Investors Group Employee Reviews

Terrible workplace
Executive Administration/Office Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 April 2016
Not supportive of advisors. You pay for your office, staff and run up debits.

Lots of pressure. Management is poor and fund performance is bad.
Pros
training
Cons
Mutual Funds fees
Require strong network
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2016
Excellent support from management to Consultants
Deliberately designed and fool-proof processes
Very promising career in a very long term (10+ years)
Gives a lot of flexibility
IG truly cares about their clients and employees.
Financial Planner (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 March 2016
This is a company which in an age of forcing product down customers throats, rise above that. They know that doing what's right and ethical for your client will benefit them and yourself in the end. I love that view and more companies should have it.
Very professional work place
Internship (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 February 2016
My co-workers always helped me. They taught me how I could search resumes and send recruiting e-mails to potential employees.
productive and good environment
Assistant (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 January 2016
It was a place in which i feel comfortable but i did not enjoy at all because what i like its fitness and everything related with that
Pros
events, benefits
Tough Job
CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 December 2015
75% of consultants do not make it after the first year. Need a large network of supporters. If you ever end up leaving the company because you did not succeed. Prepare to PAY the company $$$ because you are likely to owe the company money.
not much return for personal investment
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  British Columbia20 December 2015
Lack of support and training.
Misrepresentation about income and expenses
Expected to always put company above family needs
Very cutthroat in own office space amongst consultants.
Lack of leadership
Pros
not much
Cons
put your own money into company for none to little return
Solid Foundation for a Canadian's guide to money
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 December 2015
Investors Group opened my eyes to the whole concept to managing finances. My role as a Financial Adviser was to help families plan their financial future, set goals and plan for the unexpected. Throughout the job, I gathered a lot of knowledge regarding taxation and how to make your money give you the best returns. A work day would typically consist to me servicing client investments and prospect new clients. I have learnt a lot of new ways to acquire new clients through hosting programs and events. I also managed a team that helped me gather new clients through tele-marketing. My co-workers were all wonderful and unique individuals. They conducted their schedule in different ways and there's a lot I have learnt being around such dynamic co-workers. Sometimes the hardest part of the job was to keep motivated and to stay on track during prospecting. Another hard yet rewarding process of the job was to manage the emotions of the clients during periods of market volatility. While it is a tough time, I took accountability and handled all the concerns which left them feeling calmer and more engaged about their financial portfolio.
Pros
So much information and resources readily available regarding money
Cons
emotional roller coaster at times
Application Analyst / Developer
Assistant Financial advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2015
Built and managed all application software for employee to support publishing products in daily. Performed DBA to design and implement database. (VB6, Oracle, Access, JSP, HTML)
Very good environment and no surprises. Good people.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON19 November 2015
Although this is a contract role for me I am very pleased with the environment and the outcome. I am doing this work part time. The terms of the contract are being adhered to and the advisor I work with is very fair and easy to work with. He really appreciates what I am doing for him.
Challenging with open opportunity
Consultant / Division Director Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 November 2015
working environment varies based on the people you works with. most of the surroundings are nice and helpful. it is very delightful. the training is very useful, you will have your eyes opened but networking is the thing that kills most of the consultant's confidence.
Great Place
Financial Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2015
Great management team
Amazing sale advisors
Enjoyed meeting new people
Enjoyed travelling.
fun lace to work with great supportive management . the most enjoyable part of the work was working along side with my colleagues
bD Mrketing gimmick
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 November 2015
if you have contacts, that will continuously provide more contacts and all will buy from you, then you will be successful, no matter how smart you get. Cheers.
Pros
financial incentives
Cons
everything else, pay for being a consultant
Day at The Job
Co-op Position at Investors Group (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 November 2015
Learned how to complete a financial plan for a client.
Made cold calls, to attract new client to attend a seminar.
Managed to build new client through family and friends as startup.
Typical Day
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 October 2015
I love the idea of my job. I do not enjoy the pay structure. Every day is a new challenge and every day I get to help people, which is what I love. The people in my office are great, the clients that I have brought on are great. The only thing that is not great is finding new clients and making money while doing everything in my power to do the right thing for them. That makes making money difficult and times are difficult enough already.
Productive and fun workplace
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 October 2015
A typical day at work consists of working with highly talented individuals who make a living by advising on how to manage clients' monies. Excellent work/life balance, the down side is that you only get paid when you provide service to a client, and this could be very tricky for a new consultant in the business.
friendly workplace
Financial consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 October 2015
Everything is OK with a company,takes time to earn some commission for new consultant's.
You learn with a senior advisers as much as you able to.
Good support,friendly environment. ,
Pros
good earnings potential, fun environment.
Cons
commission based, takes time to earn some money, 1-2 years
Fun and rewarding place to work.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC1 October 2015
People who have an extensive network and willingness to contact many people on daily basis, including cold calls should apply for this job.
Pros
Flexible Work Schedule
Cons
Sales oriented
Fun place to work
Executive Recruiter to a Division Director (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 September 2015
My co-workers are amazing and makes it a very hard thing to leave. I enjoy coming to work everyday. They create events to keep family included which is awesome.
It was a great place to work. Very professional and clean office. Very nice people and I would recommend anyone to work there.
Receptionist/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2015
I enjoyed my employment at Investors Group. The people were great and there were many opportunities for advancement. They also have fun activities in the office from time to time that add a little extra joy to your work day. It's a very professional environment and I respect the amount of dedication the Financial Advisers and Division Managers put into their client's financial needs. It was overall a great experience and I would recommend anyone to work there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Investors Group. Our community is ready to answer.