Investors Group Employee Reviews

Fast paced and detail oriented role with a progressive investment company
Executive & Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC25 August 2015
As an assistant, you do not work as a direct employee of Investors Group, rather the individual consultant who is licensed through Investors Group. Therefore, the experience as an assistant is highly individual and dependent on your particular employer. That being said, Investors Group as a whole is a great place to learn and grow and is filled with a variety of skilled and interesting people.
Superior financial advice, employment satisfaction depends on Planner.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 August 2015
The Financial Planner I worked for as an assistant was leagues ahead of other Planners in terms of leadership, appreciation, and tasks. I learned a lot about customer satisfaction.
Pros
Financial security
Cons
Dis-respect
Awesome
Assistant to Mortgage Specialist (Current Employee) –  Yonge and Sheppard, Toronto ON19 August 2015
My exxperience at Investors Group has been amazing, however my current position doesnt hold enough hours for me to support myself.
Friendly environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 August 2015
Great company- friendly environment.
Most positions are based on comission which is stressful for most advisors. Flexible hours, you meet clients on your own time.
Client Service Contact Centre Conservative
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 August 2015
Th Client Services division with in the company is challenging to say the least. There are many opportunities to add employee satisfaction and development while better servicing our clients.

The agents who work in this department are amazing! The hardest part of the job is not being able to make change for them in an environment that desperately needs it.

The most enjoyable part of the job is recognizing individual and team efforts and accomplishments also having many opportunities for community service.
Pros
Involvement with the community, volunteer opportunities
Cons
Traditional way of thinking. Change is not welcomed if it doesn't come from management
Great Training Program
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 August 2015
Investors Group has a great training program and really allows the employees to gain new skills and assets. The coworkers are great and the management team is available for help at all times.
Pros
Training, Practical Experience
Cons
Salary, Commission Based
Commissioned based position
Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, ON8 August 2015
This opportunity works well for those who have the financial resources to support themselves through the business building phase.
Great-however 100% commission
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver BC21 July 2015
The opportunity to make a substantial income is great. Many different product offerings.

You must build your own niche market which can take some time.
Pros
Training and management
Cons
100% commission-takes a while sometimes to get paid
Productive and Fun office space with a putting green
Recruitment and Training Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 July 2015
This office is amazing, everyone is very kind and looks our for one another. The employees are all advisors and make their own hours/schedules so everyone while in the office is feeling very relaxed. Its a very nice environment to work in consistently. The lack of stress is evident every day.
Pros
Golf putting green, free drinks, nice views
Cons
Offices are drab and boring
Hard working professionals providing excellent service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 June 2015
A beautiful building to go too work each day, filled with compassionate people and business professionals.
I learned the expectations of a CSR in the mortgage department demands a high level of professionalism dealing with inbound and outbound calls from clients and mortgage planning specialists while managing your time efficiently handling e-mails and over the phone requests.
Management was nothing but supportive, they provided a high level of attention to those who require help or professional development.
The co-workers are very knowledgeable and considerate to those that they deal with on the phone or in person.
Hardest part of the day was being able to stretch your legs, you are confined to an office space for a couple hours at a time.
The most enjoyable part of the day was feeling accomplished after a hard days work.
Pros
activity days, benefits, location
Cons
sitting for extended periods of time
Challenging and varied
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  ottawa, ON15 June 2015
Fun, challenging, good working atmosphere, trusting, not micromanaged. Varied work obligations. Good management. Nice co-workers. Excellent coffee machine for free!
Pros
not micro-managed
Cons
low salary
Productive and fun workplace
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga23 May 2015
Did a lot of work with clients by helping to convince them to sign up. Also distributed many advertisements to potential clients in order to persuade them
Amazing
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON18 May 2015
The management was beyond organized and understanding. The coworkers were fun and theres was always some form of appreciation for the employees whether it be free pizza or the boss taking us out for dinner quite often. Would recommend this job opportunity to anyone.
Pros
free lunches, compensated hours, flexibility
They are in the business of selling fees not managing money professionaly
Senior Executive Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 May 2015
100 percent commission. Can work for the right individual.
They are great at attracting people new to the industry.
Management and leadership is outdated and only care for the bottom line.
Investment selection is horrible and full of high fees.
some sports or fun outing, lack of communication between colleagues. Never have the good environment as there are different division. Human nature.
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  calgary14 May 2015
Nothing is free and easy, work hard but must have result that will keep you going wherever you are. No right no wrong but is your choice.
Pros
sometimes free lunch
Cons
commission based
Amazing environment to work in
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga6 May 2015
A typical day at work would have me arriving in the office between 8:30 AM and 9:00 AM. I use the first half an hour to get my day sorted out and plan what I need to do. Every other day at the office we have a training session with different topics each time. Topics such as industry changes, different rules and regulations, tax planning, financial planning, and investment planning, just to name a few. Training would continue from 9:30 to noon, after which I would get a quick lunch. After lunch I organize who I need to call, for example, confirming meetings, booking additional meetings, and any other administrative duties I had to complete. I generally leave the office between 2:00-3:00 to go to client meetings. These meetings would typically continue until 9:00-10:00 PM after which I would come home to wrap up my day, make notes on my meetings and get together anything that needed my attention for the next business day.
Pros
Great training, ability to help others
Cons
Human Resources Administrator Internship (Current Employee) –  Toronto ON29 April 2015
Great Corporate Culture. Good experience overall. I really enjoy working here. Great Unlimited income potential benefits
Good
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 April 2015
It's good company with well known name and it has a lot of professional employees, but their compensation system is not competitive for someone new in the business.
Productive, fun place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Penticton, BC14 April 2015
I would process investments and do the banking, Learning new investment opportunities, loved the people I worked with. always an up beat place to be.
Pros
Working with great people
Cons
Not enough hours
Very professional atmosphere with productive and dedicated employees.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2015
Seniors were consistent with expectations and requirements. Bonuses were provided were given throughout the term and employer noticed above and beyond effort made by assistants.
Pros
Work was appreciated