Investors Group

Investors Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
my first REAL job
mail clerk/data entry (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 17, 2013
Pros: enjoyed my work
Cons: downtown parking
I started out working with this company in the mailroom, than I was promoted to a data entry clerk. Both positions I enjoyed. It was a fun place to work with lots of comadrie between employees because we were all female around the same age.
Great company
Bilingual Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 11, 2013
Really enjoyed working here,
Hours were pretty good
Also office so very enjoyable
Great co-op
Co-op Placement (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 31, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: need to be mobile
Part of my placement allowed me to shadow consultants and assist them in their daily activities.
Financial Consultant
Financial Consultant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 29, 2013
 Organized conferences, seminars and information sessions for potential clients and presented business development snapshots
 Consistently met established sales referral and promotional sales goals
 Analysed financial plans and provided “second opinions”
Excellent Family Oriented Culture
Mortgage & Banking Planning Specialist (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 20, 2013
Pros: outstanding training seminars
Cons: extra long hours, ie weekends, evenings
Typical Day - Start working by 9:00am, everyday is different depending on the priority or urgency of the mortgage needs. Worked several evenings and weekends to catch up on workload.

What I Learned - I learned all the skills required for a Mortgage Planning Specialist (8 years).

Management - As a Mortgage Planning Specialist, I was included in Management – more... Meetings with the Directors and other Specialists. These meetings included overall office concerns, functions, sales volumes and ways to increase sales, marketing approaches, one on one meetings with Financial Planners, training, etc.

Co-Workers - Great co-workers, alot of fun and support.

Hardest Part of Job - Reinforcing urgent timelines, documents required and process with the Financial Planners.

Most Enjoyable Part of The Job - Freedom, flexibility, office culture, relationship building, support and building long lasting friendships. – less
self-employed
Financial Consultant (Former Employee), VaughanFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: own hours
Cons: long hours and on commission
Servicing client visting at their home, more personal touch
Tough go for first few years
Financial Consultant (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONFebruary 16, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule, large earning potential
Cons: no job security, costs $700 a month to work there, 100% commission, out-dated products
The 100% commission is difficult for consultants just starting out and the support differs from office to office. I also believed their products and some of their business practices were out dated, which hurt our customers. As a result I had a hard time staying with the firm
Good workplace with a great team and leader.
Reconciliation Analyst (Current Employee), Winnipeg ManitobaJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: flex time, occasional pot lucks, able to socialize with other departments
Cons: no overtime available, low job grade level
I start at 7:30 am every morning. I have a busy morning preparing and balancing reports that have deadlines. I also handle cheques and communicate with the Treasury department several times a day. I really enjoy my department as we have a great team that have been working together for a long time. And we have a great group leader who communicates well – more... with our team. – less
Easy place to work with great people.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Charlottetown PEJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule, great people, free coffee/snacks
Cons: not enough work
assisted consultant in looking after the needs of the clients. processed orders, paperwork for all aspects of a client's portfolio, filing, typing, follow up, arranging appointments. co-workers were a big help in assisting with things unfamiliar to me. management was committed and very professional.most enjoyable part of the job was assisting clients – more... with their many requests. the hardest part was not having enough work to fill a day. – less
Not a fan
Licensed Financial Consultant (Former Employee), North Bay, ONDecember 28, 2012
Management only cares about you making money, so they get more money, due to their "cut". If you're unhappy there, they try to talk you into staying anyway, cause again, they make money off recruits. It's all commission, so if you fail, you fail hard...but if you want to succeed, you pretty much are always focused on work and don't have much of a life – more... outside of work. – less
Great company, best training
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Victoria, BCDecember 18, 2012
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: not having a steady income and paying office space and other expenses on monthly basis
- Working with individuals and families, educating them based upon client-identified needs
- Assisted individuals and families to make the right decision
- problem solving

Helping client and placing the right policy and coverage for their best interest was the most enjoyable part of my job

The hardest part of the job is the fact being self-employed – more... and not having an steady income.

Great management and friendly office enviroment – less
amazing experience
Office Assistant/Telemarketer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 31, 2012
Pros: office job
Cons: not enough hours
typical day at work would be sitting at a desk making phone calls, confirming and booking appointments, etc.
what i learn is that i like to do administrative work and i like to work in a office environment a lot.
got along with co-workers
hardest part of the job was just sitting at my desk for long periods of time, but i'm not complaining.
enjoyable – more... part, all the different people i got to speak with and communicate with. – less
I enjoyed working in a friendly and productive atmosphere. Great people and team work.
Client Services Administrator (Former Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 23, 2012
Excellent working conditions and enjoyed meeting people who are clients and prospective clients.

Processing all applications, answering the phone and assisting clients were an important part of the job. The hardest part was handling the phones when busy and trying to do the data entry required.
Very Professional Environment, Access to many Professionals (Tax, Estate Planning, Portfolio Managers, Life Insurance), Consistently Learning, Support
Financial Consultant (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 18, 2012
Pros: i was my own boss.
Cons: the office was downtown in a city and required me to pay for parking.
While working at Investors Group, I found the atmosphere very professional and very supportive. The focus always remained on what was best for the client. In that regard, all of our professionals were ready to sit down with us at any point in time and talk client options with us.

It was an environment where you were constantly learning. Investors Group – more... would recruit various professionals to speak on different topics that would help you in dealing with your clients, teach you about new things within the industry and generally keep you up to date. This was done on almost a weekly basis.

A typical day at work would be to contact clients and service their accounts, prospect for new clients, build your network of professionals, completing paperwork, marketing your brand and ensuring that you remain remain compliant with the Securities Commission's requirements.

The most difficult part of the job was client prospecting. People are very guarded with their finances and generally stay loyal to their consultants. It is difficult to break through the skepticism and actually get them to focus on what could possibly be a more effective method within their portfolio. People do not like talking about their finances.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the clients and helping them achieve their financial goals. I loved working with their portfolios and implementing new methods to increase their cash flow, reduce their debt and help them save. – less
Client driven business
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Sault Ste. MarieOctober 10, 2012
Pros: decent pay
Cons: job security
Individual business, work flow steady, busy seasons, a lot of administration, finance background
Opens up your mind to opportunities, teaches you how to plan out for your future, and how to manage your money.
Mortgage/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 9, 2012
Pros: seminars and volunteering events
I love being at work for the fact that it makes my mind think one thing and the other; it keeps me busy and at the same time, it makes me do the right decisions. I have learned that if you wanted to become successful, you have to be around with successful people. This job placed a huge part in my life, where it allowed me to grow and think for my future.
Very hard working employees with great personalities and positive attitudes
Financial Consultant (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCOctober 5, 2012
I learned so much working for investors group. It was an experience I would go through again how ever it was not the lifestyle or career for me. They provided me with more support and efficienty than any other company. I learned work skills and habits with them that I will carry with me for the rest of my life.
Lots of support and training
Financial Consultant (Current Employee), St. Albert, ABSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: ongoing support and training; constant
Cons: not having a base salary and having a family to support
This job is challenging and it takes a unique personality to be successful. It also takes patience. I am in my first year and I am finding it hard to be patient as I build my practice. This job is financially awarding around the third year. I am in my initial year, and although I am doing well at prospecting, the deals don't always come consistently – more... as per your pay cheques. – less
Good Team
Investment Advisor (Current Employee), LavalSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: work independantly
Cons: long hours, out of your control
My day starts with cold-calling possible clients, fill up appointment booklets, make financial plans for clients. Speak to specialists about options.
Hardest part of the day is dealing with the fact that I am paid on commission and I pay for office space.
Most enjoyable is that I am helping people.
Great people to work with. Free Donuts. We were allowed to organize a putluck lunch.Went for lunch with co-workers.
Account Services Administrator (Former Employee), Winnipeg ManitobaSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: free coffee and donuts almost everyday
enteriny many applications
who, what and how different family members invested their money.
great
everything

About Investors Group

At Investors Group, we firmly believe that building long term relationships with clients is the best way to help them reach their – Read more

Investors Group Photos