Investors Group Employee Reviews

Require strong network
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 2, 2016
Excellent support from management to Consultants
Deliberately designed and fool-proof processes
Very promising career in a very long term (10+ years)
Gives a lot of flexibility
Learned a lot
Business Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 14, 2016
Investors Group is an insurance company that primarily generates revenue from hiring consultants to do the brunt of the prospecting and bringing clients into the company--mostly friends and family members, as well as their references. If sales targets aren't met within the quarter or within half a year, consultants lose their business to their division manager.

I learned a lot: prospecting, talking with business owners, getting past the gatekeepers, etc. The culture was fantastic, and most people were pretty friendly and talkative.
Pros
- Learned a lot; culture was fantastic and everybody was very friendly
Cons
- Prospecting was not easy
productive and good environment
Assistant (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 26, 2016
It was a place in which i feel comfortable but i did not enjoy at all because what i like its fitness and everything related with that
Pros
events, benefits
Enjoyable place to work
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLJuly 25, 2016
I enjoy my career with Investors Group. Wonderful experiences and team building. I have a strong relationship with co-workers and CEO. I value relationship building with employees and clients. As part of the management team I won awards for top achievement in the Financial Planning industry. The most difficult part of the role is the 100% commission. Thus I am looking for a salary position.
need to provide small salary
Consultant (Current Employee) –  OntarioJuly 31, 2016
need to know people with alot of money
very stressful
fees too high

flexible schedule good but need to be able to make sales quickly and continual

co workers good all in same boat

managers misleading, management doesn't care about success get paid either way

learned alot about financial planning
Pros
flexible independent learning environment
Cons
pay comission hard to make a living
Poor structure, lack support and minimal training
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 23, 2016
I worked at Edmonton Southside for a short period of time. I received minimal training and was left to learn everything on my own for the most part. When I sought out to learn procedures from head office I was told different ways to go about them .Very time consuming and frustrating. Consultants I worked for were vacationing frequently and I was left to take the rap for their mistakes. Spent a lot of time on the phone with head office, who also lacked the knowledge and skills to relay correct information on clients accounts and procedures. Which kept me away from getting other aspects of the job completed. Consistently got the run around from staff at region office who were unfortunately very cliquey aND gossipy. Very unprofessional and toxic in my opinion. My position has a turnover rate of 3 months-4 months. If you don't have money to invest, you are not treated equal. Why would anyone want to invest their money or refer their friends/family money if you are not treated equal......
Seemed like pure money hungry leaches to me.
Pros
Can independantly work.
Cons
terrible service and training
Too brief
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 13, 2016
I was not with this company for any significant period to provide a meaningful review. For the brief period with the company I found the management and colleagues very supportive and willing to help me in my pursuit of building my portfolio.
Pros
Very professional and supportive management
Cons
Need reasonable financial base from which to grow portfolio of business
Hard working professionals providing excellent service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 21, 2015
A beautiful building to go too work each day, filled with compassionate people and business professionals.
I learned the expectations of a CSR in the mortgage department demands a high level of professionalism dealing with inbound and outbound calls from clients and mortgage planning specialists while managing your time efficiently handling e-mails and over the phone requests.
Management was nothing but supportive, they provided a high level of attention to those who require help or professional development.
The co-workers are very knowledgeable and considerate to those that they deal with on the phone or in person.
Hardest part of the day was being able to stretch your legs, you are confined to an office space for a couple hours at a time.
The most enjoyable part of the day was feeling accomplished after a hard days work.
Pros
activity days, benefits, location
Cons
sitting for extended periods of time
Without a doubt the best place I have ever worked!
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABNovember 22, 2014
It is incredible when you get to go into work and know that you will be positively affecting someone's life every single day. That is the feeling I get when I get to our office each morning. Investors Group sets out such an easy to follow time tested system to create success. The people are second to none and will do anything that they possible can to help each other achieve excellence. The combination of the pay and support structures are better than any other company that I researched before joining the company.
All-in-all a great place to spend your career.
Pros
flexible hours (you basically make your own), pay is great, support and additional benefits, management, coworkers
Cons
not a job for very dependent people
Financial Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 3, 2016
The sky is the limit when it comes to earning potential. You just have to be motivated and driven.

Great flexibility

Lots of training available to increase your knolwedge.
Productive, Great Learning Experience
Intern - Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 30, 2016
It was a great learning experience to work at investors group. There was great office culture and all the team leaders were very supportive and helpful.
An amiable and cooperative working environment with limited scope of career advancement
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  North York, ONMarch 7, 2014
A typical day at work in Investors Group is busy, supported by fast paced technology and we were able to have fun within its amiable working culture. The Management is awesome, supportive and benevolent. I work for self employed individuals who operates their business under the corporate name of investors Group, so there are hardly any organized or streamlined career advancement opportunities within my job, neither any prescribed pay structure.
Personally and from professional perspective I have learned a lot from my bosses, they enriched my life in so many ways, I cannot explain that. They are hard working, organized, supporting professionals with the best to offer for their clients.
Pros
offers numerous training opportunities, supportive management
Cons
low pay structure
Great Place
Financial Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 13, 2015
Great management team
Amazing sale advisors
Enjoyed meeting new people
Enjoyed travelling.
fun lace to work with great supportive management . the most enjoyable part of the work was working along side with my colleagues
Productive and easy job
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONApril 6, 2015
Highly supportive management helps everyone from various divisions. I have learned to communicate effectively in a highly professional method and this will help me everywhere including my personal life as well as professional life. There is nothing hard in this job if we meet new prospects on daily basis and provide financial guidance to them. Most enjoyable part of the job is to meet new clients with different cultures, demographics and personalities everyday. Co-workers are so helpful to get rid of various queries about different aspects such as investments, insurances, mortgages and all other financial aspects. This job gives pleasant of mind as we help so many clients to guide them to achieve their various financial goals. There is excellent work environment and positive motivations for employees from employees and team-work ability is beyond the limits.
Pros
Hours Flexibility
IG truly cares about their clients and employees.
Financial Planner (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMarch 23, 2016
This is a company which in an age of forcing product down customers throats, rise above that. They know that doing what's right and ethical for your client will benefit them and yourself in the end. I love that view and more companies should have it.
It was a great place to work. Very professional and clean office. Very nice people and I would recommend anyone to work there.
Receptionist/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 14, 2015
I enjoyed my employment at Investors Group. The people were great and there were many opportunities for advancement. They also have fun activities in the office from time to time that add a little extra joy to your work day. It's a very professional environment and I respect the amount of dedication the Financial Advisers and Division Managers put into their client's financial needs. It was overall a great experience and I would recommend anyone to work there.
Terrible workplace
Executive Administration/Office Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 15, 2016
Not supportive of advisors. You pay for your office, staff and run up debits.

Lots of pressure. Management is poor and fund performance is bad.
Pros
training
Cons
Mutual Funds fees
Excellent Family Oriented Culture
Mortgage & Banking Planning Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 20, 2013
Typical Day - Start working by 9:00am, everyday is different depending on the priority or urgency of the mortgage needs. Worked several evenings and weekends to catch up on workload.

What I Learned - I learned all the skills required for a Mortgage Planning Specialist (8 years).

Management - As a Mortgage Planning Specialist, I was included in Management Meetings with the Directors and other Specialists. These meetings included overall office concerns, functions, sales volumes and ways to increase sales, marketing approaches, one on one meetings with Financial Planners, training, etc.

Co-Workers - Great co-workers, alot of fun and support.

Hardest Part of Job - Reinforcing urgent timelines, documents required and process with the Financial Planners.

Most Enjoyable Part of The Job - Freedom, flexibility, office culture, relationship building, support and building long lasting friendships.
Pros
outstanding training seminars
Cons
extra long hours, ie weekends, evenings
Client Service Contact Centre Conservative
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 12, 2015
Th Client Services division with in the company is challenging to say the least. There are many opportunities to add employee satisfaction and development while better servicing our clients.

The agents who work in this department are amazing! The hardest part of the job is not being able to make change for them in an environment that desperately needs it.

The most enjoyable part of the job is recognizing individual and team efforts and accomplishments also having many opportunities for community service.
Pros
Involvement with the community, volunteer opportunities
Cons
Traditional way of thinking. Change is not welcomed if it doesn't come from management
Great Training Program
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSAugust 9, 2015
Investors Group has a great training program and really allows the employees to gain new skills and assets. The coworkers are great and the management team is available for help at all times.
Pros
Training, Practical Experience
Cons
Salary, Commission Based