intertek

intertek Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Industrial workplace
Agricultural Inspector (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VAApril 14, 2015
Wasnt to good of a job. There wasnt enough working hours so I had to stop working. I later found out they let everyone go anyway about a week later.
N/A
Coordination Team Lead (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXMarch 25, 2015
Enjoyed working with everyone and loved the knowledge I gained. Understanding managers along with great coworkers. Opportunities are endless. Very fast paced and always work to be done.
Unorganized Company
Account Manager (Current Employee), Oakdale, MNMarch 25, 2015
Unorganized from top to bottom

Lack of training for very technical job

Terrible commission plan

Unobtainable target numbers
Rewarding
Inspector (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great pay, and benifits
Cons: lots of hours, no set schedule
You get the opportunity to go see, and visit places that few people do. Always working on the water! All solo work, you are your own boss to a degree.
Fast pace environment with good staff
Marine Cargo Inspector (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 6, 2015
Learned how to manage my down time and also how to follow when the circumstances call for so. Dispatch was something I was making a work in progress and with time will improve and excel in.
Experience at Intertek
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Arlington Heights, ILFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: good insurance, good people
I enjoyed my time at Intertek. During my time there I was flexible and worked 3 different shifts as demand necessitated to efficiently test textiles. I started out in the most simple area and was quickly promoted to other areas of the lab such as physical testing and color assessment which require more skill. By the end of my time with the company I wrote a handbook outlining the basic processes of how products entered and left the lab for new employees. During this process I also helped to increase communication between different areas of the lab, the client managers, and the lab managers. I learned a great deal about textiles and feel that it has impacted the way I live my daily life. The hardest part of my job was leaving. Although it was a lab setting, many of us became friends and worked together when one area was more burdened than another.
Great Team and Busy environment
Chemist (Current Employee), New Plymouth, New ZealandFebruary 17, 2015
I am proud to be a part of this team. I have updated my technical skills and knowledge. This is a challenging role; especially keeping the timeframe; providing results within the correct time to the clients. I would love to keep busy always and enjoy this position utmost. This is the right time for me to step up from my current position.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Karachi, PSDFebruary 17, 2015
 Ten years and two months of laboratory experience in ISO-9000 and 17025 certified multinational and local companies.
 Hands-on experience in all analytical instrument used in Pharmaceutical, pesticidal, textile and oil industry, including Inductive Coupled Plasma (ICP-OES of PerkinElmer), UV-Vis spectrophotometer, Flame photometry, FTIR (Thermo), HPLC-DAD/UV/florescence (Agilent, Shimadzu & water), GC-FID/MS/ECD (Agilent & Shimadzu), X-ray diffraction (XRD), and thermogravimetry (TGA by TA instruments) in Intertek and during M.Phil research work.
 Successfully developed recycling of plastic research lab in HEJ Research Institute, Pharmaceutical and Environmental research lab in Dow University of Health Sciences and Analytical lab in Intertek Pakistan.
 Successfully completed research work on the conversion of waste products such as plastics to petroleum products from the catalysts developed during research which also recently cited my local print media (express tribune).
 Excellent communication skills, writing ability and team work experience as assistant manager in Intertek Pvt Ltd
 International exposure for professional training in Hong Kong, Bangkok and Bangladesh on analytical services and technical issues
 Always in the health and safety team in organizations
Intertek is a great place to work. The PMO is top notice
Data Center Migration Project Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: re-org
The PMO and it's ability to work within the company structure, Department SME's and 3rd party providers is both challenging and rewarding.
Good job
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Elmendorf, TXFebruary 11, 2015
Good job but management was questionable at times. Enjoyed my coworkers and costumers. Typical day was running samples. Learned ASTM methods. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with work load. Most enjoyable was the company.
Dull work
(GTS), Inspector (Former Employee), Madrid, MDFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: meet good contacts
Cons: many hours in the car
You have to drive many hours and then you have to do your work, and then you have to drive back home and then you have to keep on doing office work
Good and Productive Atmosphere
millwright (Former Employee), Kempton Park, GPJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: free transportation
Cons: irreguler hours
I was able to arrive early at work due to the accessibility of transport. I learned that gaining experience is more vital and critical than earning a huge salary. Management was poor due to the fact that our manager was also our supervisor. Most hardest part of my job was to work with lazy people. I enjoyed the feeling and pressure of working alone.
Priductive and fun workplace - intellectual people
Corporate Development Research Assistant - M&A (Current Employee), London, ENGDecember 9, 2014
Intellectual work, interesting people, good learning experience
Not a healthy work environment
Sample Prep (Former Employee), Maddington, PerthDecember 5, 2014
Too focused on profit and not enough on adequate staff training or safety. Set unreachable expectations for workers that are impossible given the work SOPs; must shortcut procedures in order to reach the companies desired production numbers.
Terrible Place to Work
Chemist (Former Employee), Detroit, MIDecember 1, 2014
Pros: you're employed
Cons: everything else
Would you enjoy being trained primarily through write-ups and other disciplinary actions rather than being trained correctly the first time?

How about being strongly discouraged from taking sick days, ever?

Management is highly inflexible and will not listen to any good ideas you have. Any concerns you may have about unsafe working conditions or broken/poorly maintained equipment will be ignored. You will leave with black dust in your nostrils everyday.

No allowances will be made if you want to go back to school. It is impossible to take classes or do anything because of the ridiculous rotating schedule.

There is barely any time for a lunch break to be taken. Work is just so constant that you're lucky to have time for a granola bar. They expect you to do the work of 2 people.

Also it is a total boy's club with a culture of sexism and homophobia. sometimes blatantly so. I have heard upper level management use the word "f*****" when talking to another employee.

There is a culture of backbiting and complaining rather than cooperation. Listening to your coworkers complain about other coworkers really will bring you down even if you try to maintain a positive attitude.

Do you really want to work here? It's not worth it, hold out for something better. I'm really not exaggerating.
Administrative Workload Not Evenly Shared
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXNovember 24, 2014
Cons: short breaks, environment, salary, time-off
Each team's administrative assistant is not given equal amount of work. The hardest part of this job is trying to attain goals for the team and team leader/manager. High and not attainable expectations are set to get you to work harder and longer and not get overtime. There was nothing enjoyable about this job. Too much work and not enough pay.
my review of my current position
Application Engineer\Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee), plesangton caNovember 19, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: lack of hours due to amount of work brought into the company lack of pay
I've been with the company for 7 years and alot of my coworkers are family to me. One of the best atmosphere's I ever worked in. When i go into work I never know what I might work on due to different projects.
Bad work environment
Inspector (Former Employee), Nederland, TXNovember 3, 2014
Pros: you got a job
Cons: everything else
Worked there for a 7 months .... hated every min.... The overall work environment stinks ... very racial company ... If your black stay away ..
fast past working enviroment large amounts of work daily
Export Consultant (Current Employee), Boksburg, GPOctober 24, 2014
Pros: great company benefits
Cons: large amounts of work daily, there is never a quiet day...which is not a bad thing at all.
We handle about 100 clients a day wanting to export goods into other countries.
I have gained a lot of experience regarding imports and exports, and the regulations of standards implemented by other countries.
I am surrounded by positive, energetic and motivated co-workers who are very caring and helpful, it almost feels like a family.
keeping clients happy is always a tough job but, learning what their needs are and perfecting an export brings much value to me and benefits the company.
I enjoy this work because its so interesting to see the inspection of items and the testing they under-go dealing with cars, toys & basically everything you personally go into a shop to buy is imported by our company.
Good Enviremnent
Accountant (Current Employee), AlexandriaOctober 2, 2014
It's a good company, I go in the morning to check mails and finished jobs to issue invoices.

1 2 3 4 5

About intertek

Intertek is a nosy nellie when it comes to product safety and international trade. The company, a leading provider of testing – Read more