Investors Group is a leader among Canada’s financial services companies. With over eight decades of history, a personal solutions-based approach to financial planning, and a culture of coaching and mentorship, Investors Group has garnered a reputation both for succeeding for clients and supporting consultants as they grow their individual practices.
Investors Group Financial Consultants build their own successful client practices with both world-class products and services and company-provided training and support. No previous financial services knowledge required!
As a self-employed Financial Consultant, you will:
- Receive Exclusive Industry-leading Initial Training through the Investors Group Institute. This comprehensive approach to training and development includes access to leading edge technology, industry experts, and highly effective tools.
- Build Your Client Practice by prospecting and marketing to generate opportunities, developing new client relationships through appointments, and managing existing relationships.
- Make a Difference in the lives of your clients by first determining their financial needs, goals, and priorities, then developing and presenting customized client plans including strategies, concepts, and recommendations.
- Enjoy Freedom and Flexibility to manage your own schedule as an independent contractor dedicated to providing financial planning solutions in partnership with Investors Group.
- Receive Ongoing Support to help maximize your efforts after initial training through our head office in Winnipeg, regional product specialists, field management, and a host of other resources and services.
This opportunity DOES NOT require prior financial planning experience. We will provide you with both initial and ongoing training in all aspects of financial consulting to get you started, keep you on track, and continually improve performance.
Our successful Financial Consultants are from various walks of life, but all possess the following characteristics:
- Entrepreneurial spirit with desire to own and run a successful client practice and a proven track record of success and credibility in your previous and current work
- Background in one or more of the following areas: sales (e.g. variable-income based), marketing, finance, accounting, banking, tax, economics / commerce, law, coaching, teaching, and/or mentoring
- Leadership experience, community / volunteer involvement, and/or competitive team participation (athletic or other results-focused team or arts)
- Passionate, empathetic, and recognizes the value of helping people meet their needs
- Goal-oriented, disciplined, and motivated self-starter with multi-tasking and time management skills and the drive to prospect new opportunities
- Positive attitude, willingness to learn, ability to use imagination and creativity in effective problem solving
- College or University Degree preferred, High School Diploma and basic computer skills required.
- Ability to pass a criminal and credit check, and acquire a mutual fund and insurance license
- Start a business with a well-established and stable company with an unparalleled track record, great national culture and designated a Caring Company by Imagine Canada, excellent corporate and brand image, and upbeat friendly people.
- Investors Group provides our Financial Consultants with excellent initial and ongoing company-provided training, resources, and support from head office, regional, and field management.
- Have the freedom and flexibility to build your own successful business practice and control your schedule and paycheck.
- Explore exceptional career development and growth opportunities both in leadership / management, training / mentoring, research, or further developing and growing your own practice.
- Investors Group offers Financial Consultants with commission for new business and assets under management, bonus rewards for building long-term relationships with clients, and a variety of benefits programs including health, life, and disability insurance.
Join an entrepreneurial organization that supports you in your path to success!
Email your resume NOW to secure your introductory meeting to find out more and get a career information package.
This is a full-time opportunity to establish variable-income and self-employed business in association with Investors Group