intertek

intertek Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The company is productive and fun to work for
Data Entry Analysist / Shipping (Current Employee), Jet Park, GPFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work: is very casual and laid back
I'v learned alot about geochemistry.
Management has an open door policy and always willing to assist.
My co-workers are freindly and helpful.
The hardest part of my job was to learn the standards for special elements.
The most enjoyable part of my job is inter acting with my colleagues interms of moving – more... the job from sample prep to laboratory and liasing with the laboratory.
I love coming to work. – less
Great place to start a career
Confidential (Current Employee), TXFebruary 5, 2014
Management is willing to give younger employees a chance at excelling, however the opportunity to advance with-in the company is relegated to long-term employees (5-10 years)
Great place to work, when there is work to do...
QA Software Tester (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: very flexible and understanding.
Cons: not enough work for employees, always left hanging.
Out of the entire year I worked here I was off of work most of it. I would go into work for about 2 - 3 weeks, then have about 3 - 4 weeks off. The work was never consistent and I felt like I wasn't part of the team.
summary
Operation Manager for coordination (Current Employee), CairoFebruary 2, 2014
PROFILE
Self-motivated, proactive, creative, reliable, ability to work under pressure in fast-paced environments, confident, and poised in interactions with individuals at all levels, able to solve problems. excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral, Very good English language spoken & written, experience in different fields – more... has the ability to reach a defined target in the suitable time, able to make a clear change, success & progress in work field. Excellent in meeting objectives on time. Ability to work effectively within team. Very hard worker & responsible.

I feel that i didn't have a clear career path on the company and i didn't gain any new experience

CAREER PLANS & OBJECTIVES
Seeking a challenging position in a well-established organization that provides a motivating work environment and helps its employees grow by properly utilizing & developing their skills, a satisfying level position that provides me with a chance for a challenging career and enhancing my skills – less
Demanding and sometimes rewarding place to work.
CAD Operator (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 31, 2014
Intertek purchased Hi-CAD about 5 years ago. Some things about the organizational structure have changed that are difficult. Although some people who work there find the hectic nature of the work, and the demands around the clock to be unsuitable, this is actually one of the things I like.
productive
Laboratory Services - Latin America Manager (Former Employee), benicia, californiaJanuary 28, 2014
Really multitask job and enjoyable.
My day was dealing with since techs to sales to vendors to clients. Extensive work in quality, lab, ISO 17015 and so on.
Excellent company, national and international locations and divisions
Core Member/Management Team (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2014
Texas City, AIM division, the Managing Director is a perfect fit, accounting, HR, others are great!

Assigned to a Petro/Chem location in south texas, co-workers are the best in the business.
Very great place to work
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee), Sydney, AustraliaJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: almost everything
Cons: large company so individuals don't get the spotlight as often as many people like, but dont work for a large company if this is what you want
I have worked with Intertek for almost 3 years and won't be looking elsewhere for quite sometime. I was disappointed after reading the reviews from people in the US as Intertek Australia is a very beneficial place to work.
They are very lenient with personal commitments and don't monitor you with a fine toothed comb to make sure you are meeting requirements. – more... They have trust in their employees and review performance regularly to ensure everyone is happy.
If there are faults in employees, they do everything possible to ensure you are supported in a way forward.
Colleagues and management have great personalities and are very supportive and always laughing and joking around however everyone takes their positions seriously and if you don't, then Intertek is not the company for you. – less
dont pay nothing and manegment sucks
MARINE PETROCHEMICAL INSPECTOR (Former Employee), Texas City, TXJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: working alone
Cons: they put you on a job that requires more then one guy but will only send one.
Doesn't pay well and the operations supervisor is to worried about his well being then his inspectors
Productive fast paced
Lab Technician (Current Employee), Nederland, TXDecember 30, 2013
12 hour shifts running as many tests as possible per ASTM methods and other well established methods. Providing quality analysis that meets or exceeds out customers expectations in a timely manner.
Intertek
Inspector (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXDecember 27, 2013
Pros: salary, good people.
Cons: sliding scale overtime, working in extreme heat, could get pretty messy.
Had to keep huge brick Nextel with you at all times.
Pay was pretty good. Sometimes would go for weeks at time with no work, but still got paid since you were on salary.
Overtime pay was kind of fishy, they used a sliding scale for overtime instead of time and a half.
Software Tester (Former Employee), Blue Bell, PADecember 4, 2013
Pros: flexibility in your work schedule
A day at Intertek was like every other day walking complete your assignments and start again the next day. Intertek we learned to what a effective tool time management can be. management staff supported the independent nature of the job and the support an respect every team member was provided. Sometimes the redundant nature of the job my ware on a – more... person. with intertek you had a lot of flexibility in your work schedule. – less
Productive in Safety
Client Coordinator/C&E Certification (Current Employee), Arlington Heights, ILNovember 22, 2013
Pros: work week is m-f, weekends off, office setting, good benefits
Cons: for me the distance, i travel over fifty miles each way.
Opening and responding to emails, returning phone calls, requesting required certification documents to begin the certification process requested by the clients for their listed product. coordinating and scheduling the Initial Factory Assessment with the inspectors, assist customers with questions they may have concerning their certification and reports.assist – more... my co-workers with client's accounts. – less
good working conditions
Business assurance administrator (Current Employee), Milton KeynesNovember 11, 2013
Not a very rewarding or satisfying job although improving since new managment have been introduced in late 2013. Very long extensive procedures
Warning
Bench Warmer (Current Employee), Saint Rose, LAOctober 22, 2013
Cons: everything and anything terrible you can imagine
It used to be great but nowadays they cutting down on people's hours keeping people from bringing food to the table for their families
Parent company is good but the subsidiary management.
Auditor (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHOctober 11, 2013
Cons: many
The Indian subsidiary management was very ambitious to capture market and in the process went all out making employees' life difficult. Overall not a good place to work with.
fast paced enviroment with monthly goals
Team Leader (Former Employee), Cortland, NYOctober 8, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: change in management
I enjoyed my job even though there was a lot of stress making monthly goals. Coworkers were a pleasure to work with. I learned many new things that incorporated well with my prior experience.
A whole ne perspective
Chemist - Surveyor (Former Employee), Fujairah, UAEOctober 7, 2013
Pros: a new adventure working outside aside from laboratory.
Cons: there is no timing for work, we work round the clock.
I get to work with many people, inspection services is fun and also tiring.
fun place to work for professionals
Site Safety Lead (Current Employee), Texas City,TXSeptember 29, 2013
Great place and company to work ,started losing clients and you are not billable and making money for the company you are expendable
Good job
Marine Inspector (Former Employee), Nederland, TXSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: not steady
Good job until the area refineries started lay offs. Learned alot about the petroleum bussines

About intertek

Intertek is a nosy nellie when it comes to product safety and international trade. The company, a leading provider of testing – Read more