intertek

intertek Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not a healthy work environment
Sample Prep (Former Employee), Maddington, PerthDecember 5, 2014
Too focused on profit and not enough on adequate staff training or safety. Set unreachable expectations for workers that are impossible given the work SOPs; must shortcut procedures in order to reach the companies desired production numbers.
Terrible Place to Work
Chemist (Former Employee), Detroit, MIDecember 1, 2014
Pros: you're employed
Cons: everything else
Would you enjoy being trained primarily through write-ups and other disciplinary actions rather than being trained correctly the first time?

How about being strongly discouraged from taking sick days, ever?

Management is highly inflexible and will not listen to any good ideas you have. Any concerns you may have about unsafe working conditions or broken/poorly – more... maintained equipment will be ignored. You will leave with black dust in your nostrils everyday.

No allowances will be made if you want to go back to school. It is impossible to take classes or do anything because of the ridiculous rotating schedule.

There is barely any time for a lunch break to be taken. Work is just so constant that you're lucky to have time for a granola bar. They expect you to do the work of 2 people.

Also it is a total boy's club with a culture of sexism and homophobia. sometimes blatantly so. I have heard upper level management use the word "f*****" when talking to another employee.

There is a culture of backbiting and complaining rather than cooperation. Listening to your coworkers complain about other coworkers really will bring you down even if you try to maintain a positive attitude.

Do you really want to work here? It's not worth it, hold out for something better. I'm really not exaggerating. – less
Administrative Workload Not Evenly Shared
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXNovember 24, 2014
Cons: short breaks, environment, salary, time-off
Each team's administrative assistant is not given equal amount of work. The hardest part of this job is trying to attain goals for the team and team leader/manager. High and not attainable expectations are set to get you to work harder and longer and not get overtime. There was nothing enjoyable about this job. Too much work and not enough pay.
my review of my current position
Application Engineer\Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee), plesangton caNovember 19, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: lack of hours due to amount of work brought into the company lack of pay
I've been with the company for 7 years and alot of my coworkers are family to me. One of the best atmosphere's I ever worked in. When i go into work I never know what I might work on due to different projects.
Bad work environment
Inspector (Former Employee), Nederland, TXNovember 3, 2014
Pros: you got a job
Cons: everything else
Worked there for a 7 months .... hated every min.... The overall work environment stinks ... very racial company ... If your black stay away ..
fast past working enviroment large amounts of work daily
Export Consultant (Current Employee), Boksburg, GPOctober 24, 2014
Pros: great company benefits
Cons: large amounts of work daily, there is never a quiet day...which is not a bad thing at all.
We handle about 100 clients a day wanting to export goods into other countries.
I have gained a lot of experience regarding imports and exports, and the regulations of standards implemented by other countries.
I am surrounded by positive, energetic and motivated co-workers who are very caring and helpful, it almost feels like a family.
keeping clients – more... happy is always a tough job but, learning what their needs are and perfecting an export brings much value to me and benefits the company.
I enjoy this work because its so interesting to see the inspection of items and the testing they under-go dealing with cars, toys & basically everything you personally go into a shop to buy is imported by our company. – less
Good Enviremnent
Accountant (Current Employee), AlexandriaOctober 2, 2014
It's a good company, I go in the morning to check mails and finished jobs to issue invoices.
A great place to work
Finance Manager Shared Services - Middle East (Former Employee), Dubai, UAESeptember 30, 2014
Pros: free lunch or dinners if working on off days, generous bonus scheme, end of service benefits
Cons: it was not a clock atmosphere, you need to pitch in extra time to achieve desired results.
A career oriented company. Every day comes with a challenge with tight deadlines. Need to develop, coach and lead a team to achieve 100% management expectations.
inspec uae (recently bought by intertek)
manager (Former Employee), uaeSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: attractive salary
Cons: everything else
Think I dodged a bullet here.
Never have I come across such an inept group of people in my life.
I have to say that the the big boss here in the uae is one of the most rude, unhelpful and disrespectful people I have ever met. I now understand why they have no work.

He has a whole world of pain coming his way if this is how he performs.....and ultimately – more... he will drag the company down with him.
Avoid, avoid, avoid!!!! – less
Group IT Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2014
Over the 24 years that I worked for Intertek, I learned a great deal. I was fortunate to be able to work for some very influential managers who provided a legacy of information and skills that I will be able to benefit from in the years to come.
decent place to work
inspector (Former Employee), new orleansAugust 26, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: no schedule
pay was great, no schedule i was on cal 24/7, so the balance is rough sometimes barely home long enough for a nap, managment is good at playing to everyones skills
They teach you how to be an employee, but not how to do your job.
Tester (Former Employee), Dallas TXAugust 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches sometimes
No training program; you're supposed to figure it out for yourself.

The summary of the training guidance "If you have a question, ask someone (else)."
very unorganized
Inspector (Former Employee), Sulphur, LAAugust 8, 2014
Pros: always busy and 4 days on and 4 days off
Cons: no truck allowance and not the best management with ok pay
on call work week is 4 on 4 off will work in into the ground on ur 4 on but they leave u alone on your 4 off ok pay but not the best benefits management is very unorganized can move up due to high turn over rate due to burning people out
They were terrible employers
office administrator (Former Employee), LeicesterAugust 5, 2014
Cons: terrible pay, terrible management
They are more interested in making as much money as possible and treat their employees really badly,

They are in the process of making redundancies and it is envisaged that the Leicester factory will close at Christmas 2014.
Worse than living in a box
Lab tech (Former Employee), Nederland, TxJuly 25, 2014
The manager is crazy! Her turn around rate is at least 10 employees within a 3 month period. She does everything by email but yet in her quality meetings she wants the employees to choose a Lego figurine to help with communications in the lab. She watches everyone on camera all day long and reviews the night crew upon her morning arrival. It's been – more... over a month now and I can't get my last paycheck....good luck. – less
lab
lab technicians (Current Employee), Romeoville IllinoisJuly 8, 2014
Pros: benefits and some of your coworkers
Cons: pay, lack of leadership, lack of communication and lack of respect
Lab employees have little to no training, we have lab techs with less then 2 months of employment training new hires. Lab manager has zero management skills and less interpersonal skills. Supervisors are dictators and not leaders. There are a few dedicated employees that go above beyond there job duties that make this place run.until upper management – more... opens there eyes to the ineptness of lab management, I would highly avoid the Intertek lab in Romeoville Illinois. – less
Great place to work, learning experience
QC Inspector (Former Employee), Portland, ORJune 26, 2014
Pros: the people that i've met and worked with.
Cons: no healthcare, away from home more than a year sometimes.
Typical day of work, inspection of pipe welds, steel, and coating. Logistics, and tracking. Management was really nice and knowledgeable. Co-workers extremely helpful and courteous. Hardest part of the job is traveling state to state. The most enjoyable part was everyday I am learning something new.
Good place
Petroleum Inspector (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 19, 2014
OK place to work very flexible, good management and god owner.
Decent place to work
Test Engineer (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 9, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: not a modern organization
Has pretty good benefits and great PTO. However, there are not a lot of options for development or advancement. Management is only so-so. Great co-workers. Everything is based on hierarchies, which is just not up to today’s standards. If you can deal with this, Intertek is a pretty good place to work.
Reliable Emloyeer
Associate Engineer (Current Employee), Cortland, NYMay 2, 2014
Company is expanding and there's a good sense of job security. Work schedule can be hectic. Not a lot of training support - have to learn a lot on your own.

1 2 3 4 5

About intertek

Intertek is a nosy nellie when it comes to product safety and international trade. The company, a leading provider of testing – Read more