Investors Group Employee Reviews in Canada

productive and good environment
Assistant (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 26, 2016
It was a place in which i feel comfortable but i did not enjoy at all because what i like its fitness and everything related with that
Pros
events, benefits
Cons
Hard working professionals providing excellent service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 21, 2015
A beautiful building to go too work each day, filled with compassionate people and business professionals.
I learned the expectations of a CSR in the mortgage department demands a high level of professionalism dealing with inbound and outbound calls from clients and mortgage planning specialists while managing your time efficiently handling e-mails and over the phone requests.
Management was nothing but supportive, they provided a high level of attention to those who require help or professional development.
The co-workers are very knowledgeable and considerate to those that they deal with on the phone or in person.
Hardest part of the day was being able to stretch your legs, you are confined to an office space for a couple hours at a time.
The most enjoyable part of the day was feeling accomplished after a hard days work.
Pros
activity days, benefits, location
Cons
sitting for extended periods of time
Learned a lot
Business Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 14, 2016
Investors Group is an insurance company that primarily generates revenue from hiring consultants to do the brunt of the prospecting and bringing clients into the company--mostly friends and family members, as well as their references. If sales targets aren't met within the quarter or within half a year, consultants lose their business to their division manager.

I learned a lot: prospecting, talking with business owners, getting past the gatekeepers, etc. The culture was fantastic, and most people were pretty friendly and talkative.
Pros
- Learned a lot; culture was fantastic and everybody was very friendly
Cons
- Prospecting was not easy
Require strong network
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 2, 2016
Excellent support from management to Consultants
Deliberately designed and fool-proof processes
Very promising career in a very long term (10+ years)
Gives a lot of flexibility
Investors Group is a great employee.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 10, 2015
Investors Group is a great employee. There salary is really good. There is a lot of opportunities to grow within the company. As an consultant, you learn alot about the various investment products and about various business sectors.
Poor structure, lack support and minimal training
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 23, 2016
I worked at Edmonton Southside for a short period of time. I received minimal training and was left to learn everything on my own for the most part. When I sought out to learn procedures from head office I was told different ways to go about them .Very time consuming and frustrating. Consultants I worked for were vacationing frequently and I was left to take the rap for their mistakes. Spent a lot of time on the phone with head office, who also lacked the knowledge and skills to relay correct information on clients accounts and procedures. Which kept me away from getting other aspects of the job completed. Consistently got the run around from staff at region office who were unfortunately very cliquey aND gossipy. Very unprofessional and toxic in my opinion. My position has a turnover rate of 3 months-4 months. If you don't have money to invest, you are not treated equal. Why would anyone want to invest their money or refer their friends/family money if you are not treated equal......
Seemed like pure money hungry leaches to me.
Pros
Can independantly work.
Cons
terrible service and training
Great Training Program
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSAugust 9, 2015
Investors Group has a great training program and really allows the employees to gain new skills and assets. The coworkers are great and the management team is available for help at all times.
Pros
Training, Practical Experience
Cons
Salary, Commission Based
Too brief
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 13, 2016
I was not with this company for any significant period to provide a meaningful review. For the brief period with the company I found the management and colleagues very supportive and willing to help me in my pursuit of building my portfolio.
Pros
Very professional and supportive management
Cons
Need reasonable financial base from which to grow portfolio of business
Without a doubt the best place I have ever worked!
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABNovember 22, 2014
It is incredible when you get to go into work and know that you will be positively affecting someone's life every single day. That is the feeling I get when I get to our office each morning. Investors Group sets out such an easy to follow time tested system to create success. The people are second to none and will do anything that they possible can to help each other achieve excellence. The combination of the pay and support structures are better than any other company that I researched before joining the company.
All-in-all a great place to spend your career.
Pros
flexible hours (you basically make your own), pay is great, support and additional benefits, management, coworkers
Cons
not a job for very dependent people
Challenging and varied
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  ottawa, ONJune 15, 2015
Fun, challenging, good working atmosphere, trusting, not micromanaged. Varied work obligations. Good management. Nice co-workers. Excellent coffee machine for free!
Pros
not micro-managed
Cons
low salary
IG truly cares about their clients and employees.
Financial Planner (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMarch 23, 2016
This is a company which in an age of forcing product down customers throats, rise above that. They know that doing what's right and ethical for your client will benefit them and yourself in the end. I love that view and more companies should have it.
Productive, Great Learning Experience
Intern - Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 30, 2016
It was a great learning experience to work at investors group. There was great office culture and all the team leaders were very supportive and helpful.
Financial Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 3, 2016
The sky is the limit when it comes to earning potential. You just have to be motivated and driven.

Great flexibility

Lots of training available to increase your knolwedge.
Terrible workplace
Executive Administration/Office Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 15, 2016
Not supportive of advisors. You pay for your office, staff and run up debits.

Lots of pressure. Management is poor and fund performance is bad.
Pros
training
Cons
Mutual Funds fees
It was a great place to work. Very professional and clean office. Very nice people and I would recommend anyone to work there.
Receptionist/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 14, 2015
I enjoyed my employment at Investors Group. The people were great and there were many opportunities for advancement. They also have fun activities in the office from time to time that add a little extra joy to your work day. It's a very professional environment and I respect the amount of dedication the Financial Advisers and Division Managers put into their client's financial needs. It was overall a great experience and I would recommend anyone to work there.
Human Resources Administrator Internship (Current Employee) –  Toronto ONApril 29, 2015
Great Corporate Culture. Good experience overall. I really enjoy working here. Great Unlimited income potential benefits
Good
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 15, 2015
It's good company with well known name and it has a lot of professional employees, but their compensation system is not competitive for someone new in the business.
Very professional work place
Internship (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 15, 2016
My co-workers always helped me. They taught me how I could search resumes and send recruiting e-mails to potential employees.
Client Service Contact Centre Conservative
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 12, 2015
Th Client Services division with in the company is challenging to say the least. There are many opportunities to add employee satisfaction and development while better servicing our clients.

The agents who work in this department are amazing! The hardest part of the job is not being able to make change for them in an environment that desperately needs it.

The most enjoyable part of the job is recognizing individual and team efforts and accomplishments also having many opportunities for community service.
Pros
Involvement with the community, volunteer opportunities
Cons
Traditional way of thinking. Change is not welcomed if it doesn't come from management
Solid Foundation for a Canadian's guide to money
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 14, 2015
Investors Group opened my eyes to the whole concept to managing finances. My role as a Financial Adviser was to help families plan their financial future, set goals and plan for the unexpected. Throughout the job, I gathered a lot of knowledge regarding taxation and how to make your money give you the best returns. A work day would typically consist to me servicing client investments and prospect new clients. I have learnt a lot of new ways to acquire new clients through hosting programs and events. I also managed a team that helped me gather new clients through tele-marketing. My co-workers were all wonderful and unique individuals. They conducted their schedule in different ways and there's a lot I have learnt being around such dynamic co-workers. Sometimes the hardest part of the job was to keep motivated and to stay on track during prospecting. Another hard yet rewarding process of the job was to manage the emotions of the clients during periods of market volatility. While it is a tough time, I took accountability and handled all the concerns which left them feeling calmer and more engaged about their financial portfolio.
Pros
So much information and resources readily available regarding money
Cons
emotional roller coaster at times