iQor Employee Review

great people
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SC14 January 2014
the people are excellent and motivating, the job security however will keep you on edge.

Other iQor Employee Reviews

Great place to work for 1-2 years max
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2018
I was one of the few selected to train some agents in Trinidad on an all expense paid business trips. During the off peak times it was amazing. All that free time comes at a price because during ramp periods it gets extremely challenging, plus side is that Overtime was offered.

2x10 min breaks + 1x30 min lunch. Breaks are paid for.

Iqor is a massive company 40'000 employees over 19+ countries. With all the normal problems i.e communications problems between various levels of management, but what's new in the workforce
Pros
Pretty flexible hours if you've been there long enough
Cons
Job security is dependant on the client, and whether it is on or off-season
Keep your head down.
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 February 2018
This is the 1800Flowers job at IQOR.

This job is obviously a lot of sitting.
Be prepared to be badgered with questions or stared at if you want to stand up to stretch your legs as your managers stare at you with disapproval.

Every single one of your breaks in questioned, even if you sit at your desk to blow your nose. (No exaggeration here.)

In your down time with the mics muted and no customers, you're not allowed to talk to your co-workers who sit beside you.
Even though you sit intimately close with many people there.
I remember being told to "read the manual"
Have fun doing that 1,000 times regardless of how well you do your job and if you've remembered it.
You will see favourites get away with this though.

They show serious favouritism. People will be on e-mails all day and chatting, but God-Forbid if you want to switch from calls to e-mails to give your throat a break.

On top of that one person could be working diligently and their counterparts are fooling around, but they are favourites, so it's okay.

I remember a girl was on her break and was sitting next to another co-worker to coach him.
She was told to leave the floor for her break, meanwhile the favourites all sat at their desks fooling around on their breaks. The hypocrisy made me disgusted.

The managers fool around a lot.
I mean all they do is joke around, but don't partake. They are literally there to bring you down. It seems like fun at the time, but you will be reprimanded for it.

They will most likely let you go before you've worked there for 6 months. This way you cannot
  more... fight back for wrongful dismissal.

You need a 98% job attendance rate.
Favouritism comes into play here a lot. (Co-worker away every day for 3 weeks except maybe 1 or 2 times a week they would come in. They are full time. Asked them what happened, said they were sick with strep throat. They brought a doctor's note.)
Another Co-worker had their wisdom teeth removed. They had surgery, and missed days. One day they were throwing up (because of their medication, and went home early. They came back with a doctor's note. Regardless, they were let go soon after for attendance, even though they tried to power through, and the other co-worker did whatever they wanted.)

Even if you are sick, or if you need to take a loved one to the hospital. (My co-worker's mother was sent into surgery. She was her only relative in Ontario and wanted time to take care of her.)

Regardless of your doctor's note, or the severity of your condition, if you haven't given notice at least 1 week prior, it's ground for dismissal.
(Co-worker's hand was slammed in their car door. They missed work for 2 days, and finally came in with a cast and a doctor's note. They were fired soon after.)

I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH.
DOCTOR NOTES WILL NOT SAVE YOU.
I don't mean a little "I have a headache." I mean "I have appendicitis and cannot come in." Your attendance will go down.
You get a fleeting warning like "Hey, come in tomorrow." then surprise you with "Your attendance sucks."

If you have kids, I feel bad for you.
They are not accommodating at all to families.

If you want time off for the holidays, book it 3 months in advance or you will be denied time off.
If you want a religious holiday off, forget that too. If you're scheduled to work you work.

These experiences I'm talking about are what happened to several of my co-workers. The final situation about wanting a religious holiday off is my own. I wanted to be at church for good Friday, I told them about it 1 week in advance and they said I need to work that day, and can't give it to me.

Of course I didn't attend work that day.
I was reprimanded for not going in of course.

I quit soon after.

You cannot move up in this job.
They will have other job positions that they say they look for inside hires first. They do not.

On a final note tie your lunch up in many bags. Make it look as undesirable as possible. I've had my lunch stolen several times, container and all. Regardless of voicing my opinion, nothing was done.

This job has amazing holiday bonuses though.
Pros
Good Holiday Incentives, The job is easy.
Cons
Favouritism, Not accommodating to families, No respect for religious values (unless you're muslim), theft with no consequences, management fools around a lot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at iQor. Our community is ready to answer.