Iron Mountain Employee Reviews

Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC23 May 2012
Professional
good working envoirment
good co-workers
always a new experience or new task
The most enjoyable part of the job would be to be working in envoirment where the tasks are never the same with great co-workers.
Pros
new experiences
Temp Position
data entry (Former Employee) –  Edmonton AB5 April 2015
Staff helpful, management was a learning experience to prep me for my next posting. lots of heavy lifting, it was hard on the body but good for the mind.
Pros
close to bus route, weekends off
Cons
hard on the body
One of the worst companies, I've worked for
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 August 2014
Had to work extra hours on a consistant basis. Tied to my cell phone 24 hours a day. Manager was VERY unapproachable, very distant.

Good pay, but no work/life balance
Pros
pay - benefits
Cons
LONG HOURS
Excellent learning experience
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL7 September 2012
Iron Mountain was a good place to work and I learned a lot of new things while I was employed there. I was working on my own mostly and enjoyed it thoroughly.
Pros
paid birthday off
Cons
no job security
My co-workers
Customer Service Associate/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Saint John23 July 2014
I really enjoyed working with the people at innovatia. We were a small group that helped each other if we had any issues that we needed help with.
Worldwide leader in records mgmt
Record Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  toronto5 March 2014
Met some good people and mgmt is very supportive of you when you need someone to talk to always their to support you.
Pros
great company
Cons
no cons
- Productive and good balanced place to work.
RECORDS CENTRE SPECIALIST. (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 August 2013
- Got lots of canadian work experiences and methods to get lucrative results in a fast paced environment.
Pros
- Free coffee and tea.
Industrial construction and maintenance
Millwright/Welder (Current Employee) –  Surrey B.C.13 November 2011
IRON MOUNTAIN has a very good management team . They are striving for larger contacts and a more secure future for their employees !!!
good experience
Imaging specialist (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON18 July 2013
it was full time job 40h/day

really happy to work there because co-workers are nice, the job is high-paced.

Pros
learned something from others
Cons
early work
Productive and fun work environment
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 November 2012
Iron mountain was a great place to work. The staff emphasized team work and company policies reflected these attitudes.
Productive and Hard Working environment
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON31 August 2012
Fun place to work with a great boss. However there are times when precautions are not taken
Pros
steady work
Cons
low pay
Friendly work environment
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 September 2014
Meet daily targets, complete each task under minimal supervision.
awesome
record center specialist (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON26 April 2014
this place is just so fun...people are amazing and the work environment is brilliant
A secured place to make a career
Courier assistant and Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2013
A tipical day starts with a morning team meeting where all concerns about the goals for that particular day are brought by the drivers, and clarified by the supervisor. While I worked at Iron Mountain, I learned about the importance of confidentiality and protection of the information. Also, working as a team is part of the learning. A daily part of the job is creating a good environment of interaction with co-workers as all the preparations to go on the road are done. Many customers with different personalities are waiting for you at all kind of companies. The daily duty of a "Mountanier" courier is to do deliveries and pickups of the items required by the customers and register them on the system, using a scaner software. It all need to be done in a timely manner. Driving through trafic and doing some lifting, might be the hardest part of the job. Finally, all picked up and/or returned items will return to base. I had a fun time while working hard. Having your breaks, making friends, and getting support from your team when is needed is also part of the job.
Pros
Paid breaks, Good benefits
Cons
Some customers do not have a freights elevator so you have to handle trough the stairs
Busy
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 September 2012
working in ironmountain was good experience.co-workers and management was very helpful...
N/A
Manager, Employee Services (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 September 2013
Great environment to work in, allowing for career advancement and challenge
Physically demanding and confidentially
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 January 2014
Iron Mountain Incorporated is a reputable company in North America. Dealing with numerous confidential and classified documents sent from several companies, it was my responsibility to organize boxes in the warehouse according to our operating system. On an average eight hour day, i'd store around 800 boxes. These boxes weighed anywhere from twenty to sixty pounds, and no doubt all this lifting amongst three stories in our warehouse was extremely physically demanding. If no boxes were to be stored in a day, my other job in the company consisted of going through these paper documents, and scanning them in our system once they were requested back from the company, making sure we kept copy of the files. For the company's sake and privacy of others, I am never to disclose any information I have seen when employed for Iron Mountain. For the greater portion of the summer, I worked alone in the warehouse, I grew very tired easily and had no one to support me morally nor physically. It was very hard labour and I certainly did struggle at times but I had to stay mentally focused to get the job done and complete what was being asked of me. My manager, did not work in the warehouse, but several in times in the day he'd come check up on me, making sure everything was running smoothly, very good guy. Very small staff of four members, but we did work extremely hard and accomplished plenty during a day.
fast enviroment and lots to do, as well as great hard working people
Record Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta12 November 2014
-inbound up to 1500 packs of paper( loans, mortgages ect.)
-label and organize these bundles into sections of the warehouse that they will be getting put away.
-Fine sort the bundles into more detailed piles for easy put away. It could be back logged days that i would be sorting.
- If put on the task of doing "file put away" i would scan one paper at a time from a sorted bundle to the correct unit and shelf and proceed to find the file the bundle of paper belongs to and put it in. I would continue to repeat theses steps till the alotted time for the task was up.
Minimal communication due to consantration.
Our department was also responsible for checking rush orders or half day orders which requires checking the system every 10- 15 minutes. It was also our responsibility to go pull the order which could be files or boxes.
I also put away and pulled boxes from assigned locations which weighed up to 50lbs.
I learned how to use the specialized computer program to the fullest of my abilities, as well as hand scanners and label printing machines.
I was very close with a few of my older co workers who were very supportive with my wanting to learn and grow within the company.
I loved the job mostly for the independant working but as well how close of a team we were and always excelled as a team.
The hardest part of this job was having to put 50lbs + boxes away in very high parts of the warehouses.
Pros
end of quarter bonuses / free lunches
Cons
lots of temporary workers, lack of space, over packed boxes
Un bon emploi d'été
Spécialiste centre d'archives (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC12 February 2016
Iroun Mountain est un bon emploi d'été puisqu'il y a beaucoup d'heures de travail distribué durant cette période. Avoir 40 heure la semaine est assez facile, de plus l’entrepôt est fermer la fin de semaine. Le salaire est bon et on peut travail relativement en paix sans contact avec une clientèle.
Pros
bon salaire
Cons
environnement poussiéreux
Équilibre.
Directeur général (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC10 April 2016
Equilibre vie professionnelle / personnelle, développement stratégique, Indicateur de performance a l'extreme.
Pros
Equilibre vie professionnelle / personnelle
Cons
Peu de points négatifs.