Iron Mountain

Iron Mountain Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Courier/Driver, Laborer, Scanner (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 8, 2016
Great place to work Staff was great Management were friendly and knowledgeable. I worked as a Courier/Driver, Laborer, Scanner for this company
Easy going, fun place to work
Records Center Specialist (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCJanuary 19, 2016
A regular day would consist of getting a daily project order from you manager, locating and obtaining info and retrieving data corresponding to your project, making photo copies and putting all info obtained back in its original location
busy,continual changes
csr (Former Employee), Saint John, NBJanuary 14, 2016
typical day: answer incoming calls,use email,problem solve, transfer irate customers, review policy/procedures. Interact with co-workers.
Enjoyed meeting customer needs
fun place to work
Record Centre Specialist (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 26, 2015
easy and good paying work co workers is like family we work together as one and fix every problem as a team. the hardest part of the job is carrying lots of boxes and putting them back to shelves but everything is good after that.
Uncertain Future At This Company
Driver (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 20, 2015
Cons: Layoffs (without warning), Mismanagement
Iron Mountain was not a horrible place to work at culture wise, but as an employee you are just a number. Every year there is a wave of layoffs due to budgetary cuts in North America. It doesn't matter whether you have a track record of excellence, whether you are a critical member of the team, or even if many things wouldn't be possible without your expertise. A huge part of the problem is that leadership at higher levels make very costly decisions/mistakes without studying their possible impact in different markets. Who pays for those mistakes? The folks on the front lines. The problems are unfortunately systematic, I would not trust my future to Iron Mountain.
Interesting Job
Data Clerk (Former Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 5, 2015
I was in a contract position with this company. They were nice to work for--a very relaxed environment. Job was repetitive but coworkers are wonderful.
Hard working people that are fun to be around!
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONAugust 28, 2015
At Iron Mountain everyone works together to achieve a high level of quality and service. There are strict rules to abide by and a level of security to maintain always. The work can be tedious and exhausting.

The management is good and always seeks feedback from employees for better production and improvement is working conditions.

I learned a lot about data entry and other clerical and administrative duties such as handling boxes and files of confidential documents.

The co-workers there are all genuinely nice and very helpful.
LOW PAY , WORK ENVIRONMENT IS GOOD
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONAugust 10, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: really tired after work
learned data entry , teamwork, communication better with manger and upper management level

co-workers are nice
hardest part is easy to feel tire
Productive workplace and humble environment
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Bonuses for productivity
Cons: Pay rate was not fair for a position dealing with highly sensitive and confidential documents
I was sad to leave, as I really enjoyed my time with Iron Mountain, but I understand the company had to make some changes going through a large restructuring which impacted my position and department.
My co-workers/colleagues and Manager were such an amazing team to work with!
fun supportive co workers as well as insentives
record center specialist (Former Employee), edmonton, albertaJuly 3, 2015
Fun people to work with. Always a fast paced environment and never bored or running out of work. Lots of training support as well as team support.
Temp Position
data entry (Former Employee), Edmonton ABApril 5, 2015
Pros: close to bus route, weekends off
Cons: hard on the body
Staff helpful, management was a learning experience to prep me for my next posting. lots of heavy lifting, it was hard on the body but good for the mind.
modern day slavery
record center specialist (Former Employee), torontoMarch 29, 2015
Pros: free coffee and tea.
Cons: eventually will die soon if will hang on this job.
If you have respect for your health dont work in this company. As advertised required heavy lifting up to 70 lbs. Did not emphasize that one person should build at least 14 skids with 48 boxes in every skid. Plus very dusty boxes most are decade or more old. Dust and molds are other factors encountered daily. Every week at least one employee get sick. Very prone to hurt self and pay is not worthy.

P.s. Boxes as heavy as 70 lbs. Are located in 3rd or 4th shelves and need to bring it down daily. Use your imagination how hard it is.
fast enviroment and lots to do, as well as great hard working people
Record Center Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton AlbertaNovember 12, 2014
Pros: end of quarter bonuses / free lunches
Cons: lots of temporary workers, lack of space, over packed boxes
-inbound up to 1500 packs of paper( loans, mortgages ect.)
-label and organize these bundles into sections of the warehouse that they will be getting put away.
-Fine sort the bundles into more detailed piles for easy put away. It could be back logged days that i would be sorting.
- If put on the task of doing "file put away" i would scan one paper at a time from a sorted bundle to the correct unit and shelf and proceed to find the file the bundle of paper belongs to and put it in. I would continue to repeat theses steps till the alotted time for the task was up.
Minimal communication due to consantration.
Our department was also responsible for checking rush orders or half day orders which requires checking the system every 10- 15 minutes. It was also our responsibility to go pull the order which could be files or boxes.
I also put away and pulled boxes from assigned locations which weighed up to 50lbs.
I learned how to use the specialized computer program to the fullest of my abilities, as well as hand scanners and label printing machines.
I was very close with a few of my older co workers who were very supportive with my wanting to learn and grow within the company.
I loved the job mostly for the independant working but as well how close of a team we were and always excelled as a team.
The hardest part of this job was having to put 50lbs + boxes away in very high parts of the warehouses.
very good workplace to work for
Records Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 14, 2014
Very productive everyday and accomplish a lot through the day with the support of my clients and co-workers.
Working on projects is quite a difficult task because I have to set up meetings with clients to discuss important items of the project.
My clients are very good so I enjoy working with them
Cafetria Staff
Team Lead (Former Employee), Saint John, NBSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: split shifts.
A typical day working in the KVHS Cafeteria was meal preparations. I learned how to make a lot of lunches and meals for a lot of High school personal. My co-worker would say I am reliable, dependable, hard-working person. I enjoyed working with all of the different people from students at the school to the teachers and staff of the school.
Fast Paced Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Saint John, NBSeptember 17, 2014
Troubleshoots and resolves customer impacting issues.

Utilizes various systems and tools to initiate to assist and service customers.

Answers customer/client requests or inquiries concerning services and products and reports problem areas.
Fast pased and friendly enviroment.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Saint John, NBSeptember 6, 2014
You would never know what country you would receive a call from. It was very interesting to speak with people from around the globe.

It was a rewarding feeling when someone would call in with an issue and I had the knowledge and capabilities to resolve the issue. This would leave the customer with a positive experience with the company.
Very unorganized management, does not pay well
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), EdmontonSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: don't treat you with respect, low pay, very disorganized
I worked for iron mountain for almost 3 months. Management gave me more work and responsibility than anyone else with my same position which I am fine with...if the pay increases with responsibility. It didn't. Management acted like I was lucky to have this responsibility and didn't see any reason why I would require a raise. This job looked like it was going to be perfect for what I was looking for. Whatever you do, do not work for iron mountain. They are a careless, extremely unorganized company that don't treat you with respect. My manager actually hung up on me when I notified him that we were low on a certain supply. If you are unlucky enough to get injured like my co-worker, you expected to work anyway and deal with it. Again, don't do it. They have very high turnover for a reason.
One of the worst companies, I've worked for
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 19, 2014
Pros: pay - benefits
Cons: long hours
Had to work extra hours on a consistant basis. Tied to my cell phone 24 hours a day. Manager was VERY unapproachable, very distant.

Good pay, but no work/life balance
My co-workers
Customer Service Associate/Data Entry (Former Employee), Saint JohnJuly 23, 2014
I really enjoyed working with the people at innovatia. We were a small group that helped each other if we had any issues that we needed help with.
Links