Iron Mountain Employee Reviews in Canada

Innovative and open corporate culture.
Director, Continuous Improvement (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, OntarioAugust 10, 2015
A great place to work, lots of opportunities and a real focus on business transformation. A number of established tele-commuting opportunities.
Good work place.
CSO & SITE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Surrey B,C,August 14, 2015
Good work place. Supervisory position. Good co-workers. Most enjoyable part of the job is putting in an honest days work, and feeling appreciated.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
fun supportive co workers as well as insentives
record center specialist (Former Employee) –  edmonton, albertaJuly 3, 2015
Fun people to work with. Always a fast paced environment and never bored or running out of work. Lots of training support as well as team support.
Good place to work for long term career
Record Centre Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 29, 2015
Committed to serve better.
Leaders in Information management business,
Family-oriented environment
Care about employees
Customer service is first priority
Pros
Quarterly Bounses
Cons
No opportunity for personal growth
very busy call volumne
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBMay 11, 2014
Every call was different, one call you would have to think like a nurse, the next a lawyer, then a bank teller and then an Insurance adjuster, etc., very high security, every company that called had their own code, lots of times they didn't know it, so we had to try and help them find it. There was no time for socializing on the job, a few of us would gather at someones house to play board games or at someones house for a bon-fire in the summertime. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
too many things to remember & they changed from day to day, not paid enough for the job.
Fast pased and friendly enviroment.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBSeptember 6, 2014
You would never know what country you would receive a call from. It was very interesting to speak with people from around the globe.

It was a rewarding feeling when someone would call in with an issue and I had the knowledge and capabilities to resolve the issue. This would leave the customer with a positive experience with the company.
Cafetria Staff
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBSeptember 29, 2014
A typical day working in the KVHS Cafeteria was meal preparations. I learned how to make a lot of lunches and meals for a lot of High school personal. My co-worker would say I am reliable, dependable, hard-working person. I enjoyed working with all of the different people from students at the school to the teachers and staff of the school.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
split shifts.
Productive and a very fun and upbeat place to work.
Customer Response Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBOctober 2, 2013
Very professional,enjoyed working with my co-workers.Sometimes the hardest part of the job is to multitask. Sometimes you would have to take inboud calls and enter faxes in the computer for the fax team. At times they would be over loaded with faxes. And we as a company where one large team and would help out that department for faxes that were requested had a cut off time that they needed to be entered in by.
Pros
days shifts/no weekends
Cons
sometimes it was hard to schedule a day off in advance for a doctors appt.
Can't make up there minds
csr (Former Employee) –  saint john nbJune 29, 2012
I was there 7 years and the last 2 were not great. The company overall lost focus for the customer and decided that it was all about the #'s and if you did not meet the #'s you were hounded and harassed. Then the company changed there minds and tried to refocus on the customer instead of the #'s but this changed from week to week. The moral was very low and when you tried to talk about it with a supervisior you were told things like you are costing the company 10's of thousands of dollars or that you were attracting negative customers through the phone lines and could never get a straight answer from anyone. I am no longer with this company and i would not recommend working for this company.
Hard working, bonus paid, good communications
Records Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 11, 2012
I learned much about document management and file retrieval. I learned mostly how to work independantly and set an example to my fellow co-workers.
We handled material that was confidential and we had set timelines to manage. We had to scan in and out of work on time and count all of our work activities. I was very accountable and responsible for my work and time.
I liked working as a team and accomplishing work goals. We had a good positive manager who made work fun and encouraged us within her capacity as a manager.
Pros
bonuses, work independently and as a team, learn different aspects of the business.
Cons
worked the night shift when i wanted the day shift.
I absolutely loved working for Iron Mountain.This enviroment was like my second home.
Customer Response Agent/Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBOctober 2, 2012
9am to 5 pm,Monday to Friday.I have learned a large amount working for this company.Management were great! Easy to get along with.I feel that for me there was no hard part of the job.Talking to our regular customers.
Pros
received a certificate when customer gave you a compliment with great customer service.
Cons
i do not feel there were any cons working for this company.
Not a bad place to work.
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBSeptember 9, 2012
IM has a great office atmosphere and does not look or feel like other call center jobs. The management team for the most part were very understanding and most of the time had an open door policy. The hours were great, no weekends, the staff/management team did little things to show their appreciation (ex. cooking breakfast for the whole center, dress down days, etc)
Pros
no weekends
Cons
were not flexiable when it came to vacation, snow storms, sick days like their sister center in collegeville.
Not ethical
Clinic Director/Advanced Holistic Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 16, 2014
Had to resign due to unpaid compensation.

I worked FT 35hrs/week as a clinical, seeing clients, as well as a clinical director doing all administrative duties, as well as interviewing hiring employees.

I was a writer for a magazine for the clinic, as well as a blogger.
Outdoor job, highly security building
Transportation Coordinator / Courier (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMay 27, 2014
I prefer not to provide my review to the public.I prefer not to provide my review to the public.I prefer not to provide my revI prefer not to provide my review to the public.iew to the public.I prefer not to provide my review to the public.I prefer not to provide my review to the public.I prefer not to provide my review to the public.
very good workplace to work for
Records Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 14, 2014
Very productive everyday and accomplish a lot through the day with the support of my clients and co-workers.
Working on projects is quite a difficult task because I have to set up meetings with clients to discuss important items of the project.
My clients are very good so I enjoy working with them
Very unorganized management, does not pay well
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  EdmontonSeptember 4, 2014
I worked for iron mountain for almost 3 months. Management gave me more work and responsibility than anyone else with my same position which I am fine with...if the pay increases with responsibility. It didn't. Management acted like I was lucky to have this responsibility and didn't see any reason why I would require a raise. This job looked like it was going to be perfect for what I was looking for. Whatever you do, do not work for iron mountain. They are a careless, extremely unorganized company that don't treat you with respect. My manager actually hung up on me when I notified him that we were low on a certain supply. If you are unlucky enough to get injured like my co-worker, you expected to work anyway and deal with it. Again, don't do it. They have very high turnover for a reason.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
don't treat you with respect, low pay, very disorganized
Temp Position
data entry (Former Employee) –  Edmonton ABApril 5, 2015
Staff helpful, management was a learning experience to prep me for my next posting. lots of heavy lifting, it was hard on the body but good for the mind.
Pros
close to bus route, weekends off
Cons
hard on the body
excellent environment
Customer Care Associate for Records Management (Former Employee) –  saint johnFebruary 15, 2013
Best call center environment, management friendly and helpful, can be a bit stress full dealing with high pressure clients. Over all the clients are professionals and the job is easy a bit boring and repetitive but for call center it will be the best you've ever worked in.
Fast Paced Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBSeptember 17, 2014
Troubleshoots and resolves customer impacting issues.

Utilizes various systems and tools to initiate to assist and service customers.

Answers customer/client requests or inquiries concerning services and products and reports problem areas.
Nice staff, repetive work, free coffee
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCAugust 16, 2012
As a note, as I was a part-time worker, the star ratings of this particular company would probably be completely different coming from a full-time employee as they probably have more benefits, pay, etc.
A typical day at work would consist of coming in, and typing up orders all day. We would be timed on our typing speed everyday. We had to maintain a certain quota. It wasn't mandatory but more implied. Speed was essential.
In the beginning, I wasn't too happy with the job. It was nothing like I had imagined. I found it very boring and repetitive. I learned how to control my anxiety and come up with ways to start enjoying the job. My French also strengthened.
Management was excellent. Very friendly and understanding.
My co-workers were fine as well.
The hardest part of my job was in the beginning of my job, when I had to accept that the task will be the same all day long.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the people. They were really friendly.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
monotonous