Iron Mountain Employee Reviews in Canada

A great place to work with great staff
Data Entry (6 Month Contract) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 3, 2016
I really enjoyed my time there.
I highly recommend applying if they have any opportunities available
the staff was really friendly and the work was steady.
it was a great Monday to Friday job
The only reason I left was because after 10 solid months of employment, I realized that office work was not for me
Pros
Steady work to a certain extent
Cons
Layoffs may be imminent if there isn't enough work available
good place but does ofre alot of chalenge
record centre specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 29, 2016
go help out with early Moring pull's then go to box put way all day.
how to inbound box's and file's.
good management team.
are hard work works but no really challenge for any one
having to pull in aisle where the lighting is bad its hard on the eye even with a flash light.
working with good people and having fun
Pros
free coffee, bbq's when we pull off a big order
Cons
bad lighting making hrad to pull the right material
monotonous
Commis de Bureau (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QCMay 16, 2016
the working environment was excellent.The head office would do their best for us to be comfortable so as to productive.
The only negative thing one could say is that the work lack variety, so one would get bored easily.
low pay long hours no support
Exploration Supervisor (Former Employee) –  cagaryJuly 24, 2016
they always wanted you to put in extra hours at work from monday to sunday then they gave nothing in return..very low wages for very physically demanding work
Culture Change
Records Centre Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCNovember 29, 2015
Iron Mountain culture has changed in the past 4 years. It is focused mostly on targets and profits. This culture change has seen a decline in employee and management engagement as everything is aimed at reducing cost and finding larger margins of profit. Local leaders are focused on profits rather than the people that work for them.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Long Hours and can never fully get away from work
Great Company ! An amazing team of managers and staff members
Billing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 31, 2016
A typical day was full of opportunity - no day was the same. There was always something new to learn or some new challenge to overcome. Working with such a great team people may everyday fun and inspiring.
Easy going, fun place to work
Records Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCJanuary 19, 2016
A regular day would consist of getting a daily project order from you manager, locating and obtaining info and retrieving data corresponding to your project, making photo copies and putting all info obtained back in its original location
Good company to work for
Special Projects Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Concord, ONMay 1, 2016
Over all i'm happy with my work and company but i think it's time to change my line to explore new challenge and also meet new people and places.
Uncertain Future At This Company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 20, 2015
Iron Mountain was not a horrible place to work at culture wise, but as an employee you are just a number. Every year there is a wave of layoffs due to budgetary cuts in North America. It doesn't matter whether you have a track record of excellence, whether you are a critical member of the team, or even if many things wouldn't be possible without your expertise. A huge part of the problem is that leadership at higher levels make very costly decisions/mistakes without studying their possible impact in different markets. Who pays for those mistakes? The folks on the front lines. The problems are unfortunately systematic, I would not trust my future to Iron Mountain.
Cons
Layoffs (without warning), Mismanagement
fun place to work
Record Centre Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 26, 2015
easy and good paying work co workers is like family we work together as one and fix every problem as a team. the hardest part of the job is carrying lots of boxes and putting them back to shelves but everything is good after that.
Courier/Driver, Laborer, Scanner (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 8, 2016
Great place to work Staff was great Management were friendly and knowledgeable. I worked as a Courier/Driver, Laborer, Scanner for this company
busy,continual changes
csr (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBJanuary 14, 2016
typical day: answer incoming calls,use email,problem solve, transfer irate customers, review policy/procedures. Interact with co-workers.
Enjoyed meeting customer needs
Hard working people that are fun to be around!
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONAugust 28, 2015
At Iron Mountain everyone works together to achieve a high level of quality and service. There are strict rules to abide by and a level of security to maintain always. The work can be tedious and exhausting.

The management is good and always seeks feedback from employees for better production and improvement is working conditions.

I learned a lot about data entry and other clerical and administrative duties such as handling boxes and files of confidential documents.

The co-workers there are all genuinely nice and very helpful.
Productive workplace and humble environment
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 5, 2015
I was sad to leave, as I really enjoyed my time with Iron Mountain, but I understand the company had to make some changes going through a large restructuring which impacted my position and department.
My co-workers/colleagues and Manager were such an amazing team to work with!
Pros
Bonuses for productivity
Cons
Pay rate was not fair for a position dealing with highly sensitive and confidential documents
n/a
Operations Manager Secure Shred (Former Employee) –  TorontoOctober 16, 2015
Good opportunity to advance, learned a lot.

Managed largest on-site shred department in North America.
Initiative Championing: Initiated joint ventures with external companies that helped to build strategic alliances.
Interesting Job
Data Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONOctober 5, 2015
I was in a contract position with this company. They were nice to work for--a very relaxed environment. Job was repetitive but coworkers are wonderful.
LOW PAY , WORK ENVIRONMENT IS GOOD
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONAugust 10, 2015
learned data entry , teamwork, communication better with manger and upper management level

co-workers are nice
hardest part is easy to feel tire
Pros
close to home
Cons
really tired after work
Productive company good clients
Bilingual Customer Service/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONAugust 24, 2015
Good company to work for.
And love to talk to the Montreal clients.
Help English data entry peoples with translating into french all info
Innovative and open corporate culture.
Director, Continuous Improvement (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, OntarioAugust 10, 2015
A great place to work, lots of opportunities and a real focus on business transformation. A number of established tele-commuting opportunities.
modern day slavery
record center specialist (Former Employee) –  torontoMarch 29, 2015
If you have respect for your health dont work in this company. As advertised required heavy lifting up to 70 lbs. Did not emphasize that one person should build at least 14 skids with 48 boxes in every skid. Plus very dusty boxes most are decade or more old. Dust and molds are other factors encountered daily. Every week at least one employee get sick. Very prone to hurt self and pay is not worthy.

P.s. Boxes as heavy as 70 lbs. Are located in 3rd or 4th shelves and need to bring it down daily. Use your imagination how hard it is.
Pros
free coffee and tea.
Cons
eventually will die soon if will hang on this job.