Iron Mountain Employee Reviews in Canada

A secured place to make a career
Courier assistant and Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 2, 2013
A tipical day starts with a morning team meeting where all concerns about the goals for that particular day are brought by the drivers, and clarified by the supervisor. While I worked at Iron Mountain, I learned about the importance of confidentiality and protection of the information. Also, working as a team is part of the learning. A daily part of the job is creating a good environment of interaction with co-workers as all the preparations to go on the road are done. Many customers with different personalities are waiting for you at all kind of companies. The daily duty of a "Mountanier" courier is to do deliveries and pickups of the items required by the customers and register them on the system, using a scaner software. It all need to be done in a timely manner. Driving through trafic and doing some lifting, might be the hardest part of the job. Finally, all picked up and/or returned items will return to base. I had a fun time while working hard. Having your breaks, making friends, and getting support from your team when is needed is also part of the job.
Pros
paid breaks, good benefits
Cons
some customers do not have a freights elevator so you have to handle trough the stairs
excellent environment
Customer Care Associate for Records Management (Former Employee) –  saint johnFebruary 15, 2013
Best call center environment, management friendly and helpful, can be a bit stress full dealing with high pressure clients. Over all the clients are professionals and the job is easy a bit boring and repetitive but for call center it will be the best you've ever worked in.
Hard working, bonus paid, good communications
Records Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 11, 2012
I learned much about document management and file retrieval. I learned mostly how to work independantly and set an example to my fellow co-workers.
We handled material that was confidential and we had set timelines to manage. We had to scan in and out of work on time and count all of our work activities. I was very accountable and responsible for my work and time.
I liked working as a team and accomplishing work goals. We had a good positive manager who made work fun and encouraged us within her capacity as a manager.
Pros
bonuses, work independently and as a team, learn different aspects of the business.
Cons
worked the night shift when i wanted the day shift.
Productive and fun work environment
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 30, 2012
Iron mountain was a great place to work. The staff emphasized team work and company policies reflected these attitudes.
I absolutely loved working for Iron Mountain.This enviroment was like my second home.
Customer Response Agent/Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBOctober 2, 2012
9am to 5 pm,Monday to Friday.I have learned a large amount working for this company.Management were great! Easy to get along with.I feel that for me there was no hard part of the job.Talking to our regular customers.
Pros
received a certificate when customer gave you a compliment with great customer service.
Cons
i do not feel there were any cons working for this company.
Busy
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 25, 2012
working in ironmountain was good experience.co-workers and management was very helpful...
Not a bad place to work.
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBSeptember 9, 2012
IM has a great office atmosphere and does not look or feel like other call center jobs. The management team for the most part were very understanding and most of the time had an open door policy. The hours were great, no weekends, the staff/management team did little things to show their appreciation (ex. cooking breakfast for the whole center, dress down days, etc)
Pros
no weekends
Cons
were not flexiable when it came to vacation, snow storms, sick days like their sister center in collegeville.
Excellent learning experience
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLSeptember 7, 2012
Iron Mountain was a good place to work and I learned a lot of new things while I was employed there. I was working on my own mostly and enjoyed it thoroughly.
Pros
paid birthday off
Cons
no job security
Productive and Hard Working environment
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 31, 2012
Fun place to work with a great boss. However there are times when precautions are not taken
Pros
steady work
Cons
low pay
Nice staff, repetive work, free coffee
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCAugust 16, 2012
As a note, as I was a part-time worker, the star ratings of this particular company would probably be completely different coming from a full-time employee as they probably have more benefits, pay, etc.
A typical day at work would consist of coming in, and typing up orders all day. We would be timed on our typing speed everyday. We had to maintain a certain quota. It wasn't mandatory but more implied. Speed was essential.
In the beginning, I wasn't too happy with the job. It was nothing like I had imagined. I found it very boring and repetitive. I learned how to control my anxiety and come up with ways to start enjoying the job. My French also strengthened.
Management was excellent. Very friendly and understanding.
My co-workers were fine as well.
The hardest part of my job was in the beginning of my job, when I had to accept that the task will be the same all day long.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the people. They were really friendly.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
monotonous
Can't make up there minds
csr (Former Employee) –  saint john nbJune 29, 2012
I was there 7 years and the last 2 were not great. The company overall lost focus for the customer and decided that it was all about the #'s and if you did not meet the #'s you were hounded and harassed. Then the company changed there minds and tried to refocus on the customer instead of the #'s but this changed from week to week. The moral was very low and when you tried to talk about it with a supervisior you were told things like you are costing the company 10's of thousands of dollars or that you were attracting negative customers through the phone lines and could never get a straight answer from anyone. I am no longer with this company and i would not recommend working for this company.
Productive and fun envoirment
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCMay 23, 2012
Professional
good working envoirment
good co-workers
always a new experience or new task
The most enjoyable part of the job would be to be working in envoirment where the tasks are never the same with great co-workers.
Pros
new experiences
Industrial construction and maintenance
Millwright/Welder (Current Employee) –  Surrey B.C.November 13, 2011
IRON MOUNTAIN has a very good management team . They are striving for larger contacts and a more secure future for their employees !!!
Équilibre.
Directeur général (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QCApril 10, 2016
Equilibre vie professionnelle / personnelle, développement stratégique, Indicateur de performance a l'extreme.
Pros
Equilibre vie professionnelle / personnelle
Cons
Peu de points négatifs.
Agreable et productive
Commis administratif-Service de paye (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 15, 2016
Compagnie interessante axé sur le service client,Bonne compagnie
Pros
Repas payés
Cons
Courtes pauses
Un bon emploi d'été
Spécialiste centre d'archives (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCFebruary 12, 2016
Iroun Mountain est un bon emploi d'été puisqu'il y a beaucoup d'heures de travail distribué durant cette période. Avoir 40 heure la semaine est assez facile, de plus l’entrepôt est fermer la fin de semaine. Le salaire est bon et on peut travail relativement en paix sans contact avec une clientèle.
Pros
bon salaire
Cons
environnement poussiéreux
Gestionnaire de document et des archives
Gestionnaire de l'information (Current Employee) –  Laval, QCAugust 18, 2015
Très bonne entreprise spécialisée dans les archives et la gestion de l'information.
Pros
Avantage sociaux
je saisissais tout les documents des banques et les dossiers medicaux
chef de file en gestion de l'information (Former Employee) –  lavalSeptember 6, 2014
Grosse entreprise, qui ne paye pas, on travail avec des caps d aciers les femmes, pour soulever les boites de dossiers médicaux, et on a des chiffres a sortir a tout les jours, aussi non bureau du patron.

Jalousie envers les femmes

Pas une belle ambiance de travail
Pros
avantage sociaux
Cons
toujours produire
environnement tres agreable
specialiste en archivage (Former Employee) –  laval rue fleedwoodApril 12, 2014
Gestion et entreposage de documents
Gestion des données
Service de déchiquetage protégé
Gestion de documents
Gestion de l'information sur la santé
Services d'entierement de technologies
Conformité de la gestion de documents
Pros
exemple : experience professionelle
Cons
exemple : troop insatisfait de certains comportements
Agréable
Manutentionnaire (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCSeptember 9, 2012
J'ai beucouP aimer travaillé la bas.c 'était vraiment cool
Pros
non
Cons
non