Ipsos Reid

Ipsos Reid Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to build research chops.
Vice President (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: great place to learn and grow, fun, smart people, well known brand.
Cons: poor work-life balance
Enjoyed working there for nearly 10 years. Management is accessible. Collegial environment. Nice people, smart, hard working, talented. Great teams to rub brains with! They do good research.

Work-life balance is not great - as is the case with most research agencies. On the flip side, there are play-opportunities with sports teams and events.The social committee works hard to create fun activities – more... to follow serious work gatherings.

I have seen young researchers really blossom here and build a good set of research "chops". Some have moved on internationally (within and outside of Ipsos) and others have moved to other agencies and clients...others have stayed and built a good career internally.

I have good memories of my years spent here...and have made some great friends and professional contacts in the process. A good shop. – less
Intimidating Workplace
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 20, 2014
I liked working at Ipsos Reid, but the staff seemed to be stressed out all the time. The hours I worked were good, but it can be very tiring.
Productive enviroment
Surveyor (Former Employee), Toronto,ONAugust 9, 2012
Pros: incentives
Cons: hard to obtain team goals
A typical day of work would consist of calling customers and asking them to do a survey and at the same time meeting a set goal within the team. I learned how to persuade Canadian residents to do the survey in a professional manner. Management was good they we're a little pushy on meeting the team goal. My co-workers were very friendly. The hardest part of the job was meeting the extremely high goal set. The most enjoyable part was the feeling after completing a successful survey.
Call centre Enviroment with Young Upbeat Managers
Research Interviewer (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 30, 2012
Pros: employee rewards such as pizza lunches, pot lucks and 50/50 draws donations going to a charitable cause.
Cons: stress, outbound calling, sitting for long periods.
I feel like the work place is very calm. Your main responsibility is conduction of surveys with absolutely no sales. I did not enjoy that so much. I feel like this is a good position for students. The hours of work are very flexible and your able to choose your own schedule.
Fast-paced Work Environment
Market Research Interviewer (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 14, 2012
Pros: advancement
Cons: not family-orientated
Made outward calls and conducted interviews via telephone. I learned how to deal with obscene customers in a respectful manner. Worked on a team, and each team member was responsible to excel as best they could. The hardest part of the job was feeling I'd let my team down, when not meeting a quota on time, as not everyone wanted to be interviewed. I really enjoyed working as a team, and setting goals together.