Ipsos Reid Employee Reviews in Canada

Accepting work environment
Market Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 11, 2016
Ipsos Reid is a great company, they're very accepting, provides the help you need and very flexible with the hours. Hardest part of the job is saying the same interview the whole shift, but it's all a matter of perspective. Dealing with different people of different walks of life and different background is something that comes natural to me, and I treat each interview as unique.
Pros
Flexibility
Highly Demanding Industry
Print & Mail Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  300-160 Bloor Street East, Toronto, ON M4W 1B9February 7, 2016
Hours are from 9 to 5, but it was not uncommon to work later and longer hours including weekends, although average workweek was 40 hours it was typical to do 50 to 60 in week. Management was very strict and demanding, co-workers were great. The hardest part of job was the demands placed upon you and the best thing was when management recognized your accomplishments.
Pros
Co.workers
Cons
friendly atmosphere, great people but boring work.
Market Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 31, 2015
It's a nice job with good pay and opportunity to earn more but the job is repetitive, just doing the same over and over again, can be really exhausting. rate it a 3.5
Pros
Good pay, friendly people, flexible schedule
Cons
Too little vacation, hours can be little sometimes, repetitive and boring
Very interesting place to work.
Project Administrator /Accounting (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 16, 2015
Ipsos was a very interesting place to work.
My co-workers were very intelligent and we all worked well together.
All aspects of my job were challenging but exciting.
I learned all about global research at Ipsos.
A decent place to work in
interviewer (Former Employee) –  montreal,QCSeptember 29, 2015
It is a good environment to work in and my co-workers very were kind to work with. It interfered with my school because I used to go to evening school and they offered shifts during the evening so I couldn't add/replace shift. Overall, I had a good experience working there.
Pros
very nice co-workers
Cons
evening hours
Tedious work, but multicultural staff.
Market Researcher (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 29, 2015
Market research Interviewer duties included recording responses, probing, and clarifying to gather market research for clients.

Worked under pressure to reach team goals for incentives; each team had to earn a certain number of interviews and quality responses. This was determined by the QUAM (quality assurance monitor).

Completed data entry training for a minimum of 40 words per minute.

Sometimes surveys could be 45mins long and people would express their anger toward you over the phone.
Good place to build research chops.
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2015
Enjoyed working there for nearly 10 years. Management is accessible. Collegial environment. Nice people, smart, hard working, talented. Great teams to rub brains with! They do good research.

Work-life balance is not great - as is the case with most research agencies. On the flip side, there are play-opportunities with sports teams and events.The social committee works hard to create fun activities to follow serious work gatherings.

I have seen young researchers really blossom here and build a good set of research "chops". Some have moved on internationally (within and outside of Ipsos) and others have moved to other agencies and clients...others have stayed and built a good career internally.

I have good memories of my years spent here...and have made some great friends and professional contacts in the process. A good shop.
Pros
great place to learn and grow, fun, smart people, well known brand.
Cons
poor work-life balance
Intimidating Workplace
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 20, 2014
I liked working at Ipsos Reid, but the staff seemed to be stressed out all the time. The hours I worked were good, but it can be very tiring.
Productive enviroment
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Toronto,ONAugust 9, 2012
A typical day of work would consist of calling customers and asking them to do a survey and at the same time meeting a set goal within the team. I learned how to persuade Canadian residents to do the survey in a professional manner. Management was good they we're a little pushy on meeting the team goal. My co-workers were very friendly. The hardest part of the job was meeting the extremely high goal set. The most enjoyable part was the feeling after completing a successful survey.
Pros
incentives
Cons
hard to obtain team goals
Call centre Enviroment with Young Upbeat Managers
Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 30, 2012
I feel like the work place is very calm. Your main responsibility is conduction of surveys with absolutely no sales. I did not enjoy that so much. I feel like this is a good position for students. The hours of work are very flexible and your able to choose your own schedule.
Pros
employee rewards such as pizza lunches, pot lucks and 50/50 draws donations going to a charitable cause.
Cons
stress, outbound calling, sitting for long periods.
Fast-paced Work Environment
Market Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 14, 2012
Made outward calls and conducted interviews via telephone. I learned how to deal with obscene customers in a respectful manner. Worked on a team, and each team member was responsible to excel as best they could. The hardest part of the job was feeling I'd let my team down, when not meeting a quota on time, as not everyone wanted to be interviewed. I really enjoyed working as a team, and setting goals together.
Pros
advancement
Cons
not family-orientated