Investors Group Employee Review

View all Investors Group reviews

Professional, challenging, entrepreneurial, outgoing
FINANCIAL ADVISOR, ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 May 2013
While my experience with Investors Group was short it was the job that had the greatest impact on my life. The training there has helped sharpen certain skills like marketing, sales, customer/client service, human relation skills like developing relationships with people, a better understanding of how to run your own business or practice. It has helped me develop a sense of professionalism that I still carry with me to date. I have a greater working knowledge on client life cycles and demographics, and how to provide value. The training and resources were amazing when it came to investments, insurance, mortgages, and other products and services available. My co workers there were fantastic. There was lots of support from them as well as the management. I valued the professionalism as well as the positive energy of the office and people's willingness to help the starting consultants. The hardest part of the job would be the fact that it is 100% commission based and you have to find your own clients. Coming into the business at my age at 24 I was at a disadvantage because of my experience and network. However I gave it my best shot I possibly could. I had decided that it was not the right time in my life to pursue Investors Group. The most enjoyable part of the job having the opportunity to build relationships with new clients, and show them effective and efficient ways on how to reach their financial goals quicker, faster and easier than they would on their own. I also enjoyed developing a wide range of different skills, the role tests you in every way imaginable  more... and was challenging which is another reason why I appreciated working their. I am thankful that I had the opportunity to work their.  less

Other Investors Group Employee Reviews

All in all was okay
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 December 2017
The company is very well known and big. It has so many workers and managers. I loved worked for that company. The benefits and security was incomparable. Very good. It was self managed job. And it was customer service job mostly which has to be communicated with clients.

All that glitters is not gold
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 December 2017
This is a position that requires a great deal of commitment and family support, particularly in the beginning ; you have to build your business from the ground, up. If you can succeed at doing it, then you and your family, will enjoy a good life.
Pros
Set your own hours
Cons
Time away from the family is considerable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Investors Group. Our community is ready to answer.