Investors Group Employee Reviews in Canada

wholesome career
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  toronto, onNovember 8, 2014
-make your own hours
-ability to work from home or office or coffee shop etc
-working your own business in a sense
-challenging
-not tedious or repetitive
-you can help people in the biggest way
-weekly training sessions
-always something new to learn
-help from directors and specialists if needed
-someones always there to answer your questions
Pros
continuous training and seminars, large support group
Fun Work Place and supportive environment
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2014
- Great Corp Culture
- Great Supportive and continous learning programs/systems
- Friendly and helpful co-workers
Pros
good supportive system
Cons
low/no security
Nice Culture
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  montrealOctober 23, 2014
Nice Colleague
Devoted Trainer
Comprehensive product and training services
Canadian position
Region Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, ON, CANADAOctober 22, 2014
Loved working here and would have been there until I retired had I not returned back to the UK.
Pros
ongoing training and progression, benefits
Cons
located in canada
Great for the entrepenurial mind.
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Barrie, OntarioOctober 15, 2014
It gives you the freedom and flexibility to build your practice at your own pace.
Pros
culture/training
Cons
comission only
Friendly Atmosphere
Temporary Positions through Pal Personnel (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioOctober 9, 2014
As this was a temporary position at Investors Group, my main role was to forward calls and generally assist staff with any requests.

Overall, the staff were very friendly and helpful.
Good Organisation to get relevant experience
Intern Personal Financial Planner (Current Employee) –  North York, ONOctober 9, 2014
I am an intern in the Investors group, healthy work environment, helpful people, good experience to perform financial concept in a practical world.
Productive and eclectic job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 29, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of my coming into work and start on checking up on the scheduled meetings to be sure all of them for the day are set and good to go. Some days I have conference calls to create more meetings for the merger project that my team is working on. Managing my co-workers meetings around their schedules is one of the more challenging parts of my job but it's also one of the most enjoyable parts. I love the challenge. I also would have
Pros
one of my bosses likes to bake and brings in lots of extras!!
Cons
one of my bosses has very poor email/communication skills.
Excellent training and management challenges consultants to be independent
Independent Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 22, 2014
This job requires a personality that is organized, independent and persevering. At a day to day basis, the job requires you to be up and about and in a constant lookout for new people to network to. It requires you to be in front of plenty people so it helps if you have a good relationship building skills.

Organization skills is very significant because at the beginning you will be compelled to do your own networking initiatives, setting up meetings and talking to the client. Paperwork and business submissions will be your responsibility as well but your manager should be able to help you go through most of the procedures that are required to follow.

The hardest part about this job is the constant worry that you will have since it is a 100% commission with only a little support given by the company if you acquire clients and achieve a certain amount of business transactions with them.
Pros
free control of your time, complete flexibility in terms of work effort and compensation
Cons
constant worry about the income especially at the "take-off" stage
Great career position
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat AlbertaAugust 19, 2014
A typical day at Investor's Group consisted of great multi-tasking skills. I ran the front of the office and processed many legal and important documents for consultants. I met my manager only once as the Division Office is located in Lethbridge. The hardest part of the job was working with a team that did not make me feel like a part of the team. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday, As well as being my own supervisor.
Pros
being your own supervisor
Cons
not enough training
Investors has a great work, life balance for their employees
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONAugust 16, 2014
I have had the pleasure to work with and met so many good honest people working for Investors Group. The company itself ensures their employees are happy in their environment which in turn has a positive direct impact on their clientele.
It was first job
Associate for Financial Security Advisor (Former Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QCAugust 14, 2014
I enjoyed but it was just something to get experience. Lastet 6 months
productive place of work
Financial Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 11, 2014
Investor's group is large organization and is productive place of work
Great learning experince
Administrative Assistant/Recruiter/Marketing (Former Employee) –  ScarboroughJune 25, 2014
Typical day - working on research for updating the doctors lists for potential clients. Recruiting for the my boss to enhance his business and to grow his company.

Learned- I have learned ways to invest wisely and how to invest money properly.

Management -Management was okay they really didn't know what they had in mind when hiring people.

Co-workers- Co-workers were okay shared a lot of personal information to other that was not necessary. Lack of communication for business related issues.

Hardest part of the job-The hardest part of the job was at times managing all consultants that were new and keeping on track.

Enjoyable - The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and having flexible hours.
Pros
flexible with hours
Cons
no growth with in the practice
Good pay
Region Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto ONJune 4, 2014
37.5 hours per week
Lots of corporate e-mails
Lots of changes to policies
Productive and Fun workplace
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 29, 2014
Great company to work for, Great product, poor compensation plan.
Pros
the ability to grow your salary to any level
Cons
responsible for all your expenses
Good Sales Experience
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Windsor OntarioMay 20, 2014
Had some great times, met some wonderful people and enjoyed developing savings strategies for many people. It just isnt what I was meant to do.

Lots of hype from management with little delivery. Was given trophies and invited to fancy lunches but not at all worth my time.

Great experience though
Cons
1st year consultants have it hard
Good Environment
Assistant Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 14, 2014
Not much room for upward mobility, but a great place to start working
Fun & Relaxed Atmosphere
Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 6, 2014
Clearly presented financial planning models to small businesses with senior managers. Delivered 10 new clients by effectively communicating through cold-call marketing. Organized office contracts, receipts and other significant financial planning documents
The company is basically a sales and customer service company. It is one the biggest in Manila, Philippines.
Financial Consultant/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  CalgaryApril 18, 2014
They say, if you can make it in RGV Real Estate Centre Inc, you can make it anywhere. Work environment is fast pace and I was always under pressure. Nevertheless, the company provides formal training to improve my credentials and capabilities.

Most of my business and computer skills were acquired from my long years of service to this company. I left because I immigrated to Canada.
Pros
free formal training and exposure to the big time people in the industry
Cons
work environment can cause heart attack due to pressures