Ipsos

Ipsos Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun Company
At Home Interviewer (Former Employee), ManitobaDecember 26, 2013
This was a great Company to work for. I hope to find a job at another Virtual Call Center that is just as great!
not a good experience (Toronto)
Senior Research Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: some very intelligent colleagues, good financial compensation
Cons: unsustainable work-life imbalance
Senior management has no genuine concern for work-life balance. They also foster a competitive environment by putting a revenue target on everyone's head, so there is a disincentive for cross-team work sharing ('cause you don't want to give another team "your" billable hours). And achieving the revenue target (which you need to do to keep your job) – more... leads to grotesque hours.

Sometimes when a company seems to have lots of jobs available it's because they are growing rapidly. Sometimes its because they are a "factory" and they churn staff. Guess which the Toronto office of IPSOS is? – less
It can be fun if you are "chosen" by the management
Research Manager (Current Employee), TorontoJuly 18, 2012
Pros: fun if you are the chosed ones (some term it as "the selected")
Cons: workload is way too much
Ipsos' culture at work can be extremely buraucratic.

In general, researchers tend to be intelligent, intellectual and down-to-earth and adversive to office politics. However, the team at Ipsos is outrageously political and divided by "the chosen ones" vs the not. The chosen ones enjoy all the attention while the non-chosen ones will just look from – more... the outside in being totally ignored by the management, and it just feels miserable.

Workload is way too much with 10-20 hours of overtime a week as the norm. – less

October 20, 2012

Hi, I am about to join the Toronto Team, and when I read your comment I got very concerned. Can you tell me more about the overtime load, and the chosen ones? Thanks so much!

March 20, 2013

I want to know how long do Ipsos take for looking to find the suitable candidate to fill a position. I applied for the data analyst - montreal from 20 days ago and until now the post is advertised on their web page. I am interested for this post I believe that my study and my experience would make me a strong candidate.

Professional working environment
Interviewer (Current Employee), Fresno, CASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: free to choose our own seats
Cons: limited number of bathroom breaks
A typical day of work consists of doing survey with respondents over the phone and making sure I build a good rapport with them. I have to build the respondent's trust and make sure they are comfortable answering the questions.

At Ipsos, I've learned a lot about the multiple clients and the type of work that they do. It helps to be the man behind the – more... scenes to know what it is that certain companies are doing to help their clients as well.

Management is constantly on the move making sure that everyone has numbers to dial and to help with any issues that have occurred throughout the shift.

Coworkers at this facility is very friendly and provide a multiple of personalities. Everyone is always aware of each other's personal space and are mindful of what we do.

The hardest part about working at Ipsos, is still maintaining good customer service to hard to handle respondents. Although it is definitely a challenge, I am more than able to rise to the challenge and maintain my composure.

Most enjoyable part of the day is getting a compliment from a Supervisor or Manager for the hard work that I've done. It's a great knowing that someone else see's my hard work. – less
Dynamic, challenging
Marketing Analyst (Former Employee), Caracas, ASeptember 9, 2014
The creation, execution and supervision of detailed market research reports, based on the customer needs. Focusing in trying to standardize the main drivers that shoppers have in mind when it comes to purchasing a certain product. Highlighting out any opportunity that the market presents and the customer can take advantage of it.
Call customer and check any update for research work and ask question for the customer
C- Data Entry & Handle with Customers (Former Employee), SharjahAugust 24, 2014
it was around more than one month work with Ipsos for more than one Project it need more Patience to handle with the customers
Great starting point in market research
Project manager (Current Employee), Brasov, BRJuly 24, 2014
It is a great place to start discovering the market research industry. Great challenges that expand your knowledge everyday.
Nice Starter Company for recent grads
Account Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 21, 2014
Compensation is below the industry norm but it makes up for it in work culture. Often referred to as a "boomerang" company because lots of people leave only to come back.
Very productive, always on the move, no time for play, buy enjoyable workplace
Tele Agent / consultant (Former Employee), Durban, ZNJune 20, 2014
Pros: no working on weekends or public holidays. we were closed for the christmas week
Cons: there was no recognition for the work you did, no motivation was given. no team building. you just did your work and that was that
We worked with a telephone and computer every day. We would phone respondents and go through questionnaires with them, no selling, just gathering information for market research purposes and typing answers into the computer. The reseach was fun to do and I learned a lot about customer satisfaction and how big companies make business decisions based – more... on our research. I also did mystery shopping, that's pretending to be a customer, to see what type of service places are giving customers
The company was managed well while we were Synovate, but then we were bought over by Ipsos and management became poor. My co-workers were all fantastic. We all got along well. I was called Trevor Noah because I was always telling jokes
The hardest part of the job was making quota, we had to do a certain amount of interviews a day. Some interviews lasted five minutes and some lasted about forty minutes to an hour. That was also hard, keeping respondents on the phone for so long. If they did not want to continue you lost the interview and the money you would have received for completing the interview
The most enjoyable part of the job was speaking with people over the phone. I love people and talking to them. I have spoken to thousands of people all over South Afrika telephonically during my sixteen and a half years at the company. Also, I loved the different research projects we worked on, we even phoned doctors for a project – less
Don't waste your time
Interviewer/Quality Assurance Lead (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJune 10, 2014
Pros: i'm not there anymore
Cons: pay, management, benefits
This job stresses people out more than they should. The only people who move up are the ones who are buddy buddy with management. They'll have a meeting about drugs and people coming to work on drugs, but won't enforce the rules on their friends who walk in reeking of pot. Instead they high five the guy. When the facility manager leaves after being – more... there for 2 hours, the remaining manager's professionalism goes out the door with him. Everyone who's not apart of the circle of friends feels the pressure of being an outcast. This is not a professional company by any means. They may act like it, but behind the scenes, they're just a bunch of ghetto morons who still believe they're in highschool. – less
Not very many redeemable qualities
Senior Research Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 19, 2014
- Lack of career path
- Poor work/life balance
- Some good people working there, mostly on the lower end of the totem pole, though
Self motivated and well organized
Panel Management Specialist (Former Employee), LebanonMay 14, 2014
Pros: 2 days off
Cons: long hours
I have received around 400 emails from panelist so I had to reply to all of them at the same date, I was under pressure with other duties also, This motivated me and encouraged me to give my best and my full time. I've learned that I have to simplify the situation, I don't have to limit myself, to think out of the box.
My co-workers were very satisfied – more... and were sure that they count on me and the best part was the result , to be ready for our panelists whenever they want. – less
A bureaucratic place
Account Manager (Former Employee), New YorkApril 29, 2014
It is a good place for college graduate to learn the basics of marketing research.
INSTABILITY IN JOB CODE OF CONDUCT, WHICH CHANGES DAILY
CALL CENTRE MARKET RESEARCH CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee), Durban, ZNApril 28, 2014
MONOTONUOS,NO ROOM FOR GROWTH AND NOT STIMULATING ENOUGH FOR MY CHARACTER. NOT MOTIVATING AND CHALLENGING FOR ME
it was a very good experience with them
call center (Former Employee), sharjahApril 8, 2014
Pros: free launch only .. that's it
Cons: saturday wasn't off
i reach there around like 7.30 AM .. i get ready & start calling starting from 8.00 till 4.00
i leaned how to be a good listener & how to deal with difficult customers
they were very nice & good
they were somehow good nice & polite
deadlines
the idea that i've became a responsible guy .. not like before
Excellent versatility, teamwork and customer service skills with experience from the international and multinational companies.
Media Client Servicing Executive (Current Employee), DubaiApril 4, 2014
My main role with Ipsos MediaCT is providing it with services to clients in the media sector: advertising agencies, media representatives..., And training users on Media softwares such as Statex, X/Zplan, Tabx..
Ipsos (note the "SOS")
Support Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 1, 2014
Pros: free bagels on friday
Cons: too many to list.
I've never in my life encountered a group of individuals with as little responsibility and drive for results in my professional life than I have during my time at Ipsos. A typical day could be comprised of receiving passive-aggressive emails, sticky notes, etc from your colleagues or simply just staring out the windows hoping for the second coming of – more... Christ to come and smite you. While the people on a personal level are kind, collectively there is no group-mentality, no feeling that you're on the same team, working toward the same goals. That probably has a lot to do with the lack of direction from upper management. There are virtually no processes clearly outlined and there seems to be no desire from leadership to make that a reality. The employee turn-over rates are astronomical and it's obvious as to why if you spend more than a week with this company. Do yourself a favor and find a company willing to invest as much in you, as you are investing in it. – less
Best job for someone right out of college
Contract Consultant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2014
Pros: hard to keep your work life and real life separate. they start to merge
Cons: none.
Ipsos is a great company to work for directly out of college. They ask you to put on many hats and they give you an opportunity to feel around for what you really want to do in your career.
Intelligent company
Junior Project Manager/Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), 北京市, C22March 14, 2014
They only employ the best. A lot of expectations of its employees but they pay well and support their staff.
Productive, fun and professional environment.
Field Manager (Former Employee), Clarens, FSFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: allowances
Cons: long hours
The organization is pleasant to work at. A productive, fun and profession place with competent individuals heading the company.

1 2 3 4

About Ipsos

What do consumers think? Ipsos knows. A leading international market research firm, Ipsos helps its clients test and evaluate – Read more