Investors Group Employee Reviews

Great culture
Independent Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB14 November 2016
Great culture with a flexible schedule. Great recognition programs however there is a declining compensation structure for new consultants. Each region office has their own leadership and cultural design.
Pros
GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS
Cons
NO ROOM FOR ADVANCEMENT, LIMITED PRODUCT SHELF
Enjoyable place to work
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL25 July 2016
I enjoy my career with Investors Group. Wonderful experiences and team building. I have a strong relationship with co-workers and CEO. I value relationship building with employees and clients. As part of the management team I won awards for top achievement in the Financial Planning industry. The most difficult part of the role is the 100% commission. Thus I am looking for a salary position.
Productive and nice place to work
Admin/Assistant/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 November 2016
Great management good perks and benefits. Always depend on who you work for as their assistant. Can be a stressful environment because you are working for a commissioned employee.
tough business with no salary
Financial Planner (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 November 2016
good culture in the office,m but a tough business to be in with no salary. Independent work, compensation is entirely based on assets brought in to IG.
need to provide small salary
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ontario31 July 2016
need to know people with alot of money
very stressful
fees too high

flexible schedule good but need to be able to make sales quickly and continual

co workers good all in same boat

managers misleading, management doesn't care about success get paid either way

learned alot about financial planning
Pros
flexible independent learning environment
Cons
pay comission hard to make a living
Great People
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON24 October 2016
IG is focused on their clients. The company is all about ensuring the future of their clients.

The focus is to make sure that every client has a Financial Plan that can show them where they will be throughout there life financially.
Pros
Customer Focused
productive and good environment
Assistant (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 January 2016
It was a place in which i feel comfortable but i did not enjoy at all because what i like its fitness and everything related with that
Pros
events, benefits
Job Security
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 December 2016
Investors Group has new annual requirements each consultant must achieve in order to work for the company.
16 New investment clients as well as retaining 1.75 million in assets annually. If you do not complete the minimums your contract will not renew.
Co-workers are fantastic.
High office fees, high specialist fees and no one is allowed their own private office.
Private office space is only given to directors or high performers.
Pros
Weekly Training
Cons
No Mentor-ships
Great training and opportunity
CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 December 2016
Excellent company - great opportunity
Able to locate across Canada
The education and training are excellent
The products and services are varied and very good quality
A collegial and helpful corporate culture
Learned a lot
Business Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 May 2016
Investors Group is an insurance company that primarily generates revenue from hiring consultants to do the brunt of the prospecting and bringing clients into the company--mostly friends and family members, as well as their references. If sales targets aren't met within the quarter or within half a year, consultants lose their business to their division manager.

I learned a lot: prospecting, talking with business owners, getting past the gatekeepers, etc. The culture was fantastic, and most people were pretty friendly and talkative.
Pros
- Learned a lot; culture was fantastic and everybody was very friendly
Cons
- Prospecting was not easy
Too brief
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2016
I was not with this company for any significant period to provide a meaningful review. For the brief period with the company I found the management and colleagues very supportive and willing to help me in my pursuit of building my portfolio.
Pros
Very professional and supportive management
Cons
Need reasonable financial base from which to grow portfolio of business
Hard working professionals providing excellent service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 June 2015
A beautiful building to go too work each day, filled with compassionate people and business professionals.
I learned the expectations of a CSR in the mortgage department demands a high level of professionalism dealing with inbound and outbound calls from clients and mortgage planning specialists while managing your time efficiently handling e-mails and over the phone requests.
Management was nothing but supportive, they provided a high level of attention to those who require help or professional development.
The co-workers are very knowledgeable and considerate to those that they deal with on the phone or in person.
Hardest part of the day was being able to stretch your legs, you are confined to an office space for a couple hours at a time.
The most enjoyable part of the day was feeling accomplished after a hard days work.
Pros
activity days, benefits, location
Cons
sitting for extended periods of time
It was a very Positive Experience
financial consultant (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC15 November 2016
I enjoyed my work as I was able to use my abilities and personality to grow a business. I received the education and training to do the job and yet enjoyed the freedom to work independently.
Cold-hearted, Fake People
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 November 2016
Money hungry people with no heart. Dog eat dog attitude. Customer is definitely not first. It's all sales, go go go, more more more, for me me me. Very shrewd place!
Pros
Cons
Dog eat dog, fend for yourself among them.
Interesting, full of challenging and flexible
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2016
My daily works are

1. Asking for appointments from warm market and cold market

2. Reading market indexes

3. Preparing the appointment if I had

4. Improving myself to be more professional
Pros
Free coffee
productive
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 November 2016
This place is a self motivated workplace. good for young entrepreneurs to build themselves from the ground up and be able to use what they learn to create their own small business
Pros
entrepreneur
Cons
commission
Great experience
Executive Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 October 2016
Working for a senior advisor gave an insight on what the company and the business they do is all about. Great learning experience.
Without a doubt the best place I have ever worked!
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB22 November 2014
It is incredible when you get to go into work and know that you will be positively affecting someone's life every single day. That is the feeling I get when I get to our office each morning. Investors Group sets out such an easy to follow time tested system to create success. The people are second to none and will do anything that they possible can to help each other achieve excellence. The combination of the pay and support structures are better than any other company that I researched before joining the company.
All-in-all a great place to spend your career.
Pros
Flexible hours (you basically make your own), pay is great, support and additional benefits, management, coworkers
Cons
Not a job for very dependent people
Require strong network
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2016
Excellent support from management to Consultants
Deliberately designed and fool-proof processes
Very promising career in a very long term (10+ years)
Gives a lot of flexibility
Poor structure, lack support and minimal training
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 April 2016
I worked at Edmonton Southside for a short period of time. I received minimal training and was left to learn everything on my own for the most part. When I sought out to learn procedures from head office I was told different ways to go about them .Very time consuming and frustrating. Consultants I worked for were vacationing frequently and I was left to take the rap for their mistakes. Spent a lot of time on the phone with head office, who also lacked the knowledge and skills to relay correct information on clients accounts and procedures. Which kept me away from getting other aspects of the job completed. Consistently got the run around from staff at region office who were unfortunately very cliquey aND gossipy. Very unprofessional and toxic in my opinion. My position has a turnover rate of 3 months-4 months. If you don't have money to invest, you are not treated equal. Why would anyone want to invest their money or refer their friends/family money if you are not treated equal......
Seemed like pure money hungry leaches to me.
Pros
Can independantly work.
Cons
terrible service and training