Investors Group

Investors Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Without a doubt the best place I have ever worked!
Consultant (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABNovember 22, 2014
Pros: flexible hours (you basically make your own), pay is great, support and additional benefits, management, coworkers
Cons: not a job for very dependent people
It is incredible when you get to go into work and know that you will be positively affecting someone's life every single day. That is the feeling I get when I get to our office each morning. Investors Group sets out such an easy to follow time tested system to create success. The people are second to none and will do anything that they possible can – more... to help each other achieve excellence. The combination of the pay and support structures are better than any other company that I researched before joining the company.
All-in-all a great place to spend your career. – less
Great learning experience
Financial Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 10, 2014
Pros: excellent support & learning opportunity
Cons: weak commission structure when compared to competition
A typical day at work begins with checking and sending emails, reading the IG newsletters, every second day there was usually a training session then the rest of the day was prospecting to book meetings.

Management was fantastic and supportive.

Co-workers were great and everyone was happy in the low pressure environment.

The hardest part of the job – more... was selling a life insurance policy only to see half of them turned down two weeks later due to the strict policies.

The most enjoyable part of the job was making connections. – less
wholesome career
Financial Consultant (Current Employee), toronto, onNovember 8, 2014
Pros: continuous training and seminars, large support group
-make your own hours
-ability to work from home or office or coffee shop etc
-working your own business in a sense
-challenging
-not tedious or repetitive
-you can help people in the biggest way
-weekly training sessions
-always something new to learn
-help from directors and specialists if needed
-someones always there to answer your questions
Fun Work Place and supportive environment
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2014
Pros: good supportive system
Cons: low/no security
- Great Corp Culture
- Great Supportive and continous learning programs/systems
- Friendly and helpful co-workers
Nice Culture
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), montrealOctober 23, 2014
Nice Colleague
Devoted Trainer
Comprehensive product and training services
Canadian position
Region Coordinator (Former Employee), Grimsby, ON, CANADAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: ongoing training and progression, benefits
Cons: located in canada
Loved working here and would have been there until I retired had I not returned back to the UK.
Great for the entrepenurial mind.
Financial Consultant (Current Employee), Barrie, OntarioOctober 15, 2014
Pros: culture/training
Cons: comission only
It gives you the freedom and flexibility to build your practice at your own pace.
Friendly Atmosphere
Temporary Positions through Pal Personnel (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioOctober 9, 2014
As this was a temporary position at Investors Group, my main role was to forward calls and generally assist staff with any requests.

Overall, the staff were very friendly and helpful.
Good Organisation to get relevant experience
Intern Personal Financial Planner (Current Employee), North York, ONOctober 9, 2014
I am an intern in the Investors group, healthy work environment, helpful people, good experience to perform financial concept in a practical world.
Productive and eclectic job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: one of my bosses likes to bake and brings in lots of extras!!
Cons: one of my bosses has very poor email/communication skills.
A typical day at work would consist of my coming into work and start on checking up on the scheduled meetings to be sure all of them for the day are set and good to go. Some days I have conference calls to create more meetings for the merger project that my team is working on. Managing my co-workers meetings around their schedules is one of the more – more... challenging parts of my job but it's also one of the most enjoyable parts. I love the challenge. I also would have – less
Excellent training and management challenges consultants to be independent
Independent Financial Consultant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: free control of your time, complete flexibility in terms of work effort and compensation
Cons: constant worry about the income especially at the "take-off" stage
This job requires a personality that is organized, independent and persevering. At a day to day basis, the job requires you to be up and about and in a constant lookout for new people to network to. It requires you to be in front of plenty people so it helps if you have a good relationship building skills.

Organization skills is very significant because – more... at the beginning you will be compelled to do your own networking initiatives, setting up meetings and talking to the client. Paperwork and business submissions will be your responsibility as well but your manager should be able to help you go through most of the procedures that are required to follow.

The hardest part about this job is the constant worry that you will have since it is a 100% commission with only a little support given by the company if you acquire clients and achieve a certain amount of business transactions with them. – less
Horrible
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 15, 2014
Horrible environment. Avoid like the plague.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great career position
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Medicine Hat AlbertaAugust 19, 2014
Pros: being your own supervisor
Cons: not enough training
A typical day at Investor's Group consisted of great multi-tasking skills. I ran the front of the office and processed many legal and important documents for consultants. I met my manager only once as the Division Office is located in Lethbridge. The hardest part of the job was working with a team that did not make me feel like a part of the team. The – more... most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday, As well as being my own supervisor. – less
Investors has a great work, life balance for their employees
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Brantford, ONAugust 16, 2014
I have had the pleasure to work with and met so many good honest people working for Investors Group. The company itself ensures their employees are happy in their environment which in turn has a positive direct impact on their clientele.
It was first job
Associate for Financial Security Advisor (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 14, 2014
I enjoyed but it was just something to get experience. Lastet 6 months
good people
learned a lot
productive place of work
Financial Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 11, 2014
Investor's group is large organization and is productive place of work
Great learning experince
Administrative Assistant/Recruiter/Marketing (Former Employee), ScarboroughJune 25, 2014
Pros: flexible with hours
Cons: no growth with in the practice
Typical day - working on research for updating the doctors lists for potential clients. Recruiting for the my boss to enhance his business and to grow his company.

Learned- I have learned ways to invest wisely and how to invest money properly.

Management -Management was okay they really didn't know what they had in mind when hiring people.

Co-workers- – more... Co-workers were okay shared a lot of personal information to other that was not necessary. Lack of communication for business related issues.

Hardest part of the job-The hardest part of the job was at times managing all consultants that were new and keeping on track.

Enjoyable - The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and having flexible hours. – less
Good pay
Region Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto ONJune 4, 2014
37.5 hours per week
Lots of corporate e-mails
Lots of changes to policies
Productive and Fun workplace
Financial Consultant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 29, 2014
Pros: the ability to grow your salary to any level
Cons: responsible for all your expenses
Great company to work for, Great product, poor compensation plan.

1 2 3 4 5

About Investors Group

At Investors Group, we firmly believe that building long term relationships with clients is the best way to help them reach their – Read more

Investors Group Photos