Investors Group Employee Reviews

Enjoyable place to work
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLJuly 25, 2016
I enjoy my career with Investors Group. Wonderful experiences and team building. I have a strong relationship with co-workers and CEO. I value relationship building with employees and clients. As part of the management team I won awards for top achievement in the Financial Planning industry. The most difficult part of the role is the 100% commission. Thus I am looking for a salary position.
need to provide small salary
Consultant (Current Employee) –  OntarioJuly 31, 2016
need to know people with alot of money
very stressful
fees too high

flexible schedule good but need to be able to make sales quickly and continual

co workers good all in same boat

managers misleading, management doesn't care about success get paid either way

learned alot about financial planning
Pros
flexible independent learning environment
Cons
pay comission hard to make a living
Too brief
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 13, 2016
I was not with this company for any significant period to provide a meaningful review. For the brief period with the company I found the management and colleagues very supportive and willing to help me in my pursuit of building my portfolio.
Pros
Very professional and supportive management
Cons
Need reasonable financial base from which to grow portfolio of business
Learned a lot
Business Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 14, 2016
Investors Group is an insurance company that primarily generates revenue from hiring consultants to do the brunt of the prospecting and bringing clients into the company--mostly friends and family members, as well as their references. If sales targets aren't met within the quarter or within half a year, consultants lose their business to their division manager.

I learned a lot: prospecting, talking with business owners, getting past the gatekeepers, etc. The culture was fantastic, and most people were pretty friendly and talkative.
Pros
- Learned a lot; culture was fantastic and everybody was very friendly
Cons
- Prospecting was not easy
IG truly cares about their clients and employees.
Financial Planner (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMarch 23, 2016
This is a company which in an age of forcing product down customers throats, rise above that. They know that doing what's right and ethical for your client will benefit them and yourself in the end. I love that view and more companies should have it.
Productive, Great Learning Experience
Intern - Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 30, 2016
It was a great learning experience to work at investors group. There was great office culture and all the team leaders were very supportive and helpful.
Financial Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 3, 2016
The sky is the limit when it comes to earning potential. You just have to be motivated and driven.

Great flexibility

Lots of training available to increase your knolwedge.
Terrible workplace
Executive Administration/Office Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 15, 2016
Not supportive of advisors. You pay for your office, staff and run up debits.

Lots of pressure. Management is poor and fund performance is bad.
Pros
training
Cons
Mutual Funds fees
Require strong network
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 2, 2016
Excellent support from management to Consultants
Deliberately designed and fool-proof processes
Very promising career in a very long term (10+ years)
Gives a lot of flexibility
Poor structure, lack support and minimal training
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 23, 2016
I worked at Edmonton Southside for a short period of time. I received minimal training and was left to learn everything on my own for the most part. When I sought out to learn procedures from head office I was told different ways to go about them .Very time consuming and frustrating. Consultants I worked for were vacationing frequently and I was left to take the rap for their mistakes. Spent a lot of time on the phone with head office, who also lacked the knowledge and skills to relay correct information on clients accounts and procedures. Which kept me away from getting other aspects of the job completed. Consistently got the run around from staff at region office who were unfortunately very cliquey aND gossipy. Very unprofessional and toxic in my opinion. My position has a turnover rate of 3 months-4 months. If you don't have money to invest, you are not treated equal. Why would anyone want to invest their money or refer their friends/family money if you are not treated equal......
Seemed like pure money hungry leaches to me.
Pros
Can independantly work.
Cons
terrible service and training
not much return for personal investment
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  British ColumbiaDecember 20, 2015
Lack of support and training.
Misrepresentation about income and expenses
Expected to always put company above family needs
Very cutthroat in own office space amongst consultants.
Lack of leadership
Pros
not much
Cons
put your own money into company for none to little return
Very good environment and no surprises. Good people.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONNovember 19, 2015
Although this is a contract role for me I am very pleased with the environment and the outcome. I am doing this work part time. The terms of the contract are being adhered to and the advisor I work with is very fair and easy to work with. He really appreciates what I am doing for him.
Challenging with open opportunity
Consultant / Division Director Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 18, 2015
working environment varies based on the people you works with. most of the surroundings are nice and helpful. it is very delightful. the training is very useful, you will have your eyes opened but networking is the thing that kills most of the consultant's confidence.
Typical Day
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 13, 2015
I love the idea of my job. I do not enjoy the pay structure. Every day is a new challenge and every day I get to help people, which is what I love. The people in my office are great, the clients that I have brought on are great. The only thing that is not great is finding new clients and making money while doing everything in my power to do the right thing for them. That makes making money difficult and times are difficult enough already.
productive and good environment
Assistant (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 26, 2016
It was a place in which i feel comfortable but i did not enjoy at all because what i like its fitness and everything related with that
Pros
events, benefits
Tough Job
CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 30, 2015
75% of consultants do not make it after the first year. Need a large network of supporters. If you ever end up leaving the company because you did not succeed. Prepare to PAY the company $$$ because you are likely to owe the company money.
Very professional work place
Internship (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 15, 2016
My co-workers always helped me. They taught me how I could search resumes and send recruiting e-mails to potential employees.
It was a great place to work. Very professional and clean office. Very nice people and I would recommend anyone to work there.
Receptionist/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 14, 2015
I enjoyed my employment at Investors Group. The people were great and there were many opportunities for advancement. They also have fun activities in the office from time to time that add a little extra joy to your work day. It's a very professional environment and I respect the amount of dedication the Financial Advisers and Division Managers put into their client's financial needs. It was overall a great experience and I would recommend anyone to work there.
Productive and fun workplace
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 8, 2015
A typical day at work consists of working with highly talented individuals who make a living by advising on how to manage clients' monies. Excellent work/life balance, the down side is that you only get paid when you provide service to a client, and this could be very tricky for a new consultant in the business.
Application Analyst / Developer
Assistant Financial advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 4, 2015
Built and managed all application software for employee to support publishing products in daily. Performed DBA to design and implement database. (VB6, Oracle, Access, JSP, HTML)