- Organize, maintain and publish all Cospas-Sarsat Programme formal documentation and reports, including website editions.
- Manage the review, organization, publication and archiving of meeting documents.
- Draft some documents routinely submitted to international meetings of the Programme.
- Maintain website content, making modifications as directed and ensuring information is up to date.
- Coordinate the translation of official documents, as required.
Responsible for Cospas-Sarsat documentation activities, including:
- liaising with the responsible Secretariat officers and national delegations to receive, review,process (e.g., format), and publish documents submitted to Cospas-Sarsat meetings;
- assembling, publishing and distributing the reports of Programme meetings, and assisting in meeting logistics;
- reviewing, editing and aligning (ensuring consistency with other documents) meeting reports, summary records and System documents to ensure accuracy, and consistency in format, presentation and references (using Microsoft Word and Word Styles, and Adobe PDF);
- organizing, in association with Secretariat officers and meeting chairpersons, the assignment of documents to individuals or committees for action, and preparing strategies for properly addressing all documents within meeting work plans;
- organising and supervising the translation of official Cospas-Sarsat documents as requested by the Head of Secretariat;
- the preparation, maintenance and distribution, including through the website, of official Programme documents and promotional material, including the maintenance of the library of Programme/System documents and archives, and the preparation/editing of the annual Information Bulletin and other general information documents; and
- preparing data/statistical analysis information for presentation and incorporation into formal Cospas-Sarsat documentation through charts, graphs and other media presentations (e.g., PowerPoint).
Maintain the content on the Cospas-Sarsat website, including:
- working with the responsible Secretariat officers to ensure the website is updated regarding meeting dates, venues, and related information,
- uploading updated System documentation and meeting papers,
posting to the website other material such as “What’s New” current events.
Professional / Academic Qualifications
A combination of university degree and/or proven qualifications and experience in management and organization of technical and/or scientific documentation, including drafting and editing, and management of website content.
Excellent command of the English language, both oral and written, is a strict requirement. Knowledge of French, Russian or another language will be an additional asset.
Key Experience and Competencies
- Meticulous and thorough in organizing, reviewing, editing and formatting documents at a level of importance affecting safety-of-life.
- Experience in preparing and formatting documentation of a technical or scientific nature.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, version 2007 or later including Word Styles.
- Proficiency working with and editing Adobe PDF documents.
- Comfortable working in website content management systems.
- Proficiency in analysing and rendering technical data through charts, graphs and other presentation media, using one or more of Microsoft Publisher, PowerPoint, Excel and Access would be highly desirable.
- meticulous and very precise about details, even seemingly trivial ones (considering that they relate to a safety-of-life service);
- ability to deal tactfully with contacts on a worldwide basis;
- self-motivated and able to work effectively without direct supervision;
- possesses a good understanding of and ability to work in an international/multi-cultural/multi-lingual environment;
- able to periodically work long hours under pressure in excess of normal office hours; and
- ability to set priorities and work within time constraints.
The usual place of work is at Cospas-Sarsat Programme Headquarters, Montreal (Quebec) Canada. However, the position may require travelling and working abroad from time to time, for one or two week periods.
Term of employment: six months, with potential to convert to a full-time, permanent position.
Indeed - 12 months ago
The International Cospas-Sarsat Programme provides accurate, timely, and reliable distress alert and location data to help search and rescue...