Iron Mountain Employee Reviews

Great people and great systems
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2017
I enjoyed going to work each day. Always something going on that needed good people to dig in and get things done. I would recommend this company any day.
Very good working atmosphere. Management is good and co-operative.
Record Centre Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 January 2017
Love working in this company. Good atmosphere and strict with the working policies, like punctuality, breaks etc. Management is very good and cooperative. Work culture is very good and good chances to grow in this company. Get Overtime too. I like the morning stretches. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friend working with me.
Good contract job
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Islington and rexdale blvd16 December 2016
I worked there through an agency contract to help with a temporary assignment. I helped sort through the contents for correct shipping. Everyone there was from an agency and its a testament to the manager that he kept staff who were friendly and productive, to the point where everyone got along and we got the job done ahead of schedule. The atmosphere was relaxed and while the work itself was pretty dull, we all found ways to enjoy it.
The biggest downside was that there seemed to be a lot of discord and miscommunication between upper management and the warehouse management which made communication to the agencies terrible, though some of that may have been related to a shift in management that was underway.
That said, I enjoyed it and I'd take another contract from them if it were to come up.
Pros
Relaxed atmoshpere
Cons
Upper management is disorganized
excellent work culture
Data Entry Clerk/ Imaging Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON14 October 2016
It is a very welcoming and cheerful group of employees and managers. I learned a lot. Some bookkeeping, internal audit. Bank reconciliation.
Pros
Pressure less work
Cons
little lack of leadership
productve and fun work place.
Record center specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2016
I learn there how a good information management system, how to be meticulous in a workplace.The most important is ,co-workers are a team. Good pay with a good plan benefits.
Fun Workplace
DMS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON10 August 2016
Management is good
Co workers are good.
Learned about different nature of workers
Enjoyed the most
Learned about machines
Learned how to be a team leader
How to handle different people
Pros
learn
Cons
too much work load
low pay long hours no support
Exploration Supervisor (Former Employee) –  cagary24 July 2016
they always wanted you to put in extra hours at work from monday to sunday then they gave nothing in return..very low wages for very physically demanding work
A great place to work with great staff
Data Entry (6 Month Contract) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 July 2016
I really enjoyed my time there.
I highly recommend applying if they have any opportunities available
the staff was really friendly and the work was steady.
it was a great Monday to Friday job
The only reason I left was because after 10 solid months of employment, I realized that office work was not for me
Pros
Steady work to a certain extent
Cons
Layoffs may be imminent if there isn't enough work available
monotonous
Commis de Bureau (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC16 May 2016
the working environment was excellent.The head office would do their best for us to be comfortable so as to productive.
The only negative thing one could say is that the work lack variety, so one would get bored easily.
Good company to work for
Special Projects Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON1 May 2016
Over all i'm happy with my work and company but i think it's time to change my line to explore new challenge and also meet new people and places.
good place but does ofre alot of chalenge
record centre specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 April 2016
go help out with early Moring pull's then go to box put way all day.
how to inbound box's and file's.
good management team.
are hard work works but no really challenge for any one
having to pull in aisle where the lighting is bad its hard on the eye even with a flash light.
working with good people and having fun
Pros
free coffee, bbq's when we pull off a big order
Cons
bad lighting making hrad to pull the right material
Courier/Driver, Laborer, Scanner (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 February 2016
Great place to work Staff was great Management were friendly and knowledgeable. I worked as a Courier/Driver, Laborer, Scanner for this company
Great Company ! An amazing team of managers and staff members
Billing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 January 2016
A typical day was full of opportunity - no day was the same. There was always something new to learn or some new challenge to overcome. Working with such a great team people may everyday fun and inspiring.
Easy going, fun place to work
Records Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC19 January 2016
A regular day would consist of getting a daily project order from you manager, locating and obtaining info and retrieving data corresponding to your project, making photo copies and putting all info obtained back in its original location
busy,continual changes
csr (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB14 January 2016
typical day: answer incoming calls,use email,problem solve, transfer irate customers, review policy/procedures. Interact with co-workers.
Enjoyed meeting customer needs
fun place to work
Record Centre Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 December 2015
easy and good paying work co workers is like family we work together as one and fix every problem as a team. the hardest part of the job is carrying lots of boxes and putting them back to shelves but everything is good after that.
Culture Change
Records Centre Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC29 November 2015
Iron Mountain culture has changed in the past 4 years. It is focused mostly on targets and profits. This culture change has seen a decline in employee and management engagement as everything is aimed at reducing cost and finding larger margins of profit. Local leaders are focused on profits rather than the people that work for them.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Long Hours and can never fully get away from work
Uncertain Future At This Company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 October 2015
Iron Mountain was not a horrible place to work at culture wise, but as an employee you are just a number. Every year there is a wave of layoffs due to budgetary cuts in North America. It doesn't matter whether you have a track record of excellence, whether you are a critical member of the team, or even if many things wouldn't be possible without your expertise. A huge part of the problem is that leadership at higher levels make very costly decisions/mistakes without studying their possible impact in different markets. Who pays for those mistakes? The folks on the front lines. The problems are unfortunately systematic, I would not trust my future to Iron Mountain.
Cons
Layoffs (without warning), Mismanagement
n/a
Operations Manager Secure Shred (Former Employee) –  Toronto16 October 2015
Good opportunity to advance, learned a lot.

Managed largest on-site shred department in North America.
Initiative Championing: Initiated joint ventures with external companies that helped to build strategic alliances.
Interesting Job
Data Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 October 2015
I was in a contract position with this company. They were nice to work for--a very relaxed environment. Job was repetitive but coworkers are wonderful.

76%