Interprovincial Cooperative Limited (IPCO), a respected leader in the Agricultural industry, is currently recruiting for a Safety & Training Co-ordinator located in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Reporting to the Agri Products Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
1. Manage safety program on behalf of IPCO. Develop initiatives and coordinate goals, training, and communication with Plant Shift Supervisors and plant staff. Coordinate with the safety committee and communicate plant wide objectives.
2. Assist Plant Shift Supervisor to train seasonal and permanent plant employees. Conduct orientation to include benefits, safety standards.
3. In conjunction with Production Superintendent and Plant Shift Supervisor, develop training plan for staff and deliver training modules. Coordinate TEAM building initiatives based on production and safety goals. Conduct training on forklifts, WHMIS, and TDG.
4. Conduct accident investigations to determine causes and develop preventative actions. Monitor safety performance. Work with Production Superintendent, Facility Engineer, and plant supervisors to coordinate job risk analysis and develop strategies to reduce accidents through training and engineering out risks from the plant.
5. Manage safety and lost day records, communicate lost time, attendance program, probationary timelines, participate in safety committee meetings, and coordinate ERP program.
6. Develop and implement COR program.
7. Implement improvement efforts related to CropLife Manufacturing, ISO standards, work with staff on Path to Performance, and support third party audits.
Candidates must hold a degree or diploma in Safety or Training with a minimum of 5 years of related experience working in a unionized warehouse or manufacturing environment. This position requires demonstrated communication, organizational, planning, and interpersonal skills. TDG, ISO, and WHMIS knowledge and certification is required. COR training is considered an asset.
IPCO offers an attractive salary, benefits and pension plan package, and the opportunity for personal and professional development.
Please submit a detailed resume in confidence to:
Talent Acquisition Co-ordinator
Interprovincial Co-operative Limited
401 - 22nd Street East
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7K 3M9
Fax (306) 244-3462