Iron Mountain Employee Reviews

LOW PAY , WORK ENVIRONMENT IS GOOD
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON10 August 2015
learned data entry , teamwork, communication better with manger and upper management level

co-workers are nice
hardest part is easy to feel tire
Pros
close to home
Cons
really tired after work
I absolutely loved working for Iron Mountain.This enviroment was like my second home.
Customer Response Agent/Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB2 October 2012
9am to 5 pm,Monday to Friday.I have learned a large amount working for this company.Management were great! Easy to get along with.I feel that for me there was no hard part of the job.Talking to our regular customers.
Pros
received a certificate when customer gave you a compliment with great customer service.
Cons
i do not feel there were any cons working for this company.
Not a bad place to work.
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB9 September 2012
IM has a great office atmosphere and does not look or feel like other call center jobs. The management team for the most part were very understanding and most of the time had an open door policy. The hours were great, no weekends, the staff/management team did little things to show their appreciation (ex. cooking breakfast for the whole center, dress down days, etc)
Pros
no weekends
Cons
were not flexiable when it came to vacation, snow storms, sick days like their sister center in collegeville.
A secured place to make a career
Courier assistant and Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2013
A tipical day starts with a morning team meeting where all concerns about the goals for that particular day are brought by the drivers, and clarified by the supervisor. While I worked at Iron Mountain, I learned about the importance of confidentiality and protection of the information. Also, working as a team is part of the learning. A daily part of the job is creating a good environment of interaction with co-workers as all the preparations to go on the road are done. Many customers with different personalities are waiting for you at all kind of companies. The daily duty of a "Mountanier" courier is to do deliveries and pickups of the items required by the customers and register them on the system, using a scaner software. It all need to be done in a timely manner. Driving through trafic and doing some lifting, might be the hardest part of the job. Finally, all picked up and/or returned items will return to base. I had a fun time while working hard. Having your breaks, making friends, and getting support from your team when is needed is also part of the job.
Pros
Paid breaks, Good benefits
Cons
Some customers do not have a freights elevator so you have to handle trough the stairs
Productive workplace and humble environment
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 August 2015
I was sad to leave, as I really enjoyed my time with Iron Mountain, but I understand the company had to make some changes going through a large restructuring which impacted my position and department.
My co-workers/colleagues and Manager were such an amazing team to work with!
Pros
Bonuses for productivity
Cons
Pay rate was not fair for a position dealing with highly sensitive and confidential documents
Good place to work for long term career
Record Centre Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2015
Committed to serve better.
Leaders in Information management business,
Family-oriented environment
Care about employees
Customer service is first priority
Pros
Quarterly Bounses
Cons
No opportunity for personal growth
Operations Manager Secure Shred (Former Employee) –  Toronto16 October 2015
Good opportunity to advance, learned a lot.

Managed largest on-site shred department in North America.
Initiative Championing: Initiated joint ventures with external companies that helped to build strategic alliances.
modern day slavery
record center specialist (Former Employee) –  toronto29 March 2015
If you have respect for your health dont work in this company. As advertised required heavy lifting up to 70 lbs. Did not emphasize that one person should build at least 14 skids with 48 boxes in every skid. Plus very dusty boxes most are decade or more old. Dust and molds are other factors encountered daily. Every week at least one employee get sick. Very prone to hurt self and pay is not worthy.

P.s. Boxes as heavy as 70 lbs. Are located in 3rd or 4th shelves and need to bring it down daily. Use your imagination how hard it is.
Pros
free coffee and tea.
Cons
eventually will die soon if will hang on this job.
Not ethical
Clinic Director/Advanced Holistic Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 December 2014
Had to resign due to unpaid compensation.

I worked FT 35hrs/week as a clinical, seeing clients, as well as a clinical director doing all administrative duties, as well as interviewing hiring employees.

I was a writer for a magazine for the clinic, as well as a blogger.
Interesting Job
Data Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 October 2015
I was in a contract position with this company. They were nice to work for--a very relaxed environment. Job was repetitive but coworkers are wonderful.
Temp Position
data entry (Former Employee) –  Edmonton AB5 April 2015
Staff helpful, management was a learning experience to prep me for my next posting. lots of heavy lifting, it was hard on the body but good for the mind.
Pros
close to bus route, weekends off
Cons
hard on the body
excellent environment
Customer Care Associate for Records Management (Former Employee) –  saint john15 February 2013
Best call center environment, management friendly and helpful, can be a bit stress full dealing with high pressure clients. Over all the clients are professionals and the job is easy a bit boring and repetitive but for call center it will be the best you've ever worked in.
Can't make up there minds
csr (Former Employee) –  saint john nb29 June 2012
I was there 7 years and the last 2 were not great. The company overall lost focus for the customer and decided that it was all about the #'s and if you did not meet the #'s you were hounded and harassed. Then the company changed there minds and tried to refocus on the customer instead of the #'s but this changed from week to week. The moral was very low and when you tried to talk about it with a supervisior you were told things like you are costing the company 10's of thousands of dollars or that you were attracting negative customers through the phone lines and could never get a straight answer from anyone. I am no longer with this company and i would not recommend working for this company.
Excellent learning experience
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL7 September 2012
Iron Mountain was a good place to work and I learned a lot of new things while I was employed there. I was working on my own mostly and enjoyed it thoroughly.
Pros
paid birthday off
Cons
no job security
Industrial construction and maintenance
Millwright/Welder (Current Employee) –  Surrey B.C.13 November 2011
IRON MOUNTAIN has a very good management team . They are striving for larger contacts and a more secure future for their employees !!!
Productive company good clients
Bilingual Customer Service/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON24 August 2015
Good company to work for.
And love to talk to the Montreal clients.
Help English data entry peoples with translating into french all info
Innovative and open corporate culture.
Director, Continuous Improvement (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, Ontario10 August 2015
A great place to work, lots of opportunities and a real focus on business transformation. A number of established tele-commuting opportunities.
Good work place.
CSO & SITE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Surrey B,C,14 August 2015
Good work place. Supervisory position. Good co-workers. Most enjoyable part of the job is putting in an honest days work, and feeling appreciated.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Productive and a very fun and upbeat place to work.
Customer Response Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB2 October 2013
Very professional,enjoyed working with my co-workers.Sometimes the hardest part of the job is to multitask. Sometimes you would have to take inboud calls and enter faxes in the computer for the fax team. At times they would be over loaded with faxes. And we as a company where one large team and would help out that department for faxes that were requested had a cut off time that they needed to be entered in by.
Pros
Days shifts/no weekends
Cons
Sometimes it was hard to schedule a day off in advance for a doctors appt.
N/A
Manager, Employee Services (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 September 2013
Great environment to work in, allowing for career advancement and challenge