iQor

iQor Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Survival Job
Collector/Customer service, USA (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2014
I worked a a Collector, had fun as I take work seriously. I would reach target/goal every month and was awarded as a valued employee within a years time.
What I Learned
Agent (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONDecember 17, 2013
Pros: co-workers and long lunch
Cons: office closed and had to work at home
I learned a lot of things at iQor. iQor was a third party for Sprint Cellular in the United States of America. I learned about all of the cellular devices, how to fix certain technical issues, the most popular cellular devices to sell, I learned about plans, and how to make payment arrangements. Talking to customers was not always easy because they – more... are usually angry or upset when they are calling in. I learned how to calm customers down in a professional way and get to their issue. After getting their problems fixed I was able to try to up sell and advise them of new plans and cellular devices they may be interested in. Working at iQor always gave you new things to learn about because new devices were always coming out as well as new plans. I took the time to also learn about competitors plans and services to compare and be ready when a customer calls in wanting to leave to another company. – less
This place is AWEFUL!!!
Quality Assurance-Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Cambridge OnNovember 5, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: everything else
Typical American company trying to use American labour laws to screw over Canadian employees.
We referred to the office building as the 'Church of Satan'...enough said...
Nice place
Agent - Service Management-Perception (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 7, 2013
Ensure compliance with laws governing the recovery of debts using legal provisions appropriately
Meet the standards of quantity and quality
I was a team leader where I was able to work as team with management.
Team Lead for Sprint U.S (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONNovember 16, 2012
Cons: it was a high stress environment.
I took attendance, monitor calls. Assisted with escalation calls.
reviewed and updated bonuses and scores from quality control.
Call Center Agent: A leaning experience
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONNovember 7, 2012
I dealt with costumers regarding their payment, adding features and connecting phone services for Sprint. It was a great experience to gain the knowledge to be able to communicate with various personalities.
Call Center
Customer Finance Agent (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONOctober 22, 2012
Pros: made my own hours
Cons: irate people all day long
I worked long hours. I was able to finish school while working there.
Fun workplace to challenge co-workers
Collection Agent (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONOctober 13, 2012
Pros: a cafeteria that actually sold good food
Cons: having to sit and call people about their missed payments
>Wake up and catch a designated bus to the building.<
When in training, you sit iin a room and you learn how to read the script properly, working the programs and how everything functions. And that usually take 10 days of training while being paid min. wage.
Once graduated from being a trainee agent, you are now a junior agent. The one who has taught – more... you how to work the programs and the script is your supervisor for the time you work there. You had to work 42hrs a week. There were different names for being a collections agent, which also stands your rank and how much you get paid 'Trainee Agent' to 'Junior agent' to 'Agent' to 'Super Agent' to 'Senior Agent'.
You sat in a cubical area and collected money from people who haven't paid their phone bills. You had to make decisions whether the person on the other line is telling the truth of not and having to either suspend their account, wave the fee's or activate their accounts. Sometimes you also had to talk to them and calm them down at times.
The management there you couldn't contact the actual management unless you called by phone, you mainly dealt with the supervisors or as your co-workers that are experienced.
The co-worker all worked with one another. No matter what happened with the calls we had to make if someone ended up frustrated, upset, distracted..etc. we all seemed to unite and help each other.
The hardest part of the job was mainly the way we were treated by the customers. I know that it is typical for someone to get angry with someone who has to call because of no payment done or for whatever reason, but its not necessary to have to deal with being called every name in the book just because your angry with that person.
The enjoyable part of the job was being able to challenge your co-workers. Every payment would go into a counter of 1rst 2nd and 3rd and you would end up becoming a better agent and get to have a new title if you are 1rst every week for a whole month. Which kept it entertaining while you were working there. – less
Extremely fast paced work environment
Customer Finance Representative (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONAugust 9, 2012
Pros: company bonuses
Cons: making customers unhappy
A typical day at work included field on average 100 phone calls regarding financial inquiries for customers of cell phone companies. I learned how to type very fast and collect payments from customers. The management in this work place was very helpful. My co workers were great to be around. The hardest part of the job was getting customers to pay their – more... overdue bills. The most enjoyable part of this job was making people happy by activating their services if they had the funds to pay for their overdue bills. – less
Collections and customer service call center
Supervisor (Former Employee), Cambridge, ontarioJune 15, 2012
I learned a lot working for this company.
I worked my way up in the company and was promoted quickly.
There was nothing good about this company
Collections Agent (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONApril 15, 2012
Pros: i can not think of anything
Cons: everything was bad
I found working here that they did not respect you and that they really didn't care about you. I also found that they did not give you a raise when they gave you a lot more work to do. I would not go back to this company.

– July 3, 2012

Always consider that a raise is not monetary but experience to take you to the next level. Then the monetary return will come to fruition.

Stressed Workplace
Agent (Former Employee), Delhi, DLApril 17, 2014
Pros: paid dinner
Cons: long hours
Learned how to work in stress,manegement was really good,co-workers were also good, hardest part of job was to sit at one place and to receive calls each and every time not so much to learn, nothing was enjoyable
Great Work Place with different activities each month.
Financial Representative (Former Employee), Tempe, AZApril 16, 2014
A typical day at Iqor would be coming into work, logging on to our system and prepare to take thousands of calls each day. What I learned at Iqor was to show empathy to customer that have been having a rough time in life. The hardest thing about the job was dealing with rude customers. The most enjoyable thing about Iqor is that I met all kinds of different – more... people each day. – less
Horrifying
Agent (Former Employee), Tucson, AZApril 15, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: cramped employment space, confined combined rows, non-understandable management/supervisors.
many other call centers have always been difficult, but when one doesn't give you the benefit of the doubt for your health and also for how many days you may have missed due to personal things, and lets you go is a problematic situation.
same routine everyday
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Tempe, AZApril 15, 2014
Help customers make payments towards their past due balances also help set payment arrangements.
Not at all organized
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 14, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: the pay was awful, unorganized, headache
Working at Iqor was such a headache. It's one of those jobs that you have to go because its your job. Nothing was exciting about this job.
Iqor
Senior Accountant & Final Demand Coordinator (Former Employee), Pueblo, ColoradoApril 14, 2014
Pros: set schedules - m-f (8:00 - 5:00 pm), etc.
Cons: terrible management and no benefits for those not esclated to a management position.
While I very much enjoyed working for the "end" client (TALX/Equifax), working for Iqor was very frusterating. The management team, specifically my direct report, did not allow advancement to anyone outside their initial circle of friends. In my 5 years of working there I found the management team to be very dishonest.
Would only recommend if desperate
Billing Agent (Current Employee), CharlotteApril 14, 2014
Pros: no weekends. shift either 8-5 or 9-6
Cons: everything else
I applied at about 3am and by 10 they were calling me for an interview. I was hired on the spot, with a 10 day training period. Our trainer let us leave early most nights, then we missed two days because of weather, so they made us come in on a Saturday to make one day up. The trainer wasn't trained on how to train, so lessons were ill-prepared, we – more... would often have to switch training classes throughout the day to accommodate other people. There's only one HR person, so good luck if you need something right away. You also have to pay a fee for them to do any kind of job verification. They lied in the interview said it would be $9 to start then $10 out of training, on our 2nd check we asked if we would see our increase & they said it would take 30-60 days before we saw a change, Checks come on the 7th & the 22nd, for no rhyme or reason apparently. They will literally cut hours because we're too slow, then offer unlimited OT for the remainder of the month, then the next week tell you there is no more OT. Also you only get a 30 min lunch & two 15's, but if volume is high, they reduce your breaks to 10 min. You also have to be approved for/ & clock out should you need to use the restroom. Good luck if you have a family emergency or get sick, because you don't get any benefits until you get paid $11. There is no written attendance policy so it depends on how much your manager likes you. You get a warning after two absences & then a termination. If you're ever terminated they will have you work your shift then, fire you at the end of the day. Management truly sucks. I don't even know the OM's name because he never introduced himself, but made it a point to berate everyone in our project(in front of the other projects) for not coming into work on our day off. – less
productive and fun workplace
Voice & Accent Trainer (Former Employee), Noida, UPApril 9, 2014
Pros: late hours shifts
Cons: cab and salary benifits
working with the Iqor , is complete positive work culture with growth and betterment of the futuristic approach.

working with Honda is complete work culture in an MNC , with Foriegn culture effective working with competitions.
Training is mandatory!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), North Charleston, SVApril 7, 2014
This was a great company to work for. Although for people with children, if you miss training you may be let go.

1 2 3 4 5