Iron Mountain

Iron Mountain Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun supportive co workers as well as insentives
record center specialist (Former Employee), edmonton, albertaJuly 3, 2015
Fun people to work with. Always a fast paced environment and never bored or running out of work. Lots of training support as well as team support.
Temp Position
data entry (Former Employee), Edmonton ABApril 5, 2015
Pros: close to bus route, weekends off
Cons: hard on the body
Staff helpful, management was a learning experience to prep me for my next posting. lots of heavy lifting, it was hard on the body but good for the mind.
modern day slavery
record center specialist (Former Employee), torontoMarch 29, 2015
Pros: free coffee and tea.
Cons: eventually will die soon if will hang on this job.
If you have respect for your health dont work in this company. As advertised required heavy lifting up to 70 lbs. Did not emphasize that one person should build at least 14 skids with 48 boxes in every skid. Plus very dusty boxes most are decade or more old. Dust and molds are other factors encountered daily. Every week at least one employee get sick. Very prone to hurt self and pay is not worthy.

P.s. Boxes as heavy as 70 lbs. Are located in 3rd or 4th shelves and need to bring it down daily. Use your imagination how hard it is.
fast enviroment and lots to do, as well as great hard working people
Record Center Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton AlbertaNovember 12, 2014
Pros: end of quarter bonuses / free lunches
Cons: lots of temporary workers, lack of space, over packed boxes
-inbound up to 1500 packs of paper( loans, mortgages ect.)
-label and organize these bundles into sections of the warehouse that they will be getting put away.
-Fine sort the bundles into more detailed piles for easy put away. It could be back logged days that i would be sorting.
- If put on the task of doing "file put away" i would scan one paper at a time from a sorted bundle to the correct unit and shelf and proceed to find the file the bundle of paper belongs to and put it in. I would continue to repeat theses steps till the alotted time for the task was up.
Minimal communication due to consantration.
Our department was also responsible for checking rush orders or half day orders which requires checking the system every 10- 15 minutes. It was also our responsibility to go pull the order which could be files or boxes.
I also put away and pulled boxes from assigned locations which weighed up to 50lbs.
I learned how to use the specialized computer program to the fullest of my abilities, as well as hand scanners and label printing machines.
I was very close with a few of my older co workers who were very supportive with my wanting to learn and grow within the company.
I loved the job mostly for the independant working but as well how close of a team we were and always excelled as a team.
The hardest part of this job was having to put 50lbs + boxes away in very high parts of the warehouses.
very good workplace to work for
Records Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 14, 2014
Very productive everyday and accomplish a lot through the day with the support of my clients and co-workers.
Working on projects is quite a difficult task because I have to set up meetings with clients to discuss important items of the project.
My clients are very good so I enjoy working with them
Cafetria Staff
Team Lead (Former Employee), Saint John, NBSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: split shifts.
A typical day working in the KVHS Cafeteria was meal preparations. I learned how to make a lot of lunches and meals for a lot of High school personal. My co-worker would say I am reliable, dependable, hard-working person. I enjoyed working with all of the different people from students at the school to the teachers and staff of the school.
Fast Paced Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Saint John, NBSeptember 17, 2014
Troubleshoots and resolves customer impacting issues.

Utilizes various systems and tools to initiate to assist and service customers.

Answers customer/client requests or inquiries concerning services and products and reports problem areas.
Fast pased and friendly enviroment.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Saint John, NBSeptember 6, 2014
You would never know what country you would receive a call from. It was very interesting to speak with people from around the globe.

It was a rewarding feeling when someone would call in with an issue and I had the knowledge and capabilities to resolve the issue. This would leave the customer with a positive experience with the company.
Very unorganized management, does not pay well
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), EdmontonSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: don't treat you with respect, low pay, very disorganized
I worked for iron mountain for almost 3 months. Management gave me more work and responsibility than anyone else with my same position which I am fine with...if the pay increases with responsibility. It didn't. Management acted like I was lucky to have this responsibility and didn't see any reason why I would require a raise. This job looked like it was going to be perfect for what I was looking for. Whatever you do, do not work for iron mountain. They are a careless, extremely unorganized company that don't treat you with respect. My manager actually hung up on me when I notified him that we were low on a certain supply. If you are unlucky enough to get injured like my co-worker, you expected to work anyway and deal with it. Again, don't do it. They have very high turnover for a reason.
One of the worst companies, I've worked for
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 19, 2014
Pros: pay - benefits
Cons: long hours
Had to work extra hours on a consistant basis. Tied to my cell phone 24 hours a day. Manager was VERY unapproachable, very distant.

Good pay, but no work/life balance
My co-workers
Customer Service Associate/Data Entry (Former Employee), Saint JohnJuly 23, 2014
I really enjoyed working with the people at innovatia. We were a small group that helped each other if we had any issues that we needed help with.
awesome
record center specialist (Former Employee), Concord, ONApril 26, 2014
this place is just so fun...people are amazing and the work environment is brilliant
Productive and a very fun and upbeat place to work.
Customer Response Agent (Former Employee), Saint John, NBOctober 2, 2013
Pros: days shifts/no weekends
Cons: sometimes it was hard to schedule a day off in advance for a doctors appt.
Very professional,enjoyed working with my co-workers.Sometimes the hardest part of the job is to multitask. Sometimes you would have to take inboud calls and enter faxes in the computer for the fax team. At times they would be over loaded with faxes. And we as a company where one large team and would help out that department for faxes that were requested had a cut off time that they needed to be entered in by.
- Productive and good balanced place to work.
RECORDS CENTRE SPECIALIST. (Current Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 23, 2013
Pros: - free coffee and tea.
- Got lots of canadian work experiences and methods to get lucrative results in a fast paced environment.
good experience
Imaging specialist (Former Employee), Concord, ONJuly 18, 2013
Pros: learned something from others
Cons: early work
it was full time job 40h/day

really happy to work there because co-workers are nice, the job is high-paced.
excellent environment
Customer Care Associate for Records Management (Former Employee), saint johnFebruary 15, 2013
Best call center environment, management friendly and helpful, can be a bit stress full dealing with high pressure clients. Over all the clients are professionals and the job is easy a bit boring and repetitive but for call center it will be the best you've ever worked in.
Hard working, bonus paid, good communications
Records Center Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 11, 2012
Pros: bonuses, work independently and as a team, learn different aspects of the business.
Cons: worked the night shift when i wanted the day shift.
I learned much about document management and file retrieval. I learned mostly how to work independantly and set an example to my fellow co-workers.
We handled material that was confidential and we had set timelines to manage. We had to scan in and out of work on time and count all of our work activities. I was very accountable and responsible for my work and time.
I liked working as a team and accomplishing work goals. We had a good positive manager who made work fun and encouraged us within her capacity as a manager.
Productive and fun work environment
Data Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 30, 2012
Iron mountain was a great place to work. The staff emphasized team work and company policies reflected these attitudes.
Busy
Order Picker (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 25, 2012
working in ironmountain was good experience.co-workers and management was very helpful...
Excellent learning experience
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), St. John's, NLSeptember 7, 2012
Pros: paid birthday off
Cons: no job security
Iron Mountain was a good place to work and I learned a lot of new things while I was employed there. I was working on my own mostly and enjoyed it thoroughly.

About Iron Mountain

You think you have a mountain of paperwork to deal with? Iron Mountain is one of the world's largest records storage and information – Read more

Iron Mountain Photos