Investors Group is a leader among Canada’s financial services companies. With a history that spans eight decades, we continue to build lasting relationships with our clients to help them achieve their financial goals.
With a focus on solutions, a personal approach to financial planning and a culture of coaching and mentorship, Investors Group has garnered a reputation for not only succeeding for our clients, but for supporting our Consultants as they grow their individual practices. Investors Group was named the top full-service dealer in the financial planning industry three consecutive years. (*Source : Investment Executive, June 2008 - 2010)
Investors Group has received multiple awards for Corporate Citizenship, including recognition as a “Caring Company” by Imagine CanadaTM, and being a three-time winner of the Canadian Investment Awards “Corporate Citizenship Award”.
Investors Group has 110 financial planning centers across Canada and 4,600 professional financial consultants. Investors Group is a part of IGM Financial, and a member of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies. IGM Financial is one of Canada’s premier financial services companies with over $120 billion in total assets under management and the fourth largest publicly traded global asset manager by market capitalization. (December 31, 2009, Bloomberg)
You may have heard of Investors Group before, however; we have very exciting compensation changes to announce. We have recently improved our compensation structure for new Consultants. There is still the great opportunity of unlimited income; however, there are now also built in income guarantees for the first two years. The purpose of these compensation changes is to provide you with financial support as you establish yourself in the business.
Investors Group Financial Consultants build their own successful client practices with both world-class products and services and company-provided training and support. No previous financial services knowledge required!
As a self-employed Financial Consultant, you will:
- Receive Exclusive Industry-leading Initial Training through the Investors Group Institute. This comprehensive approach to training and development includes access to leading edge technology, industry experts, and highly effective tools.
- Build Your Client Practice by prospecting and marketing to generate opportunities, developing new client relationships through appointments, and managing existing relationships.
- Make a Difference in the lives of your clients by first determining their financial needs, goals, and priorities, then developing and presenting customized client plans including strategies, concepts, and recommendations.
- Enjoy Freedom and Flexibility to manage your own schedule as an independent contractor dedicated to providing financial planning solutions in partnership with Investors Group.
- Receive Ongoing Support to help maximize your efforts after initial training through our head office in Winnipeg and regional centres in Mississauga and Montréal, regional product specialists, field management, and a host of other resources and services.
This opportunity DOES NOT require prior financial planning experience. We will provide you with both initial and ongoing training in all aspects of financial consulting to get you started, keep you on track, and continually improve performance.
Our successful Financial Consultants are from various walks of life, but all possess the following characteristics:
- Entrepreneurial spirit with desire to own and run a successful client practice and a proven track record of success and credibility in your previous and current work
- Background in one or more of the following areas: sales (e.g. variable-income based), marketing, finance, accounting, banking, tax, economics / commerce, law, coaching, teaching, and/or mentoring
- Leadership experience, community / volunteer involvement, and/or competitive team participation (athletic or other results-focused team or arts)
- Passionate, empathetic, and recognizes the value of helping people meet their needs
- Goal-oriented, disciplined, and motivated self-starter with multi-tasking and time management skills and the drive to prospect new opportunities
- Positive attitude, willingness to learn, ability to use appropriate humor in relaying a message, ability to use imagination and creativity in effective problem solving
- College or University Degree preferred, High School Diploma and basic computer skills required.
- Ability to pass a criminal and credit check, and acquire a mutual fund and insurance license
Join an entrepreneurial organization that supports you in your path to success!
Please attach your cover letter and resume.
This is a full-time opportunity to establish variable-income and self-employed business in association with Investors Group.