Investors Group Employee Review

View all Investors Group reviews

Busy, large opportunity to do well, independent role.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto26 July 2012
A typical day required prospecting for new clients, following up on existing client accounts and continuous marketing. I learned how the retail investment business functions and the various products involved in developing financial solutions for clients.
I found joy when I informed a client of a tool that was a available to them that truly help out there current financial position. Whether it was consolidating to get a lower rate or simply taking advantage of the tax free savings account that they were unaware of.
Pros
entrepreneurial environment, very independent.
Cons
unsteady pay

Other Investors Group Employee Reviews

All in all was okay
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 December 2017
The company is very well known and big. It has so many workers and managers. I loved worked for that company. The benefits and security was incomparable. Very good. It was self managed job. And it was customer service job mostly which has to be communicated with clients.

All that glitters is not gold
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 December 2017
This is a position that requires a great deal of commitment and family support, particularly in the beginning ; you have to build your business from the ground, up. If you can succeed at doing it, then you and your family, will enjoy a good life.
Pros
Set your own hours
Cons
Time away from the family is considerable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Investors Group. Our community is ready to answer.