Iron Mountain Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Culture Change
Records Centre Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCNovember 29, 2015
Pros: Flexible Hours
Cons: Long Hours and can never fully get away from work
Iron Mountain culture has changed in the past 4 years. It is focused mostly on targets and profits. This culture change has seen a decline in employee and management engagement as everything is aimed at reducing cost and finding larger margins of profit. Local leaders are focused on profits rather than the people that work for them.
Uncertain Future At This Company
Driver (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 20, 2015
Cons: Layoffs (without warning), Mismanagement
Iron Mountain was not a horrible place to work at culture wise, but as an employee you are just a number. Every year there is a wave of layoffs due to budgetary cuts in North America. It doesn't matter whether you have a track record of excellence, whether you are a critical member of the team, or even if many things wouldn't be possible without your expertise. A huge part of the problem is that leadership at higher levels make very costly decisions/mistakes without studying their possible impact in different markets. Who pays for those mistakes? The folks on the front lines. The problems are unfortunately systematic, I would not trust my future to Iron Mountain.
good place but does ofre alot of chalenge
record centre specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 29, 2016
Pros: free coffee, bbq's when we pull off a big order
Cons: bad lighting making hrad to pull the right material
go help out with early Moring pull's then go to box put way all day.
how to inbound box's and file's.
good management team.
are hard work works but no really challenge for any one
having to pull in aisle where the lighting is bad its hard on the eye even with a flash light.
working with good people and having fun
Courier/Driver, Laborer, Scanner (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 8, 2016
Great place to work Staff was great Management were friendly and knowledgeable. I worked as a Courier/Driver, Laborer, Scanner for this company
Very unorganized management, does not pay well
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), EdmontonSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: don't treat you with respect, low pay, very disorganized
I worked for iron mountain for almost 3 months. Management gave me more work and responsibility than anyone else with my same position which I am fine with...if the pay increases with responsibility. It didn't. Management acted like I was lucky to have this responsibility and didn't see any reason why I would require a raise. This job looked like it was going to be perfect for what I was looking for. Whatever you do, do not work for iron mountain. They are a careless, extremely unorganized company that don't treat you with respect. My manager actually hung up on me when I notified him that we were low on a certain supply. If you are unlucky enough to get injured like my co-worker, you expected to work anyway and deal with it. Again, don't do it. They have very high turnover for a reason.
Hard working people that are fun to be around!
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONAugust 28, 2015
At Iron Mountain everyone works together to achieve a high level of quality and service. There are strict rules to abide by and a level of security to maintain always. The work can be tedious and exhausting.

The management is good and always seeks feedback from employees for better production and improvement is working conditions.

I learned a lot about data entry and other clerical and administrative duties such as handling boxes and files of confidential documents.

The co-workers there are all genuinely nice and very helpful.
Great Company ! An amazing team of managers and staff members
Billing Supervisor (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 31, 2016
A typical day was full of opportunity - no day was the same. There was always something new to learn or some new challenge to overcome. Working with such a great team people may everyday fun and inspiring.
Easy going, fun place to work
Records Center Specialist (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCJanuary 19, 2016
A regular day would consist of getting a daily project order from you manager, locating and obtaining info and retrieving data corresponding to your project, making photo copies and putting all info obtained back in its original location
Good company to work for
Special Projects Coordinator (Current Employee), Concord, ONMay 1, 2016
Over all i'm happy with my work and company but i think it's time to change my line to explore new challenge and also meet new people and places.
fun place to work
Record Centre Specialist (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 26, 2015
easy and good paying work co workers is like family we work together as one and fix every problem as a team. the hardest part of the job is carrying lots of boxes and putting them back to shelves but everything is good after that.
busy,continual changes
csr (Former Employee), Saint John, NBJanuary 14, 2016
typical day: answer incoming calls,use email,problem solve, transfer irate customers, review policy/procedures. Interact with co-workers.
Enjoyed meeting customer needs
Nice staff, repetive work, free coffee
Data Entry (Former Employee), Laval, QCAugust 16, 2012
Pros: free coffee
Cons: monotonous
As a note, as I was a part-time worker, the star ratings of this particular company would probably be completely different coming from a full-time employee as they probably have more benefits, pay, etc.
A typical day at work would consist of coming in, and typing up orders all day. We would be timed on our typing speed everyday. We had to maintain a certain quota. It wasn't mandatory but more implied. Speed was essential.
In the beginning, I wasn't too happy with the job. It was nothing like I had imagined. I found it very boring and repetitive. I learned how to control my anxiety and come up with ways to start enjoying the job. My French also strengthened.
Management was excellent. Very friendly and understanding.
My co-workers were fine as well.
The hardest part of my job was in the beginning of my job, when I had to accept that the task will be the same all day long.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the people. They were really friendly.
very busy call volumne
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Saint John, NBMay 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: too many things to remember & they changed from day to day, not paid enough for the job.
Every call was different, one call you would have to think like a nurse, the next a lawyer, then a bank teller and then an Insurance adjuster, etc., very high security, every company that called had their own code, lots of times they didn't know it, so we had to try and help them find it. There was no time for socializing on the job, a few of us would gather at someones house to play board games or at someones house for a bon-fire in the summertime. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers.
Not ethical
Clinic Director/Advanced Holistic Nutritionist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 16, 2014
Had to resign due to unpaid compensation.

I worked FT 35hrs/week as a clinical, seeing clients, as well as a clinical director doing all administrative duties, as well as interviewing hiring employees.

I was a writer for a magazine for the clinic, as well as a blogger.
n/a
Operations Manager Secure Shred (Former Employee), TorontoOctober 16, 2015
Good opportunity to advance, learned a lot.

Managed largest on-site shred department in North America.
Initiative Championing: Initiated joint ventures with external companies that helped to build strategic alliances.
Productive workplace and humble environment
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Bonuses for productivity
Cons: Pay rate was not fair for a position dealing with highly sensitive and confidential documents
I was sad to leave, as I really enjoyed my time with Iron Mountain, but I understand the company had to make some changes going through a large restructuring which impacted my position and department.
My co-workers/colleagues and Manager were such an amazing team to work with!
LOW PAY , WORK ENVIRONMENT IS GOOD
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONAugust 10, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: really tired after work
learned data entry , teamwork, communication better with manger and upper management level

co-workers are nice
hardest part is easy to feel tire
Interesting Job
Data Clerk (Former Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 5, 2015
I was in a contract position with this company. They were nice to work for--a very relaxed environment. Job was repetitive but coworkers are wonderful.
One of the worst companies, I've worked for
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 19, 2014
Pros: pay - benefits
Cons: long hours
Had to work extra hours on a consistant basis. Tied to my cell phone 24 hours a day. Manager was VERY unapproachable, very distant.

Good pay, but no work/life balance
A secured place to make a career
Courier assistant and Van Driver (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 2, 2013
Pros: paid breaks, good benefits
Cons: some customers do not have a freights elevator so you have to handle trough the stairs
A tipical day starts with a morning team meeting where all concerns about the goals for that particular day are brought by the drivers, and clarified by the supervisor. While I worked at Iron Mountain, I learned about the importance of confidentiality and protection of the information. Also, working as a team is part of the learning. A daily part of the job is creating a good environment of interaction with co-workers as all the preparations to go on the road are done. Many customers with different personalities are waiting for you at all kind of companies. The daily duty of a "Mountanier" courier is to do deliveries and pickups of the items required by the customers and register them on the system, using a scaner software. It all need to be done in a timely manner. Driving through trafic and doing some lifting, might be the hardest part of the job. Finally, all picked up and/or returned items will return to base. I had a fun time while working hard. Having your breaks, making friends, and getting support from your team when is needed is also part of the job.
Links