iQor Employee Reviews

Keep your head down.
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 February 2018
This is the 1800Flowers job at IQOR.

This job is obviously a lot of sitting.
Be prepared to be badgered with questions or stared at if you want to stand up to stretch your legs as your managers stare at you with disapproval.

Every single one of your breaks in questioned, even if you sit at your desk to blow your nose. (No exaggeration here.)

In your down time with the mics muted and no customers, you're not allowed to talk to your co-workers who sit beside you.
Even though you sit intimately close with many people there.
I remember being told to "read the manual"
Have fun doing that 1,000 times regardless of how well you do your job and if you've remembered it.
You will see favourites get away with this though.

They show serious favouritism. People will be on e-mails all day and chatting, but God-Forbid if you want to switch from calls to e-mails to give your throat a break.

On top of that one person could be working diligently and their counterparts are fooling around, but they are favourites, so it's okay.

I remember a girl was on her break and was sitting next to another co-worker to coach him.
She was told to leave the floor for her break, meanwhile the favourites all sat at their desks fooling around on their breaks. The hypocrisy made me disgusted.

The managers fool around a lot.
I mean all they do is joke around, but don't partake. They are literally there to bring you down. It seems like fun at the time, but you will be reprimanded for it.

They will most likely let you go before you've worked there for 6 months. This way you cannot
  more... fight back for wrongful dismissal.

You need a 98% job attendance rate.
Favouritism comes into play here a lot. (Co-worker away every day for 3 weeks except maybe 1 or 2 times a week they would come in. They are full time. Asked them what happened, said they were sick with strep throat. They brought a doctor's note.)
Another Co-worker had their wisdom teeth removed. They had surgery, and missed days. One day they were throwing up (because of their medication, and went home early. They came back with a doctor's note. Regardless, they were let go soon after for attendance, even though they tried to power through, and the other co-worker did whatever they wanted.)

Even if you are sick, or if you need to take a loved one to the hospital. (My co-worker's mother was sent into surgery. She was her only relative in Ontario and wanted time to take care of her.)

Regardless of your doctor's note, or the severity of your condition, if you haven't given notice at least 1 week prior, it's ground for dismissal.
(Co-worker's hand was slammed in their car door. They missed work for 2 days, and finally came in with a cast and a doctor's note. They were fired soon after.)

I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH.
DOCTOR NOTES WILL NOT SAVE YOU.
I don't mean a little "I have a headache." I mean "I have appendicitis and cannot come in." Your attendance will go down.
You get a fleeting warning like "Hey, come in tomorrow." then surprise you with "Your attendance sucks."

If you have kids, I feel bad for you.
They are not accommodating at all to families.

If you want time off for the holidays, book it 3 months in advance or you will be denied time off.
If you want a religious holiday off, forget that too. If you're scheduled to work you work.

These experiences I'm talking about are what happened to several of my co-workers. The final situation about wanting a religious holiday off is my own. I wanted to be at church for good Friday, I told them about it 1 week in advance and they said I need to work that day, and can't give it to me.

Of course I didn't attend work that day.
I was reprimanded for not going in of course.

I quit soon after.

You cannot move up in this job.
They will have other job positions that they say they look for inside hires first. They do not.

On a final note tie your lunch up in many bags. Make it look as undesirable as possible. I've had my lunch stolen several times, container and all. Regardless of voicing my opinion, nothing was done.

This job has amazing holiday bonuses though.
Pros
Good Holiday Incentives, The job is easy.
Cons
Favouritism, Not accommodating to families, No respect for religious values (unless you're muslim), theft with no consequences, management fools around a lot
Productive and Driven
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 February 2018
Highly productive call centre driven by numbers, which I get/understand as that equals more customers which equals job security. They will incentives for you on top of your pay. They also give opportunities to agents to work from home, which is an added bonus. Communication is expected to go both ways obviously. Overtime is offered.
Pros
Overtime and incentives
Good Money
Sales Representative (Outbound call center) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2017
The pay is great and if you can deal with the constantly being on the phone and getting paid 15 bucks and hour thats for you. However there is 4 weeks of training at 12$ per hour. and it carries on to your first pay cheque so after 6 weeks you wills tart getting paid 15 nucks an hour.
Pros
good pay
Iqor is awesome
TEAM LEADER/SENIOR CORE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2017
IQOR is awesome. The work environment is amazing. People are friendly. Just an overall lovely place to be. So much to learn and so much opportunity to flourish. Very fast pace. Awesome customers. A place that donates and fundraises. IQOR is just awesome.
Pros
overtime available
Cons
overtime sometimes not optional
a joke
Technician/Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  North York, ON30 October 2017
Management is a sad unfunny joke. They will cut people who know what they are doing to save money and end up spending more. Good at putting on a show in front of their customers to save face.
Pros
Cons
everything else
Ok for a starter job in tele sales
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  North York, ON26 October 2017
Breaks where only 10 minutes. Days are stuck at a cubical repeating the same script over and over again a minimum of 90 times a day. The mobility sales commission for each sales is only $12 and tablet saels are only $2.00 before taxes.
Pros
Great starter job to get into telemarketing
Cons
Breaks are only 10 minutes
unorganized
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2017
one of the most unorganized companies ive worked for with NO benefits. this would mean no matter what happens after your 3 month probation theres no raise there is no dental there is nothing to recive other than a cheque that mostly wrong.
Good Work Culture
Collection Agent for Virgin Mobile (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 August 2017
Good Work Culture and great support from peers and manager. Leaned a lot , working as a collection agent . There are options for career advancements withing the company.
jr agent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 July 2017
this company is by far the worst comp;any you can work for iqor is a company where is very unprofessional and a disgusting place to work for. all the bed bugs and roaches your better getting a job at a fast food then work for iqor. The managers are all unfair if they like you your going to keep your job an if they dont then dont expect to be staying for long .
Pros
good pay
Cons
unprofessional environment, bed bugs and roaches
Don't work at iqor
Jr sales agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 July 2017
Iqor is a place of under qualified management. Management is unsupportive , not helpful when it comes to fixing client problems and hypocritical. They favour employees who get sales and whom they like. If you can't get sales and they don't like you, don't expect to stay long at iqor. They are very strict when it comes to rules, for certain people. You are not allowed to eat, have bags, or read(occupy) yourself at your desk. You may quietly talk to your seat partner. You will get suspended for just about anything at this job. Including: eating at your desk ( which you will frequently see managers eating birthday cake on the floor), taking breathers between calls, exceeding your 10 min break or 30 min by even just a minute. Although pay is good, they amount of things you are put through, you will not look forward to coming to work the next day. Iqor is not a place of fairness and equality. If you are looking for a relaxed, inclusive and fair job, try McDonald's you would have a better time there.
Pros
Pay, and very very nice co works (managers not included)
Cons
Everything that is not mentioned in the pros
A typical day at work
Outbound Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Victoria Park, ON30 June 2017
The call centre is repetitive environment, going in sitting down calling customers. Majority of the time customer does not want to be on the phone. It is a multicultural environment, with many different people. Peers always there to help you with sales and most team leaders are friendly and helping.
Pros
can work overtime
Cons
ten minute breaks arent enough
Fun Workplace.
Outbound Sales Representative for Bell Canada (Current Employee) –  North York, ON16 June 2017
1. Responsible for outbound sales for Bell Canada, specializing in offering the TV, internet and home phone services.

2. Learned how to deal with customers over the telephonic channels and how to secure sales.
productive and fun workplace.
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  worked from home in Cambridge8 June 2017
signed in at 8am worked until 4pm. learned how to handle numerous inbound and outbound calls daily. setting up payment arrangements for clients. the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to interact with clients daily over the phone.
Pros
worked from home
Cons
some of the client's were rude
productive and fun place
Recovery Agent (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON24 May 2017
Good team work people always helped the others, working under pressure but usually the supervisor an team leader were ready to help, long hours, hard to take a call under 5 minutes with good ending.
Pros
good bonus
Cons
long hours and heavy calls
It was a good workplace.
Junior Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2017
Fair management, ample training, and good benefits and pay.

This company is definitely worth checking out if you desire to start a career in call centers.
Awesome Team Lead who always encouraged and supported everyone
Customer Experience Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2017
Good work culture, learned lot of skills including sales,5-S,also learned how to improve overall customer satisfaction Index but the intense part was to adequate various sales targets and KPI's.
But my Team Lead,She always encouraged everyone by providing various gifts vouchers or having team a dinner if we exceed the monthly targets.Thus, we used to have the best team on the floor.

So, overall because of the best team leads and management, it become one of the finest companies to work with.
Pros
Free Lunches some times
Cons
Deduct money for washroom breaks, perplex KPI's for indivisuals
Very incompetent staff, poor management
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  255 Consumers road14 March 2017
Employees do drink on the floor and of course pot smokers are also smoking in parking lot for which management got warnings for several times. I myself smelled pot on my fellow colleagues many times so as the management but looks like management also drinks and smokes up while at work which is why they are so reluctant to do anything about it. They got sued and had to shut down the campaign few months back. Management is very incompetent. There are no set rules for anything, management promotes favouritism on the floor including big bosses. It is expensive to hire and keep good professional sales team. They cut short your pay checks always and never expect your commission cheque you just won't get it is because you will never meet score card.
I worked there for two months and enjoyed three weeks paid training and left . for another better job offer.
Pros
paid three week training
Cons
horrible management
Ok job
Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ON9 March 2017
Im going to give an extremely honest review.
I was employed here for a few months and my coworkers were amazing. Although a lot of people complain about the call centre setting and consider it boring if you work with the right people it will be enjoyable.

The pay is good for what it is.
The #1 thing I didn't like about this job is that if you don't make a lot of sales you notice that certain managers show favoritism with those who do. Which can be discouraging.
It makes you feel like you're not good enough.
If everybody gets treated the same in what is claimed to be a "professional" company, all the agents would enjoy their job a lot more.
The hours are a pain (ex; sunday 10-6) you cant go to church if youre religious. They are also extremely unsympathetic to days where you have to call in sick due to personal reasons such as medical or family emergencies.

One thing that makes this place extremely unprofessional is the fact that the call centre manager blatantly insults the team leads on the floor while other agents are taking calls.

To be very honest, the CCM can be insulting at times. And because of that I wouldnt recommend this job.

I hope this review helps somebody out.

By the way, at the time of my employment this location was outbound sales.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Unsympathetic managers
Typical day at Iqor
Senior Solution Specialist (Former Employee) –  North York, ON8 March 2017
Not a bad place to work intially. pay increase after training. helpful managers and team members on the floor. but a lot of sales knowledge needed in order to suceed.

Tells you room for improvement but just finds ways to let you go after a while.

Very strict policies. make sales or go home.
Pros
competetive pay.
Cons
long hours, cant choose shift, high stress.
ok company
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ON13 February 2017
Needs more trainers not very experience or team leads needs to have more people skills mangers are rude and talk to you like they want to . I think bell should find a other third [arty to do the job
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at iQor. Our community is ready to answer.