intertek

intertek Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Team and Busy environment
Chemist (Current Employee), New Plymouth, New ZealandFebruary 17, 2015
I am proud to be a part of this team. I have updated my technical skills and knowledge. This is a challenging role; especially keeping the timeframe; providing results within the correct time to the clients. I would love to keep busy always and enjoy this position utmost. This is the right time for me to step up from my current position.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Karachi, PSDFebruary 17, 2015
 Ten years and two months of laboratory experience in ISO-9000 and 17025 certified multinational and local companies.
 Hands-on experience in all analytical instrument used in Pharmaceutical, pesticidal, textile and oil industry, including Inductive Coupled Plasma (ICP-OES of PerkinElmer), UV-Vis spectrophotometer, Flame photometry, FTIR (Thermo), HPLC-DAD/UV/florescence (Agilent, Shimadzu & water), GC-FID/MS/ECD (Agilent & Shimadzu), X-ray diffraction (XRD), and thermogravimetry (TGA by TA instruments) in Intertek and during M.Phil research work.
 Successfully developed recycling of plastic research lab in HEJ Research Institute, Pharmaceutical and Environmental research lab in Dow University of Health Sciences and Analytical lab in Intertek Pakistan.
 Successfully completed research work on the conversion of waste products such as plastics to petroleum products from the catalysts developed during research which also recently cited my local print media (express tribune).
 Excellent communication skills, writing ability and team work experience as assistant manager in Intertek Pvt Ltd
 International exposure for professional training in Hong Kong, Bangkok and Bangladesh on analytical services and technical issues
 Always in the health and safety team in organizations
Intertek is a great place to work. The PMO is top notice
Data Center Migration Project Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: re-org
The PMO and it's ability to work within the company structure, Department SME's and 3rd party providers is both challenging and rewarding.
Good job
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Elmendorf, TXFebruary 11, 2015
Good job but management was questionable at times. Enjoyed my coworkers and costumers. Typical day was running samples. Learned ASTM methods. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with work load. Most enjoyable was the company.
Dull work
(GTS), Inspector (Former Employee), Madrid, MDFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: meet good contacts
Cons: many hours in the car
You have to drive many hours and then you have to do your work, and then you have to drive back home and then you have to keep on doing office work
Good and Productive Atmosphere
millwright (Former Employee), Kempton Park, GPJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: free transportation
Cons: irreguler hours
I was able to arrive early at work due to the accessibility of transport. I learned that gaining experience is more vital and critical than earning a huge salary. Management was poor due to the fact that our manager was also our supervisor. Most hardest part of my job was to work with lazy people. I enjoyed the feeling and pressure of working alone.
Priductive and fun workplace - intellectual people
Corporate Development Research Assistant - M&A (Current Employee), London, ENGDecember 9, 2014
Intellectual work, interesting people, good learning experience
Not a healthy work environment
Sample Prep (Former Employee), Maddington, PerthDecember 5, 2014
Too focused on profit and not enough on adequate staff training or safety. Set unreachable expectations for workers that are impossible given the work SOPs; must shortcut procedures in order to reach the companies desired production numbers.
Terrible Place to Work
Chemist (Former Employee), Detroit, MIDecember 1, 2014
Pros: you're employed
Cons: everything else
Would you enjoy being trained primarily through write-ups and other disciplinary actions rather than being trained correctly the first time?

How about being strongly discouraged from taking sick days, ever?

Management is highly inflexible and will not listen to any good ideas you have. Any concerns you may have about unsafe working conditions or broken/poorly maintained equipment will be ignored. You will leave with black dust in your nostrils everyday.

No allowances will be made if you want to go back to school. It is impossible to take classes or do anything because of the ridiculous rotating schedule.

There is barely any time for a lunch break to be taken. Work is just so constant that you're lucky to have time for a granola bar. They expect you to do the work of 2 people.

Also it is a total boy's club with a culture of sexism and homophobia. sometimes blatantly so. I have heard upper level management use the word "f*****" when talking to another employee.

There is a culture of backbiting and complaining rather than cooperation. Listening to your coworkers complain about other coworkers really will bring you down even if you try to maintain a positive attitude.

Do you really want to work here? It's not worth it, hold out for something better. I'm really not exaggerating.
Administrative Workload Not Evenly Shared
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXNovember 24, 2014
Cons: short breaks, environment, salary, time-off
Each team's administrative assistant is not given equal amount of work. The hardest part of this job is trying to attain goals for the team and team leader/manager. High and not attainable expectations are set to get you to work harder and longer and not get overtime. There was nothing enjoyable about this job. Too much work and not enough pay.
my review of my current position
Application Engineer\Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee), plesangton caNovember 19, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: lack of hours due to amount of work brought into the company lack of pay
I've been with the company for 7 years and alot of my coworkers are family to me. One of the best atmosphere's I ever worked in. When i go into work I never know what I might work on due to different projects.
Bad work environment
Inspector (Former Employee), Nederland, TXNovember 3, 2014
Pros: you got a job
Cons: everything else
Worked there for a 7 months .... hated every min.... The overall work environment stinks ... very racial company ... If your black stay away ..
fast past working enviroment large amounts of work daily
Export Consultant (Current Employee), Boksburg, GPOctober 24, 2014
Pros: great company benefits
Cons: large amounts of work daily, there is never a quiet day...which is not a bad thing at all.
We handle about 100 clients a day wanting to export goods into other countries.
I have gained a lot of experience regarding imports and exports, and the regulations of standards implemented by other countries.
I am surrounded by positive, energetic and motivated co-workers who are very caring and helpful, it almost feels like a family.
keeping clients happy is always a tough job but, learning what their needs are and perfecting an export brings much value to me and benefits the company.
I enjoy this work because its so interesting to see the inspection of items and the testing they under-go dealing with cars, toys & basically everything you personally go into a shop to buy is imported by our company.
Good Enviremnent
Accountant (Current Employee), AlexandriaOctober 2, 2014
It's a good company, I go in the morning to check mails and finished jobs to issue invoices.
A great place to work
Finance Manager Shared Services - Middle East (Former Employee), Dubai, UAESeptember 30, 2014
Pros: free lunch or dinners if working on off days, generous bonus scheme, end of service benefits
Cons: it was not a clock atmosphere, you need to pitch in extra time to achieve desired results.
A career oriented company. Every day comes with a challenge with tight deadlines. Need to develop, coach and lead a team to achieve 100% management expectations.
inspec uae (recently bought by intertek)
manager (Former Employee), uaeSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: attractive salary
Cons: everything else
Think I dodged a bullet here.
Never have I come across such an inept group of people in my life.
I have to say that the the big boss here in the uae is one of the most rude, unhelpful and disrespectful people I have ever met. I now understand why they have no work.

He has a whole world of pain coming his way if this is how he performs.....and ultimately he will drag the company down with him.
Avoid, avoid, avoid!!!!
Group IT Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2014
Over the 24 years that I worked for Intertek, I learned a great deal. I was fortunate to be able to work for some very influential managers who provided a legacy of information and skills that I will be able to benefit from in the years to come.
decent place to work
inspector (Former Employee), new orleansAugust 26, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: no schedule
pay was great, no schedule i was on cal 24/7, so the balance is rough sometimes barely home long enough for a nap, managment is good at playing to everyones skills
They teach you how to be an employee, but not how to do your job.
Tester (Former Employee), Dallas TXAugust 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches sometimes
No training program; you're supposed to figure it out for yourself.

The summary of the training guidance "If you have a question, ask someone (else)."
very unorganized
Inspector (Former Employee), Sulphur, LAAugust 8, 2014
Pros: always busy and 4 days on and 4 days off
Cons: no truck allowance and not the best management with ok pay
on call work week is 4 on 4 off will work in into the ground on ur 4 on but they leave u alone on your 4 off ok pay but not the best benefits management is very unorganized can move up due to high turn over rate due to burning people out

1 2 3 4 5

About intertek

Intertek is a nosy nellie when it comes to product safety and international trade. The company, a leading provider of testing – Read more