Intuit Employee Reviews

More like Dilbert than Silicon Valley
Head of PMO for CTG (TurboTax) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 June 2017
Canadian org leaves much to be desired. The US is the place to be for any growth opportunities. Socials are frequent and perks are better than most (snacks, outings, etc). Pay is top of the line. Tax season is brutal.
Great Place to Work
Sr. Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 May 2017
Great work-life balance with good pay and benefits. Get to work closely with customers and grow your career. Definitely recommend especially if you are interested in going above and beyond your day job.
It was my first job
Certified Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 May 2017
It was my first job and I am really thankful to the managers to allow me to have a chance to work there with them. It was a completely different experience for me and every day I learned something new. There was work stress sometimes but I loved working there. The manager was a really good person and also very helping. My work started at 9 am and used to end at 5 pm. My colleagues were very helpful and nice. There i learned how to talk with clients, how to handle the situation no matter how worse it is.I learned how to brainstorm and find out the root of the problem to solve it. I also learned that there is always a way to solve problems. There was no hardest part of the job since I believe there is always something new to learn and there is always a new way to solve a problem in an easy way. The most enjoyable part of the job was whenever I used to solve a problem for a client and realize that they were happy with my service, it was more like an inner satisfaction for me to be able to do the job I was assigned to do.
Pros
Friendly enviroment
Cons
Some problems took more than usual time to solve
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 May 2017
Not bad. They really need to fix their product though. This is an accounting company and they cannot even figure out how to successfully pay their sales staff.

Sales staff have to manually reconcile their own orders or lose out on their own commission. You lost two days of sales by doing this.

Impossible to hit your quota here. The market saturated with a product that does not work.
Pros
The benifits are the best i've seen at any company, They are really phenominal
Cons
Salary is not good. You will start at 35K and will not hit any of your goals
Started as a bank teller then promoted to teller supervisor
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 April 2017
Being bilingual was a huge asset.
I use to sell and activate product.
We use to upgrade and sell additional.
It was all on Quicktax and quickbook..
Pros
Being bilingual
Annual Day Celebration at IBM had been always a lifetime memorable event
Quality Analyst/Telecaller (Former Employee) –  Gurugram30 March 2017
-Compliance auditor, data scrubbing and escalating defaulters found guilty on the grounds of Compliance/ethics was done on daily basis post as a quality analyst
- Prior to promotion as a quality analyst, used to work on Point Of Sale QuickBooks software and troubleshooting
on calls with customers was a typical day at work
Very friendly but professional work atmosphere
Tax & Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 March 2017
Intuit Canada is one of the best work place. The working atmosphere is very professional and friendly. Their focus is on performance rather than hours etc.They have lot of social events as stress reliever.
Strong values, great benefits and good culture
Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 March 2017
Good culture and focus on diversity and inclusion. Several changes in management made it challenging to grow. Great opportunities to learn new skills and expand resoonsibiltities.
work at home
Représentante au service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Trois-Rivières, QC31 January 2017
the pay is ok. you work from home, so that a very great thing, you are surrounding by your dog or cat while working. no need to go outside. not enough hours so you need to be quick picking your hours
Productive and easy-going
Engaged as a technical writer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 December 2016
The people were very nice and the office is very productive; however, the onboarding experience left a lot to be desired. For someone with little experience, it proved to be a challenge learning the role. Some of the companies products are given far higher priority than other products.
Pros
Nice people, supportive, subsidized lunches
Cons
Poor onboarding
Terrible communication between management and staff.
Tier 2 Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON,14 December 2016
Unable to accommodate bookkeeper and accountant needs with the software. Companies communication amongst staff and management is terrible and minimal. Software updates and changes occur without Intuit notifying staff.

Technical staff working in outsourced departments are not treated the same and must consult Intuit as a middle step between every action taken. Escalated matters from outsourced departments are left unattended and unresolved for months while escalations submitted by bagded Intuit staff are handled in timely manner.

Have submitted multiple requests for months to provide testing material to outsourced departments, as Intuit provides work phones, work ipads and test printers and computers to their staff in order to re create software issues using these tools, yet outsourced departments still do not have the QuickBooks application installed on their computer and are forced to troubleshoot by memory as opposed to providing material they may view on the phone with their customers.

Intuit was also unaware of the tax rate change for New Brunswick recently. Upon questioning the engineers as to why the new tax amount was not updated in the newer software, they had advised that they were completely unaware of this change and did not have a "compliance resource" to inform them of these updates - yet we claim to design the software with accountants.

Currently work here, would not recommend to anyone.
very fun and positive environment ... so long as you dont work in CARE
Service and Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 December 2016
stay away from taking a position on their Mississauga Care team.

the current manager is a micromanaging guru and uses intimidation and fear to motivate his staff. I am speaking from personal experience and am not the voice of a bitter ex employee who got fired or laid off - I quit after finding something better.

If you apply for a job in Sales, Marketing, Product or some other department then you're set as its a great place to work. Just dont take a job in Care... not to mention they are always outsourcing Care (customer service / tech support) jobs to smaller outsourcing centres within Canada to be able to stand behind providing support from within Canada.
Great Perks and extras
QuickBooks Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 November 2016
Great company, good vision. USA based, so there were lots of cutbacks in Edmonton due to economy.

No bad feelings I would work for this company in a heartbeat
Working at Intuit
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Various21 June 2016
Intuit fosters a collaborative environment and treats employees well. Their compensation 'total rewards' are competitive and the people are great.
There are too many managers/directors who aren't held accountable and this can disrupt effective collaboration. In order to get ahead, you need to play the political game
Pros
benefits, work/life balance
Cons
management, politics
Great Work Environment, great Perks and Benefits
Customer Care Manager - ProAdvisor Program (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 January 2016
Intuit was a great place to work, great people, great benefits and perks. The work was interesting and challenging; you learned a lot in a fast paced environment.
Excellent company culture
Customer Insights Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 January 2016
Culture is amazing within work team and the office as a whole.
Management is invested in your personal development and career growth.
Pros
Culture, teamwork, attention to career development, commitment to employees
Cons
Limited opportunity for new roles, frequent re-orgs
Great People/ fun enviroment
Service & Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 December 2015
Great place to work, awsome people,great benifits, tons of perks, very good enviroment. Always feel welcome.
I learned that work doesn't always have to be a chore
Pros
free beer fridays
Cons
long commute
Great Place to Work
ASSOCIATE PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 December 2015
Great place to work. I learned so many different skills and abilities within my years there. Work was always challenging and the leadership was always pushing us to be better.
Pros
Free lunches, work life balance, nice work environment
Cons
Employment shifted overseas and to the US
Service and Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 October 2015
Great company many perks and benefits, The culture and atmosphere is electric. It drives you to work knowing you get to interact with awesome people on a daily benefits
Pros
Free food, Great benefits. Good work life balance
Great place with a great attitude towards staff.
Sales Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta15 September 2015
There were many things that I loved about Intuit. They had a great work/life balance program. The only downside was that in the call center, at the time, things were complex and that aspect was somewhat overlooked. Like any organization, some management aspects left much to be desired. Unfortunately, like many organizations, a poor correlation between success and successful leadership were drawn. 7 years have gone by since I left Intuit, and I would still recommend this company to any prospective candidates.
Pros
Excellent, visionary approach to work/life balance.
Cons
Call Centres are often overlooked.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intuit. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2