intertek Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Worst.Place.Ever.
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint John, New Brunswick11 September 2017
Terrible place to work with terrible people. Management sucks. They are incompetent and pick favourites. Senior techs think they deserve everything because they have been there the longest when in fact they are the laziest and complain the most about the job. I would avoid this place like a plague. No room for improvement, no room for growth, over worked and very unappreciated. The pay sucks, the lab sucks, the people suck, and the management SUCK.

Worst.Place.Ever. FIND SOMETHING ELSE!!!
Pros
You can leave work and not worry about it
Cons
Everything else
You will be sorry
Reception/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam27 June 2017
Was told to hit the road 3 weeks short of my 3 month probation period. No reason given other than "we are re-aligning this position within the company" Apparently all lies. When I asked if there was something I had done wrong I was told no. The lads in the labs are nice guys but this is a giant, multi-million dollar global corporation that makes you jump through hoops to work there, only to be kicked to the curb after doing everything they asked me to do. Terrible treatment.
Fast paced environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Intern29 January 2017
My experience at Intertek was outstanding. Working with professionals enhanced my knowledge in my field. My day would generally begin with a hot cup of coffee and end in the same way, people were very generous and full of enthusiasm. The cafeteria was the stress buster with all kind of food and playing space. Nothing was hard in my work schedule as I had professionals to guide me in my every step. I did learn a lot from them be it professionally or just the fun facts. They had Fridays as leisure days, often people would be dressed in casuals and had picnics outside the office and would go for lunch. I had fun working with them.
Good Place
Project Manager / Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 August 2016
Lots of different areas of business to explore
Global workforce
Lots of good people
Great atmosphere
Work anywhere
Great network
Don't work here
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK9 August 2016
I worked at the Saskatoon location and it was awful. The pay was horrible and so was the job. Working in the lab there were NO safety precautions and there were many incidences. I didn't feel safe working here and I didn't enjoy it one bit.
Pros
Getting research experience?
Cons
Everything about the facility
Awful and pathetic excuse for a company
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK25 June 2016
You would have to be pretty desperate to work for unprofessional underpaying company as them. If you don't believe me check how often they post the same jobs. High turn over is a red flag in my opinion! I am speaking from previous experience at the Saskatoon site. Terrible management too!
Pros
Cons
High expectations with no rewards
Worst Global Company
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Canada20 April 2016
A typical day was putting out fires, never a proactive approach to business. Poor and inexperienced upper management with little support. Upper management sharing back check details and playing with peoples lives with no regard. Lots of politics and BS. Lots of policy bending "on a case by case basis" Unfair Management and HR to boot. Lots of employees working under the desks of others because they are afraid to lose their job. No job security.
Number oriented not people oriented
project coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 November 2015
Generally, the work is interesting and there is always something new to learn. Unfortunately, there seems to be a lack management support and team work. Employees goals are not well defined. Company is revenue oriented more than people oriented.
Pros
Flexible hours and good benefits
Cons
Lack of structure
Fun place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 May 2015
I enjoyed my position at Intertek. I was given the opportunity to move up quickly. I went from Admin to Sales in less than 1 year.
Pros
Great grwoth opportunity
Cons
Not very much managment support
Proximité du lieu de l'emploi
Inspecteur et chargé de rétention (Former Employee) –  Montréal5 May 2015
Cueillette et Réception des échantillons,
Prise d'échantillons dans les citernes Navires, camions, barges, etc.),
Gestion de la rétention suivant la nature des produits, les exigences clients et réglementation,
Évacuation stocks vers les slops,
Enregistrement et classement des divers produits en rétention.
Préparation d'échantillons de nickel
Pros
Autonomie d'action et heures de bureaux
Cons
Manutention de produits dangereux
Interesting, fast paced job
LAB TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Irving Oil Limited3 February 2015
Very physical, fast paced employment, I have worked shift work and days.The management was fair and benefits were excellent. The people were the most enjoyable part of the day. Co-workers and working with the customers.
Minimum wage job, great company
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB17 September 2014
this is a small company and I worked as a cashier. Good co-workers, great owners. Minimum wage job.
Everyday i got to see new and intresting products. It's learning and fun.
Electrical Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 August 2013
MY work routine is to review, test any kind of electrical, HVAC products in accordance with the electrical safety standards. I have learned here to work with all different kind of measuring equipments, Temperature, Hydraulic and Pneumatic devices. I have to manage all the equipment calibrations and maintenance records. My co-works are great, we work as a team. Sometimes hardest part of my job is to apply standards for some new different product. Most enjoyable part of job is testing and setups.
Très bonne compagnie
Chimiste/Superviseur de laboratoire (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 September 2012
Groupe d'envergure mondial qui offre beaucoup de défis. Le réseau de scientifiques nord américain est d’un niveau de qualification et d'expertise très élevé.
Fast paced and ever changing environment.
Building Products Certification Administration (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario11 January 2012
Global engineering, safety and quality assurance testing company operating in over 100 companies. Fast paced environment with ever changing requirements and roles to perform.
Pros
healthcare, positive and helpful coworkers