iQor Employee Reviews

Collection agent
collection agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2013
Answering inbound & outbound calls ,everyone there was pretty friendly.I still keep in contact with one of the mangers there.
Pros
summer bbqs, everyday volleyball, close to home
Cons
got laid off
Productive and fun workplace with table tennis table and other periodic activities
Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2013
A typical day starts with speaking to diversed customers on phone listen to their situation and provide best options available to resolve their over due bill.

I learned to be part of team and more productive.

Very diversed environment could learn more ideas flowing from each co-worker.

The hardest part was to convince customers to make them pay their bills but could convince by providing multiple payment options.

The most enjoyable part of the job talking to different people over the typical day.
Pros
regular potlucks and casual dress codes on fridays
Cons
some mandatory weekends but productive in the month end numbers
It was multicultural service sector.
Collection Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2013
Leaned lot about automated telephone call generating and rules and regulation related to phone calls and collections.
Company initiated sporting activities to promote camaraderie among employees.
AVP (Supervisor / Te.am Manager) (Former Employee) –  Philippines4 January 2013
Supervises 15 agents to ensure their performance level meets the expectation set by the client. Coaches them to ensure they meet the target for their collections and for the agents to receive their incentives.
Learned how to set realistic goals, enhanced my leadership skills and provide motivation to the agents to uplift their personality and character.
Co-workers are very supportive and competitive.
Hardest part of the job is when our old account (Washington Mutual) folded in the US market and was absorbed by JP Morgan Chase.
Enjoyable part is, Chase opened new doors of learning for everyone to take advantage of.
I was a team leader where I was able to work as team with management.
Team Lead for Sprint U.S (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON16 November 2012
I took attendance, monitor calls. Assisted with escalation calls.
reviewed and updated bonuses and scores from quality control.
Cons
it was a high stress environment.
Call Center Agent: A leaning experience
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON7 November 2012
I dealt with costumers regarding their payment, adding features and connecting phone services for Sprint. It was a great experience to gain the knowledge to be able to communicate with various personalities.
fun when we collect something and the superviser scream so everyone can know about it
Agent (Collection) (Former Employee) –  Toronto31 October 2012
Call and advise the client there is a file here at his name and negotiate to get a full payment or if not offer installment
I lean to negotiate
The management was just good
My co-workers were fun to work with
The most enjoyable part is when I get bonus
Pros
bonus
Cons
ok with me
Call Center
Customer Finance Agent (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON22 October 2012
I worked long hours. I was able to finish school while working there.
Pros
made my own hours
Cons
irate people all day long
Fun workplace to challenge co-workers
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON13 October 2012
>Wake up and catch a designated bus to the building.<
When in training, you sit iin a room and you learn how to read the script properly, working the programs and how everything functions. And that usually take 10 days of training while being paid min. wage.
Once graduated from being a trainee agent, you are now a junior agent. The one who has taught you how to work the programs and the script is your supervisor for the time you work there. You had to work 42hrs a week. There were different names for being a collections agent, which also stands your rank and how much you get paid 'Trainee Agent' to 'Junior agent' to 'Agent' to 'Super Agent' to 'Senior Agent'.
You sat in a cubical area and collected money from people who haven't paid their phone bills. You had to make decisions whether the person on the other line is telling the truth of not and having to either suspend their account, wave the fee's or activate their accounts. Sometimes you also had to talk to them and calm them down at times.
The management there you couldn't contact the actual management unless you called by phone, you mainly dealt with the supervisors or as your co-workers that are experienced.
The co-worker all worked with one another. No matter what happened with the calls we had to make if someone ended up frustrated, upset, distracted..etc. we all seemed to unite and help each other.
The hardest part of the job was mainly the way we were treated by the customers. I know that it is typical for someone to get angry with someone who has to call because of no payment done or for whatever reason, but its not
  more... necessary to have to deal with being called every name in the book just because your angry with that person.
The enjoyable part of the job was being able to challenge your co-workers. Every payment would go into a counter of 1rst 2nd and 3rd and you would end up becoming a better agent and get to have a new title if you are 1rst every week for a whole month. Which kept it entertaining while you were working there.
Pros
a cafeteria that actually sold good food
Cons
having to sit and call people about their missed payments
Fun workplace
Senior collection agent (Former Employee) –  Scarborough ON24 September 2012
My experience at IQOR canada has been great. I worked at IQOR canada for about a year and it has been the greatest job experience for me. One thing I liked about working at IQOR canada was that I got to work independently, help out our customers the best I could and learn something new each day from my team, managers and company.
Social and fun
Senior Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2012
A typical day of work at Iqor Canada was stressful and hard because of the type of job it was. The people in the office were friendly and made the day go quickly. Management at Iqor was understanding and did their best to adjust to employee needs. I loved my job at Iqor because it was a challenge and required me to focus to hit goals and bonuses. Iqor was stressful due to the fact I had to collect money from people who were going through tough times and its hard not to feel bad sometimes.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
difficult monthly targets
Productive and fun workplace with collection calls and getting debt in,,
Collection Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto ,ON20 August 2012
I have great experience at Iqor Canada , work every day must be fun with collecting debt, i leaned lots of new activities to get in this field and motivation to my self , my co-workers are very kind and ready to learn new at any time , we always work like team, help each other , positive attitude , i had best team ever in my all work experience, the hardest part of the job as always hire the new agent to get all terning done ,however i would say i love it,
the most enjoyable part of the company that weekly Houdaille,
work to together always marvelous.
Pros
free gift card to get agents motovation .
Cons
good work hours
Extremely fast paced work environment
Customer Finance Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON9 August 2012
A typical day at work included field on average 100 phone calls regarding financial inquiries for customers of cell phone companies. I learned how to type very fast and collect payments from customers. The management in this work place was very helpful. My co workers were great to be around. The hardest part of the job was getting customers to pay their overdue bills. The most enjoyable part of this job was making people happy by activating their services if they had the funds to pay for their overdue bills.
Pros
company bonuses
Cons
making customers unhappy
Flexible time scedules with stressfull work setting
Junior Agent (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON. Canada9 July 2012
Good for developing excellent communication skills in a multi-accent environment especially good for new settlers.
Pros
flexible work schedules
Cons
unpaid short breaks
Productive and cultural environment
Customer Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 July 2012
The entire experience was challenging to begin with, however I grew to prosper in my position and really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
narrow advancement.
Collections and customer service call center
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ontario15 June 2012
I learned a lot working for this company.
I worked my way up in the company and was promoted quickly.
Friendly work environment
REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 June 2012
Salary was not on par with other companies with the same job description.
There was nothing good about this company
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON15 April 2012
I found working here that they did not respect you and that they really didn't care about you. I also found that they did not give you a raise when they gave you a lot more work to do. I would not go back to this company.
Pros
i can not think of anything
Cons
everything was bad
agente de recouvrement
Agente de recouvrement (Former Employee) –  Anjou, QC1 November 2016
arriver au travail ce connecter sur notre ordinateur , appeler les débiteur et faire ne sorte de les faire payer leur dette
Pros
pas physique
Cons
salaire
Compagnie recommandable
agent recouvrement (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 January 2016
j'ai adoré mon expérience chez IQOR, on m'a permis de
me surpasser dans le domaine de la recherche aussi de parfaire mon anglais en touchant à plusieurs portes-feuilles. De plus, j'ai eu la chance de retourner à l'école sans être pénalisé.
Pros
Avantages sociaux
Cons
Heure de repas trop longue, manque d'encadrement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at iQor. Our community is ready to answer.