Iron Mountain Employee Reviews in Canada

Temp Position
data entry (Former Employee) –  Edmonton ABApril 5, 2015
Staff helpful, management was a learning experience to prep me for my next posting. lots of heavy lifting, it was hard on the body but good for the mind.
Pros
close to bus route, weekends off
Cons
hard on the body
modern day slavery
record center specialist (Former Employee) –  torontoMarch 29, 2015
If you have respect for your health dont work in this company. As advertised required heavy lifting up to 70 lbs. Did not emphasize that one person should build at least 14 skids with 48 boxes in every skid. Plus very dusty boxes most are decade or more old. Dust and molds are other factors encountered daily. Every week at least one employee get sick. Very prone to hurt self and pay is not worthy.

P.s. Boxes as heavy as 70 lbs. Are located in 3rd or 4th shelves and need to bring it down daily. Use your imagination how hard it is.
Pros
free coffee and tea.
Cons
eventually will die soon if will hang on this job.
One of the worst companies, I've worked for
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 19, 2014
Had to work extra hours on a consistant basis. Tied to my cell phone 24 hours a day. Manager was VERY unapproachable, very distant.

Good pay, but no work/life balance
Pros
pay - benefits
Cons
fun supportive co workers as well as insentives
record center specialist (Former Employee) –  edmonton, albertaJuly 3, 2015
Fun people to work with. Always a fast paced environment and never bored or running out of work. Lots of training support as well as team support.
Hard working, bonus paid, good communications
Records Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 11, 2012
I learned much about document management and file retrieval. I learned mostly how to work independantly and set an example to my fellow co-workers.
We handled material that was confidential and we had set timelines to manage. We had to scan in and out of work on time and count all of our work activities. I was very accountable and responsible for my work and time.
I liked working as a team and accomplishing work goals. We had a good positive manager who made work fun and encouraged us within her capacity as a manager.
Pros
bonuses, work independently and as a team, learn different aspects of the business.
Cons
worked the night shift when i wanted the day shift.
very busy call volumne
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBMay 11, 2014
Every call was different, one call you would have to think like a nurse, the next a lawyer, then a bank teller and then an Insurance adjuster, etc., very high security, every company that called had their own code, lots of times they didn't know it, so we had to try and help them find it. There was no time for socializing on the job, a few of us would gather at someones house to play board games or at someones house for a bon-fire in the summertime. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
too many things to remember & they changed from day to day, not paid enough for the job.
Not ethical
Clinic Director/Advanced Holistic Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 16, 2014
Had to resign due to unpaid compensation.

I worked FT 35hrs/week as a clinical, seeing clients, as well as a clinical director doing all administrative duties, as well as interviewing hiring employees.

I was a writer for a magazine for the clinic, as well as a blogger.
I absolutely loved working for Iron Mountain.This enviroment was like my second home.
Customer Response Agent/Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBOctober 2, 2012
9am to 5 pm,Monday to Friday.I have learned a large amount working for this company.Management were great! Easy to get along with.I feel that for me there was no hard part of the job.Talking to our regular customers.
Pros
received a certificate when customer gave you a compliment with great customer service.
Cons
i do not feel there were any cons working for this company.
Not a bad place to work.
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBSeptember 9, 2012
IM has a great office atmosphere and does not look or feel like other call center jobs. The management team for the most part were very understanding and most of the time had an open door policy. The hours were great, no weekends, the staff/management team did little things to show their appreciation (ex. cooking breakfast for the whole center, dress down days, etc)
Pros
no weekends
Cons
were not flexiable when it came to vacation, snow storms, sick days like their sister center in collegeville.
A secured place to make a career
Courier assistant and Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 2, 2013
A tipical day starts with a morning team meeting where all concerns about the goals for that particular day are brought by the drivers, and clarified by the supervisor. While I worked at Iron Mountain, I learned about the importance of confidentiality and protection of the information. Also, working as a team is part of the learning. A daily part of the job is creating a good environment of interaction with co-workers as all the preparations to go on the road are done. Many customers with different personalities are waiting for you at all kind of companies. The daily duty of a "Mountanier" courier is to do deliveries and pickups of the items required by the customers and register them on the system, using a scaner software. It all need to be done in a timely manner. Driving through trafic and doing some lifting, might be the hardest part of the job. Finally, all picked up and/or returned items will return to base. I had a fun time while working hard. Having your breaks, making friends, and getting support from your team when is needed is also part of the job.
Pros
paid breaks, good benefits
Cons
some customers do not have a freights elevator so you have to handle trough the stairs
excellent environment
Customer Care Associate for Records Management (Former Employee) –  saint johnFebruary 15, 2013
Best call center environment, management friendly and helpful, can be a bit stress full dealing with high pressure clients. Over all the clients are professionals and the job is easy a bit boring and repetitive but for call center it will be the best you've ever worked in.
Can't make up there minds
csr (Former Employee) –  saint john nbJune 29, 2012
I was there 7 years and the last 2 were not great. The company overall lost focus for the customer and decided that it was all about the #'s and if you did not meet the #'s you were hounded and harassed. Then the company changed there minds and tried to refocus on the customer instead of the #'s but this changed from week to week. The moral was very low and when you tried to talk about it with a supervisior you were told things like you are costing the company 10's of thousands of dollars or that you were attracting negative customers through the phone lines and could never get a straight answer from anyone. I am no longer with this company and i would not recommend working for this company.
Excellent learning experience
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLSeptember 7, 2012
Iron Mountain was a good place to work and I learned a lot of new things while I was employed there. I was working on my own mostly and enjoyed it thoroughly.
Pros
paid birthday off
Cons
no job security
Industrial construction and maintenance
Millwright/Welder (Current Employee) –  Surrey B.C.November 13, 2011
IRON MOUNTAIN has a very good management team . They are striving for larger contacts and a more secure future for their employees !!!
Productive and a very fun and upbeat place to work.
Customer Response Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBOctober 2, 2013
Very professional,enjoyed working with my co-workers.Sometimes the hardest part of the job is to multitask. Sometimes you would have to take inboud calls and enter faxes in the computer for the fax team. At times they would be over loaded with faxes. And we as a company where one large team and would help out that department for faxes that were requested had a cut off time that they needed to be entered in by.
Pros
days shifts/no weekends
Cons
sometimes it was hard to schedule a day off in advance for a doctors appt.
N/A
Manager, Employee Services (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 9, 2013
Great environment to work in, allowing for career advancement and challenge
Fast pased and friendly enviroment.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBSeptember 6, 2014
You would never know what country you would receive a call from. It was very interesting to speak with people from around the globe.

It was a rewarding feeling when someone would call in with an issue and I had the knowledge and capabilities to resolve the issue. This would leave the customer with a positive experience with the company.
Cafetria Staff
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBSeptember 29, 2014
A typical day working in the KVHS Cafeteria was meal preparations. I learned how to make a lot of lunches and meals for a lot of High school personal. My co-worker would say I am reliable, dependable, hard-working person. I enjoyed working with all of the different people from students at the school to the teachers and staff of the school.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
split shifts.
very good workplace to work for
Records Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 14, 2014
Very productive everyday and accomplish a lot through the day with the support of my clients and co-workers.
Working on projects is quite a difficult task because I have to set up meetings with clients to discuss important items of the project.
My clients are very good so I enjoy working with them
Busy
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 25, 2012
working in ironmountain was good experience.co-workers and management was very helpful...