Iron Mountain

Iron Mountain Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Stayed very productive
Driver Helper (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2014
The same i would get in at 6:30 pull my order for that day check in with my supervisor and start my day.. Good environment...
Records Center Specialist (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 20, 2014
this place sucks no advancement......management are clueless.....low pay......
great department and team to work for
Billing Analyst (Former Employee), Royersford, PAJune 19, 2014
Pros: management, co-workers, location, salary
Cons: job security due to outsourcing/offshoring
The billing team I was a part of worked on large billing projects for our bigger clients which involved putting together spreadsheet analysis, getting approval to enter adjustments from local District Mangers or VP's depending on the dollar amount. Extensive communication with the local districts was involved as well as with the client at times.

Myself – more... as well as my co-workers worked independently we were not micromanaged, all of us knew our job and got along very well, each of us would not hesitate to help each other out if needed.

Because of the management style and enjoying working with the people in my team, I did not consider this a job I had to do just to get a pay check, I looked forward to being there. – less
great job on the road meeting new people every day.
Driver Helper/receiver (Former Employee), Sharon Hill, PAJune 18, 2014
Pros: your your own boss!
Cons: real hard work .
A great job for excitement. But you cant be lazy.ITs a demanding job lots of heavy boxes and plenty of stairs!
Sim Activation
Executive (Current Employee), ThaneJune 16, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: night shift
I m working in this conpany in last 3 year. my job prifile is preocessing activation of sim cards.
Great place to work for. This company really cares about their employees.
Data Entry Specialist/Record Center Specialist (Former Employee), Portland, OrJune 16, 2014
Pros: always busy with work, great incentives and the management has an open door policy.
Never a dull moment. The work environment is awesome. I would love to work for them again.
Very great place to work for. Worked on projects so traveling to many hospitals in the south was a weekly occurance. Miss being involved in the medica
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Harahan, LAJune 14, 2014
Purge and projects for many hospital, clinics, and small practices in and around the Louisiana area. Worked here for many years. Really enjoyed being in the medical field.
Great workplace, great people
Document Preparation Clerk (Current Employee), Freehold, NJJune 12, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: temporary position
A typical work day starts at 7AM and ends at 3:30. The time does go quickly when you are working on a certain project.

This is the second time I am back there, for I was a temp there beginning of November of last year. I never knew how to prep documents before this job but learning it on day one of last year was very easy. Toward the end of my tenure – more... there the first time I also learned to manifest boxes which just consists of putting a tracking sheet and a scan sheet inside each box.

The management team is great to work for. They are very personable and always willing to help if you have a question about something concerning the project you are working on.

As for my co-workers, they are the same way as the management team. They are easy to talk to and are also always willing to help if they can if you have a question.

I would say the hardest part of the job is knowing its not a full time position. It is difficult to walk into a job and not knowing when your last day is going to be.

The most enjoyable part of the job I would say are the people. They are great to talk to and again, always willing to help when it is needed. – less
Stressful and Non-organized place to work - no feeling of job security
Business Development Executive (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 11, 2014
Pros: salary, car allowance and cell phone
Cons: long hours and expected activites are unrealistic
Director and Management in NC and SC are the best team to work with and provide direction for the day to day activities needed. The hardest part of the job are the internal process which make this job unenjoyable and give a sense of constant confusion. Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting customer's and winning new business. The company has had – more... lay-offs in the last two years and the company constantly changes sales roles. There is no sense of job security or trust. – less
Uncertainty
customer facing hourly employee (Current Employee), Collegeville, paJune 11, 2014
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: job security uncertainty
Company doesn't have any new products to sell, so to please the stockholders - they are cutting costs any way they can. Older lines of business, multiple confusing internal processes , outsourced much work to Phillipines and India. US employees just waiting for next outsource- short sighted senior leadership that creates overwhelming workload for mid – more... mgrs. and sups. Hourly employees bleed blue and are given thanks and fairly nice perks, but this nice treatment doesn't make up for lack of cohesion, advancement , or team building. Unless you have prior management experience, don't expect advancement here. Front line managers are generally understanding and very supportive - upper leaders are totally out of touch with anything other than analytics and reports provided to them. – less
Great people to work with
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Oklahoma, OKJune 2, 2014
Pros: good compensation, good people
Cons: lack of direction by upper management
Stressful and a lot of internal pressure.
Great team environment, really enjoyed the people I worked with.
No work life balance.
n/a
Record Center Coordinator (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAJune 1, 2014
pay was horrible for the amount of work they wanted, but It is a good place to start for anyone who is out of high school or in college. No real room to grow, and management is not the greatest.
Understaffed with high expectations
hand jack and assist (Former Employee), LivermoreMay 29, 2014
Pros: cheap vending machine in breakroom
Cons: poor managment
While i worked there they wanted 280 boxes pulled from their shelves. The shelves are little more than shoulder width between, 3 shelves of boxes stacked 3 high (sometimes 4) and 3 deep. Most boxes were never in the same 10-20ft of each other so there is a lot of time your not pulling boxes because you have to go locate them.
Prominent Supplier
CORPORATE MANAGER (Former Employee), London BridgeMay 22, 2014
Pros: family friendly employer
Cons: complicated customer service structure
Iron Mountain is the largest global provider of Records Management Services and has a good reputation for investing into its workforce.

IM has a professional approach to the RM market and in most cases lead the industry in innovative products to compliment the industry.
Productive workplace
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Madison Heights, MIMay 21, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: there was no advancement
Iron Mountain is a good company to work for. The company has good benefits. The work day was fast pasted and made the day go by really quick.
Productive and fun place to work
Record Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 19, 2014
My time at Iron Mountain was wonderful. My co-workers and management team was awesome.
had a good future cares about its employees
Plant Operations Destruction Supervisor (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJMay 15, 2014
Pros: steady shift good management-great communication
Cons: none had to leave for travel and family
in out production-good leadreship-over all bring in pallets recive the documents account for product and shred then bale then ship out
Great experience
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Witton, ENGMay 15, 2014
Pros: gained knowledge of the work place
This role at Iron Mountain was great I love working with computers so data entry was great I enjoyed it here very much.
Work day at Iron mountain
Office Work, Customer Service, Data Entry, Re (Former Employee), Aurora, COMay 13, 2014
Pros: had a job
Cons: getting hurt
moving big boxes down stairs with out help. doing thing with out any help.
Team environment
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 8, 2014
Pros: good benifits
Cons: high turnover rate for management
Fast Paced environment with growth potential. The company taught me a lot about time management and organization.

About Iron Mountain

You think you have a mountain of paperwork to deal with? Iron Mountain is one of the world's largest records storage and information – Read more

Iron Mountain Photos