Even in the dull world of tile there is a place for an outstanding graphic designer to create remarkable work.
Interstyle is arguably the word's most innovative glass tile manufacturer. Located in Vancouver since 1978, this very successful family run business has been creating original tiles that are featured around the world. Providing graphic design services for this company could be your opportunity of a lifetime.
If you are confident you have what it takes to guide the graphics department for this successful tile manufacturer, show us why you think you are the best person for the job. You may just send your resume, but you may also want to impress us with one of your thoughtful designs: for example, you may want to create a storyboard for a small advertising campaign.
This is a position of great responsibility - we are looking for passion and potential.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Participation in new product development, including creating designs, choosing and naming colours, etc.
2. Designing marketing materials - layout for marketing materials, such as sample folders for architects and designers, concept boards, trade show displays and web site content, brochures and price pages.
3. Product Photography – create layouts, design sets and direct photographer
4. Preparing custom illustrations for customers to illustrate custom tile work.
5. Maintaining web content and general website maintenance
6. Technical illustrations to guide production of mosaics, preparation of silk-screens, installation manuals.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience;
Strong working knowledge of design-related applications (i.e. Adobe Creative Suite)
Ability to articulate creative ideas
Good sense of colour
Excellent attention to detail
Organized and able to bring projects to completion
Professional and service-oriented
Ability to receive input and direction
Hands on approach to work
Post-secondary degree or diploma in Graphic Design
Office-based. Uses desk and computer hardware.
Is required to carry out hands-on work including collecting materials from factory and working in Samples department
Physical work occasionally required (e.g. moving panels, loading crates etc.)
Tools & Equipment
Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, In design, Photoshop) Dreamweaver
Customer Service Representatives