Investors Group Employee Reviews in Canada

Good
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QCApril 15, 2015
It's good company with well known name and it has a lot of professional employees, but their compensation system is not competitive for someone new in the business.
Productive, fun place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Penticton, BCApril 14, 2015
I would process investments and do the banking, Learning new investment opportunities, loved the people I worked with. always an up beat place to be.
Pros
Working with great people
Cons
Not enough hours
Very professional atmosphere with productive and dedicated employees.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 12, 2015
Seniors were consistent with expectations and requirements. Bonuses were provided were given throughout the term and employer noticed above and beyond effort made by assistants.
Pros
Work was appreciated
Productive and easy job
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONApril 6, 2015
Highly supportive management helps everyone from various divisions. I have learned to communicate effectively in a highly professional method and this will help me everywhere including my personal life as well as professional life. There is nothing hard in this job if we meet new prospects on daily basis and provide financial guidance to them. Most enjoyable part of the job is to meet new clients with different cultures, demographics and personalities everyday. Co-workers are so helpful to get rid of various queries about different aspects such as investments, insurances, mortgages and all other financial aspects. This job gives pleasant of mind as we help so many clients to guide them to achieve their various financial goals. There is excellent work environment and positive motivations for employees from employees and team-work ability is beyond the limits.
Pros
Hours Flexibility
Productive place with unlimited income
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 24, 2015
If you are strong and organized, you can make a lot of money in this business. It takes planning and thinking. The staff and the consultants are all professional and theyre very work and family oriented.
Pros
management always brings treats, fun socials
Cons
assistant pay
Nice Place to work
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 19, 2015
A good team and a good management, enthusiastic and exciting bunch of people. most enjoyable part of the job is to scheduling your time and sticking to it.
love to have a balance in life which will make me happy and productive
Client Service Administrator I (Current Employee) –  North YorkMarch 8, 2015
I love to work in an environment where I can be interact with clients and since I have an excellent customer service abilities I find that I should pursue my passion and desire to be able to do what I LOVE in life by assisting others through beautiful make up products and explaining to them how to apply and enjoy wearing such luxurious products.

I think since this is a passion I am bound to do excellent in selling products and adding to the over-all profit of the company.
Pros
have to have my one hour lunch break to clear my head
Cons
there are non that i can think of
asset management firm. spacious offices and great people
Human resource intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 13, 2015
i enjoyed working at Investors Group. I got to see how financial consultants work and how the manage their clients and guide them into a safe financial future. The workers at investors Group are friendly and ever ready to assist you with any help you need.The most enjoyable part is, you get to chat with colleagues at lunch time and share ideas from various backgrounds
Pros
the ability to go for lunch at your own time
Cons
longer hours of work
Consultant
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 5, 2015
Reviewing current client accounts
Prospecting
Calls to set up appointments with prospects and clients
Completing appointments
Collecting personal financial information
Designing a financial plan for each client
Implementing the plans
Handle all aspects of financial planning such as
1. investments -
2. mortgages
3. debt consolidation
4. tax planning
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with couples to help achieve their financial goals. I enjoy when clients give me referrals to grow my business.
The hardest part of the job is prospecting clients and when prospects do not show up for appointments..
Pros
flexibility of hours
Cons
variability of income
Sales Culture and Incentivization
Financial Planner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2015
An interesting career with a lot to learn. Expect difficulties in your first years. Money can be made. If you are considering becoming a financial advisor speak with a financial advisor about what you can expect in your career.
Great yet Inconsistent
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 5, 2015
I learned a lot from the time I've been here about not just the industry but about the importance of proper time management and networking.

The most enjoyable part was meeting new clients and building relationships, the least enjoyable part was the instability in consistent commissions.
Pros
education
Cons
instability
A good experience where I had the chance to work with excellent people
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2015
During my experience at Investors Group I could improve my administration skills and immerse in a Canadian job atmosphere. It was a fantastic opportunity for me where I went an step up in my career.
Excellent work environment
Intern Financial Planner (Current Employee) –  TorontoJanuary 29, 2015
Good place to learn, helps you know the market, You get to know about the finances of the clients and you help them invest which in turn trains you for future investments
Financial Marketing Assistant
Admin Assistant and Telemarketing (Former Employee) –  24 Queen Street East Suite 200 Brampton, ONJanuary 13, 2015
This was a very similar experience like the other "Investors Group" the only difference being I was working for a different financial consultant.
trade shows fun
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJanuary 12, 2015
vey productive days
learned - all paper work and computer programs
they have awesome management very caring
co-workers are awesome team players
hardest part of job-getting clients
enjoyable part -knowing you have really helped someone
Pros
trips, meetings
Cons
long hours, slow during winter
Typical Day at Work
Financial Advisor - Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 5, 2014
Morning: Paper work, Client Financial planning, Insurance Claim.

Afternoon: Fallowing up with prospects.

Evening: Cold Calling House holds and fixing appointments
Pros
specialist are always available
Cons
tuff job - required a lot of self motivation
Productive workplace
Client Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 29, 2014
Each day i face many situations and i work on different types of tasks. I enjoy working in a great and warm environment. Getting along with co-workers is easy and it makes work life more enjoyable. At the end of the day it is a productive workplace.
Good Environment with great people
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 25, 2014
The people are dedicated and focused on meeting and exceeding the needs of their clients. Keeping them information allows the clients to make knowledgable decisions inpacting their finances.
Without a doubt the best place I have ever worked!
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABNovember 22, 2014
It is incredible when you get to go into work and know that you will be positively affecting someone's life every single day. That is the feeling I get when I get to our office each morning. Investors Group sets out such an easy to follow time tested system to create success. The people are second to none and will do anything that they possible can to help each other achieve excellence. The combination of the pay and support structures are better than any other company that I researched before joining the company.
All-in-all a great place to spend your career.
Pros
flexible hours (you basically make your own), pay is great, support and additional benefits, management, coworkers
Cons
not a job for very dependent people
Great learning experience
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 10, 2014
A typical day at work begins with checking and sending emails, reading the IG newsletters, every second day there was usually a training session then the rest of the day was prospecting to book meetings.

Management was fantastic and supportive.

Co-workers were great and everyone was happy in the low pressure environment.

The hardest part of the job was selling a life insurance policy only to see half of them turned down two weeks later due to the strict policies.

The most enjoyable part of the job was making connections.
Pros
excellent support & learning opportunity
Cons
weak commission structure when compared to competition