intertek Employee Reviews

Prepare to face the worst management in history
ICP Technician (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 September 2016
- High expectation, will squeeze you down to your last drop.
- Toxic environment, the operation girls gossip so much that we create that hatred between management and the lab workers
- Union fees are high, they're soft and always working hand to hand with the management to screw the worker up for something that the worker never did.
- I hope you're white, racist is bad there
- HR is another useless tool, Code of ethics are only used to against the workers, not the managements. I've seen cases of bullying and harassment there without any consequence. So, if you're applying for the management position there, Bully and Harassment is acceptable.
- There's no work life balance, they just want you to be on standby 24/7 (even on weekend) so that they can pay you at straight time instead of overtime.
- No such thing as overtime there, even if work piled up and stacked up over the weekend. Don't expect the management will support any of your request for overtime. They will schedule you in a screwy way to cut cost.
- Management takes overtime as the following: If you require OT, you're not working hard enough and not being efficient. If they need you to work OT, they will think all you care is about money. Don't expect them to say thank you or show any appreciations there. Cuz they won't be
Pros
If you're White, alright paid and benefits
Cons
Toxic environment, Bad management, Bad HR, Office politics, Poor Union support
Good Place
Project Manager / Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 August 2016
Lots of different areas of business to explore
Global workforce
Lots of good people
Great atmosphere
Work anywhere
Great network
Don't work here
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK9 August 2016
I worked at the Saskatoon location and it was awful. The pay was horrible and so was the job. Working in the lab there were NO safety precautions and there were many incidences. I didn't feel safe working here and I didn't enjoy it one bit.
Pros
Getting research experience?
Cons
Everything about the facility
Awful and pathetic excuse for a company
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK25 June 2016
You would have to be pretty desperate to work for unprofessional underpaying company as them. If you don't believe me check how often they post the same jobs. High turn over is a red flag in my opinion! I am speaking from previous experience at the Saskatoon site. Terrible management too!
Pros
Cons
High expectations with no rewards
Worst Global Company
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Canada20 April 2016
A typical day was putting out fires, never a proactive approach to business. Poor and inexperienced upper management with little support. Upper management sharing back check details and playing with peoples lives with no regard. Lots of politics and BS. Lots of policy bending "on a case by case basis" Unfair Management and HR to boot. Lots of employees working under the desks of others because they are afraid to lose their job. No job security.
Number oriented not people oriented
project coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 November 2015
Generally, the work is interesting and there is always something new to learn. Unfortunately, there seems to be a lack management support and team work. Employees goals are not well defined. Company is revenue oriented more than people oriented.
Pros
Flexible hours and good benefits
Cons
Lack of structure
Fun place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 May 2015
I enjoyed my position at Intertek. I was given the opportunity to move up quickly. I went from Admin to Sales in less than 1 year.
Pros
Great grwoth opportunity
Cons
Not very much managment support
Interesting, fast paced job
LAB TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Irving Oil Limited3 February 2015
Very physical, fast paced employment, I have worked shift work and days.The management was fair and benefits were excellent. The people were the most enjoyable part of the day. Co-workers and working with the customers.
Minimum wage job, great company
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB17 September 2014
this is a small company and I worked as a cashier. Good co-workers, great owners. Minimum wage job.
Everyday i got to see new and intresting products. It's learning and fun.
Electrical Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 August 2013
MY work routine is to review, test any kind of electrical, HVAC products in accordance with the electrical safety standards. I have learned here to work with all different kind of measuring equipments, Temperature, Hydraulic and Pneumatic devices. I have to manage all the equipment calibrations and maintenance records. My co-works are great, we work as a team. Sometimes hardest part of my job is to apply standards for some new different product. Most enjoyable part of job is testing and setups.
Fast paced and ever changing environment.
Building Products Certification Administration (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario11 January 2012
Global engineering, safety and quality assurance testing company operating in over 100 companies. Fast paced environment with ever changing requirements and roles to perform.
Pros
healthcare, positive and helpful coworkers
Proximité du lieu de l'emploi
Inspecteur et chargé de rétention (Former Employee) –  Montréal5 May 2015
Cueillette et Réception des échantillons,
Prise d'échantillons dans les citernes Navires, camions, barges, etc.),
Gestion de la rétention suivant la nature des produits, les exigences clients et réglementation,
Évacuation stocks vers les slops,
Enregistrement et classement des divers produits en rétention.
Préparation d'échantillons de nickel
Pros
Autonomie d'action et heures de bureaux
Cons
Manutention de produits dangereux
Très bonne compagnie
Chimiste/Superviseur de laboratoire (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 September 2012
Groupe d'envergure mondial qui offre beaucoup de défis. Le réseau de scientifiques nord américain est d’un niveau de qualification et d'expertise très élevé.