International Market Recruiters

International Market Recruiters Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
diligent, hard-working
Employee (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 6, 2012
Pros: see above!
I've been consulting for IMR for a while now. Last week during Sandy, both my recruiter and the payroll department reached out to me repeatedly to make sure that I was ok and that I get paid for the week before. Like most of NY, they had no phones or emails as their office was shut down. But my recruiter called me from home to make sure I got paid. – more... Much appreciated especially during these hard times! – less
placed by IMR for perm job
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJOctober 25, 2012
Pros: know their clients well
they're good guys - seriously prep you for the job. intense but it works. they got me 3 interviews and 2 offers so nothing to complain about.
good recruiting firm for temp to perm jobs
Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 25, 2012
Pros: compensation
Cons: company i went perm at had less vacation time than my previous job
i was placed shortly after meeting with a recruiter. she was very honest and direct. i was placed and went perm within a few months. good salary
good recruiters, know the business
Operations (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 24, 2012
Pros: fast turnaround. professional
IMR placed me on site at one of their cleints. I met with a recruiter and was literally placed a week later. It was good timing but regardless of that, my recruiter was really nice. Very professional. She was very honest. Helped me update my resume. Gave me some pointers for the interview. I've recommended them.

December 1, 2012

I have an utmost respect for IMR’s professionalism, values, and integrity. It is a wonderful company to work for because of employees’ combined team effort and spirit. IMR knows its clients’ expectations and will prepare candidates for job interviews. I will recommend IMR to potential candidates.

Energetic sales atmosphere where the self-motivated succeed
Recruiter & Sales Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 15, 2012
Pros: great benefits, free lunches & other similar perks, company sponsored vacations, compensation
Cons: short lunch breaks, lack of internal mobility/growth
I worked at IMR for many years and learned so many valuable skills that have helped my career over the years. It's not a place where you come to punch in, punch out, & have an hour lunch break... However, it is a company that rewards hard work, determination, & those with the drive to succeed. The owner is passionate and driven; and other successful – more... people in the office share the same qualities. This is a sales environment and requires thick skin along with self-motivation. I think this would be the case in most sales offices, it's no secret that tensions can run high in a sales environment. The recruiters start out cold calling, this is how you learn & develop your sales skills (I did this for a bit too when I started and it's TOUGH; sales is not easy!) Eventually you create your own personal network and the sales calls get easier. You must be on top of your work & able to think on your feet at all times.

The benefits were always excellent when I was an employee of IMR. The health plan they were using before I switched careers was the absolute best plan ever, I had virtually zero out of pocket expenses! It was amazing! Also the dental plan is standard and covered most normal expenses. I did wish that they had an eye care plan, but I'd trade in my current eye care plan to have that health plan again!

I was very happy with my compensation over the years and felt that I was always compensated fairly. (I did have to start out by proving myself & my worth to the company...which was completely fine with me.)

I had a very good work life balance while at IMR, the owner really values health & physical fitness. He encourages the employees to be healthy & supports their efforts to exercise regularly. I would often take classes at the gym immediately after work and it was never an issue for someone to make health/fitness a priority. I worked about 45 hrs a week regularly.

The office was also often provided with pizza lunch, happy hours, awesome holiday dinners at top notch restaurants, & company trips. This company is SO generous to its employees during good years!! I also was sponsored by IMR to attend an Excel training workshop held outside of the office to gain skills to help with my daily responsibilities.

I am very thankful for all of the opportunities that I was given, great learning experiences, & fun people that I worked with at IMR. Although I moved on for a different opportunity after many years, I often look back and realize how much I learned & developed as a professional while at IMR and I do miss the energy of that office! – less
They do nothing and forget about you. Waste of time!!
Executive (Former Employee), New YorkOctober 9, 2012
The WORST place to work in my book. Not friendly with a lot of attitudes walking around.
Sales environment
Recruiter (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 2, 2012
Pros: good benefits (medical and dental)
Cons: early start
I was hired as a Recruiter at IMR. As with most sales jobs, a normal day was spent on the phones and meeting people. Everyone during the interview process was very honest and up front about the job and the enviroment. It's sales - you have to be aggressive. I've had a few sales jobs now. Reading the other comments are funny. People never believe how – more... hard sales is and then they're surprised when they do the job.

I learned a tremendous amount about the recruiting business and the industry. Hardest part is learning how to sell. Most enjoyable part is commission check. – less
Hard Working/Ethical Team
Recruiter (Former Employee), New YorkOctober 2, 2012
Traditional Sales Environment. Great place to learn the recruiting business with some of the most successful recruiters in the business. They are a hard working team who truly understand their client's needs.
Boiler room- except worse
Recruiter (Former Employee), New YorkAugust 31, 2012
Cons: everything
You literally sit in an open room with other recruiters - and you're told you have to speak louder than the guy next to you so that "he can hear you making money". Half of the jobs you recruit for don't exist and IMR isn't an approved vendor a bulk of the firms. The most hostile enviroment I've ever seen.

The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving – more... it. – less
IMR
Account Executive (Former Employee), NY, NYMay 11, 2012
Cons: as listed above
I was hired as an Account executiove to groe the IT contract division. When I started they changed that to just contacting teh finacial industry. Cold calling old lists from 2007-2008 .. making 365 calls a day and maybe connecting with a few real people a day.. 12 hours a day an dno lunch.
It was not was I signed up for!

International Market Recruiters Photos