The main purpose of this position is to observe , record ,and create preliminary databases and prepare preliminary reports related to clinical and pre-clinical studies. The documents may be submitted internally to the research project manager or externally to principle or co-investigator(s) of the project. The officer is expected to ensure consistency across documents and improve overall document quality. DCO works under supervision of project manager and leadership team of each project.
Reports to: Project manager (PM)
Other internal contacts: Data Analyst(DA), Data Manager (DM), Medical Writer (MW)
- Perform data collection assignments regularly
o setup data observing and recording tools
o identifying relevant information sources
o coordinate the scheduling
o collect the required clinical data based on the approved protocol
o create preliminary electronic database of the collected data
o submit preliminary reports about the data collection process
- Communicate with PIs, Project Manager, Data Manager, Data Analyst, and subordinates by telephone, email, written form, or in person
- Use computer system to enter data or process information
- Document and restore information ( archiving )
The successful candidate should be self-motivated, flexible, creative, able to prioritize, multi-task and work in a fast-paced & demanding environment.
o Bachelor’s degree and 1 years of directly related experience or accredited college degree with 2 years related experience.
o Degree should be in life sciences (Biology, Physiology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, and Immunology) or health sciences (Epidemiology, Public Health, Medical Sociology, Medical Journalism, and Medical Anthropology).
o Proficient in essential software such as MS Office
o Proficient in computer applications including preparation of spreadsheets and database management
- Basic clinical knowledge and terminology
- Ability to understand written and oral instruction
- Ability to record data with accuracy and legibility
- Ability to observe data objectively and to assemble such data in clear and concise reports
- Ability to deal with the public and other employees in a courteous, cooperative manner
- Neat and legible handwriting
- Ability to maintain records, correct reports, and handle other office-related functions
- Accurate and detail-oriented, with excellent inter-personal skills
If you are interested please apply online http://iihtd.com/job-postings/