Iron Mountain Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
fast enviroment and lots to do, as well as great hard working people
Record Center Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton AlbertaNovember 12, 2014
Pros: end of quarter bonuses / free lunches
Cons: lots of temporary workers, lack of space, over packed boxes
-inbound up to 1500 packs of paper( loans, mortgages ect.)
-label and organize these bundles into sections of the warehouse that they will be getting put away.
-Fine sort the bundles into more detailed piles for easy put away. It could be back logged days that i would be sorting.
- If put on the task of doing "file put away" i would scan one paper at a time from a sorted bundle to the correct unit and shelf and proceed to find the file the bundle of paper belongs to and put it in. I would continue to repeat theses steps till the alotted time for the task was up.
Minimal communication due to consantration.
Our department was also responsible for checking rush orders or half day orders which requires checking the system every 10- 15 minutes. It was also our responsibility to go pull the order which could be files or boxes.
I also put away and pulled boxes from assigned locations which weighed up to 50lbs.
I learned how to use the specialized computer program to the fullest of my abilities, as well as hand scanners and label printing machines.
I was very close with a few of my older co workers who were very supportive with my wanting to learn and grow within the company.
I loved the job mostly for the independant working but as well how close of a team we were and always excelled as a team.
The hardest part of this job was having to put 50lbs + boxes away in very high parts of the warehouses.
very good workplace to work for
Records Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 14, 2014
Very productive everyday and accomplish a lot through the day with the support of my clients and co-workers.
Working on projects is quite a difficult task because I have to set up meetings with clients to discuss important items of the project.
My clients are very good so I enjoy working with them
Cafetria Staff
Team Lead (Former Employee), Saint John, NBSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: split shifts.
A typical day working in the KVHS Cafeteria was meal preparations. I learned how to make a lot of lunches and meals for a lot of High school personal. My co-worker would say I am reliable, dependable, hard-working person. I enjoyed working with all of the different people from students at the school to the teachers and staff of the school.
Friendly work environment
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 22, 2014
Meet daily targets, complete each task under minimal supervision.
Fast Paced Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Saint John, NBSeptember 17, 2014
Troubleshoots and resolves customer impacting issues.

Utilizes various systems and tools to initiate to assist and service customers.

Answers customer/client requests or inquiries concerning services and products and reports problem areas.
Fast pased and friendly enviroment.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Saint John, NBSeptember 6, 2014
You would never know what country you would receive a call from. It was very interesting to speak with people from around the globe.

It was a rewarding feeling when someone would call in with an issue and I had the knowledge and capabilities to resolve the issue. This would leave the customer with a positive experience with the company.
Very unorganized management, does not pay well
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), EdmontonSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: don't treat you with respect, low pay, very disorganized
I worked for iron mountain for almost 3 months. Management gave me more work and responsibility than anyone else with my same position which I am fine with...if the pay increases with responsibility. It didn't. Management acted like I was lucky to have this responsibility and didn't see any reason why I would require a raise. This job looked like it was going to be perfect for what I was looking for. Whatever you do, do not work for iron mountain. They are a careless, extremely unorganized company that don't treat you with respect. My manager actually hung up on me when I notified him that we were low on a certain supply. If you are unlucky enough to get injured like my co-worker, you expected to work anyway and deal with it. Again, don't do it. They have very high turnover for a reason.
One of the worst companies, I've worked for
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 19, 2014
Pros: pay - benefits
Cons: long hours
Had to work extra hours on a consistant basis. Tied to my cell phone 24 hours a day. Manager was VERY unapproachable, very distant.

Good pay, but no work/life balance
My co-workers
Customer Service Associate/Data Entry (Former Employee), Saint JohnJuly 23, 2014
I really enjoyed working with the people at innovatia. We were a small group that helped each other if we had any issues that we needed help with.
Outdoor job, highly security building
Transportation Coordinator / Courier (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCMay 27, 2014
I prefer not to provide my review to the public.I prefer not to provide my review to the public.I prefer not to provide my revI prefer not to provide my review to the public.iew to the public.I prefer not to provide my review to the public.I prefer not to provide my review to the public.I prefer not to provide my review to the public.
very busy call volumne
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Saint John, NBMay 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: too many things to remember & they changed from day to day, not paid enough for the job.
Every call was different, one call you would have to think like a nurse, the next a lawyer, then a bank teller and then an Insurance adjuster, etc., very high security, every company that called had their own code, lots of times they didn't know it, so we had to try and help them find it. There was no time for socializing on the job, a few of us would gather at someones house to play board games or at someones house for a bon-fire in the summertime. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers.
awesome
record center specialist (Former Employee), Concord, ONApril 26, 2014
this place is just so fun...people are amazing and the work environment is brilliant
Worldwide leader in records mgmt
Record Center Specialist (Current Employee), torontoMarch 5, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: no cons
Met some good people and mgmt is very supportive of you when you need someone to talk to always their to support you.
Physically demanding and confidentially
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 13, 2014
Iron Mountain Incorporated is a reputable company in North America. Dealing with numerous confidential and classified documents sent from several companies, it was my responsibility to organize boxes in the warehouse according to our operating system. On an average eight hour day, i'd store around 800 boxes. These boxes weighed anywhere from twenty to sixty pounds, and no doubt all this lifting amongst three stories in our warehouse was extremely physically demanding. If no boxes were to be stored in a day, my other job in the company consisted of going through these paper documents, and scanning them in our system once they were requested back from the company, making sure we kept copy of the files. For the company's sake and privacy of others, I am never to disclose any information I have seen when employed for Iron Mountain. For the greater portion of the summer, I worked alone in the warehouse, I grew very tired easily and had no one to support me morally nor physically. It was very hard labour and I certainly did struggle at times but I had to stay mentally focused to get the job done and complete what was being asked of me. My manager, did not work in the warehouse, but several in times in the day he'd come check up on me, making sure everything was running smoothly, very good guy. Very small staff of four members, but we did work extremely hard and accomplished plenty during a day.
Productive and a very fun and upbeat place to work.
Customer Response Agent (Former Employee), Saint John, NBOctober 2, 2013
Pros: days shifts/no weekends
Cons: sometimes it was hard to schedule a day off in advance for a doctors appt.
Very professional,enjoyed working with my co-workers.Sometimes the hardest part of the job is to multitask. Sometimes you would have to take inboud calls and enter faxes in the computer for the fax team. At times they would be over loaded with faxes. And we as a company where one large team and would help out that department for faxes that were requested had a cut off time that they needed to be entered in by.
N/A
Manager, Employee Services (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 9, 2013
Great environment to work in, allowing for career advancement and challenge
- Productive and good balanced place to work.
RECORDS CENTRE SPECIALIST. (Current Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 23, 2013
Pros: - free coffee and tea.
- Got lots of canadian work experiences and methods to get lucrative results in a fast paced environment.
good experience
Imaging specialist (Former Employee), Concord, ONJuly 18, 2013
Pros: learned something from others
Cons: early work
it was full time job 40h/day

really happy to work there because co-workers are nice, the job is high-paced.
A secured place to make a career
Courier assistant and Van Driver (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 2, 2013
Pros: paid breaks, good benefits
Cons: some customers do not have a freights elevator so you have to handle trough the stairs
A tipical day starts with a morning team meeting where all concerns about the goals for that particular day are brought by the drivers, and clarified by the supervisor. While I worked at Iron Mountain, I learned about the importance of confidentiality and protection of the information. Also, working as a team is part of the learning. A daily part of the job is creating a good environment of interaction with co-workers as all the preparations to go on the road are done. Many customers with different personalities are waiting for you at all kind of companies. The daily duty of a "Mountanier" courier is to do deliveries and pickups of the items required by the customers and register them on the system, using a scaner software. It all need to be done in a timely manner. Driving through trafic and doing some lifting, might be the hardest part of the job. Finally, all picked up and/or returned items will return to base. I had a fun time while working hard. Having your breaks, making friends, and getting support from your team when is needed is also part of the job.
excellent environment
Customer Care Associate for Records Management (Former Employee), saint johnFebruary 15, 2013
Best call center environment, management friendly and helpful, can be a bit stress full dealing with high pressure clients. Over all the clients are professionals and the job is easy a bit boring and repetitive but for call center it will be the best you've ever worked in.
Links