iQor Employee Reviews

Productive and fun oriented project
Collection Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2013
provided efficient customer service and handled customers in efficient manner. Co-workers are very nice, cooperative and very much helpful to each other. Well management and fun oriented. The hardest part is to handle few customers those who would not like to follow the policy of the company and enjoying to chat with customer for providing service with customer satisfaction.
Pros
Some times provided free snacks and coffee
Cons
Eight hour shift and sometimes OT
Productive and friendly workplace
Bilingual Collector Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2013
Calling customers with outstanding balances to foot their bill
Telephone professional manner and interpersonal skills
Good communication and listening skills, making payment arrangement
Working independently and as a team worker
Being patient and problem-solving skills
Helping customers to make ends meet
Pros
Incentives and prizes to employees
Cons
Flexible hours
This place is AWEFUL!!!
Quality Assurance-Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge On5 November 2013
Typical American company trying to use American labour laws to screw over Canadian employees.
We referred to the office building as the 'Church of Satan'...enough said...
Pros
co-workers
Cons
everything else
Nice place
Agent - Service Management-Perception (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 October 2013
Ensure compliance with laws governing the recovery of debts using legal provisions appropriately
Meet the standards of quantity and quality
Routine job tasks
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto21 August 2013
Very professional environment. No job security. Quota based.
the hardest part of being a customer service representative
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philippines13 August 2013
Providing one call resolution and handling irate customer is the most challenging part of being a customer service representative but it is where I am expert cause I learned it from my previous job on how to deal with the situation and w/ the person.
productive
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  toronto, ontario22 June 2013
Acquired skills in the workplace
Forecasting merchandize
R t
Collection Officer (Former Employee) –  North York, ON26 April 2013
I wasn't happy to work there... too much pressure! Management always do favouritism to certain employees!
Collection agent
collection agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2013
Answering inbound & outbound calls ,everyone there was pretty friendly.I still keep in contact with one of the mangers there.
Pros
summer bbqs, everyday volleyball, close to home
Cons
got laid off
Productive and fun workplace with table tennis table and other periodic activities
Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2013
A typical day starts with speaking to diversed customers on phone listen to their situation and provide best options available to resolve their over due bill.

I learned to be part of team and more productive.

Very diversed environment could learn more ideas flowing from each co-worker.

The hardest part was to convince customers to make them pay their bills but could convince by providing multiple payment options.

The most enjoyable part of the job talking to different people over the typical day.
Pros
regular potlucks and casual dress codes on fridays
Cons
some mandatory weekends but productive in the month end numbers
It was multicultural service sector.
Collection Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2013
Leaned lot about automated telephone call generating and rules and regulation related to phone calls and collections.
Company initiated sporting activities to promote camaraderie among employees.
AVP (Supervisor / Te.am Manager) (Former Employee) –  Philippines4 January 2013
Supervises 15 agents to ensure their performance level meets the expectation set by the client. Coaches them to ensure they meet the target for their collections and for the agents to receive their incentives.
Learned how to set realistic goals, enhanced my leadership skills and provide motivation to the agents to uplift their personality and character.
Co-workers are very supportive and competitive.
Hardest part of the job is when our old account (Washington Mutual) folded in the US market and was absorbed by JP Morgan Chase.
Enjoyable part is, Chase opened new doors of learning for everyone to take advantage of.
I was a team leader where I was able to work as team with management.
Team Lead for Sprint U.S (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON16 November 2012
I took attendance, monitor calls. Assisted with escalation calls.
reviewed and updated bonuses and scores from quality control.
Cons
it was a high stress environment.
Call Center Agent: A leaning experience
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON7 November 2012
I dealt with costumers regarding their payment, adding features and connecting phone services for Sprint. It was a great experience to gain the knowledge to be able to communicate with various personalities.
fun when we collect something and the superviser scream so everyone can know about it
Agent (Collection) (Former Employee) –  Toronto31 October 2012
Call and advise the client there is a file here at his name and negotiate to get a full payment or if not offer installment
I lean to negotiate
The management was just good
My co-workers were fun to work with
The most enjoyable part is when I get bonus
Pros
bonus
Cons
ok with me
Call Center
Customer Finance Agent (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON22 October 2012
I worked long hours. I was able to finish school while working there.
Pros
made my own hours
Cons
irate people all day long
Fun workplace to challenge co-workers
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON13 October 2012
>Wake up and catch a designated bus to the building.<
When in training, you sit iin a room and you learn how to read the script properly, working the programs and how everything functions. And that usually take 10 days of training while being paid min. wage.
Once graduated from being a trainee agent, you are now a junior agent. The one who has taught you how to work the programs and the script is your supervisor for the time you work there. You had to work 42hrs a week. There were different names for being a collections agent, which also stands your rank and how much you get paid 'Trainee Agent' to 'Junior agent' to 'Agent' to 'Super Agent' to 'Senior Agent'.
You sat in a cubical area and collected money from people who haven't paid their phone bills. You had to make decisions whether the person on the other line is telling the truth of not and having to either suspend their account, wave the fee's or activate their accounts. Sometimes you also had to talk to them and calm them down at times.
The management there you couldn't contact the actual management unless you called by phone, you mainly dealt with the supervisors or as your co-workers that are experienced.
The co-worker all worked with one another. No matter what happened with the calls we had to make if someone ended up frustrated, upset, distracted..etc. we all seemed to unite and help each other.
The hardest part of the job was mainly the way we were treated by the customers. I know that it is typical for someone to get angry with someone who has to call because of no payment done or for whatever reason, but its not
  more... necessary to have to deal with being called every name in the book just because your angry with that person.
The enjoyable part of the job was being able to challenge your co-workers. Every payment would go into a counter of 1rst 2nd and 3rd and you would end up becoming a better agent and get to have a new title if you are 1rst every week for a whole month. Which kept it entertaining while you were working there.
Pros
a cafeteria that actually sold good food
Cons
having to sit and call people about their missed payments
Fun workplace
Senior collection agent (Former Employee) –  Scarborough ON24 September 2012
My experience at IQOR canada has been great. I worked at IQOR canada for about a year and it has been the greatest job experience for me. One thing I liked about working at IQOR canada was that I got to work independently, help out our customers the best I could and learn something new each day from my team, managers and company.
Social and fun
Senior Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2012
A typical day of work at Iqor Canada was stressful and hard because of the type of job it was. The people in the office were friendly and made the day go quickly. Management at Iqor was understanding and did their best to adjust to employee needs. I loved my job at Iqor because it was a challenge and required me to focus to hit goals and bonuses. Iqor was stressful due to the fact I had to collect money from people who were going through tough times and its hard not to feel bad sometimes.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
difficult monthly targets
Productive and fun workplace with collection calls and getting debt in,,
Collection Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto ,ON20 August 2012
I have great experience at Iqor Canada , work every day must be fun with collecting debt, i leaned lots of new activities to get in this field and motivation to my self , my co-workers are very kind and ready to learn new at any time , we always work like team, help each other , positive attitude , i had best team ever in my all work experience, the hardest part of the job as always hire the new agent to get all terning done ,however i would say i love it,
the most enjoyable part of the company that weekly Houdaille,
work to together always marvelous.
Pros
free gift card to get agents motovation .
Cons
good work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at iQor. Our community is ready to answer.