Career Opportunity for Senior Buyer
If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for health & wellness along with a commitment to excellence, we want YOU! Iovate is the maker of the MuscleTech, Six Star and Hydroxycut family of products and the leader in the sports nutrition, diet and health supplements industry!
Due to our rapid growth and our vision to be the #1 sports nutrition and diet supplement company in the world, our company has several career opportunities for passionate, hardworking, and dedicated individuals and we are looking for people like you to join our team!
- Issue purchase orders and material releases, ensuring accuracy of part information
- Procure packaging components from local and US suppliers
Issue, monitor and track vendor quotes to ensure competitive pricing, quality and service levels are met to ensure on-time delivery to meet production schedules.
- Issue, review and analyze RFQ’s for Packaging Components
- Supplier selection
- Deal with all supplier delivery, quality and pricing issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Month-end reporting
- Participate in on-going priority project meetings with Project Management, ensuring all components are delivered as required to meet aggressive launch timing.
- Work closely with our Product Development and Production Teams
- Review exception reports to monitor material requirements and to execute change orders accordingly
- Track shipments with internal Logistics department
- Ensure all PO's are closed accurately and resolve/reconcile invoices issues
- Adhere to and follow all Standard Operation Practices (SOP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), as well as WHIMS
- Work with co-manufacturers to ensure packaging in on hand at co-manufacturer in advance of production schedule
- Resolve any packaging quality issues
- Work with Brand and suppliers to source new packaging requests
- Post-Secondary Education in related field
- Minimum 5 years of related experience preferably within a consumer packaged goods environment
- SCMP certification or working towards an asset
- Analytical and data management skills
- Proactive and able to continuously manage change in an extremely fast paced, energetic work environment
- Outstanding communication and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite
Located in Oakville, Ontario, Canada we offer a dynamic, progressive, team based environment. We have on-site premium fitness facilities and encourage a healthy lifestyle. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to grow with us. For further information please visit us at www.iovate.com.
We are interested in learning more about you and appreciate you taking the time to apply in confidence. If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation in order to successfully submit an application, please email us to make your accommodation request.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer.