IPS

IPS Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Providing the best care in the North State to individuals with developmental disabilities!!!
Administrator (Current Employee), Redding, CAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: 8 straight hour shifts
Cons: no benefits, i.e. 401k, medical, vision, paid vacation, on-call 24/7
I manage a residential home for adults with developmental disabilities with a special interest in dual diagnoses and highly behavioral individuals. I manage all staffing schedules involved with the facility as well as provide training to all staff members to promote a smooth operating facility that remains in compliance with Ca. W & I Code Title 17 – more... & Title 22 of the Lanterman Act of 1970. A typical day consists of balancing Administration duties as well as direct care supervision of the individuals served. Not only were direct care supervision duties implemented but staff training was implemented as well. The hardest part of the job was matching the work schedule with all the staff's personal schedules, i.e. schooling, personal, and/or other professional requests. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the individuals grow by using the trainings implemented and gaining their own independence as well as working towards more normalization. – less
My favorite job
Operator since January 2011 for IPS wireline (Former Employee), North TexasJuly 27, 2014
Pros: bonus pay
Cons: ruin clothes alot
I loved running the crane and man lift plus i wired up all explosives
Only one problem
Driver (Former Employee), Grand Prairie,TxJune 18, 2014
Pros: nice people freindly enviroment.
Cons: not enough money.
Staff and management are friendly and willing to go the extra mile for there employes.The only reason I left was the lack of pay on contracts.The rates on the work they had was to low and they couldn't get any other contracts.
Productive and Educational Atmosphere
Special Education Assistant (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 21, 2014
Pros: recreational/charity
Cons: pay wage
I walk into work and follow my set schedule of classes that are in need of assistance specifically the special needs students, but also ordinary students as well. Throughout this semester I've learned patience and motivation in the process of helping High School students especially when preparing for test. The level of maturity begins to self motivate – more... the kids to study which makes my job easier and worth it. A student who wants to learn will learn even through life hardships. The hardest part about my job would be students who don't have the mindset or motivation to learn, but rather waste time and don't look at they're future well being. – less
great pay but no job security
CREW CHIEF (Current Employee), OhioMay 8, 2014
Typical pipeline work with long hours and 6 days a week. In charge of crews of 2 or more people and also responsible for turning in data via email daily, planning the days or weeks work, and also planning the safest way to get the job done with the hazards that we will encounter on the job site everyday
good experience
Security Guard (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 1, 2014
productive employment. great environment. nice co workers
Urology Revenue Cycle
Billing & Coding/ Insurance (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 12, 2014
Entered charges, followed up on claims, denials, pre-certifications.
Challenging and Rewarding Work Experience
Title I Nonpublic School Teacher (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: good benefits, peer collaboration, no weekend or holiday hours, awesome opportunities to interact with the community
Cons: growth and security are uncertain
A typical day is fast-paced and student-centered. Meetings, breaks, and peer conversations are all used to plan for student achievement, and every moment is used to its maximum potential. I learned to be even more organized, flexible, and efficient. I have also learned to engage parents in their child's education with a charisma I did not possess as – more... a first year teacher.

Working in IPS has its challenges. It is sometimes hard to balance the challenges of single parenthood while working the extra hours needed to provide my family with financial security and improve student success. However, finding out what makes a student click and watching the light bulb of understanding go off is an amazingly rewarding feeling.

Management is under construction right now, so it is an uncertain time right now. – less
Productive Workplace
Special Education Assistant (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: short day
Cons: good surroundings vary
I've learned patience, understanding of children, and the behavior issues of today.
teaching children
Kindergarten teacher (Former Employee), Ankara, TurkeyJanuary 30, 2014
energetic throughout the day
responding to each students needs
excellent team work
great management
chasing all the students at the same time
interacting with the students
fun
ADMINISTRATION CLERK (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: no free lunches
Cons: working long hours only on the last day of the month it was fun eventhough
only on month end when when we have to finish aall the work that came in that day.be yourself and be patient. best management ever in this world.best co-workers and supportive and loving people.best job ever.when they give one branch to sort.
great management always made me smile every morning and happy to have me working there
plastic grinder (Former Employee), El Dorado, KSJanuary 6, 2014
constantly moving and working, but very unorganized, almost got feet ran over by crazy forklift drivers, but still kept a positive attitude
it was hard
Installer Helper (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 9, 2013
Pros: free gatorade
Cons: short breaks
i did not like it,i really cant explain it.Its one of those things were you have try it
Productive and with a high output
Maintenance and Mailing Supervisor (Current Employee), Selby, GPNovember 14, 2013
Pros: my ability to learn on the job is a strong criteria.
Cons: unhealthy work enviroment.
IPS has been one of the best companies to work for, I've learned a lot from the different management styles and my co-workers.

The only hard part for me as when some doubts my ability to accomplish a set given task.

The business transitions I've been through has added on my ability to deal with a diversified environment.
Customer Service Assistant
Customer service Assistant (Former Employee), LondonNovember 12, 2013
Act as first point of contact to the organisational standard & delivering an excellent standard of customer service at all times

Performing all round office admin duties – faxing, photocopying, filing inputting data, answering incoming calls.
Learned a lot regarding resilience and getting things done.
Financial Clerk (Former Employee), Cape Town, WCNovember 7, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: too much drama and wannabe bosses.
preparation of external transfers,or preparation of salaries from clients. work was rotated on a three month basis. capturing of instructions and payment of salaries. also did other capturing on systems.
balancing was done at the end of the day. i learned how to be pro-active,solving mistakes and problems in department.
too many personalities,too many – more... levels of "bosses" to get the job done,everyone has an opinion of how things should be done. for me there should be clear instruction of how things should be done and handled as the company requires. the hardest part of the job to get people to work together and see things the same way. too many people who wanted to change things all the time,created chaos and more queries at the end of the day.
most enjoyable to get things done, finish a query or solve a problem. – less
Handover Suoervisor
Handover and Commissioning Supervisor (Former Employee), Arak- IranNovember 5, 2013
There are a lot of problems in hand over of huge projects. in that company I hade a very good back ground in designing handover project and we could hand over Arak(Iran) refinery to employer ( NIOEC)
IPS... Is it still there?
Manufacturing Manager (Former Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 26, 2013
Could have been a good Co. but no money to bad any good ideas
I will be surprised to see if this Co makes it much longer
Down to business while having fun
Shop Assistant (Former Employee), Williamsport PAOctober 14, 2013
Pros: lots of training, fun people to work with.
Cons: hour drive to work
Gas and Oil field industry, which was fun to work for. There was a lot to learn and lots of training. I did a lot of different positions within this job from shop assistant to office assistant to parts manager. Lack in production I was laid off.
Loved this job, loved the travel, different places, met lots of people
Sales (Former Employee), Arcadia, LASeptember 9, 2013
Pros: free lunches, taking customers out ot eat, events
Cons: hours on the road
routine sales calls
visit potential clients / companies
plan events
great management team

hardest part was hours on the road

most enjoyable was the obtaining new businesses to work with ours

1 2 3 4

About IPS

Alfred Padway was a CPCU with an independent insurance agency in Wisconsin when he moved to California. After a brief experience – Read more