Investors Group

Investors Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company, best training
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Victoria, BCDecember 18, 2012
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: not having a steady income and paying office space and other expenses on monthly basis
- Working with individuals and families, educating them based upon client-identified needs
- Assisted individuals and families to make the right decision
- problem solving

Helping client and placing the right policy and coverage for their best interest was the most enjoyable part of my job

The hardest part of the job is the fact being self-employed – more... and not having an steady income.

Great management and friendly office enviroment – less
amazing experience
Office Assistant/Telemarketer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 31, 2012
Pros: office job
Cons: not enough hours
typical day at work would be sitting at a desk making phone calls, confirming and booking appointments, etc.
what i learn is that i like to do administrative work and i like to work in a office environment a lot.
got along with co-workers
hardest part of the job was just sitting at my desk for long periods of time, but i'm not complaining.
enjoyable – more... part, all the different people i got to speak with and communicate with. – less
I enjoyed working in a friendly and productive atmosphere. Great people and team work.
Client Services Administrator (Former Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 23, 2012
Excellent working conditions and enjoyed meeting people who are clients and prospective clients.

Processing all applications, answering the phone and assisting clients were an important part of the job. The hardest part was handling the phones when busy and trying to do the data entry required.
Very Professional Environment, Access to many Professionals (Tax, Estate Planning, Portfolio Managers, Life Insurance), Consistently Learning, Support
Financial Consultant (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 18, 2012
Pros: i was my own boss.
Cons: the office was downtown in a city and required me to pay for parking.
While working at Investors Group, I found the atmosphere very professional and very supportive. The focus always remained on what was best for the client. In that regard, all of our professionals were ready to sit down with us at any point in time and talk client options with us.

It was an environment where you were constantly learning. Investors Group – more... would recruit various professionals to speak on different topics that would help you in dealing with your clients, teach you about new things within the industry and generally keep you up to date. This was done on almost a weekly basis.

A typical day at work would be to contact clients and service their accounts, prospect for new clients, build your network of professionals, completing paperwork, marketing your brand and ensuring that you remain remain compliant with the Securities Commission's requirements.

The most difficult part of the job was client prospecting. People are very guarded with their finances and generally stay loyal to their consultants. It is difficult to break through the skepticism and actually get them to focus on what could possibly be a more effective method within their portfolio. People do not like talking about their finances.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the clients and helping them achieve their financial goals. I loved working with their portfolios and implementing new methods to increase their cash flow, reduce their debt and help them save. – less
Client driven business
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Sault Ste. MarieOctober 10, 2012
Pros: decent pay
Cons: job security
Individual business, work flow steady, busy seasons, a lot of administration, finance background
Opens up your mind to opportunities, teaches you how to plan out for your future, and how to manage your money.
Mortgage/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 9, 2012
Pros: seminars and volunteering events
I love being at work for the fact that it makes my mind think one thing and the other; it keeps me busy and at the same time, it makes me do the right decisions. I have learned that if you wanted to become successful, you have to be around with successful people. This job placed a huge part in my life, where it allowed me to grow and think for my future.
Very hard working employees with great personalities and positive attitudes
Financial Consultant (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCOctober 5, 2012
I learned so much working for investors group. It was an experience I would go through again how ever it was not the lifestyle or career for me. They provided me with more support and efficienty than any other company. I learned work skills and habits with them that I will carry with me for the rest of my life.
Lots of support and training
Financial Consultant (Current Employee), St. Albert, ABSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: ongoing support and training; constant
Cons: not having a base salary and having a family to support
This job is challenging and it takes a unique personality to be successful. It also takes patience. I am in my first year and I am finding it hard to be patient as I build my practice. This job is financially awarding around the third year. I am in my initial year, and although I am doing well at prospecting, the deals don't always come consistently – more... as per your pay cheques. – less
Good Team
Investment Advisor (Current Employee), LavalSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: work independantly
Cons: long hours, out of your control
My day starts with cold-calling possible clients, fill up appointment booklets, make financial plans for clients. Speak to specialists about options.
Hardest part of the day is dealing with the fact that I am paid on commission and I pay for office space.
Most enjoyable is that I am helping people.
Great people to work with. Free Donuts. We were allowed to organize a putluck lunch.Went for lunch with co-workers.
Account Services Administrator (Former Employee), Winnipeg ManitobaSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: free coffee and donuts almost everyday
enteriny many applications
who, what and how different family members invested their money.
great
everything
office assistant for the financial consultant
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Richmond, BCAugust 29, 2012
Perform daily office tasks
-- Assist the manager to arrange schedules and meet clients
-- Arrange document and manage clients’ profiles
-- Call clients on various situations to help sales and services.
Investment funds sales and other financial assistance
Consultant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 13, 2012
Pros: helping people with their finances
Cons: difficult to develop business in the begining
Outside sales role requiring a lot of dedication and time, 100% commision
Review
Data Entry (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 6, 2012
Pros: we had lunches brought and at times supper when we worked ot
I enjoyed working at Investors Group, I liked working in the Mail Dept.
Sorting and Mailing the mail. I also wrapped packages and sent them out for Clients, from thier Consultants. I also did Data Entry entrying information from Clients, investing in RRSP'S, Mutual Funds.
etc. in February to April I worked alot of overtime where clients invested into – more... more RRSP'S. – less
Busy, large opportunity to do well, independent role.
Consultant (Former Employee), TorontoJuly 26, 2012
Pros: entrepreneurial environment, very independent.
Cons: unsteady pay
A typical day required prospecting for new clients, following up on existing client accounts and continuous marketing. I learned how the retail investment business functions and the various products involved in developing financial solutions for clients.
I found joy when I informed a client of a tool that was a available to them that truly help out – more... there current financial position. Whether it was consolidating to get a lower rate or simply taking advantage of the tax free savings account that they were unaware of. – less
Very fun place to work
Consultant (Current Employee), newmarketJuly 16, 2012
Pros: the ability to run your own company with tremedous help, having help at every corner, management is always there to help out
Cons: building client base
They provide a lot of training - you decide what training you would like to attend

Set your own work schedule

Having help anytime you need it
A lot of stressed out workers
Financial Consultant (Current Employee), Laval, QuebecJuly 14, 2012
Pros: free, set own hours
Cons: long hours, $ not guaranteed
Arrive at 7:30 am because I like to organize my day. Go over emails and make priority list. Make calls at 9am until 10am, go to appointments and, or make calls and do paperwork and make financial plans or do insurance papers. 4pm go home for supper, go to see clients at 5pm or make confirmation calls for the next day.
Members of management, staff and executive work in a friendly atmosphere and as a team.
Financial Advisor (Mutual Funds Representative) (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJune 25, 2012
Pros: there is always on-going training sessions to improve skills.
Cons: there is no base salary.
It is a nice organisation to work. All resources required and need are availble at a cost.
Great Place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaJune 13, 2012
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: not the greatest benefits
-Compliance; reviewing and flagging anomalies of divisional director’s team.
- Calendar scheduling and maintenance using Microsoft Outlook.
- Manage client database (in-house program).
- Maintain all Director and Consultant client files & bring forward items.
- Create and produce letters and documents using Microsoft Word and Excel.
Career Growth
Marketing and Event Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 1, 2012
Pros: supportive
Cons: commission based job
Great leaders with a positive attitude to team work. Learned about fixing meetings with clients, searching potential clients and turn them into profitable clients.
Great boss
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJune 1, 2012
Pros: great boss
Cons: not enough hours - only 1 day a week
file documentation
call clients for information
great work environment

About Investors Group

At Investors Group, we firmly believe that building long term relationships with clients is the best way to help them reach their – Read more

Investors Group Photos