Iron Mountain Employee Reviews

productve and fun work place.
Record center specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2016
I learn there how a good information management system, how to be meticulous in a workplace.The most important is ,co-workers are a team. Good pay with a good plan benefits.
Culture Change
Records Centre Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC29 November 2015
Iron Mountain culture has changed in the past 4 years. It is focused mostly on targets and profits. This culture change has seen a decline in employee and management engagement as everything is aimed at reducing cost and finding larger margins of profit. Local leaders are focused on profits rather than the people that work for them.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Long Hours and can never fully get away from work
Fun Workplace
DMS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON10 August 2016
Management is good
Co workers are good.
Learned about different nature of workers
Enjoyed the most
Learned about machines
Learned how to be a team leader
How to handle different people
Pros
learn
Cons
too much work load
good place but does ofre alot of chalenge
record centre specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 April 2016
go help out with early Moring pull's then go to box put way all day.
how to inbound box's and file's.
good management team.
are hard work works but no really challenge for any one
having to pull in aisle where the lighting is bad its hard on the eye even with a flash light.
working with good people and having fun
Pros
free coffee, bbq's when we pull off a big order
Cons
bad lighting making hrad to pull the right material
Uncertain Future At This Company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 October 2015
Iron Mountain was not a horrible place to work at culture wise, but as an employee you are just a number. Every year there is a wave of layoffs due to budgetary cuts in North America. It doesn't matter whether you have a track record of excellence, whether you are a critical member of the team, or even if many things wouldn't be possible without your expertise. A huge part of the problem is that leadership at higher levels make very costly decisions/mistakes without studying their possible impact in different markets. Who pays for those mistakes? The folks on the front lines. The problems are unfortunately systematic, I would not trust my future to Iron Mountain.
Cons
Layoffs (without warning), Mismanagement
A great place to work with great staff
Data Entry (6 Month Contract) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 July 2016
I really enjoyed my time there.
I highly recommend applying if they have any opportunities available
the staff was really friendly and the work was steady.
it was a great Monday to Friday job
The only reason I left was because after 10 solid months of employment, I realized that office work was not for me
Pros
Steady work to a certain extent
Cons
Layoffs may be imminent if there isn't enough work available
excellent work culture
Data Entry Clerk/ Imaging Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON14 October 2016
It is a very welcoming and cheerful group of employees and managers. I learned a lot. Some bookkeeping, internal audit. Bank reconciliation.
Pros
Pressure less work
Cons
little lack of leadership
low pay long hours no support
Exploration Supervisor (Former Employee) –  cagary24 July 2016
they always wanted you to put in extra hours at work from monday to sunday then they gave nothing in return..very low wages for very physically demanding work
Very unorganized management, does not pay well
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton4 September 2014
I worked for iron mountain for almost 3 months. Management gave me more work and responsibility than anyone else with my same position which I am fine with...if the pay increases with responsibility. It didn't. Management acted like I was lucky to have this responsibility and didn't see any reason why I would require a raise. This job looked like it was going to be perfect for what I was looking for. Whatever you do, do not work for iron mountain. They are a careless, extremely unorganized company that don't treat you with respect. My manager actually hung up on me when I notified him that we were low on a certain supply. If you are unlucky enough to get injured like my co-worker, you expected to work anyway and deal with it. Again, don't do it. They have very high turnover for a reason.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Don't treat you with respect, low pay, very disorganized
monotonous
Commis de Bureau (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC16 May 2016
the working environment was excellent.The head office would do their best for us to be comfortable so as to productive.
The only negative thing one could say is that the work lack variety, so one would get bored easily.
Courier/Driver, Laborer, Scanner (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 February 2016
Great place to work Staff was great Management were friendly and knowledgeable. I worked as a Courier/Driver, Laborer, Scanner for this company
Good company to work for
Special Projects Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON1 May 2016
Over all i'm happy with my work and company but i think it's time to change my line to explore new challenge and also meet new people and places.
Nice staff, repetive work, free coffee
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC16 August 2012
As a note, as I was a part-time worker, the star ratings of this particular company would probably be completely different coming from a full-time employee as they probably have more benefits, pay, etc.
A typical day at work would consist of coming in, and typing up orders all day. We would be timed on our typing speed everyday. We had to maintain a certain quota. It wasn't mandatory but more implied. Speed was essential.
In the beginning, I wasn't too happy with the job. It was nothing like I had imagined. I found it very boring and repetitive. I learned how to control my anxiety and come up with ways to start enjoying the job. My French also strengthened.
Management was excellent. Very friendly and understanding.
My co-workers were fine as well.
The hardest part of my job was in the beginning of my job, when I had to accept that the task will be the same all day long.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the people. They were really friendly.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
monotonous
Hard working people that are fun to be around!
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON28 August 2015
At Iron Mountain everyone works together to achieve a high level of quality and service. There are strict rules to abide by and a level of security to maintain always. The work can be tedious and exhausting.

The management is good and always seeks feedback from employees for better production and improvement is working conditions.

I learned a lot about data entry and other clerical and administrative duties such as handling boxes and files of confidential documents.

The co-workers there are all genuinely nice and very helpful.
Great Company ! An amazing team of managers and staff members
Billing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 January 2016
A typical day was full of opportunity - no day was the same. There was always something new to learn or some new challenge to overcome. Working with such a great team people may everyday fun and inspiring.
Easy going, fun place to work
Records Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC19 January 2016
A regular day would consist of getting a daily project order from you manager, locating and obtaining info and retrieving data corresponding to your project, making photo copies and putting all info obtained back in its original location
Hard working, bonus paid, good communications
Records Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 December 2012
I learned much about document management and file retrieval. I learned mostly how to work independantly and set an example to my fellow co-workers.
We handled material that was confidential and we had set timelines to manage. We had to scan in and out of work on time and count all of our work activities. I was very accountable and responsible for my work and time.
I liked working as a team and accomplishing work goals. We had a good positive manager who made work fun and encouraged us within her capacity as a manager.
Pros
bonuses, work independently and as a team, learn different aspects of the business.
Cons
worked the night shift when i wanted the day shift.
fun place to work
Record Centre Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 December 2015
easy and good paying work co workers is like family we work together as one and fix every problem as a team. the hardest part of the job is carrying lots of boxes and putting them back to shelves but everything is good after that.
busy,continual changes
csr (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB14 January 2016
typical day: answer incoming calls,use email,problem solve, transfer irate customers, review policy/procedures. Interact with co-workers.
Enjoyed meeting customer needs
One of the worst companies, I've worked for
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 August 2014
Had to work extra hours on a consistant basis. Tied to my cell phone 24 hours a day. Manager was VERY unapproachable, very distant.

Good pay, but no work/life balance
Pros
pay - benefits
Cons
LONG HOURS