Ipsos

Ipsos Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It can be fun if you are "chosen" by the management
Research Manager (Current Employee), TorontoJuly 18, 2012
Pros: fun if you are the chosed ones (some term it as "the selected")
Cons: workload is way too much
Ipsos' culture at work can be extremely buraucratic.

In general, researchers tend to be intelligent, intellectual and down-to-earth and adversive to office politics. However, the team at Ipsos is outrageously political and divided by "the chosen ones" vs the not. The chosen ones enjoy all the attention while the non-chosen ones will just look from – more... the outside in being totally ignored by the management, and it just feels miserable.

Workload is way too much with 10-20 hours of overtime a week as the norm. – less

News – October 20, 2012

Hi, I am about to join the Toronto Team, and when I read your comment I got very concerned. Can you tell me more about the overtime load, and the chosen ones? Thanks so much!

Hanan – March 20, 2013

I want to know how long do Ipsos take for looking to find the suitable candidate to fill a position. I applied for the data analyst - montreal from 20 days ago and until now the post is advertised on their web page. I am interested for this post I believe that my study and my experience would make me a strong candidate.

it was a very good experience with them
call center (Former Employee), sharjahApril 8, 2014
Pros: free launch only .. that's it
Cons: saturday wasn't off
i reach there around like 7.30 AM .. i get ready & start calling starting from 8.00 till 4.00
i leaned how to be a good listener & how to deal with difficult customers
they were very nice & good
they were somehow good nice & polite
deadlines
the idea that i've became a responsible guy .. not like before
Excellent versatility, teamwork and customer service skills with experience from the international and multinational companies.
Media Client Servicing Executive (Current Employee), DubaiApril 4, 2014
My main role with Ipsos MediaCT is providing it with services to clients in the media sector: advertising agencies, media representatives..., And training users on Media softwares such as Statex, X/Zplan, Tabx..
Ipsos (note the "SOS")
Support Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 1, 2014
Pros: free bagels on friday
Cons: too many to list.
I've never in my life encountered a group of individuals with as little responsibility and drive for results in my professional life than I have during my time at Ipsos. A typical day could be comprised of receiving passive-aggressive emails, sticky notes, etc from your colleagues or simply just staring out the windows hoping for the second coming of – more... Christ to come and smite you. While the people on a personal level are kind, collectively there is no group-mentality, no feeling that you're on the same team, working toward the same goals. That probably has a lot to do with the lack of direction from upper management. There are virtually no processes clearly outlined and there seems to be no desire from leadership to make that a reality. The employee turn-over rates are astronomical and it's obvious as to why if you spend more than a week with this company. Do yourself a favor and find a company willing to invest as much in you, as you are investing in it. – less
Best job for someone right out of college
Contract Consultant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2014
Pros: hard to keep your work life and real life separate. they start to merge
Cons: none.
Ipsos is a great company to work for directly out of college. They ask you to put on many hats and they give you an opportunity to feel around for what you really want to do in your career.
Intelligent company
Junior Project Manager/Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), 北京市, C22March 14, 2014
They only employ the best. A lot of expectations of its employees but they pay well and support their staff.
Productive, fun and professional environment.
Field Manager (Former Employee), Clarens, FSFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: allowances
Cons: long hours
The organization is pleasant to work at. A productive, fun and profession place with competent individuals heading the company.
In need of good managment
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Chicago ILFebruary 10, 2014
Managment there don't know well their employees and therefore cannot value their work
Fun
Project supervisor (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: gifts or half day on your birthday
Cons: overtime
Good communication skill.Time management and interacting with people in a good manner
Fun co-workers.
Marketing Data Specialist (Former Employee), Port Washington, NYJanuary 10, 2014
Learned a lot from working here. Created good work ethnics,
Fun Company
At Home Interviewer (Former Employee), ManitobaDecember 26, 2013
This was a great Company to work for. I hope to find a job at another Virtual Call Center that is just as great!
Very enjoyable work place
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Newport News, VANovember 11, 2013
reviewing paper script to match with job specification and then match with on line script monitor interviewers and motoring supervisors for constancy with job specs. I went from a telephone interviewer to a shift supervisor. My co-workers were like family. Management was great they were always there to help when you needed it. The hardest part was when – more... they closed the center and moved it to Canada. The best part was working with a group of people that were like family. – less
Amazing place to work and learn
Management Trainee - Qualitative Research (Former Employee), New Delhi, DLSeptember 1, 2013
The company makes sure that you start the learning process from Day 0. The team culture is very well integrated and emphasized upon. A person can build on various skills while working at Ipsos. There is open interactions at all levels within the company. The only downside being that the company does not acknowledge an individual having a life outside – more... work which can be hard at times! – less
Free work environment.
Assistant Data Processing Executive (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHAugust 28, 2013
I have learned time management.Co-workers are really cooperative.
Everyday is enjoyable. I enjoyed that job.
Productive and fun workplace
cording personnel and Field assistant (Current Employee), NairobiAugust 22, 2013
Pros: free lunches at times and breaktime tea with snacks
Cons: short breaks
My day comprises of checking emails and doing any other delegated duties. I learned on professionalism, work/life balance and how to relate with employees and clients. The management was really organized and one could easily be assisted without complaints or favoritism. My co-workers are amazing, fun to be with understanding and would work with them – more... any day all year. The hardest part of the job was slow internet and having to meet deadlines which was challenging but worth it. The fun part of my day was learning how to resolve a challenge and actually resolving it therefore helping people and having a new experience. – less
terrible upper management, low pay, high stress, long hours
Team Leader (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 30, 2013
Cons: everything
used to be a great place, last few years have been focused on quantity over quality. most departments are now placed in other countries and everyone is over worked.
Productive and fast pace environment. Diversity in work projects. Challenging and a great learning experience.
Office Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 10, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedules as needed, summer hours, paid holidays, sick days, and 4 weeks paid vacation, friday breakfasts, medical and commuter flex spend account, close knit family orientated colleagues.
Cons: an hour and a half commute when the trains are on schedule.
A typical day at work consists of handling all expected and unexpected needs from staff and facility. Assist where/when needed for 450 plus people. I am also responsible for the occupancy budget and handle every aspect of office/facilities responsibilities. I have moved/consolidated offices due to acquisitions and manage office buildouts as needed. – more... I learned how to handle many different personalities, including difficult people, and expanded my office management experience by dealing with companies in 90 countries. I have also had the pleasure to assist 40 plus offices in training and reduction in costs across the US and Canada. My colleagues consist of highly educated people who are from all parts of the globe. By working for a global wide company I have learned about many different countries and what is needed for international travel. The hardest part of my job is also the most enjoyable for me, and that is handling emergencies as they arise, finding ways to improve/streamline processes, reduce waste, and find more cost efficient ways to enhance the company. – less
Silo Business Structure
Director, Market Intelligence (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 27, 2013
While Ipsos is a good organization to work for, one must be prepared to be "silo'ed" away.

The business of research is silo'ed by research type -Satisfaction Group doing only satisfaction work for example. Then further silo'ed into industry - only working with travel companies. So prepare for work to get "stale" quick.
4th Largest Market Research Company
Director (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 27, 2013
A full service agency with broad methodological experience and dynamic solutions.
The best place to learn all kind of market research techniques
International project manager (Current Employee), Santo Domingo, PRJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: learning a lot.
Cons: hard working. demands a lot of effort.
Ipsos is the third biggest market research company worldwide. That kind of says it all.
Its massive portfolio allows to provide its clients with the best products and services, and that guarantees that they are always satisfied.
Working at Ipsos is a very fulfilling experience.

1 2 3

About Ipsos

What do consumers think? Ipsos knows. A leading international market research firm, Ipsos helps its clients test and evaluate – Read more