Investors Group Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Bonne ambiance de travail
Conseiller en Sécurité Financière (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC15 September 2017
Bonne ambiance de travail conviviale.
Très bonne formation et de bons directeurs de division
Good business opportunity
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 September 2017
Only a good business opportunity because they instruct you to get your Mutual Fund license first. Once you have that license, you cannot go and find another job to supplement your purely commission-based income. As a new hire, they need to understand that it can take some time for people to get their practice up and running. You better have a spouse or a partner who has steady employment and can support the household while you get your career up and running. Not recommended for single people who rely on a steady income to support themselves. You will go broke fast if you don't have what it takes to hustle and find rich people willing to invest. Most families I helped were up to their ears in debt and were looking for help to get out of it, not to invest. Did mostly loan consolidations through home equity loans or re-mortgage.
Pros
freedom of workday schedule
Cons
No flexibility in employment options to support a commission income
Flexible and fun
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC7 September 2017
It was a great positive environment to work in, and being an independent consultant could be at office when needed so family work balance was great. The training was informative and hands on.
Pros
Self motivated work545
Cons
Commission based
Very flexible, but it's not as easy as they make it seem!
Associate Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, ON1 September 2017
Investors Group offers good training on products to its employees, but very little sales training. If you're a natural sales person this could be a good fit for you. If you're not, don't get drawn in by the potential to make money. Financial services is a tough business!
Good company but lack of training available to employees
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL29 August 2017
Throughly enjoyed the people I worked with however there was not much guidance to its new consultants. Need more training available so consultants can feel confident going into appointments with prospective clients. Also believe fees should be lower for newer consultants starting out.
A great place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC29 August 2017
Working for associates is great, you have one boss. The whole company though make you feel very much as family. From Christmas cards to your whole family to regional get togethers.
Brilliant Workplace
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 August 2017
I love my work there and won't ever quit. IG has excellent support and the salary is up to consultants, as we work for ourselves under contract.

IG allows for premium work/life balance and total flexibility regarding hours.

It is particularly gratifying to see financial plans work for clients--it is, after all, about them--and seeing clients flourish under a balanced and thoughtful financial plan is the ultimate reward.
IG was not a great company, especially at the Regional level.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pincher Creek, AB23 August 2017
- you are your own boss for the most part

- learned allot about the financial industry

- corporate culture was okay, had a lot of great support up and down the company, except at the Regional level
Pros
Learned allot
Cons
Support from the Regional level was not there
Biased Management
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2017
As a consultant, you don't really feel you are self employed.
The management does not really listened or recognize the individuality of each consultant on how they want to run their business
Great place to be
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO DIVISION DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON14 August 2017
IG is a great place to work. The hours are great. I enjoy working with the people in the office. If you are a new consultant, the hardest part of the job is finding clients and the continuous motivation. The management team is very supportive and helpful.
Great coworkers
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON27 July 2017
IG is a great place to work. The Consultants who employ me are fair and friendly.
The Clients who we serve are a great pleasure to work with. My office is bright and clean and roomy.
Amazing place to work
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC27 July 2017
A company that truly cares about clients and employees. The day to day environment is supportive of consultants and their are many benefits available. Great compensation structure for new hires as well.
Overall great place to work
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2017
The culture is great coworkers are very supportive and management is very positive and follows the realm “leader” definition, where they lead not micro manage.
Very flexible if you know how to manage your own time
Hi
Mutual Funds Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC14 July 2017
We focus on six areas of your financial life to help you get more out of your money, so you can get more out of life. As good as life may be, we can always get better.
Work is consistent, fast paced and repetitive
Mortgage Administrator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 July 2017
A typical day at this organization involves computer data entry as well as data processing. Volumes of work peak in the summer months. Cross training is encouraged. I enjoyed writing macros despite the ensuing repetition.
Pros
consistent and reliable work demand ensures demand for employees
Cons
repetition
A great learning environment, and highly flexible for everyone!
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 July 2017
I briefly worked at Investor's Group as a co-op student, and the environment was very positive. My superiors were always willing to assist me, not to mention the frequent workshops run by subject matter experts. The corporation really seems to care about its employees and clients alike.
Pros
Smart co-workers, flexible hours, helpful managers, and LOTS of free food
Cons
Limited growth opportunities for the non-finance employees (e.g. HR)
fun worplace with a lot of good guy, no pressure
first level of computer technical support (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 July 2017
Investors group is a nice place to work
the management is very kind and accompanied their employee with their need
the most enjoyable part is when the work is busy the management team always find something to make you feel good
Highly professional working environment.
Co-op Placement (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 July 2017
Highly professional working environment. Professional advancement depends on the personal commitments to the professional goal settings and continuous achievement.
Cons
Job is expensive because it's self employment job.
Difficult.
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON29 June 2017
Make sure you have a significant financial reserve or client network before joining. Wonderful workplace culture though, with a high emphasis on constant learning.
The Good and The Bad
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON26 June 2017
There is a lot of training and encouragement at IG. From working here, I have learned so much about financial planning. I truly believe I did great financial planning for my clients. I don't regret working here, especially because of all the skills that I've obtained from the perspective of running my own business.

It is extremely hard to do well at IG. Very few people find a rhythm. I did pretty well, but after all the expenses of working there and marketing expenses, there wasn't much take home. I put a lot into my business. Unfortunately, I quit because the stress and work I put into my work outweighed the rewards.

Our new CEO has made great changes to our company, and I only expect things to go uphill, but the uncertainty was too much for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Investors Group. Our community is ready to answer.