Investors Group Employee Reviews in Canada

They are in the business of selling fees not managing money professionaly
Senior Executive Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 16, 2015
100 percent commission. Can work for the right individual.
They are great at attracting people new to the industry.
Management and leadership is outdated and only care for the bottom line.
Investment selection is horrible and full of high fees.
Great learning experience
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 10, 2014
A typical day at work begins with checking and sending emails, reading the IG newsletters, every second day there was usually a training session then the rest of the day was prospecting to book meetings.

Management was fantastic and supportive.

Co-workers were great and everyone was happy in the low pressure environment.

The hardest part of the job was selling a life insurance policy only to see half of them turned down two weeks later due to the strict policies.

The most enjoyable part of the job was making connections.
Pros
excellent support & learning opportunity
Cons
weak commission structure when compared to competition
Great learning experince
Administrative Assistant/Recruiter/Marketing (Former Employee) –  ScarboroughJune 25, 2014
Typical day - working on research for updating the doctors lists for potential clients. Recruiting for the my boss to enhance his business and to grow his company.

Learned- I have learned ways to invest wisely and how to invest money properly.

Management -Management was okay they really didn't know what they had in mind when hiring people.

Co-workers- Co-workers were okay shared a lot of personal information to other that was not necessary. Lack of communication for business related issues.

Hardest part of the job-The hardest part of the job was at times managing all consultants that were new and keeping on track.

Enjoyable - The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and having flexible hours.
Pros
flexible with hours
Cons
no growth with in the practice
love to have a balance in life which will make me happy and productive
Client Service Administrator I (Current Employee) –  North YorkMarch 8, 2015
I love to work in an environment where I can be interact with clients and since I have an excellent customer service abilities I find that I should pursue my passion and desire to be able to do what I LOVE in life by assisting others through beautiful make up products and explaining to them how to apply and enjoy wearing such luxurious products.

I think since this is a passion I am bound to do excellent in selling products and adding to the over-all profit of the company.
Pros
have to have my one hour lunch break to clear my head
Cons
there are non that i can think of
Awesome
Assistant to Mortgage Specialist (Current Employee) –  Yonge and Sheppard, Toronto ONAugust 19, 2015
My exxperience at Investors Group has been amazing, however my current position doesnt hold enough hours for me to support myself.
Consultant
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 5, 2015
Reviewing current client accounts
Prospecting
Calls to set up appointments with prospects and clients
Completing appointments
Collecting personal financial information
Designing a financial plan for each client
Implementing the plans
Handle all aspects of financial planning such as
1. investments -
2. mortgages
3. debt consolidation
4. tax planning
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with couples to help achieve their financial goals. I enjoy when clients give me referrals to grow my business.
The hardest part of the job is prospecting clients and when prospects do not show up for appointments..
Pros
flexibility of hours
Cons
variability of income
Commissioned based position
Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, ONAugust 8, 2015
This opportunity works well for those who have the financial resources to support themselves through the business building phase.
Productive place with unlimited income
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 24, 2015
If you are strong and organized, you can make a lot of money in this business. It takes planning and thinking. The staff and the consultants are all professional and theyre very work and family oriented.
Pros
management always brings treats, fun socials
Cons
assistant pay
fun work place
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 28, 2012
My employer had never had an Executive assistant before; When hired I was informed I would be creating the role from scratch. After a short period of time I managed to not only reorganize his entire office but create a successful system for both of us to work together as a team; which ultimately boosted work productivity, efficiently and effectively.
With my organization and time management skills, the ability to delegate and prioritize effectively, I am successfully able to not only organize my own work productivity, but the productivity of those around me; in a positive high energy manner.
Excellent training, great support, respectful environment, endless learning
Consultant (Current Employee) –  TorontoJune 30, 2013
Day starts with training sessions in the mornings, various topics, sales techniques etc...We head to our meetings with clients where we try to help them out achieve their lond term goals. This job requires great self-discipline and management. The most enjoyable part of the job is the different new experience with each client, when you realize you had an impact on their lives. The hard part is dealing with objections and being very creative in trying to meet as many people as you can.
Pros
great support
Cons
commission based
Great company, best training
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCDecember 18, 2012
- Working with individuals and families, educating them based upon client-identified needs
- Assisted individuals and families to make the right decision
- problem solving

Helping client and placing the right policy and coverage for their best interest was the most enjoyable part of my job

The hardest part of the job is the fact being self-employed and not having an steady income.

Great management and friendly office enviroment
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
not having a steady income and paying office space and other expenses on monthly basis
Great yet Inconsistent
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 5, 2015
I learned a lot from the time I've been here about not just the industry but about the importance of proper time management and networking.

The most enjoyable part was meeting new clients and building relationships, the least enjoyable part was the instability in consistent commissions.
Pros
education
Cons
instability
asset management firm. spacious offices and great people
Human resource intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 13, 2015
i enjoyed working at Investors Group. I got to see how financial consultants work and how the manage their clients and guide them into a safe financial future. The workers at investors Group are friendly and ever ready to assist you with any help you need.The most enjoyable part is, you get to chat with colleagues at lunch time and share ideas from various backgrounds
Pros
the ability to go for lunch at your own time
Cons
longer hours of work
Easy place to work with great people.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown PEJanuary 25, 2013
assisted consultant in looking after the needs of the clients. processed orders, paperwork for all aspects of a client's portfolio, filing, typing, follow up, arranging appointments. co-workers were a big help in assisting with things unfamiliar to me. management was committed and very professional.most enjoyable part of the job was assisting clients with their many requests. the hardest part was not having enough work to fill a day.
Pros
flexible work schedule, great people, free coffee/snacks
Cons
not enough work
Love to learn, work well in a team. I bring alot of banking experiences
Bilingual Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  TorontoApril 10, 2014
A typical day at work, first i reply any urgent email. Follow up on any outstanding request with client and internal. Connect with potential client. make call to book meeting or attend meeting with new client. I learn what people are exicted about, cause i asked them what are your goals, dreams. What success means to them. The hardest part of my job is to find people who are willing to seat donw with me and show them what i do and how i can help them achieved their dreams financialy. I enjoyed when i put together a financial plan for a client, review it with them and see a smile on they face, cause now the have a plan in place they can look forward to achieve their goals.
Pros
meeting interesting people, family from different walk of life.
Cons
not meeting enough people to teach the value of a financial plan
Many perqs depending upon representative I worked for.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCNovember 11, 2013
Arrived before my boss every day. He had to work evenings meeting with clients.

I learned a great deal about investments, how to process the paperwork entailing many thousands of dollars.

The management of the company is very organized. My co-workers were excellent.

The hardest part of the job was cold calling.

My boss and I had a very productive relationship.
Pros
working toward the success of one person.
Cons
being dependent upon one person for employment.
A good experience where I had the chance to work with excellent people
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2015
During my experience at Investors Group I could improve my administration skills and immerse in a Canadian job atmosphere. It was a fantastic opportunity for me where I went an step up in my career.
Sales Culture and Incentivization
Financial Planner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2015
An interesting career with a lot to learn. Expect difficulties in your first years. Money can be made. If you are considering becoming a financial advisor speak with a financial advisor about what you can expect in your career.
A lot of stressed out workers
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Laval, QuebecJuly 14, 2012
Arrive at 7:30 am because I like to organize my day. Go over emails and make priority list. Make calls at 9am until 10am, go to appointments and, or make calls and do paperwork and make financial plans or do insurance papers. 4pm go home for supper, go to see clients at 5pm or make confirmation calls for the next day.
Pros
free, set own hours
Cons
long hours, $ not guaranteed
Productive and eclectic job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 29, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of my coming into work and start on checking up on the scheduled meetings to be sure all of them for the day are set and good to go. Some days I have conference calls to create more meetings for the merger project that my team is working on. Managing my co-workers meetings around their schedules is one of the more challenging parts of my job but it's also one of the most enjoyable parts. I love the challenge. I also would have
Pros
one of my bosses likes to bake and brings in lots of extras!!
Cons
one of my bosses has very poor email/communication skills.