Iron Mountain Employee Reviews

Welcoming environment
Imaging Centre Specialist (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON12 July 2017
When i worked at iron mountain i was prepping the files for scanning or usually scanning the files themselves, i had a wonderful time working here, everyone was so welcoming and made me happy to walk into work every day, i enjoyed working with the files i was always busy and job focused to complete it. i would say the hardest part was lifting the heavy boxes, overall it was a very straight forward job, there was great management, weekly improvement meetings.
Pros
30 paid break
Cons
early hours
easy to talk to
Mobile shred operator and Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 June 2017
i enjoy my job and have been mostly happy with the changes management does listen and is always there to help. The benefits and leave times are comparable if not better than any i have seen or heard of
High turnover. Honesty and hard work doesn't pay off if your numbers are low. Instead you can get by if you take shortcuts to maintain your quota.
Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 May 2017
It might be a great company to work for if you can get in as a driver permanent full time since it is unionized. Coming in at entry level as a Records Coordinator is tough to endure.

It's great if you like physical work, more like a workout. I lost 5 lbs. during the few months I was there.But it's really a numbers game. It's a challenge to maintain the quota the management has set for you as your numbers might decline to due fixing other people's f#$% ups. I am referring to the people that worked previous shifts before you that didn't finish their jobs properly.

We're either pulling out boxes of files or putting them away. Some people get away with not putting away boxes all the way to the back of the shelf so the next poor sap ends up doing it when he gets sent to that location. Or another frequent occurrence is others stacking heavy boxes on top of a stack and placing the lighter ones at the bottom.

As result, this slows down your production and time. Management might be aware of this but they don't really care. You're not really being monitored as your do your work. You have a handheld scanner to scan labels for all the file/ file boxes you process All they are concerned with is the bottom line if you could maintain your quota. Which is why I believe some workers cheat the system and take shortcuts. They fudge their numbers just to make their quota of number of boxes put away or pulled.

Another thing I didn't like was that I would often get relocated to another one of their satellite locations. They were all in the Metro Vancouver area however it's quite the
  more... distance having to be moved from south Burnaby to east Coquitlam and not be paid gas allowance ( commuting from Richmond ).  less
Pros
a good workout
Cons
no gas allowance, high turn over, workers cheating the system, no supervision by management
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 May 2017
It was a lot of fun working there nobody bothering you.
Very easy to concentrate. Demanding which I liked my staff was very nice. Well the Iron Mountain Location where I was they always put the people's well being first and in return they had very very good production.
I was sad to leave but I relocated I really enjoyed my work and my job.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No cons
work place
Driver (Former Employee) –  edmonton ab26 April 2017
great company and people to work with the training program is excellent and the customer service in good management care for the staff and help them when needed
Stress full - chasing time
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON12 April 2017
fast phased work place. too much work to handle for the salary, they thing employs are with the magic wand, and what every they ask we can give it to them in split second.

Too much politics to survice.
Great people and great systems
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2017
I enjoyed going to work each day. Always something going on that needed good people to dig in and get things done. I would recommend this company any day.
Very good working atmosphere. Management is good and co-operative.
Record Centre Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 January 2017
Love working in this company. Good atmosphere and strict with the working policies, like punctuality, breaks etc. Management is very good and cooperative. Work culture is very good and good chances to grow in this company. Get Overtime too. I like the morning stretches. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friend working with me.
Good contract job
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Islington and rexdale blvd16 December 2016
I worked there through an agency contract to help with a temporary assignment. I helped sort through the contents for correct shipping. Everyone there was from an agency and its a testament to the manager that he kept staff who were friendly and productive, to the point where everyone got along and we got the job done ahead of schedule. The atmosphere was relaxed and while the work itself was pretty dull, we all found ways to enjoy it.
The biggest downside was that there seemed to be a lot of discord and miscommunication between upper management and the warehouse management which made communication to the agencies terrible, though some of that may have been related to a shift in management that was underway.
That said, I enjoyed it and I'd take another contract from them if it were to come up.
Pros
Relaxed atmoshpere
Cons
Upper management is disorganized
excellent work culture
Data Entry Clerk/ Imaging Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON14 October 2016
It is a very welcoming and cheerful group of employees and managers. I learned a lot. Some bookkeeping, internal audit. Bank reconciliation.
Pros
Pressure less work
Cons
little lack of leadership
friendly and team player
record specialist (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC28 September 2016
prepared and issued documents such as bills, invoices, inventory reports and account statements. processed incoming and outgoing mail manually and electronically
productve and fun work place.
Record center specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2016
I learn there how a good information management system, how to be meticulous in a workplace.The most important is ,co-workers are a team. Good pay with a good plan benefits.
Fun Workplace
DMS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON10 August 2016
Management is good
Co workers are good.
Learned about different nature of workers
Enjoyed the most
Learned about machines
Learned how to be a team leader
How to handle different people
Pros
learn
Cons
too much work load
low pay long hours no support
Exploration Supervisor (Former Employee) –  cagary24 July 2016
they always wanted you to put in extra hours at work from monday to sunday then they gave nothing in return..very low wages for very physically demanding work
A great place to work with great staff
Data Entry (6 Month Contract) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 July 2016
I really enjoyed my time there.
I highly recommend applying if they have any opportunities available
the staff was really friendly and the work was steady.
it was a great Monday to Friday job
The only reason I left was because after 10 solid months of employment, I realized that office work was not for me
Pros
Steady work to a certain extent
Cons
Layoffs may be imminent if there isn't enough work available
Good place to work had ups and downs
Delivery Driver CSR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 June 2016
Again enjoyed the driving and customer interaction and getting to know the GTA and the freedom of being on the road. Watching the company grow and gaining valuable experience.
Pros
Driving and being on the road
Cons
Traffic
Great place
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2016
Good team place to work for enjoyed my team and the job, Would love to have another oppournity like that agin,teamwork was great
monotonous
Commis de Bureau (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC16 May 2016
the working environment was excellent.The head office would do their best for us to be comfortable so as to productive.
The only negative thing one could say is that the work lack variety, so one would get bored easily.
Good company to work for
Special Projects Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON1 May 2016
Over all i'm happy with my work and company but i think it's time to change my line to explore new challenge and also meet new people and places.
good place but does ofre alot of chalenge
record centre specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 April 2016
go help out with early Moring pull's then go to box put way all day.
how to inbound box's and file's.
good management team.
are hard work works but no really challenge for any one
having to pull in aisle where the lighting is bad its hard on the eye even with a flash light.
working with good people and having fun
Pros
free coffee, bbq's when we pull off a big order
Cons
bad lighting making hrad to pull the right material

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Iron Mountain. Our community is ready to answer.