Iron Mountain Employee Reviews

Productive workplace and humble environment
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 5, 2015
I was sad to leave, as I really enjoyed my time with Iron Mountain, but I understand the company had to make some changes going through a large restructuring which impacted my position and department.
My co-workers/colleagues and Manager were such an amazing team to work with!
Pros
Bonuses for productivity
Cons
Pay rate was not fair for a position dealing with highly sensitive and confidential documents
fun supportive co workers as well as insentives
record center specialist (Former Employee) –  edmonton, albertaJuly 3, 2015
Fun people to work with. Always a fast paced environment and never bored or running out of work. Lots of training support as well as team support.
Good place to work for long term career
Record Centre Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 29, 2015
Committed to serve better.
Leaders in Information management business,
Family-oriented environment
Care about employees
Customer service is first priority
Pros
Quarterly Bounses
Cons
No opportunity for personal growth
Temp Position
data entry (Former Employee) –  Edmonton ABApril 5, 2015
Staff helpful, management was a learning experience to prep me for my next posting. lots of heavy lifting, it was hard on the body but good for the mind.
Pros
close to bus route, weekends off
Cons
hard on the body
modern day slavery
record center specialist (Former Employee) –  torontoMarch 29, 2015
If you have respect for your health dont work in this company. As advertised required heavy lifting up to 70 lbs. Did not emphasize that one person should build at least 14 skids with 48 boxes in every skid. Plus very dusty boxes most are decade or more old. Dust and molds are other factors encountered daily. Every week at least one employee get sick. Very prone to hurt self and pay is not worthy.

P.s. Boxes as heavy as 70 lbs. Are located in 3rd or 4th shelves and need to bring it down daily. Use your imagination how hard it is.
Pros
free coffee and tea.
Cons
eventually will die soon if will hang on this job.
Not ethical
Clinic Director/Advanced Holistic Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 16, 2014
Had to resign due to unpaid compensation.

I worked FT 35hrs/week as a clinical, seeing clients, as well as a clinical director doing all administrative duties, as well as interviewing hiring employees.

I was a writer for a magazine for the clinic, as well as a blogger.
fast enviroment and lots to do, as well as great hard working people
Record Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton AlbertaNovember 12, 2014
-inbound up to 1500 packs of paper( loans, mortgages ect.)
-label and organize these bundles into sections of the warehouse that they will be getting put away.
-Fine sort the bundles into more detailed piles for easy put away. It could be back logged days that i would be sorting.
- If put on the task of doing "file put away" i would scan one paper at a time from a sorted bundle to the correct unit and shelf and proceed to find the file the bundle of paper belongs to and put it in. I would continue to repeat theses steps till the alotted time for the task was up.
Minimal communication due to consantration.
Our department was also responsible for checking rush orders or half day orders which requires checking the system every 10- 15 minutes. It was also our responsibility to go pull the order which could be files or boxes.
I also put away and pulled boxes from assigned locations which weighed up to 50lbs.
I learned how to use the specialized computer program to the fullest of my abilities, as well as hand scanners and label printing machines.
I was very close with a few of my older co workers who were very supportive with my wanting to learn and grow within the company.
I loved the job mostly for the independant working but as well how close of a team we were and always excelled as a team.
The hardest part of this job was having to put 50lbs + boxes away in very high parts of the warehouses.
Pros
end of quarter bonuses / free lunches
Cons
lots of temporary workers, lack of space, over packed boxes
very good workplace to work for
Records Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 14, 2014
Very productive everyday and accomplish a lot through the day with the support of my clients and co-workers.
Working on projects is quite a difficult task because I have to set up meetings with clients to discuss important items of the project.
My clients are very good so I enjoy working with them
Cafetria Staff
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBSeptember 29, 2014
A typical day working in the KVHS Cafeteria was meal preparations. I learned how to make a lot of lunches and meals for a lot of High school personal. My co-worker would say I am reliable, dependable, hard-working person. I enjoyed working with all of the different people from students at the school to the teachers and staff of the school.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
split shifts.
Friendly work environment
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 22, 2014
Meet daily targets, complete each task under minimal supervision.
Fast Paced Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBSeptember 17, 2014
Troubleshoots and resolves customer impacting issues.

Utilizes various systems and tools to initiate to assist and service customers.

Answers customer/client requests or inquiries concerning services and products and reports problem areas.
Fast pased and friendly enviroment.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBSeptember 6, 2014
You would never know what country you would receive a call from. It was very interesting to speak with people from around the globe.

It was a rewarding feeling when someone would call in with an issue and I had the knowledge and capabilities to resolve the issue. This would leave the customer with a positive experience with the company.
Very unorganized management, does not pay well
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  EdmontonSeptember 4, 2014
I worked for iron mountain for almost 3 months. Management gave me more work and responsibility than anyone else with my same position which I am fine with...if the pay increases with responsibility. It didn't. Management acted like I was lucky to have this responsibility and didn't see any reason why I would require a raise. This job looked like it was going to be perfect for what I was looking for. Whatever you do, do not work for iron mountain. They are a careless, extremely unorganized company that don't treat you with respect. My manager actually hung up on me when I notified him that we were low on a certain supply. If you are unlucky enough to get injured like my co-worker, you expected to work anyway and deal with it. Again, don't do it. They have very high turnover for a reason.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
don't treat you with respect, low pay, very disorganized
One of the worst companies, I've worked for
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 19, 2014
Had to work extra hours on a consistant basis. Tied to my cell phone 24 hours a day. Manager was VERY unapproachable, very distant.

Good pay, but no work/life balance
Pros
pay - benefits
My co-workers
Customer Service Associate/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Saint JohnJuly 23, 2014
I really enjoyed working with the people at innovatia. We were a small group that helped each other if we had any issues that we needed help with.
Outdoor job, highly security building
Transportation Coordinator / Courier (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMay 27, 2014
I prefer not to provide my review to the public.I prefer not to provide my review to the public.I prefer not to provide my revI prefer not to provide my review to the public.iew to the public.I prefer not to provide my review to the public.I prefer not to provide my review to the public.I prefer not to provide my review to the public.
very busy call volumne
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBMay 11, 2014
Every call was different, one call you would have to think like a nurse, the next a lawyer, then a bank teller and then an Insurance adjuster, etc., very high security, every company that called had their own code, lots of times they didn't know it, so we had to try and help them find it. There was no time for socializing on the job, a few of us would gather at someones house to play board games or at someones house for a bon-fire in the summertime. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
too many things to remember & they changed from day to day, not paid enough for the job.
awesome
record center specialist (Former Employee) –  Concord, ONApril 26, 2014
this place is just so fun...people are amazing and the work environment is brilliant
Worldwide leader in records mgmt
Record Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  torontoMarch 5, 2014
Met some good people and mgmt is very supportive of you when you need someone to talk to always their to support you.
Pros
great company
Cons
no cons
Physically demanding and confidentially
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 13, 2014
Iron Mountain Incorporated is a reputable company in North America. Dealing with numerous confidential and classified documents sent from several companies, it was my responsibility to organize boxes in the warehouse according to our operating system. On an average eight hour day, i'd store around 800 boxes. These boxes weighed anywhere from twenty to sixty pounds, and no doubt all this lifting amongst three stories in our warehouse was extremely physically demanding. If no boxes were to be stored in a day, my other job in the company consisted of going through these paper documents, and scanning them in our system once they were requested back from the company, making sure we kept copy of the files. For the company's sake and privacy of others, I am never to disclose any information I have seen when employed for Iron Mountain. For the greater portion of the summer, I worked alone in the warehouse, I grew very tired easily and had no one to support me morally nor physically. It was very hard labour and I certainly did struggle at times but I had to stay mentally focused to get the job done and complete what was being asked of me. My manager, did not work in the warehouse, but several in times in the day he'd come check up on me, making sure everything was running smoothly, very good guy. Very small staff of four members, but we did work extremely hard and accomplished plenty during a day.