Investors Group Employee Reviews in Canada

great family oriented working place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONApril 1, 2014
Since I started working in 2008 I've had one of the best experiences working at IG, the culture is and has always been family oriented which allows all individuals more flexibility than other jobs. Everyone is always eager to help and as usual each job comes with its negative or less preferred part of the job which is filing but the people make it more fun to tackle the job.
Pros
wonderful working atmosphere
Cons
not too great benefits
Amazing
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMay 18, 2015
The management was beyond organized and understanding. The coworkers were fun and theres was always some form of appreciation for the employees whether it be free pizza or the boss taking us out for dinner quite often. Would recommend this job opportunity to anyone.
Pros
free lunches, compensated hours, flexibility
They are in the business of selling fees not managing money professionaly
Senior Executive Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 16, 2015
100 percent commission. Can work for the right individual.
They are great at attracting people new to the industry.
Management and leadership is outdated and only care for the bottom line.
Investment selection is horrible and full of high fees.
Fun and rewarding place to work.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCOctober 1, 2015
People who have an extensive network and willingness to contact many people on daily basis, including cold calls should apply for this job.
Pros
Flexible Work Schedule
Cons
Sales oriented
Work independantly
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 2, 2015
Great job and company if working independent and developing ones own business is your life goal. Meeting new people every day keep the experience fresh. Require a residual income for the first two to five years getting started,
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Commission
Superior financial advice, employment satisfaction depends on Planner.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 24, 2015
The Financial Planner I worked for as an assistant was leagues ahead of other Planners in terms of leadership, appreciation, and tasks. I learned a lot about customer satisfaction.
Pros
Financial security
Cons
Dis-respect
Independent and challenging environment.
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLMay 7, 2013
A typical day with Investors Group requires a lot of planning. One must arrange meetings with clients and in the evening must meet with potential clients and discuss their financial needs.

The job is 100% commision which means you are given the opportunity to determine your own salary. The harder you work, the bigger the financial reward could potentially be!
Pros
indepency
Cons
long hours, very competitve, 100% commision
Productive and Fun office space with a putting green
Recruitment and Training Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 8, 2015
This office is amazing, everyone is very kind and looks our for one another. The employees are all advisors and make their own hours/schedules so everyone while in the office is feeling very relaxed. Its a very nice environment to work in consistently. The lack of stress is evident every day.
Pros
Golf putting green, free drinks, nice views
Cons
Offices are drab and boring
Great learning experience
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 10, 2014
A typical day at work begins with checking and sending emails, reading the IG newsletters, every second day there was usually a training session then the rest of the day was prospecting to book meetings.

Management was fantastic and supportive.

Co-workers were great and everyone was happy in the low pressure environment.

The hardest part of the job was selling a life insurance policy only to see half of them turned down two weeks later due to the strict policies.

The most enjoyable part of the job was making connections.
Pros
excellent support & learning opportunity
Cons
weak commission structure when compared to competition
Productive place with unlimited income
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 24, 2015
If you are strong and organized, you can make a lot of money in this business. It takes planning and thinking. The staff and the consultants are all professional and theyre very work and family oriented.
Pros
management always brings treats, fun socials
Cons
assistant pay
Friendly environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QCAugust 13, 2015
Great company- friendly environment.
Most positions are based on comission which is stressful for most advisors. Flexible hours, you meet clients on your own time.
Great learning experince
Administrative Assistant/Recruiter/Marketing (Former Employee) –  ScarboroughJune 25, 2014
Typical day - working on research for updating the doctors lists for potential clients. Recruiting for the my boss to enhance his business and to grow his company.

Learned- I have learned ways to invest wisely and how to invest money properly.

Management -Management was okay they really didn't know what they had in mind when hiring people.

Co-workers- Co-workers were okay shared a lot of personal information to other that was not necessary. Lack of communication for business related issues.

Hardest part of the job-The hardest part of the job was at times managing all consultants that were new and keeping on track.

Enjoyable - The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and having flexible hours.
Pros
flexible with hours
Cons
no growth with in the practice
Awesome
Assistant to Mortgage Specialist (Current Employee) –  Yonge and Sheppard, Toronto ONAugust 19, 2015
My exxperience at Investors Group has been amazing, however my current position doesnt hold enough hours for me to support myself.
Great yet Inconsistent
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 5, 2015
I learned a lot from the time I've been here about not just the industry but about the importance of proper time management and networking.

The most enjoyable part was meeting new clients and building relationships, the least enjoyable part was the instability in consistent commissions.
Pros
education
Cons
instability
Commissioned based position
Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, ONAugust 8, 2015
This opportunity works well for those who have the financial resources to support themselves through the business building phase.
Productive and fun workplace
Mortgage Planning Specialist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2014
- lots of learning opportunities
- fun laid back work environment
- not a lot of room for career growth
Pros
excellent culture
Cons
no room for career growth
Nice Place to work
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 19, 2015
A good team and a good management, enthusiastic and exciting bunch of people. most enjoyable part of the job is to scheduling your time and sticking to it.
Excellent training and management challenges consultants to be independent
Independent Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 22, 2014
This job requires a personality that is organized, independent and persevering. At a day to day basis, the job requires you to be up and about and in a constant lookout for new people to network to. It requires you to be in front of plenty people so it helps if you have a good relationship building skills.

Organization skills is very significant because at the beginning you will be compelled to do your own networking initiatives, setting up meetings and talking to the client. Paperwork and business submissions will be your responsibility as well but your manager should be able to help you go through most of the procedures that are required to follow.

The hardest part about this job is the constant worry that you will have since it is a 100% commission with only a little support given by the company if you acquire clients and achieve a certain amount of business transactions with them.
Pros
free control of your time, complete flexibility in terms of work effort and compensation
Cons
constant worry about the income especially at the "take-off" stage
love to have a balance in life which will make me happy and productive
Client Service Administrator I (Current Employee) –  North YorkMarch 8, 2015
I love to work in an environment where I can be interact with clients and since I have an excellent customer service abilities I find that I should pursue my passion and desire to be able to do what I LOVE in life by assisting others through beautiful make up products and explaining to them how to apply and enjoy wearing such luxurious products.

I think since this is a passion I am bound to do excellent in selling products and adding to the over-all profit of the company.
Pros
have to have my one hour lunch break to clear my head
Cons
there are non that i can think of
Excellent training, great support, respectful environment, endless learning
Consultant (Current Employee) –  TorontoJune 30, 2013
Day starts with training sessions in the mornings, various topics, sales techniques etc...We head to our meetings with clients where we try to help them out achieve their lond term goals. This job requires great self-discipline and management. The most enjoyable part of the job is the different new experience with each client, when you realize you had an impact on their lives. The hard part is dealing with objections and being very creative in trying to meet as many people as you can.
Pros
great support
Cons
commission based