Investors Group Employee Reviews in Canada

friendly workplace
Financial consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 8, 2015
Everything is OK with a company,takes time to earn some commission for new consultant's.
You learn with a senior advisers as much as you able to.
Good support,friendly environment. ,
Pros
good earnings potential, fun environment.
Cons
commission based, takes time to earn some money, 1-2 years
bD Mrketing gimmick
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 12, 2015
if you have contacts, that will continuously provide more contacts and all will buy from you, then you will be successful, no matter how smart you get. Cheers.
Pros
financial incentives
Cons
everything else, pay for being a consultant
Client Service Contact Centre Conservative
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 12, 2015
Th Client Services division with in the company is challenging to say the least. There are many opportunities to add employee satisfaction and development while better servicing our clients.

The agents who work in this department are amazing! The hardest part of the job is not being able to make change for them in an environment that desperately needs it.

The most enjoyable part of the job is recognizing individual and team efforts and accomplishments also having many opportunities for community service.
Pros
Involvement with the community, volunteer opportunities
Cons
Traditional way of thinking. Change is not welcomed if it doesn't come from management
Day at The Job
Co-op Position at Investors Group (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONNovember 3, 2015
Learned how to complete a financial plan for a client.
Made cold calls, to attract new client to attend a seminar.
Managed to build new client through family and friends as startup.
Work independantly
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 2, 2015
Great job and company if working independent and developing ones own business is your life goal. Meeting new people every day keep the experience fresh. Require a residual income for the first two to five years getting started,
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Commission
Superior financial advice, employment satisfaction depends on Planner.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 24, 2015
The Financial Planner I worked for as an assistant was leagues ahead of other Planners in terms of leadership, appreciation, and tasks. I learned a lot about customer satisfaction.
Pros
Financial security
Cons
Dis-respect
Productive and Fun office space with a putting green
Recruitment and Training Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 8, 2015
This office is amazing, everyone is very kind and looks our for one another. The employees are all advisors and make their own hours/schedules so everyone while in the office is feeling very relaxed. Its a very nice environment to work in consistently. The lack of stress is evident every day.
Pros
Golf putting green, free drinks, nice views
Cons
Offices are drab and boring
Investors Group is a great employee.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 10, 2015
Investors Group is a great employee. There salary is really good. There is a lot of opportunities to grow within the company. As an consultant, you learn alot about the various investment products and about various business sectors.
Fun and rewarding place to work.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCOctober 1, 2015
People who have an extensive network and willingness to contact many people on daily basis, including cold calls should apply for this job.
Pros
Flexible Work Schedule
Cons
Sales oriented
Fun place to work
Executive Recruiter to a Division Director (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 28, 2015
My co-workers are amazing and makes it a very hard thing to leave. I enjoy coming to work everyday. They create events to keep family included which is awesome.
Great Training Program
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSAugust 9, 2015
Investors Group has a great training program and really allows the employees to gain new skills and assets. The coworkers are great and the management team is available for help at all times.
Pros
Training, Practical Experience
Cons
Salary, Commission Based
Great-however 100% commission
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver BCJuly 21, 2015
The opportunity to make a substantial income is great. Many different product offerings.

You must build your own niche market which can take some time.
Pros
Training and management
Cons
100% commission-takes a while sometimes to get paid
Solid Foundation for a Canadian's guide to money
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 14, 2015
Investors Group opened my eyes to the whole concept to managing finances. My role as a Financial Adviser was to help families plan their financial future, set goals and plan for the unexpected. Throughout the job, I gathered a lot of knowledge regarding taxation and how to make your money give you the best returns. A work day would typically consist to me servicing client investments and prospect new clients. I have learnt a lot of new ways to acquire new clients through hosting programs and events. I also managed a team that helped me gather new clients through tele-marketing. My co-workers were all wonderful and unique individuals. They conducted their schedule in different ways and there's a lot I have learnt being around such dynamic co-workers. Sometimes the hardest part of the job was to keep motivated and to stay on track during prospecting. Another hard yet rewarding process of the job was to manage the emotions of the clients during periods of market volatility. While it is a tough time, I took accountability and handled all the concerns which left them feeling calmer and more engaged about their financial portfolio.
Pros
So much information and resources readily available regarding money
Cons
emotional roller coaster at times
Amazing
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMay 18, 2015
The management was beyond organized and understanding. The coworkers were fun and theres was always some form of appreciation for the employees whether it be free pizza or the boss taking us out for dinner quite often. Would recommend this job opportunity to anyone.
Pros
free lunches, compensated hours, flexibility
Friendly environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QCAugust 13, 2015
Great company- friendly environment.
Most positions are based on comission which is stressful for most advisors. Flexible hours, you meet clients on your own time.
They are in the business of selling fees not managing money professionaly
Senior Executive Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 16, 2015
100 percent commission. Can work for the right individual.
They are great at attracting people new to the industry.
Management and leadership is outdated and only care for the bottom line.
Investment selection is horrible and full of high fees.
Hard working professionals providing excellent service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 21, 2015
A beautiful building to go too work each day, filled with compassionate people and business professionals.
I learned the expectations of a CSR in the mortgage department demands a high level of professionalism dealing with inbound and outbound calls from clients and mortgage planning specialists while managing your time efficiently handling e-mails and over the phone requests.
Management was nothing but supportive, they provided a high level of attention to those who require help or professional development.
The co-workers are very knowledgeable and considerate to those that they deal with on the phone or in person.
Hardest part of the day was being able to stretch your legs, you are confined to an office space for a couple hours at a time.
The most enjoyable part of the day was feeling accomplished after a hard days work.
Pros
activity days, benefits, location
Cons
sitting for extended periods of time
some sports or fun outing, lack of communication between colleagues. Never have the good environment as there are different division. Human nature.
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  calgaryMay 14, 2015
Nothing is free and easy, work hard but must have result that will keep you going wherever you are. No right no wrong but is your choice.
Pros
sometimes free lunch
Cons
commission based
Awesome
Assistant to Mortgage Specialist (Current Employee) –  Yonge and Sheppard, Toronto ONAugust 19, 2015
My exxperience at Investors Group has been amazing, however my current position doesnt hold enough hours for me to support myself.
love to have a balance in life which will make me happy and productive
Client Service Administrator I (Current Employee) –  North YorkMarch 8, 2015
I love to work in an environment where I can be interact with clients and since I have an excellent customer service abilities I find that I should pursue my passion and desire to be able to do what I LOVE in life by assisting others through beautiful make up products and explaining to them how to apply and enjoy wearing such luxurious products.

I think since this is a passion I am bound to do excellent in selling products and adding to the over-all profit of the company.
Pros
have to have my one hour lunch break to clear my head
Cons
there are non that i can think of