Investors Group Employee Reviews

Interesting, full of challenging and flexible
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2016
My daily works are

1. Asking for appointments from warm market and cold market

2. Reading market indexes

3. Preparing the appointment if I had

4. Improving myself to be more professional
Pros
Free coffee
Great People
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON24 October 2016
IG is focused on their clients. The company is all about ensuring the future of their clients.

The focus is to make sure that every client has a Financial Plan that can show them where they will be throughout there life financially.
Pros
Customer Focused
Great experience
Executive Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 October 2016
Working for a senior advisor gave an insight on what the company and the business they do is all about. Great learning experience.
need to provide small salary
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ontario31 July 2016
need to know people with alot of money
very stressful
fees too high

flexible schedule good but need to be able to make sales quickly and continual

co workers good all in same boat

managers misleading, management doesn't care about success get paid either way

learned alot about financial planning
Pros
flexible independent learning environment
Cons
pay comission hard to make a living
Enjoyable place to work
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL25 July 2016
I enjoy my career with Investors Group. Wonderful experiences and team building. I have a strong relationship with co-workers and CEO. I value relationship building with employees and clients. As part of the management team I won awards for top achievement in the Financial Planning industry. The most difficult part of the role is the 100% commission. Thus I am looking for a salary position.
Too brief
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2016
I was not with this company for any significant period to provide a meaningful review. For the brief period with the company I found the management and colleagues very supportive and willing to help me in my pursuit of building my portfolio.
Pros
Very professional and supportive management
Cons
Need reasonable financial base from which to grow portfolio of business
Financial Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 June 2016
The sky is the limit when it comes to earning potential. You just have to be motivated and driven.

Great flexibility

Lots of training available to increase your knolwedge.
Productive, Great Learning Experience
Intern - Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2016
It was a great learning experience to work at investors group. There was great office culture and all the team leaders were very supportive and helpful.
Learned a lot
Business Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 May 2016
Investors Group is an insurance company that primarily generates revenue from hiring consultants to do the brunt of the prospecting and bringing clients into the company--mostly friends and family members, as well as their references. If sales targets aren't met within the quarter or within half a year, consultants lose their business to their division manager.

I learned a lot: prospecting, talking with business owners, getting past the gatekeepers, etc. The culture was fantastic, and most people were pretty friendly and talkative.
Pros
- Learned a lot; culture was fantastic and everybody was very friendly
Cons
- Prospecting was not easy
Poor structure, lack support and minimal training
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 April 2016
I worked at Edmonton Southside for a short period of time. I received minimal training and was left to learn everything on my own for the most part. When I sought out to learn procedures from head office I was told different ways to go about them .Very time consuming and frustrating. Consultants I worked for were vacationing frequently and I was left to take the rap for their mistakes. Spent a lot of time on the phone with head office, who also lacked the knowledge and skills to relay correct information on clients accounts and procedures. Which kept me away from getting other aspects of the job completed. Consistently got the run around from staff at region office who were unfortunately very cliquey aND gossipy. Very unprofessional and toxic in my opinion. My position has a turnover rate of 3 months-4 months. If you don't have money to invest, you are not treated equal. Why would anyone want to invest their money or refer their friends/family money if you are not treated equal......
Seemed like pure money hungry leaches to me.
Pros
Can independantly work.
Cons
terrible service and training
Terrible workplace
Executive Administration/Office Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 April 2016
Not supportive of advisors. You pay for your office, staff and run up debits.

Lots of pressure. Management is poor and fund performance is bad.
Pros
training
Cons
Mutual Funds fees
Require strong network
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2016
Excellent support from management to Consultants
Deliberately designed and fool-proof processes
Very promising career in a very long term (10+ years)
Gives a lot of flexibility
IG truly cares about their clients and employees.
Financial Planner (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 March 2016
This is a company which in an age of forcing product down customers throats, rise above that. They know that doing what's right and ethical for your client will benefit them and yourself in the end. I love that view and more companies should have it.
Very professional work place
Internship (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 February 2016
My co-workers always helped me. They taught me how I could search resumes and send recruiting e-mails to potential employees.
productive and good environment
Assistant (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 January 2016
It was a place in which i feel comfortable but i did not enjoy at all because what i like its fitness and everything related with that
Pros
events, benefits
Tough Job
CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 December 2015
75% of consultants do not make it after the first year. Need a large network of supporters. If you ever end up leaving the company because you did not succeed. Prepare to PAY the company $$$ because you are likely to owe the company money.
not much return for personal investment
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  British Columbia20 December 2015
Lack of support and training.
Misrepresentation about income and expenses
Expected to always put company above family needs
Very cutthroat in own office space amongst consultants.
Lack of leadership
Pros
not much
Cons
put your own money into company for none to little return
Solid Foundation for a Canadian's guide to money
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 December 2015
Investors Group opened my eyes to the whole concept to managing finances. My role as a Financial Adviser was to help families plan their financial future, set goals and plan for the unexpected. Throughout the job, I gathered a lot of knowledge regarding taxation and how to make your money give you the best returns. A work day would typically consist to me servicing client investments and prospect new clients. I have learnt a lot of new ways to acquire new clients through hosting programs and events. I also managed a team that helped me gather new clients through tele-marketing. My co-workers were all wonderful and unique individuals. They conducted their schedule in different ways and there's a lot I have learnt being around such dynamic co-workers. Sometimes the hardest part of the job was to keep motivated and to stay on track during prospecting. Another hard yet rewarding process of the job was to manage the emotions of the clients during periods of market volatility. While it is a tough time, I took accountability and handled all the concerns which left them feeling calmer and more engaged about their financial portfolio.
Pros
So much information and resources readily available regarding money
Cons
emotional roller coaster at times
Application Analyst / Developer
Assistant Financial advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2015
Built and managed all application software for employee to support publishing products in daily. Performed DBA to design and implement database. (VB6, Oracle, Access, JSP, HTML)
Very good environment and no surprises. Good people.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON19 November 2015
Although this is a contract role for me I am very pleased with the environment and the outcome. I am doing this work part time. The terms of the contract are being adhered to and the advisor I work with is very fair and easy to work with. He really appreciates what I am doing for him.