Investors Group Employee Reviews

Great place to be
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO DIVISION DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON14 August 2017
IG is a great place to work. The hours are great. I enjoy working with the people in the office. If you are a new consultant, the hardest part of the job is finding clients and the continuous motivation. The management team is very supportive and helpful.
Great coworkers
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON27 July 2017
IG is a great place to work. The Consultants who employ me are fair and friendly.
The Clients who we serve are a great pleasure to work with. My office is bright and clean and roomy.
Amazing place to work
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC27 July 2017
A company that truly cares about clients and employees. The day to day environment is supportive of consultants and their are many benefits available. Great compensation structure for new hires as well.
Overall great place to work
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2017
The culture is great coworkers are very supportive and management is very positive and follows the realm “leader” definition, where they lead not micro manage.
Very flexible if you know how to manage your own time
Hi
Mutual Funds Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC14 July 2017
We focus on six areas of your financial life to help you get more out of your money, so you can get more out of life. As good as life may be, we can always get better.
Work is consistent, fast paced and repetitive
Mortgage Administrator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 July 2017
A typical day at this organization involves computer data entry as well as data processing. Volumes of work peak in the summer months. Cross training is encouraged. I enjoyed writing macros despite the ensuing repetition.
Pros
consistent and reliable work demand ensures demand for employees
Cons
repetition
A great learning environment, and highly flexible for everyone!
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 July 2017
I briefly worked at Investor's Group as a co-op student, and the environment was very positive. My superiors were always willing to assist me, not to mention the frequent workshops run by subject matter experts. The corporation really seems to care about its employees and clients alike.
Pros
Smart co-workers, flexible hours, helpful managers, and LOTS of free food
Cons
Limited growth opportunities for the non-finance employees (e.g. HR)
fun worplace with a lot of good guy, no pressure
first level of computer technical support (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 July 2017
Investors group is a nice place to work
the management is very kind and accompanied their employee with their need
the most enjoyable part is when the work is busy the management team always find something to make you feel good
Highly professional working environment.
Co-op Placement (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 July 2017
Highly professional working environment. Professional advancement depends on the personal commitments to the professional goal settings and continuous achievement.
Cons
Job is expensive because it's self employment job.
Difficult.
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON29 June 2017
Make sure you have a significant financial reserve or client network before joining. Wonderful workplace culture though, with a high emphasis on constant learning.
The Good and The Bad
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON26 June 2017
There is a lot of training and encouragement at IG. From working here, I have learned so much about financial planning. I truly believe I did great financial planning for my clients. I don't regret working here, especially because of all the skills that I've obtained from the perspective of running my own business.

It is extremely hard to do well at IG. Very few people find a rhythm. I did pretty well, but after all the expenses of working there and marketing expenses, there wasn't much take home. I put a lot into my business. Unfortunately, I quit because the stress and work I put into my work outweighed the rewards.

Our new CEO has made great changes to our company, and I only expect things to go uphill, but the uncertainty was too much for me.
A marvellous place to work.
Director, Investors Group (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 June 2017
Change was needed and the new CEO is providing it, but in a way that is damaging to company morale. Also, there is a lack opportunity to advance unless you live in Winnipeg.
Productive, fun work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, British Columbia13 June 2017
Investors Group was a great company to work with I was assisting the Senior investors on their day to day tasks. I set up meetings, Food and beverage needs etc.
Pros
Lunch allowance
Good Place to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2017
Great place to work, learned a lot
great people, great stall
Investors group, montreal
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 June 2017
2009-2011 INVESTORS GROUP, MONTREAL
Telemarketer
● Call prospective and existing clients to arrange meetings with senior financial planners.
● Research, present and execute new ways to meet prospective clients via conferences .
Fun, supportive
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 June 2017
Great place to work. Great culture. You need to work hard to survive in this business but it can be a great fit for the business minded and a great opportunity for entreprenurship
Pros
some money to help you get started in the begining
Cons
100% commission
Great company to work for
SAP BI/BO Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 June 2017
Investors Group is a great company to work for . The management is great a, very professional and experienced. The company offers a safe environment and opportunities to advance in other areas of the company.
Fantastic place to work.
Regional Director Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 June 2017
This office has a fun, friendly and family orientated atmosphere. Management is excellent, they are very flexible and always willing to lend a hand. The most difficult part of the job is not always being busy enough.
Downsizing
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 May 2017
It was unfortunate but Investors Group decided to downsize and close the office I worked out of.The management time was well informed and proactive with continuing education on a weekly frequency. The specialists; Insurance; Securities; Mortgage were all very resourceful and helpful.
Fast paced, high demand
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Barrie South, On24 May 2017
Considerable training and keeping up to date constantly, phone calls, preparing portfolios, client presentations and always on the go.
Management is very driven to achieve goals or exceed them.
A career where you must hit the ground running for certain.
Hardest part of the job were the hours required.
Most enjoyable part was the interaction with clients, coworkers and training were second to none.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Investors Group. Our community is ready to answer.