Ipsos Employee Reviews

'twas the worst of times, 'twas the best of times
Survey Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 August 2017
An ideal job for wanting to earn an extra income. Good for students, retirees and those needing to gain some work experience to put on a resume.
Due to the nature of the job, it is very limiting in building skills. You are not using Word, Excel or other MS office programs. You cannot use the internet unless it is required for a job related program.
There is excessive micromanaging but it's in the form of training.
To stave off boredom in between calls you're allowed to do light leisurely activities, like crossword puzzle, as long as it's not affecting your scores and work.
The amount of typing you do is minimal and only when there are open-ended responses. However, you do have to be able to type as someone is speaking and record their answers word for word. Paraphrasing isn't usually allowed unless instructed.
Ipsos is all about pleasing the clients. The clients have run of the surveys, and may even be allowed to control our work ethics and work culture. Sometimes even the client is monitoring the surveys and individual calls. This can be stressful and intimidating.
The dress code is work-casual. No need for a fancy, formal wardrobe and no uniforms to have to wash every other day. Good for those who have to pay for laundry services.
It's a heavily sedentary job. Good for those who have health or mobility limitations. But health can decline for those who need the physical activity.
Everyone works from the bottom up. All hiring for positions above survey interviewer is done inside the company. There is room for growth, you just have to make sure your scores are
  more... up and take advantage when a spot opens. You don't have to wait too long. People have gotten promotions just a few months into their starting job.  less
Pros
choose your shifts/hours, chance to add hours, 500 hour reviews, continuous training, no selling, bi-weekly pay period, direct deposits, no commission.
Cons
no bonus', incentives have gotten stingy, when work slows hours are cut, the job can be stressful, hours are mainly part time resulting in low pay, evenings and weekends, not an ideal job for parents, too much office politics, respondents can be abusive. not enough skills gained for other office jobs such as MS Word, Excel
Overall a great company but a roll of the dice where you end up
Research Analyst, Loyalty Division (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 July 2017
I was very happy to find a job with a world leading market research company like Ipsos but in the end it just wasn't a great fit.

While there are lots of interesting things going on in the company you will be dropped into a team and department on day 1 and struggle to ever get out, though it is not impossible. I found myself doing extremely dull work day in and day out with multiple supervisors and lines of communication, as well as processes that changed every month. The work I did was always abstract and needlessly complicated but I never got to directly apply or present it with the client so pretty unrewarding.

The company tries to liven things up with events and takes care of its employees well. Unfortunately, there is just no getting around being in a dull position with nice but often very dull people.
Can be a fun,busy day at work.
Survey Assisstant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 April 2017
A busy day working on computer surveys and dealing with clients. Most days were stressful and employees learned to deal with the stress and burnout from repetition. Hardest part of the job was keeping your tongue schooled and temper cool. We had some problems dealing with people who swore at the surveyors and threatened them. It was not in the job description but you learned to deal with these people and moved on.
I enjoyed conducting the polls and surveys and talking to people during the survey.
Pros
Staff training was good and challenging. It needed to be tough and to the point and it was.
Cons
A simple job that was not so simple to carry out.
Low pay - Poor management - Bad vibe
Interviewer - Bilingual Market Research (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 April 2017
This is not the right place if you would like to job advancement, get paid to live or to remain sane.

I worked here as a student which was alright because of the flexible hours, however, in the end it is not worth it. The atmosphere has become very negative with the recent change in management. The job is boring an repetitive.

The hours are low and extremely unreliable and they often cancel you last-minute or send you home in order to save hours. You will probably need a second job if you are looking life-sustaining work.

The Team Leaders are great, but seem overworked and stressed by management. Even they get sent home early to save hours!

If you are considering doing this job, make sure you make friends at work, have a second job or something, because otherwise, this place is not healthy longterm.

Otherwise, for your own sake, look for something else.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Very low and unreliable hours, last minute cancellations, low pay, low pay increases, poor and condescending management, downsizing
Ok but longer than that dont find a career there
Bilingual Market Research Coder (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 March 2017
Cheap company, bad management, workplace vibe awful, favoritism, hours cut no care of people struggling for money. No chance of advancement, sneaky management. They're rude and condescending.
Cons
unpaid vacation, hours cut, bad management
ipsos
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2016
It was a great experience. I met friends there. It is good to have while going to school. I would recommend to other young people.
Good Company
Call Center Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 May 2016
they are a good company who try to help their staff succeed at what they are doing. they support their staff to make sure they are doing the best they can.
Good job
Interviewer Call Center (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 March 2016
Good job about this company good way of work
the dynamic is very good.
Nice team work.
I just wish the salary was better.
nothing more to add...
Very satisfying work area with nice colleagues
Senior Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 March 2016
When I joined Ipsos, I found this company as a great opportunity to find lots of good friends, a place where I can enjoy my collaboration along with wonderful challenges.
fun work place
inerviewer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 February 2016
working at ipsos is a good experience flexible hours ipsos is well managed and it is a fairly relaxed environment but serious at the same time.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low salarie
Survey Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 January 2016
Personally did not like the work place, but the mental health support from the company was good. Was not happy about mandatory weekend shifts, and late hours.
Great Team
Database Specialist - Maternity Leave Contract (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 November 2015
I really enjoyed my time working at Ipsos mostly due to the great work environment and fantastic team that I got to be a part of. I found the other employees very professional but also quick to joke around have a good time while meeting goals at work. It was, for the most part, a really positive and supportive work environment.
Friendly outgoing staff, and a consistent work environment.
Market Researcher (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 October 2015
Working at Ipsos Direct was my first experience working with other people. Cold calling clients for the purpose of gaining market research information was the main task of this role. The work was fairly straight forward as tasks were distributed fairly and staff were briefed on the surveys and locations beforehand.

Co-workers were sometimes young and immature as it was an entry level position, although management seem to handle this well. The turnover rate was quite high.

The most difficult part of the job were clients acting in ways that were not always respectful, although due to the training given it became second nature on how to handle clients professionally and with respect.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the constant interaction with others and being able to speak with people about their opinions and views for the purpose of gaining research. It was an interesting position and I look back on it positively.
Pros
Flexible hours. Friendly Staff
Cons
Reptitive work
Calming atmosphere
Market Research (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg MB Canada15 October 2015
Nice comfortable workplace. You don't have to stand all day and between calls you can doodle and read or even do your homework if your in school. The only hardship is getting surveys done. In the beginning, it was hard but after a while I got the hang of it.
Enjoyed Working Here
Telephone Survey Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg,MB30 September 2015
A great place to work but management and some of the long time employees were a bit snooty. Well run, great scripts and when there was work it came on hard but when it slowed down you were lucky if you got 4 hours a week. I stayed there a year before I decide to go back to college
Pros
Lots of incentives, great training
Cons
Inconstant hours, Some negative attitudes
Productive and fun place to work.
Market Research Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 September 2015
Great work place environment. Team Leaders are very supportive and encouraging based on monitoring and team work ethic.
Training is excellent. There is continuous learning and room to grow in the centre.
Pros
fun activities such as raffles and prizes
Cons
hours can be cut due to work shortage
no room for self development
research analyst (Former Employee) –  toronto23 September 2015
management is not good. i feel that they do not care about the well being of their employees. very lil room for self development.
Decent and comfortable work place
Market Research Coder (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 July 2015
Classify and code verbatim in the assigned project and managing time while handling multiple projects at the same time helping the team as a whole during critical projects. Took part in the advancement projects
Pros
good work environment
Cons
salary
Ipsos Direct
Représentante - Centre d'appel (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 February 2015
It was a great place to work , we conduct surveys across Canada and the united states we collected peoples opinions on different aspects that was occurring their sector .
Straight work and nothing else
Market Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2014
It was just work and nothing else. After a while the work becomes boring.