Iron Mountain Employee Reviews in Canada

Culture Change
Records Centre Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCNovember 29, 2015
Iron Mountain culture has changed in the past 4 years. It is focused mostly on targets and profits. This culture change has seen a decline in employee and management engagement as everything is aimed at reducing cost and finding larger margins of profit. Local leaders are focused on profits rather than the people that work for them.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Long Hours and can never fully get away from work
A great place to work with great staff
Data Entry (6 Month Contract) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 3, 2016
I really enjoyed my time there.
I highly recommend applying if they have any opportunities available
the staff was really friendly and the work was steady.
it was a great Monday to Friday job
The only reason I left was because after 10 solid months of employment, I realized that office work was not for me
Pros
Steady work to a certain extent
Cons
Layoffs may be imminent if there isn't enough work available
good place but does ofre alot of chalenge
record centre specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 29, 2016
go help out with early Moring pull's then go to box put way all day.
how to inbound box's and file's.
good management team.
are hard work works but no really challenge for any one
having to pull in aisle where the lighting is bad its hard on the eye even with a flash light.
working with good people and having fun
Pros
free coffee, bbq's when we pull off a big order
Cons
bad lighting making hrad to pull the right material
Uncertain Future At This Company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 20, 2015
Iron Mountain was not a horrible place to work at culture wise, but as an employee you are just a number. Every year there is a wave of layoffs due to budgetary cuts in North America. It doesn't matter whether you have a track record of excellence, whether you are a critical member of the team, or even if many things wouldn't be possible without your expertise. A huge part of the problem is that leadership at higher levels make very costly decisions/mistakes without studying their possible impact in different markets. Who pays for those mistakes? The folks on the front lines. The problems are unfortunately systematic, I would not trust my future to Iron Mountain.
Cons
Layoffs (without warning), Mismanagement
Fun Workplace
DMS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Concord, ONAugust 10, 2016
Management is good
Co workers are good.
Learned about different nature of workers
Enjoyed the most
Learned about machines
Learned how to be a team leader
How to handle different people
Pros
learn
Cons
too much work load
Very unorganized management, does not pay well
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  EdmontonSeptember 4, 2014
I worked for iron mountain for almost 3 months. Management gave me more work and responsibility than anyone else with my same position which I am fine with...if the pay increases with responsibility. It didn't. Management acted like I was lucky to have this responsibility and didn't see any reason why I would require a raise. This job looked like it was going to be perfect for what I was looking for. Whatever you do, do not work for iron mountain. They are a careless, extremely unorganized company that don't treat you with respect. My manager actually hung up on me when I notified him that we were low on a certain supply. If you are unlucky enough to get injured like my co-worker, you expected to work anyway and deal with it. Again, don't do it. They have very high turnover for a reason.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
don't treat you with respect, low pay, very disorganized
productve and fun work place.
Record center specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 17, 2016
I learn there how a good information management system, how to be meticulous in a workplace.The most important is ,co-workers are a team. Good pay with a good plan benefits.
low pay long hours no support
Exploration Supervisor (Former Employee) –  cagaryJuly 24, 2016
they always wanted you to put in extra hours at work from monday to sunday then they gave nothing in return..very low wages for very physically demanding work
monotonous
Commis de Bureau (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QCMay 16, 2016
the working environment was excellent.The head office would do their best for us to be comfortable so as to productive.
The only negative thing one could say is that the work lack variety, so one would get bored easily.
Good company to work for
Special Projects Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Concord, ONMay 1, 2016
Over all i'm happy with my work and company but i think it's time to change my line to explore new challenge and also meet new people and places.
Courier/Driver, Laborer, Scanner (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 8, 2016
Great place to work Staff was great Management were friendly and knowledgeable. I worked as a Courier/Driver, Laborer, Scanner for this company
Nice staff, repetive work, free coffee
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCAugust 16, 2012
As a note, as I was a part-time worker, the star ratings of this particular company would probably be completely different coming from a full-time employee as they probably have more benefits, pay, etc.
A typical day at work would consist of coming in, and typing up orders all day. We would be timed on our typing speed everyday. We had to maintain a certain quota. It wasn't mandatory but more implied. Speed was essential.
In the beginning, I wasn't too happy with the job. It was nothing like I had imagined. I found it very boring and repetitive. I learned how to control my anxiety and come up with ways to start enjoying the job. My French also strengthened.
Management was excellent. Very friendly and understanding.
My co-workers were fine as well.
The hardest part of my job was in the beginning of my job, when I had to accept that the task will be the same all day long.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the people. They were really friendly.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
monotonous
very busy call volumne
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBMay 11, 2014
Every call was different, one call you would have to think like a nurse, the next a lawyer, then a bank teller and then an Insurance adjuster, etc., very high security, every company that called had their own code, lots of times they didn't know it, so we had to try and help them find it. There was no time for socializing on the job, a few of us would gather at someones house to play board games or at someones house for a bon-fire in the summertime. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
too many things to remember & they changed from day to day, not paid enough for the job.
Great Company ! An amazing team of managers and staff members
Billing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 31, 2016
A typical day was full of opportunity - no day was the same. There was always something new to learn or some new challenge to overcome. Working with such a great team people may everyday fun and inspiring.
Easy going, fun place to work
Records Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCJanuary 19, 2016
A regular day would consist of getting a daily project order from you manager, locating and obtaining info and retrieving data corresponding to your project, making photo copies and putting all info obtained back in its original location
Hard working people that are fun to be around!
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONAugust 28, 2015
At Iron Mountain everyone works together to achieve a high level of quality and service. There are strict rules to abide by and a level of security to maintain always. The work can be tedious and exhausting.

The management is good and always seeks feedback from employees for better production and improvement is working conditions.

I learned a lot about data entry and other clerical and administrative duties such as handling boxes and files of confidential documents.

The co-workers there are all genuinely nice and very helpful.
A secured place to make a career
Courier assistant and Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 2, 2013
A tipical day starts with a morning team meeting where all concerns about the goals for that particular day are brought by the drivers, and clarified by the supervisor. While I worked at Iron Mountain, I learned about the importance of confidentiality and protection of the information. Also, working as a team is part of the learning. A daily part of the job is creating a good environment of interaction with co-workers as all the preparations to go on the road are done. Many customers with different personalities are waiting for you at all kind of companies. The daily duty of a "Mountanier" courier is to do deliveries and pickups of the items required by the customers and register them on the system, using a scaner software. It all need to be done in a timely manner. Driving through trafic and doing some lifting, might be the hardest part of the job. Finally, all picked up and/or returned items will return to base. I had a fun time while working hard. Having your breaks, making friends, and getting support from your team when is needed is also part of the job.
Pros
paid breaks, good benefits
Cons
some customers do not have a freights elevator so you have to handle trough the stairs
fun place to work
Record Centre Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 26, 2015
easy and good paying work co workers is like family we work together as one and fix every problem as a team. the hardest part of the job is carrying lots of boxes and putting them back to shelves but everything is good after that.
busy,continual changes
csr (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBJanuary 14, 2016
typical day: answer incoming calls,use email,problem solve, transfer irate customers, review policy/procedures. Interact with co-workers.
Enjoyed meeting customer needs
Not ethical
Clinic Director/Advanced Holistic Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 16, 2014
Had to resign due to unpaid compensation.

I worked FT 35hrs/week as a clinical, seeing clients, as well as a clinical director doing all administrative duties, as well as interviewing hiring employees.

I was a writer for a magazine for the clinic, as well as a blogger.