Investors Group Employee Reviews

some sports or fun outing, lack of communication between colleagues. Never have the good environment as there are different division. Human nature.
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  calgary14 May 2015
Nothing is free and easy, work hard but must have result that will keep you going wherever you are. No right no wrong but is your choice.
Pros
sometimes free lunch
Cons
commission based
Very professional work place
Internship (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 February 2016
My co-workers always helped me. They taught me how I could search resumes and send recruiting e-mails to potential employees.
they have some great product, but unless you have large savings, you will go into debt
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON2 September 2015
You go into debt to work there, and you can barely get yourself out it. very few amount of people actually succeed. they do full financial plans ,which is nice, but it takes a long time to actually start making a significant amount of money to pay off the monthly fees, nevermind survive.
Pros
good product
Cons
lots of money to work there
Great Place
Financial Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2015
Great management team
Amazing sale advisors
Enjoyed meeting new people
Enjoyed travelling.
fun lace to work with great supportive management . the most enjoyable part of the work was working along side with my colleagues
Solid Foundation for a Canadian's guide to money
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 December 2015
Investors Group opened my eyes to the whole concept to managing finances. My role as a Financial Adviser was to help families plan their financial future, set goals and plan for the unexpected. Throughout the job, I gathered a lot of knowledge regarding taxation and how to make your money give you the best returns. A work day would typically consist to me servicing client investments and prospect new clients. I have learnt a lot of new ways to acquire new clients through hosting programs and events. I also managed a team that helped me gather new clients through tele-marketing. My co-workers were all wonderful and unique individuals. They conducted their schedule in different ways and there's a lot I have learnt being around such dynamic co-workers. Sometimes the hardest part of the job was to keep motivated and to stay on track during prospecting. Another hard yet rewarding process of the job was to manage the emotions of the clients during periods of market volatility. While it is a tough time, I took accountability and handled all the concerns which left them feeling calmer and more engaged about their financial portfolio.
Pros
So much information and resources readily available regarding money
Cons
emotional roller coaster at times
Great learning experince
Administrative Assistant/Recruiter/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Scarborough25 June 2014
Typical day - working on research for updating the doctors lists for potential clients. Recruiting for the my boss to enhance his business and to grow his company.

Learned- I have learned ways to invest wisely and how to invest money properly.

Management -Management was okay they really didn't know what they had in mind when hiring people.

Co-workers- Co-workers were okay shared a lot of personal information to other that was not necessary. Lack of communication for business related issues.

Hardest part of the job-The hardest part of the job was at times managing all consultants that were new and keeping on track.

Enjoyable - The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and having flexible hours.
Pros
Flexible with hours
Cons
No growth with in the practice
Tough Job
CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 December 2015
75% of consultants do not make it after the first year. Need a large network of supporters. If you ever end up leaving the company because you did not succeed. Prepare to PAY the company $$$ because you are likely to owe the company money.
friendly workplace
Financial consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 October 2015
Everything is OK with a company,takes time to earn some commission for new consultant's.
You learn with a senior advisers as much as you able to.
Good support,friendly environment. ,
Pros
good earnings potential, fun environment.
Cons
commission based, takes time to earn some money, 1-2 years
not much return for personal investment
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  British Columbia20 December 2015
Lack of support and training.
Misrepresentation about income and expenses
Expected to always put company above family needs
Very cutthroat in own office space amongst consultants.
Lack of leadership
Pros
not much
Cons
put your own money into company for none to little return
trade shows fun
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON12 January 2015
vey productive days
learned - all paper work and computer programs
they have awesome management very caring
co-workers are awesome team players
hardest part of job-getting clients
enjoyable part -knowing you have really helped someone
Pros
trips, meetings
Cons
long hours, slow during winter
Great learning experience
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2014
A typical day at work begins with checking and sending emails, reading the IG newsletters, every second day there was usually a training session then the rest of the day was prospecting to book meetings.

Management was fantastic and supportive.

Co-workers were great and everyone was happy in the low pressure environment.

The hardest part of the job was selling a life insurance policy only to see half of them turned down two weeks later due to the strict policies.

The most enjoyable part of the job was making connections.
Pros
Excellent support & learning opportunity
Cons
Weak commission structure when compared to competition
Typical Day
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 October 2015
I love the idea of my job. I do not enjoy the pay structure. Every day is a new challenge and every day I get to help people, which is what I love. The people in my office are great, the clients that I have brought on are great. The only thing that is not great is finding new clients and making money while doing everything in my power to do the right thing for them. That makes making money difficult and times are difficult enough already.
fun work place
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 May 2012
My employer had never had an Executive assistant before; When hired I was informed I would be creating the role from scratch. After a short period of time I managed to not only reorganize his entire office but create a successful system for both of us to work together as a team; which ultimately boosted work productivity, efficiently and effectively.
With my organization and time management skills, the ability to delegate and prioritize effectively, I am successfully able to not only organize my own work productivity, but the productivity of those around me; in a positive high energy manner.
Excellent training, great support, respectful environment, endless learning
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto30 June 2013
Day starts with training sessions in the mornings, various topics, sales techniques etc...We head to our meetings with clients where we try to help them out achieve their lond term goals. This job requires great self-discipline and management. The most enjoyable part of the job is the different new experience with each client, when you realize you had an impact on their lives. The hard part is dealing with objections and being very creative in trying to meet as many people as you can.
Pros
great support
Cons
commission based
Very good environment and no surprises. Good people.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON19 November 2015
Although this is a contract role for me I am very pleased with the environment and the outcome. I am doing this work part time. The terms of the contract are being adhered to and the advisor I work with is very fair and easy to work with. He really appreciates what I am doing for him.
Challenging with open opportunity
Consultant / Division Director Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 November 2015
working environment varies based on the people you works with. most of the surroundings are nice and helpful. it is very delightful. the training is very useful, you will have your eyes opened but networking is the thing that kills most of the consultant's confidence.
Fast paced and detail oriented role with a progressive investment company
Executive & Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC25 August 2015
As an assistant, you do not work as a direct employee of Investors Group, rather the individual consultant who is licensed through Investors Group. Therefore, the experience as an assistant is highly individual and dependent on your particular employer. That being said, Investors Group as a whole is a great place to learn and grow and is filled with a variety of skilled and interesting people.
Great company, best training
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC18 December 2012
- Working with individuals and families, educating them based upon client-identified needs
- Assisted individuals and families to make the right decision
- problem solving

Helping client and placing the right policy and coverage for their best interest was the most enjoyable part of my job

The hardest part of the job is the fact being self-employed and not having an steady income.

Great management and friendly office enviroment
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
not having a steady income and paying office space and other expenses on monthly basis
Easy place to work with great people.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown PE25 January 2013
assisted consultant in looking after the needs of the clients. processed orders, paperwork for all aspects of a client's portfolio, filing, typing, follow up, arranging appointments. co-workers were a big help in assisting with things unfamiliar to me. management was committed and very professional.most enjoyable part of the job was assisting clients with their many requests. the hardest part was not having enough work to fill a day.
Pros
flexible work schedule, great people, free coffee/snacks
Cons
not enough work
Application Analyst / Developer
Assistant Financial advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2015
Built and managed all application software for employee to support publishing products in daily. Performed DBA to design and implement database. (VB6, Oracle, Access, JSP, HTML)