International Clothiers Employee Reviews

Easy job, terrible management.
merchandising, guest service (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS12 September 2016
Easy job to do. Upper management was never present, or accountable. Working there became confusing, as we were given conflicting instructions at times. Cut hours, and little pay with no advancement or raises per hour or year.
Pros
easy to do
Cons
minimum wage, no raises, hour cuts, confused management, doesn't keep promises.
Generally a relax place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 October 2016
Working at International Clothiers Inc. has increased my communication skills with customers as I am constantly approaching them for any questions or concerns that need to be answered. I work with a great group of people who are very helpful and kind. The hardest part of the job is keeping the store organized. I work at a huge location and when it comes to the busy hours, it is difficult managing to keep the story tidy while helping out the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact with customers and getting to know them on a deeper level. Customer loyalty is a way for the employees to treat the client in a comfortable fashion.
Pros
Great staff-coworkers
Cons
Management is not helpful
Mediocre workplace with poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2016
Had the opportunity to work with INC. Went in with a positive attitude, clear mind and hopeful future-- not so much how I left. The store is 100% poorly managed. Whilst the job allows you to provide customer service- that's about all you will do. There is NO room for advancement. The manager I worked with was extremely nasty and spiteful; often spreading rumors behind employees backs to gain the trust of others. Other management--keyholders etc--were kind and helpful. I would NOT advise to work with this company. Your work is not assessed, recognized, or appreciated. And without that employee appreciation and recognition, what you are is basically a slave. Do yourself a favor and find a place that appreciates ALL employees and not just those at management. PS, that manager at the Toronto location needs to be sacked, he is weighing down and diminishing the name of the company.
Pros
Cons
Mismanaged, short hours
Generally a relax place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 October 2016
Working at International Clothiers Inc has increased my communication skills with customers.I work with a great group of people who are very helpful..
Pros
Great staff-coworkers
Cons
low salary
International Clothiers
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS13 November 2016
To date, this job remains to be one of my absolute favorites. I was hired on as a seasonal sales associate and quickly climbed the ranks in only a few months. Within my first year with this company I had been sales associate at one store, moved to another, where I was promoted to manager. Then, still within the same year, I was transferred to a busier store and given the position of assistant manager. This is a job where your hard work is appreciated and I enjoyed it.
good place to work, but pay is bad.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 August 2016
The worst company to work for, they don't care about their employees. They pay less salary to the store managers then they pay to their key holders.
Cons
low salary
Salary paid sales with commission
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 May 2016
Poor quality merchandise. Poor management. Criminals for co-workers. Rude customers. Pathetic pay. Terrible working conditions. Best part of the day was leaving.
Management ruined it for me
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON1 March 2016
This was my first job and I absolutely loved it. I learned so many things and soon realized I was really good at customer service, interaction and sales!
New management took over and things changed immensely. I was treated poorly, lost shifts, called names and belittled.
Sadly not the first job experience a teenager should have.
I loved selling and rearranging the store, adding merchandise and talking with customers.
Pros
Skills Learned
Cons
Management was highly important and fun at times
Key Holder and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 November 2016
I've learned a great deal in fashion trends for men. Did not find my job difficult at all. The best part of working was to do the store visuals with the visual director overseeing the task.
This was an enjoyable experience for me.
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON8 September 2016
This was my first job so I was quite nervous, however the manager and staff were very welcoming and I was trained by my manager the first shift and then was basically put to work. I enjoyed servicing the customers and being on cash.
Had a very nice and fun atmosphere amongst the staff
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 February 2016
Learning how to sell clothes to a younger and more trendy atmosphere was very beneficial for future life goals in different applicable atmospheres. The management was always helpful and highly informative about working in a teamwork setup.
Pros
customers, fun atmospere, fellow workers always helpful
Cons
store not big enough
Cashier Experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 June 2016
Working at International was a good experience, because I learned how to manage a store on my own, by that I mean, working the till and watching the floor and un-packing boxes. The staff was very nice, and was a great learning experience.
Pros
Discount, Staff, Experience
Cons
not long enough hours
simple workplace- limited leisure outlets
Senior Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto16 May 2016
Co-workers and other staff were enjoyable and cooperative. Tasks and projects were completed in a timely and positive manner with cooperation with all team members. This would also be considered as the most enjoyable part of the job.
Very limited
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 February 2016
International has very little or no standards on customer service. It is unclear the mission and objectives to meet, aside from sales. The pay/ benefits is below average.
Pros
quiet
Cons
weekly inventory, pay
Not a bad part time job at all
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 June 2016
the workplace made the work better than it actually was. Usually not busy unless its prom season and staff is very flexible with hours
My first job
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 December 2015
First job with no expectations and no remorse. It was an interesting experience to say the least. Poor company management.
Higher responsibilities
Open and Closed store accordingly (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 February 2014
i would open the store and get it ready for a new day. made sure everything was up to standard. co- workers were great but our management not so much they did not know how to manage very well and put most of their managerial work load on key holders like me. overall loved helping others and interacting with customers.
Pros
great team
Decent
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON2 February 2016
Not the best, anyone higher up will not care that much about you. However the employees that you work with usually have your back.
Great workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Gerrard Square17 February 2015
Loved working at International. Would suggest this for anyone who is looking to start a new career. Great management and great customers. Gained lots of skills over the 4-5 years I been there.
A day at a retail employment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON9 February 2013
At the end of the day it is a satisfying feeling of accomplishment to have served customers and make them happy. One of the reasons I took this job was to make a difference in service and challenge myself on a higher level. Being at a management position has always been my number one aspiration from the first day on the job as a sales associate. The hardest part of the job is, sometimes you may not be in an authoritative position to make a customer feel satisfy with their purchase. Where exchanges are concerned, a company's policy has to be followed. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting and talking with the customers.
Pros
nothing
Cons
no authority in decision makings of any kind.

2.6