with respect, low pay, very disorganized
One of the worst companies, I've worked for
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 August 2014
Had to work extra hours on a consistant basis. Tied to my cell phone 24 hours a day. Manager was VERY unapproachable, very distant.

Good pay, but no work/life balance
Pros
pay - benefits
My co-workers
Customer Service Associate/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Saint John23 July 2014
I really enjoyed working with the people at innovatia. We were a small group that helped each other if we had any issues that we needed help with.
Outdoor job, highly security building
Transportation Coordinator / Courier (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC27 May 2014
I prefer not to provide my review to the public.I prefer not to provide my review to the public.I prefer not to provide my revI prefer not to provide my review to the public.iew to the public.I prefer not to provide my review to the public.I prefer not to provide my review to the public.I prefer not to provide my review to the public.
very busy call volumne
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB11 May 2014
Every call was different, one call you would have to think like a nurse, the next a lawyer, then a bank teller and then an Insurance adjuster, etc., very high security, every company that called had their own code, lots of times they didn't know it, so we had to try and help them find it. There was no time for socializing on the job, a few of us would gather at someones house to play board games or at someones house for a bon-fire in the summertime. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
too many things to remember & they changed from day to day, not paid enough for the job.
awesome
record center specialist (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON26 April 2014
this place is just so fun...people are amazing and the work environment is brilliant
Worldwide leader in records mgmt
Record Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  toronto5 March 2014
Met some good people and mgmt is very supportive of you when you need someone to talk to always their to support you.
Pros
great company
Cons
no cons
Physically demanding and confidentially
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 January 2014
Iron Mountain Incorporated is a reputable company in North America. Dealing with numerous confidential and classified documents sent from several companies, it was my responsibility to organize boxes in the warehouse according to our operating system. On an average eight hour day, i'd store around 800 boxes. These boxes weighed anywhere from twenty to sixty pounds, and no doubt all this lifting amongst three stories in our warehouse was extremely physically demanding. If no boxes were to be stored in a day, my other job in the company consisted of going through these paper documents, and scanning them in our system once they were requested back from the company, making sure we kept copy of the files. For the company's sake and privacy of others, I am never to disclose any information I have seen when employed for Iron Mountain. For the greater portion of the summer, I worked alone in the warehouse, I grew very tired easily and had no one to support me morally nor physically. It was very hard labour and I certainly did struggle at times but I had to stay mentally focused to get the job done and complete what was being asked of me. My manager, did not work in the warehouse, but several in times in the day he'd come check up on me, making sure everything was running smoothly, very good guy. Very small staff of four members, but we did work extremely hard and accomplished plenty during a day.
Productive and a very fun and upbeat place to work.
Customer Response Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB2 October 2013
Very professional,enjoyed working with my co-workers.Sometimes the hardest part of the job is to multitask. Sometimes you would have to take inboud calls and enter faxes in the computer for the fax team. At times they would be over loaded with faxes. And we as a company where one large team and would help out that department for faxes that were requested had a cut off time that they needed to be entered in by.
Pros
Days shifts/no weekends
Cons
Sometimes it was hard to schedule a day off in advance for a doctors appt.
N/a
Manager, Employee Services (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 September 2013
Great environment to work in, allowing for career advancement and challenge
- Productive and good balanced place to work.
RECORDS CENTRE SPECIALIST. (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 August 2013
- Got lots of canadian work experiences and methods to get lucrative results in a fast paced environment.
Pros
- Free coffee and tea.
good experience
Imaging specialist (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON18 July 2013
it was full time job 40h/day

really happy to work there because co-workers are nice, the job is high-paced.

Pros
learned something from others
Cons
early work
A secured place to make a career
Courier assistant and Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2013
A tipical day starts with a morning team meeting where all concerns about the goals for that particular day are brought by the drivers, and clarified by the supervisor. While I worked at Iron Mountain, I learned about the importance of confidentiality and protection of the information. Also, working as a team is part of the learning. A daily part of the job is creating a good environment of interaction with co-workers as all the preparations to go on the road are done. Many customers with different personalities are waiting for you at all kind of companies. The daily duty of a "Mountanier" courier is to do deliveries and pickups of the items required by the customers and register them on the system, using a scaner software. It all need to be done in a timely manner. Driving through trafic and doing some lifting, might be the hardest part of the job. Finally, all picked up and/or returned items will return to base. I had a fun time while working hard. Having your breaks, making friends, and getting support from your team when is needed is also part of the job.
Pros
Paid breaks, Good benefits
Cons
Some customers do not have a freights elevator so you have to handle trough the stairs
excellent environment
Customer Care Associate for Records Management (Former Employee) –  saint john15 February 2013
Best call center environment, management friendly and helpful, can be a bit stress full dealing with high pressure clients. Over all the clients are professionals and the job is easy a bit boring and repetitive but for call center it will be the best you've ever worked in.
Hard working, bonus paid, good communications
Records Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 December 2012
I learned much about document management and file retrieval. I learned mostly how to work independantly and set an example to my fellow co-workers.
We handled material that was confidential and we had set timelines to manage. We had to scan in and out of work on time and count all of our work activities. I was very accountable and responsible for my work and time.
I liked working as a team and accomplishing work goals. We had a good positive manager who made work fun and encouraged us within her capacity as a manager.
Pros
bonuses, work independently and as a team, learn different aspects of the business.
Cons
worked the night shift when i wanted the day shift.
Productive and fun work environment
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 November 2012
Iron mountain was a great place to work. The staff emphasized team work and company policies reflected these attitudes.
I absolutely loved working for Iron Mountain.This enviroment was like my second home.
Customer Response Agent/Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB2 October 2012
9am to 5 pm,Monday to Friday.I have learned a large amount working for this company.Management were great! Easy to get along with.I feel that for me there was no hard part of the job.Talking to our regular customers.
Pros
received a certificate when customer gave you a compliment with great customer service.
Cons
i do not feel there were any cons working for this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Iron Mountain. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval