Ipsos Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Team
Database Specialist - Maternity Leave Contract (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 18, 2015
I really enjoyed my time working at Ipsos mostly due to the great work environment and fantastic team that I got to be a part of. I found the other employees very professional but also quick to joke around have a good time while meeting goals at work. It was, for the most part, a really positive and supportive work environment.
Calming atmosphere
Market Research (Former Employee), Winnipeg MB CanadaOctober 15, 2015
Nice comfortable workplace. You don't have to stand all day and between calls you can doodle and read or even do your homework if your in school. The only hardship is getting surveys done. In the beginning, it was hard but after a while I got the hang of it.
Enjoyed Working Here
Telephone Survey Interviewer (Former Employee), Winnipeg,MBSeptember 30, 2015
Pros: Lots of incentives, great training
Cons: Inconstant hours, Some negative attitudes
A great place to work but management and some of the long time employees were a bit snooty. Well run, great scripts and when there was work it came on hard but when it slowed down you were lucky if you got 4 hours a week. I stayed there a year before I decide to go back to college
Productive and fun place to work.
Market Research Interviewer (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 26, 2015
Pros: fun activities such as raffles and prizes
Cons: hours can be cut due to work shortage
Great work place environment. Team Leaders are very supportive and encouraging based on monitoring and team work ethic.
Training is excellent. There is continuous learning and room to grow in the centre.
no room for self development
research analyst (Former Employee), torontoSeptember 23, 2015
management is not good. i feel that they do not care about the well being of their employees. very lil room for self development.
Decent and comfortable work place
Market Research Coder (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 3, 2015
Pros: good work environment
Cons: salary
Classify and code verbatim in the assigned project and managing time while handling multiple projects at the same time helping the team as a whole during critical projects. Took part in the advancement projects
Straight work and nothing else
Market Research Interviewer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 11, 2014
It was just work and nothing else. After a while the work becomes boring.
Fun Company
At Home Interviewer (Former Employee), ManitobaDecember 26, 2013
This was a great Company to work for. I hope to find a job at another Virtual Call Center that is just as great!
not a good experience (Toronto)
Senior Research Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: some very intelligent colleagues, good financial compensation
Cons: unsustainable work-life imbalance
Senior management has no genuine concern for work-life balance. They also foster a competitive environment by putting a revenue target on everyone's head, so there is a disincentive for cross-team work sharing ('cause you don't want to give another team "your" billable hours). And achieving the revenue target (which you need to do to keep your job) leads to grotesque hours.

Sometimes when a company seems to have lots of jobs available it's because they are growing rapidly. Sometimes its because they are a "factory" and they churn staff. Guess which the Toronto office of IPSOS is?
It can be fun if you are "chosen" by the management
Research Manager (Current Employee), TorontoJuly 18, 2012
Pros: fun if you are the chosed ones (some term it as "the selected")
Cons: workload is way too much
Ipsos' culture at work can be extremely buraucratic.

In general, researchers tend to be intelligent, intellectual and down-to-earth and adversive to office politics. However, the team at Ipsos is outrageously political and divided by "the chosen ones" vs the not. The chosen ones enjoy all the attention while the non-chosen ones will just look from the outside in being totally ignored by the management, and it just feels miserable.

Workload is way too much with 10-20 hours of overtime a week as the norm.

October 20, 2012

Hi, I am about to join the Toronto Team, and when I read your comment I got very concerned. Can you tell me more about the overtime load, and the chosen ones? Thanks so much!

March 20, 2013

I want to know how long do Ipsos take for looking to find the suitable candidate to fill a position. I applied for the data analyst - montreal from 20 days ago and until now the post is advertised on their web page. I am interested for this post I believe that my study and my experience would make me a strong candidate.