Iron Mountain Employee Reviews

Very good place to work
IMAGING CO-ORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  70 talman court concord ont14 February 2018
Overall Iron-mountain is the best company i have ever worked.
They do care about there employees , but just because of the down time in the company they have to let go some of the employee recently .
Bad management
COURIER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 February 2018
Micro mange everything. Never get any help with big pick ups or delivery. With all the meetings they have, it's a wonder we got to service actual customers.

Expected to work weekends for awhile and we were poorly trained on that part of the job, which was not our primary role. Long days. Very punitive point systems. And if you made a mistake it's up to 3 managers on 1 against you. They walk around scowling half the time.
Pros
Boot allowance was pretty good.
Cons
Long days, hard to get off early if you had to.
management is top heavy
Record Centre Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 January 2018
when i first started this job was great fair amount of work and hours that weren't so hard. over the last year however management has shifted and our days have become difficult beyond what it should be.
Pros
nice pay
Cons
managment or lack there of
Physically demanding
Record Centre Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON29 January 2018
Must hit your numbers almost all the time or you will be reprimanded then fired. The job is very physically demanding and stressful for the amount of pay.
Productive and safe workplace
General Labourer (Summer) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 January 2018
Iron mountain was a great job with a concern for your overall health and safety while on the job. projects could become demanding at time and work was very physical. but employees were rewarded every couple of weeks with free lunches.
Pros
Safety and excellent management
Cons
very physical
good pay long hours
TRANSPORTATION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON13 December 2017
23.5 years 13 in supervisory role, long hours needed with my position
enjoyed my experience, management had us plan extra activities to keep up morale
Pros
morale high
Cons
hours
productive workplace
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 November 2017
Friendly and supportive employees. Understanding management personnel.

What I learned is to work fast and accurate and always give attention to detail.
Environnement de travail très productif et divertissant
Représentante à la paie (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC2 November 2017
J'ai appris sur les différents fonctionnement concernant la Paie d'un employé du Québec versus ailleurs au Canada. Il y a eu beaucoup de formation, de meeting et de conférences pour toujours s'améliorer au sein de l'entreprise et connaître l'évolution de celle-ci. Beaucoup de travail à faire dans une journée de travail, on pouvait monter des dossiers pour les nouveaux employés a travers le Canada, ou on faisait les paies sur 1 semaine, le temps de tout préparer et apporter les corrections/vérifications nécessaires avant l'envoi, on devait préparer les slips de paie et les Relevés d'emploi lors d'un congédiement. J'ai appris à fermer un dossier d'employé décédé ayant des assurances et une succession à gérer (beaucoup d'étapes et de temps). Lorsque mon employeur eu le devoir de quitter par cause de cancer au cerveau, nous avons dû nous adapter très rapidement avec l'aide d'une directrice du Nouveau Brunswick. La plupart des documents ou conférences ou formations étaient tous en anglais.
Pros
Le diner les vendredis entre filles, beaucoup de technique apprise, la langue anglaise pratiquée à son maximum
Cons
Les postes ont été abolis pour aller s'installer en Inde
Productive and work environment
Record Centre Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 September 2017
Although it was easy to progress in productivity at Iron Mountain, there are a lot of negative feedback involving the nature of high levels of gossip and investigating the life of other workers also potentially harming fellow co workers safety and employment. Customers with iron mountain are treated very well.
Pros
Pot lucks and free lunches ad quarterly year bonuses
Cons
Lots of overtime and hard work is not always recognized
Provide great opportunity to develop skills
Imaging Production Specialist Level II (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON4 September 2017
- Developed a management skills.
- Team leader skills.
- Imaging department and grown since I started there 10 years back.
- They are one of the leader in Record's management and document imaging.
A great place to work!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Quebec21 August 2017
Started a few years ago and since then, many acquisitions where done. It's a company that move fast and treat well their employees. They also pay accordingly to the current market. Lot of training available and a very good safety first culture.
Pros
Work balance, good pay
Cons
Instability in certain business lines
Its alright
Driver/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 August 2017
hard work, fast paced environment. Big on safety and security. Hard to balance home and work life,,,,, Very demanding company. The CEO has no compassion for his work force its all about the $$$$$$$
fast paced, repetative work
Courier / Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 August 2017
zero room for any errors

at times work load can be overwhelming / time restrictions

overall good place to work

the time passed quickly always busy very little down time
Pros
good benifit plan
Cons
hard to find answers at times
Welcoming environment
Imaging Centre Specialist (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON12 July 2017
When i worked at iron mountain i was prepping the files for scanning or usually scanning the files themselves, i had a wonderful time working here, everyone was so welcoming and made me happy to walk into work every day, i enjoyed working with the files i was always busy and job focused to complete it. i would say the hardest part was lifting the heavy boxes, overall it was a very straight forward job, there was great management, weekly improvement meetings.
Pros
30 paid break
Cons
early hours
easy to talk to
Mobile shred operator and Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 June 2017
i enjoy my job and have been mostly happy with the changes management does listen and is always there to help. The benefits and leave times are comparable if not better than any i have seen or heard of
High turnover. Honesty and hard work doesn't pay off if your numbers are low. Instead you can get by if you take shortcuts to maintain your quota.
Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 May 2017
It might be a great company to work for if you can get in as a driver permanent full time since it is unionized. Coming in at entry level as a Records Coordinator is tough to endure.

It's great if you like physical work, more like a workout. I lost 5 lbs. during the few months I was there.But it's really a numbers game. It's a challenge to maintain the quota the management has set for you as your numbers might decline to due fixing other people's f#$% ups. I am referring to the people that worked previous shifts before you that didn't finish their jobs properly.

We're either pulling out boxes of files or putting them away. Some people get away with not putting away boxes all the way to the back of the shelf so the next poor sap ends up doing it when he gets sent to that location. Or another frequent occurrence is others stacking heavy boxes on top of a stack and placing the lighter ones at the bottom.

As result, this slows down your production and time. Management might be aware of this but they don't really care. You're not really being monitored as your do your work. You have a handheld scanner to scan labels for all the file/ file boxes you process All they are concerned with is the bottom line if you could maintain your quota. Which is why I believe some workers cheat the system and take shortcuts. They fudge their numbers just to make their quota of number of boxes put away or pulled.

Another thing I didn't like was that I would often get relocated to another one of their satellite locations. They were all in the Metro Vancouver area however it's quite the
  more... distance having to be moved from south Burnaby to east Coquitlam and not be paid gas allowance ( commuting from Richmond ).  less
Pros
a good workout
Cons
no gas allowance, high turn over, workers cheating the system, no supervision by management
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 May 2017
It was a lot of fun working there nobody bothering you.
Very easy to concentrate. Demanding which I liked my staff was very nice. Well the Iron Mountain Location where I was they always put the people's well being first and in return they had very very good production.
I was sad to leave but I relocated I really enjoyed my work and my job.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No cons
work place
Driver (Former Employee) –  edmonton ab26 April 2017
great company and people to work with the training program is excellent and the customer service in good management care for the staff and help them when needed
Stress full - chasing time
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON12 April 2017
fast phased work place. too much work to handle for the salary, they thing employs are with the magic wand, and what every they ask we can give it to them in split second.

Too much politics to survice.
Great people and great systems
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2017
I enjoyed going to work each day. Always something going on that needed good people to dig in and get things done. I would recommend this company any day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Iron Mountain. Our community is ready to answer.