Ipex Inc Employee Reviews

Easy, Repetitive, Numerical calculator.
Data Entry Clerk (Summer Student) (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBFebruary 23, 2016
A typical day at worked involved hundreds of spreadsheets to be input into Microsoft Excel. I learned that I do have a thing for working with numbers, felt like a human calculator. Management was amazing and never had any issues whatsoever, Co workers were great and made sure i knew exactly what the numbers ment that i was inputting, and were also open to let me learn more. The hardest part of the job was just how long the days were and how after you left work, numbers still ran through your mind, but the most enjoyable part of the day was seeing the large pile of finished spreadsheets.
Terrible place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 8, 2016
Management and people are a Joke ,they can switch your shift anytime ,hours are bad ,and it smells very bad chemicals,but people there are the worst 2 faced sheep,bottom feeding carp cockroachs
They would never survive at cuddys
Pros
Cons
Smells, Managment full of themselves
Terrible place with no advancement opportunities
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  London, ONNovember 6, 2015
Pros:

- More than minimum wage pay rate
- Steady hours (12 hour continental shift work)

Cons:

- Little to no advancement (unless you've been there 10+ years, or you're extremely high on the seniority list)
- Management does not care about employee well-being.
- Work load is extreme with very little time to rest.
- Other seasoned employees take advantage of new people, supervisors do not care.
- Little to zero chance of switching from night shift to day shift (unless you're high on the seniority list)
- Complete mental and physical exhaustion causes days off to seem not worth it.
Great company
Grinderman/ Extruder Operator (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCFebruary 24, 2016
This company has all of the perks in any manufacturing place. The employees are great, easy to get along with. the pace is manageable, they treat each employee like they mean something.
Pros
all the perks
Constant and busy workplace. (shift work) Line operating.
PVC extruding line operator (Former Employee) –  EdmontonNovember 6, 2014
Ipex is a constant flow of line operating for PVC pipeline, using line extruder's, general labour and basic machines such as ; forklifts & overhead cranes as well as hydrostatic testing of pressure piping.
Pros
good salary and benefits
Good place to work where I learned so many things and lot of opportunities in future.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, CanadaJuly 16, 2015
A typical day at work is hard with a lot of concentration and responsibility. I learned how to find a short cuts to do things more faster and more simpler. Management overall was pretty good. My co-workers were really nice persons, we had lot of fun together. The hardest part of the job is to work with a line speed, because smaller diameter pipes comes much faster than bigger size of pipe. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see our shift workers and work together with them.
Pros
Summer BBQ's
Cons
Dangerous work with very heavy stuff.
A very stressful work environment
Management Systems Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto and MontrealDecember 17, 2013
A work day consisted of 10 hour days and being on call 24/7. I learned a lot about Management Systems implimentation and auditing. Co-workers were great to work with. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the union and the most enjoyable part of the job was seing the systems I implimented showing dividens.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
Nice colleagues and great work envoirment
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  torontoJanuary 15, 2015
• Prepared, analyze and enter cash receipts into the A/R sub-ledger.
• Ensured cash receipt batches balance, and post to general ledger.
• Forwarded customer’s debit memos to collectors.
• Communicated with collectors or customers for back up on all deductions taken without supporting documents.
• Made appropriate AR adjustments, and copy to general accounting department.
• Prepared, analyze, and enter A-D payment.
• Sorted and prepare Cash receipts and adjustment folders.
• Processed all check refunds to clients, including corresponding AR adjustments
• Processed charge-backs of all unearned / unauthorized discounts.
• Archived cash receipts and adjustment batches.
• Filed credit reports into customer files.
A great job with enjoyable work.
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 29, 2014
I really enjoyed my time at Ipex. I only felt that management favored some over others and the supervisors were not fond of doing their job or doing it properly.
Very good work environment
Extruder operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 11, 2012
Knew nothing about the process of extrusion when i was hired, but left with lots of knowledge of the process.
Pros
very generous to employees
Cons
very hot in summer
learn alot
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  1055 wilton grove roadJanuary 23, 2014
Start as production operator and worked my way up thru the company into a supervisory position.The hardest part of the job was the long hrs and dealing with an older work force.
Pros
each day was different
Cons
pressure of the job
Fast Paced Environment
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 5, 2013
As a machine operator, we are responsible for inspecting and packing finished product into either boxes or crates. We learn to adapt to various parts and machines in order to be as efficient as possible.
ass. gérant
Aide opérateur (Former Employee) –  beauceMay 29, 2013
commencer par faire le tour du magasin avec le gérant et préparer le plan de travail pour la soiré,
diriger mes commis pour placer tout la commande chaque soir et tenir le magasin prêt pour le lendemain.