- Introduce automated test framework(s) to test a variety of satellite receivers, and head-end products.
- Build test automation tools to increase testing efficiency and effectiveness with new design loads and feature changes.
- Design and make improvements to the ISO Test process.
- Recommend the appropriate test equipment and test case management tool(s).
- Review design specifications, and ensure that all requirements are testable, translate the design specifications into test objectives and plans to identify product deficiencies prior to release.
- Create test scenarios to reproduce field problems to isolate and identify root cause of bugs.
- Contribute to the project planning process and adhere to established schedules and project constraints to deliver optimized testing.
- Provide feedback to design team regarding test results, ensuring their understanding of the methodology and results.
- Create and distribute various test reports.
- Evaluate hardware that is used in products.
- Interface closely with R&D and Customer Support to address and proactively resolve quality issues.
- Interview/ hire new test personnel and perform yearly appraisals.
- Proven ability to understand functional requirements and translate into test objectives and plans.
- Specific QA/verification experience including both hardware and software.
- Testing and qualifying products, with sound knowledge of one or more of the following technologies would be an asset:
o Digital Video/Audio
- Success in building a verification infrastructure with a focus on test automation.
- Effective communication skills in English, both written and oral.
- Strong diagnostic skills to properly test software and measure the quality of the product.
- Proven ability to program in c, c++, python, perl, and other scripting languages.
- Proven ability to interface directly with R&D and Product Management teams.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience an automated testing environment.
- Experience with test plan creation, test case reviews, test execution, defect triage and root cause analysis.
Indeed - 17 months ago