Investors Group Employee Reviews

Great management team
Amazing sale advisors
Enjoyed meeting new people
Enjoyed travelling.
fun lace to work with great supportive management . the most enjoyable part of the work was working along side with my colleagues
bD Mrketing gimmick
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 November 2015
if you have contacts, that will continuously provide more contacts and all will buy from you, then you will be successful, no matter how smart you get. Cheers.
Pros
financial incentives
Cons
everything else, pay for being a consultant
Day at The Job
Co-op Position at Investors Group (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 November 2015
Learned how to complete a financial plan for a client.
Made cold calls, to attract new client to attend a seminar.
Managed to build new client through family and friends as startup.
Typical Day
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 October 2015
I love the idea of my job. I do not enjoy the pay structure. Every day is a new challenge and every day I get to help people, which is what I love. The people in my office are great, the clients that I have brought on are great. The only thing that is not great is finding new clients and making money while doing everything in my power to do the right thing for them. That makes making money difficult and times are difficult enough already.
Productive and fun workplace
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 October 2015
A typical day at work consists of working with highly talented individuals who make a living by advising on how to manage clients' monies. Excellent work/life balance, the down side is that you only get paid when you provide service to a client, and this could be very tricky for a new consultant in the business.
friendly workplace
Financial consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 October 2015
Everything is OK with a company,takes time to earn some commission for new consultant's.
You learn with a senior advisers as much as you able to.
Good support,friendly environment. ,
Pros
good earnings potential, fun environment.
Cons
commission based, takes time to earn some money, 1-2 years
Fun and rewarding place to work.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC1 October 2015
People who have an extensive network and willingness to contact many people on daily basis, including cold calls should apply for this job.
Pros
Flexible Work Schedule
Cons
Sales oriented
Fun place to work
Executive Recruiter to a Division Director (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 September 2015
My co-workers are amazing and makes it a very hard thing to leave. I enjoy coming to work everyday. They create events to keep family included which is awesome.
It was a great place to work. Very professional and clean office. Very nice people and I would recommend anyone to work there.
Receptionist/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2015
I enjoyed my employment at Investors Group. The people were great and there were many opportunities for advancement. They also have fun activities in the office from time to time that add a little extra joy to your work day. It's a very professional environment and I respect the amount of dedication the Financial Advisers and Division Managers put into their client's financial needs. It was overall a great experience and I would recommend anyone to work there.
Investors Group is a great employee.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 September 2015
Investors Group is a great employee. There salary is really good. There is a lot of opportunities to grow within the company. As an consultant, you learn alot about the various investment products and about various business sectors.
they have some great product, but unless you have large savings, you will go into debt
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON2 September 2015
You go into debt to work there, and you can barely get yourself out it. very few amount of people actually succeed. they do full financial plans ,which is nice, but it takes a long time to actually start making a significant amount of money to pay off the monthly fees, nevermind survive.
Pros
good product
Cons
lots of money to work there
Work independantly
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 September 2015
Great job and company if working independent and developing ones own business is your life goal. Meeting new people every day keep the experience fresh. Require a residual income for the first two to five years getting started,
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Commission
Fast paced and detail oriented role with a progressive investment company
Executive & Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC25 August 2015
As an assistant, you do not work as a direct employee of Investors Group, rather the individual consultant who is licensed through Investors Group. Therefore, the experience as an assistant is highly individual and dependent on your particular employer. That being said, Investors Group as a whole is a great place to learn and grow and is filled with a variety of skilled and interesting people.
Superior financial advice, employment satisfaction depends on Planner.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 August 2015
The Financial Planner I worked for as an assistant was leagues ahead of other Planners in terms of leadership, appreciation, and tasks. I learned a lot about customer satisfaction.
Pros
Financial security
Cons
Dis-respect
Awesome
Assistant to Mortgage Specialist (Current Employee) –  Yonge and Sheppard, Toronto ON19 August 2015
My exxperience at Investors Group has been amazing, however my current position doesnt hold enough hours for me to support myself.
Friendly environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QC13 August 2015
Great company- friendly environment.
Most positions are based on comission which is stressful for most advisors. Flexible hours, you meet clients on your own time.
Client Service Contact Centre Conservative
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 August 2015
Th Client Services division with in the company is challenging to say the least. There are many opportunities to add employee satisfaction and development while better servicing our clients.

The agents who work in this department are amazing! The hardest part of the job is not being able to make change for them in an environment that desperately needs it.

The most enjoyable part of the job is recognizing individual and team efforts and accomplishments also having many opportunities for community service.
Pros
Involvement with the community, volunteer opportunities
Cons
Traditional way of thinking. Change is not welcomed if it doesn't come from management
Great Training Program
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 August 2015
Investors Group has a great training program and really allows the employees to gain new skills and assets. The coworkers are great and the management team is available for help at all times.
Pros
Training, Practical Experience
Cons
Salary, Commission Based
Commissioned based position
Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, ON8 August 2015
This opportunity works well for those who have the financial resources to support themselves through the business building phase.
Great-however 100% commission
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver BC21 July 2015
The opportunity to make a substantial income is great. Many different product offerings.

You must build your own niche market which can take some time.
Pros
Training and management
Cons
100% commission-takes a while sometimes to get paid