Investors Group

Investors Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Day at the Office
Recruiter for the Directors of the Laval Carrefour (Current Employee), Carrefour LavalFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: know what to do
Cons: no respect and taken for granted
My typical work day starts with a review of my emails and voice messages. I respond to them in a timely and accurate manner and if I cannot at that moment, I put it on my to do list.
Then I open all the job sites and start to mine for new candidates to work as Financial Advisors and I make an approach by email or phone call. This is important because – more... I want to be the number 1 on the job seekers list.
All of these things are being done while I have calls coming in. The Directors often call about the different candidates or I call for new availabilities in their agendas.
I set-up the meetings every Wednesday for candidates to meet the Regional Director and get a feel for the business. In these meetings I call, invite and confirm candidates to come.
Every month there are Seminars for possible clients. I organize the room and display powerpoint and prepare folders for the consultants. I get their invites and encourage them. I also prepare the food and drinks for them. I am the one that greets and says farewell to them.
I organize paperwork for all possible clients and recruits for these seminars and followup documents.
There are several other tasks that I do and when I do them, it is always with a smile. – less
Great Starter Position
Receptionist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 19, 2014
The position that I held was a great starter position to have to enter into the administration field
Friendly working environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONFebruary 18, 2014
Answered telephones, filed documents, entered data. Friendly co-workers and flexible hours.
Friendly work environment
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 16, 2014
Nice work environment.
Nice employees.
The hardest part of the job was finding potential clients.
The most enjoyable part was helping clients with inquires about their financial standing.
Great place to work and unlimited earnings opportunity
Mutual Fund Associate (Advisor-Contract) (Former Employee), HamiltonFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: time flexibility
Cons: 24/7 work activity
There is a typical busy day at Investors Group and a lot of opportunity to organize the work style with one's own choice however the environment is very people friendly and majority of time consumption is on client meetings, business planning and professional learning. I have acquired lot of knowledge about the company and industry and in addition I – more... had the great opportunity of comprehensive learning of compliance procedures and professional ethics. The hardest part is the same I enjoyed to get more and more clients to get more and more sales. – less
Great work place
Record filing and occasion helper (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBJanuary 16, 2014
Good work environment, learned retail experience, learned computer and filing experience.
Productive and fun workplace
Mortgage Planning Specialist Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: excellent culture
Cons: no room for career growth
- lots of learning opportunities
- fun laid back work environment
- not a lot of room for career growth
Very ood company
Financial Planner (Current Employee), lavalJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: free time
Cons: no salary
IG is a very big company in wich you can learn a lot about canadian financial life.
It is aself employed job wic needs a lot of effort and time to start eneratin income.
The team is very helpful and cooperative.
Researched, evaluated and presented investment reports while analyzing client's plans at Investors Group.
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2014
I learned to identify and interpreted new market opportunity & presented findings to Financial Advisor. I gained excellent interpersonal & project management skills through administrative support and demonstrated ability to multitask & allocate time to meet deadlines.
productive and fun
admin (Former Employee), Winnipeg head officeNovember 28, 2013
Was a good place to work but had no room for advancement. Changed careers for more of a challenge.
Many perqs depending upon representative I worked for.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCNovember 11, 2013
Pros: working toward the success of one person.
Cons: being dependent upon one person for employment.
Arrived before my boss every day. He had to work evenings meeting with clients.

I learned a great deal about investments, how to process the paperwork entailing many thousands of dollars.

The management of the company is very organized. My co-workers were excellent.

The hardest part of the job was cold calling.

My boss and I had a very productive – more... relationship. – less
Interesting and Fun Place To Work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Concord, ONNovember 5, 2013
Pros: potluck lunches, trips, exciting region meetings
Cons: quiet office, quick turn around
The Vaughan Office was a great place to work. There are a number of individuals who are always willing to help and assist if it is needed. Fun excursions away from the office add to the office moral. Great hours and flexible support.
productive and friendly workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 25, 2013
I learned how to do financial transactions and contact business owners to offer them croup benefit plan.
I built good relation with coworkers and we exchanged our opinions to the work benefits.
All are good
Administrative Support (Current Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 17, 2013
Everything is good and awesome but just thinking about family in Moncton so would like to get together with them there.
It was good experinces
asistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: intresting job
Cons: short time
It was a good experinces that helped me to undersantd the value of the job.I was happy that i was hired to be a volunteer.
Investment Manager
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: make your own schedule, unlimited income
Cons: no salary base, had to build your own clientele from scratch
Taught me how to be self motivated and manage time well.
It gave me the opportunity to be outgoing and interact with strangers I had never met.
I had to complete my IFIC and LLQP, which gave me a great understanding of our insurance and investments market.
You are self-employed and very flexible
Financial Consultant (Former Employee), Pickering, ONJuly 1, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: 100% commission
-You schedule your own hours and book appointments with clients
-unlimited income potential
-you market and sell full range of financial and insurance products
Excellent training, great support, respectful environment, endless learning
Consultant (Current Employee), TorontoJune 30, 2013
Pros: great support
Cons: commission based
Day starts with training sessions in the mornings, various topics, sales techniques etc...We head to our meetings with clients where we try to help them out achieve their lond term goals. This job requires great self-discipline and management. The most enjoyable part of the job is the different new experience with each client, when you realize you had – more... an impact on their lives. The hard part is dealing with objections and being very creative in trying to meet as many people as you can. – less
Financial Consultant
Financial Consultant (Former Employee), British ColumbiaJune 21, 2013
Pros: 100% commission sales, good specialist support, good training, theoretically no upper limit to income, ability to offer complete financial planning, insurance, investments, securities., mortgages. good (but expensive) marketing support, software.
Cons: 100% commission sales, expensive underperforming funds, lower commissions then some firms, a small-time rep - average account is 11k.
As a new consultant you will at best, have about a one in twenty likelihood of seeing your second year anniversary. Unless you have an established book from another firm to double-dip, parents that own a real estate company to feed you insurance prospects, plus a spouse that is happy to support you for the several years it will take to build a viable – more... book you will be unlikely to succeed.

If you can build a 20 plus million dollar book apparently its then a great job, I will never know...

The job is 97% sales and 3% financial planning, at least for the first 5 or so years. So unless you love cold calling, door knocking or are an extroverted queen of professional networking - consider another career.

You will be badgered to sign up your grandmother, mummy, daddy and all of your friends. As this will not pay you enough to live, you will then run up a 14k draw (funny how this is sort of considered salary for taxation, but then ends up a loan, again probably works best for head office...but I digress...) you will be forced to go and find a salaried job at about the 2 year mark.

IG will keep the family clients (You were pressured to place them into IG proprietary, deferred sales charge mutual funds with an seven year schedule). They will then hand you the bill for 14k as you leave (for your loan/ salary/ advance/ draw/ whatever...careful with the tax on that...).

Its a great business model - if you are the owners of Power Corporation.

If you are considering this career, shop around to different firms, pay close attention to the success rates of the under fours. Consider starting as an associate if possible, and work toward purchasing a book. – less
Fast-Paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 24, 2013
Pros: meeting rooms
Cons: parking spot
Creative strategies to balance , plan and monitor progress at work. I learnt about business development and interacted with co-workers on daily basis. The hardest part of the job was to balance the two aspects of administration and customer service. I enjoyed the satisfaction of customers and servicing clients on daily basis.

About Investors Group

At Investors Group, we firmly believe that building long term relationships with clients is the best way to help them reach their – Read more

Investors Group Photos