Intrinsik Environmental Sciences Inc., a leading environmental consulting firm specializing in toxicology, human health and ecological risk assessment, has an immediate opening for an intermediate scientific position in its Calgary office. We aim to offer our employees an environment that encourages professionalism, creativity, independence and continual learning. The assets of any knowledge-based company are its people, and we believe strongly in investing in those assets by offering training and mentoring of our staff. Like all modern successful organizations, we are committed to growing and advancing our employees' careers by providing them with new responsibilities and opportunities within the company.
The position would involve providing support to senior environmental risk assessors (both human health and ecological), in the following areas:
- Review of site characterization data pertaining to air, soils, groundwater and surface water;
- Screening of analytical chemistry data against regulatory guidelines;
- Critical review of scientific information and preparation of toxicological profiles; and,
- Risk modeling and statistical treatment of the data, using spreadsheets and computer models.
Ideally, the successful applicant would have the following qualifications:
- Masters Degree or Ph.D. in biological sciences, environmental sciences or chemistry, preference will be given to those with background in toxicology.
- Between 3 – 10 years work experience in risk assessment or closely related field. Recent graduate Ph.D. candidates will also be considered.
- Project Management experience would be an asset.
- Diversity in base knowledge (statistics, biology, ecology, mathematics).
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills in combination with a facility for technical detail.
- Familiarity with common computer programs is expected, and proficiency in computer programming and modeling would be an asset.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team (with in-house and external experts).
- Ability to multi-task (multiple projects/issues) and react to changing situations.
Indeed - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard