Iron Mountain

Iron Mountain Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fast enviroment and lots to do, as well as great hard working people
Record Center Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton AlbertaNovember 12, 2014
Pros: end of quarter bonuses / free lunches
Cons: lots of temporary workers, lack of space, over packed boxes
-inbound up to 1500 packs of paper( loans, mortgages ect.)
-label and organize these bundles into sections of the warehouse that they will be getting put away.
-Fine sort the bundles into more detailed piles for easy put away. It could be back logged days that i would be sorting.
- If put on the task of doing "file put away" i would scan one paper at a time from a sorted bundle to the correct unit and shelf and proceed to find the file the bundle of paper belongs to and put it in. I would continue to repeat theses steps till the alotted time for the task was up.
Minimal communication due to consantration.
Our department was also responsible for checking rush orders or half day orders which requires checking the system every 10- 15 minutes. It was also our responsibility to go pull the order which could be files or boxes.
I also put away and pulled boxes from assigned locations which weighed up to 50lbs.
I learned how to use the specialized computer program to the fullest of my abilities, as well as hand scanners and label printing machines.
I was very close with a few of my older co workers who were very supportive with my wanting to learn and grow within the company.
I loved the job mostly for the independant working but as well how close of a team we were and always excelled as a team.
The hardest part of this job was having to put 50lbs + boxes away in very high parts of the warehouses.
Nice staff, repetive work, free coffee
Data Entry (Former Employee), Laval, QCAugust 16, 2012
Pros: free coffee
Cons: monotonous
As a note, as I was a part-time worker, the star ratings of this particular company would probably be completely different coming from a full-time employee as they probably have more benefits, pay, etc.
A typical day at work would consist of coming in, and typing up orders all day. We would be timed on our typing speed everyday. We had to maintain a certain quota. It wasn't mandatory but more implied. Speed was essential.
In the beginning, I wasn't too happy with the job. It was nothing like I had imagined. I found it very boring and repetitive. I learned how to control my anxiety and come up with ways to start enjoying the job. My French also strengthened.
Management was excellent. Very friendly and understanding.
My co-workers were fine as well.
The hardest part of my job was in the beginning of my job, when I had to accept that the task will be the same all day long.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the people. They were really friendly.
Very unorganized management, does not pay well
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), EdmontonSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: don't treat you with respect, low pay, very disorganized
I worked for iron mountain for almost 3 months. Management gave me more work and responsibility than anyone else with my same position which I am fine with...if the pay increases with responsibility. It didn't. Management acted like I was lucky to have this responsibility and didn't see any reason why I would require a raise. This job looked like it was going to be perfect for what I was looking for. Whatever you do, do not work for iron mountain. They are a careless, extremely unorganized company that don't treat you with respect. My manager actually hung up on me when I notified him that we were low on a certain supply. If you are unlucky enough to get injured like my co-worker, you expected to work anyway and deal with it. Again, don't do it. They have very high turnover for a reason.
Uncertain Future At This Company
Driver (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 20, 2015
Cons: Layoffs (without warning), Mismanagement
Iron Mountain was not a horrible place to work at culture wise, but as an employee you are just a number. Every year there is a wave of layoffs due to budgetary cuts in North America. It doesn't matter whether you have a track record of excellence, whether you are a critical member of the team, or even if many things wouldn't be possible without your expertise. A huge part of the problem is that leadership at higher levels make very costly decisions/mistakes without studying their possible impact in different markets. Who pays for those mistakes? The folks on the front lines. The problems are unfortunately systematic, I would not trust my future to Iron Mountain.
Hard working, bonus paid, good communications
Records Center Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 11, 2012
Pros: bonuses, work independently and as a team, learn different aspects of the business.
Cons: worked the night shift when i wanted the day shift.
I learned much about document management and file retrieval. I learned mostly how to work independantly and set an example to my fellow co-workers.
We handled material that was confidential and we had set timelines to manage. We had to scan in and out of work on time and count all of our work activities. I was very accountable and responsible for my work and time.
I liked working as a team and accomplishing work goals. We had a good positive manager who made work fun and encouraged us within her capacity as a manager.
Can't make up there minds
csr (Former Employee), saint john nbJune 29, 2012
I was there 7 years and the last 2 were not great. The company overall lost focus for the customer and decided that it was all about the #'s and if you did not meet the #'s you were hounded and harassed. Then the company changed there minds and tried to refocus on the customer instead of the #'s but this changed from week to week. The moral was very low and when you tried to talk about it with a supervisior you were told things like you are costing the company 10's of thousands of dollars or that you were attracting negative customers through the phone lines and could never get a straight answer from anyone. I am no longer with this company and i would not recommend working for this company.
modern day slavery
record center specialist (Former Employee), torontoMarch 29, 2015
Pros: free coffee and tea.
Cons: eventually will die soon if will hang on this job.
If you have respect for your health dont work in this company. As advertised required heavy lifting up to 70 lbs. Did not emphasize that one person should build at least 14 skids with 48 boxes in every skid. Plus very dusty boxes most are decade or more old. Dust and molds are other factors encountered daily. Every week at least one employee get sick. Very prone to hurt self and pay is not worthy.

P.s. Boxes as heavy as 70 lbs. Are located in 3rd or 4th shelves and need to bring it down daily. Use your imagination how hard it is.
Hard working people that are fun to be around!
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONAugust 28, 2015
At Iron Mountain everyone works together to achieve a high level of quality and service. There are strict rules to abide by and a level of security to maintain always. The work can be tedious and exhausting.

The management is good and always seeks feedback from employees for better production and improvement is working conditions.

I learned a lot about data entry and other clerical and administrative duties such as handling boxes and files of confidential documents.

The co-workers there are all genuinely nice and very helpful.
Productive and a very fun and upbeat place to work.
Customer Response Agent (Former Employee), Saint John, NBOctober 2, 2013
Pros: days shifts/no weekends
Cons: sometimes it was hard to schedule a day off in advance for a doctors appt.
Very professional,enjoyed working with my co-workers.Sometimes the hardest part of the job is to multitask. Sometimes you would have to take inboud calls and enter faxes in the computer for the fax team. At times they would be over loaded with faxes. And we as a company where one large team and would help out that department for faxes that were requested had a cut off time that they needed to be entered in by.
Productive workplace and humble environment
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Bonuses for productivity
Cons: Pay rate was not fair for a position dealing with highly sensitive and confidential documents
I was sad to leave, as I really enjoyed my time with Iron Mountain, but I understand the company had to make some changes going through a large restructuring which impacted my position and department.
My co-workers/colleagues and Manager were such an amazing team to work with!
Fast pased and friendly enviroment.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Saint John, NBSeptember 6, 2014
You would never know what country you would receive a call from. It was very interesting to speak with people from around the globe.

It was a rewarding feeling when someone would call in with an issue and I had the knowledge and capabilities to resolve the issue. This would leave the customer with a positive experience with the company.
Cafetria Staff
Team Lead (Former Employee), Saint John, NBSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: split shifts.
A typical day working in the KVHS Cafeteria was meal preparations. I learned how to make a lot of lunches and meals for a lot of High school personal. My co-worker would say I am reliable, dependable, hard-working person. I enjoyed working with all of the different people from students at the school to the teachers and staff of the school.
very good workplace to work for
Records Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 14, 2014
Very productive everyday and accomplish a lot through the day with the support of my clients and co-workers.
Working on projects is quite a difficult task because I have to set up meetings with clients to discuss important items of the project.
My clients are very good so I enjoy working with them
excellent environment
Customer Care Associate for Records Management (Former Employee), saint johnFebruary 15, 2013
Best call center environment, management friendly and helpful, can be a bit stress full dealing with high pressure clients. Over all the clients are professionals and the job is easy a bit boring and repetitive but for call center it will be the best you've ever worked in.
Fast Paced Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Saint John, NBSeptember 17, 2014
Troubleshoots and resolves customer impacting issues.

Utilizes various systems and tools to initiate to assist and service customers.

Answers customer/client requests or inquiries concerning services and products and reports problem areas.
Easy going, fun place to work
Records Center Specialist (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCJanuary 19, 2016
A regular day would consist of getting a daily project order from you manager, locating and obtaining info and retrieving data corresponding to your project, making photo copies and putting all info obtained back in its original location
fun place to work
Record Centre Specialist (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 26, 2015
easy and good paying work co workers is like family we work together as one and fix every problem as a team. the hardest part of the job is carrying lots of boxes and putting them back to shelves but everything is good after that.
One of the worst companies, I've worked for
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 19, 2014
Pros: pay - benefits
Cons: long hours
Had to work extra hours on a consistant basis. Tied to my cell phone 24 hours a day. Manager was VERY unapproachable, very distant.

Good pay, but no work/life balance
Excellent learning experience
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), St. John's, NLSeptember 7, 2012
Pros: paid birthday off
Cons: no job security
Iron Mountain was a good place to work and I learned a lot of new things while I was employed there. I was working on my own mostly and enjoyed it thoroughly.
LOW PAY , WORK ENVIRONMENT IS GOOD
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONAugust 10, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: really tired after work
learned data entry , teamwork, communication better with manger and upper management level

co-workers are nice
hardest part is easy to feel tire
Links