SharpSchool is an award winning and rapidly growing early-stage company focused on providing education technology solutions to K-12 school districts. SharpSchool’s production systems serve more than 3,000 educational organizations across North American and directly affect the education of more than 2,000,000 students every day.
About the Position
As the Developer Analyst, you will use Microsoft technologies to provide technical and development expertise to our new and ongoing projects. These projects may include analyzing requirements, implementation, customization, integration and documentation for the customer. You will work closely with sales, project managers, other personnel, and the customer to ensure a smooth implementation and transition from start-up to integration/production mode. You will have worked on projects involving their full development life-cycle. Your key responsibility will be the successful development and execution of all consulting engagements including evaluating customers' strategic business issues, identify requirements, create business case justifications, and propose appropriate enterprise solutions. You are capable of working with minimal supervision. You have knowledgeable of industry best practices in the implementation of complex technical solutions. You demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
- Work collaboratively to plan and design comprehensive, viable designs, and estimates.
- Write code from selected features to full modules.
- Participate in project meetings, including post project analysis. Discuss implementation ideas and challenges while providing insightful input on design and the development of project requirements.
- Develop and integrate into existing systems, our new subsystems, features or full systems which employ both Microsoft technologies as well as other 3rd party components.
- Develop maintainable, clean and efficient code.
- Create test plans to ensure that systems developed operate as expected and according to the agreed upon business and design requirements.
- Provide support and instruction to less experienced co-workers through on-the-job mentoring.
- Act as back up to project manager or to provide team technical leadership on specific implementations.
- Other related duties as needed.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related
- 5+ years enterprise software development experience with 4 years minimum in-depth expertise with Visual Studio .NET, C# .NET and SQL Server development.
- Expert understanding of and experience working with SOA using XML Web Services
- Strong working experience of Object-oriented development web paradigm and deep experience in working with database-driven websites
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Thorough and detail oriented.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in high pressure situations.
Please submit your resume here:
Indeed - 20 months ago