International Clothiers Employee Reviews in Canada

good place to work, but pay is bad.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 16, 2016
The worst company to work for, they don't care about their employees. They pay less salary to the store managers then they pay to their key holders.
Cons
low salary
Not a bad part time job at all
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 9, 2016
the workplace made the work better than it actually was. Usually not busy unless its prom season and staff is very flexible with hours
Salary paid sales with commission
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 22, 2016
Poor quality merchandise. Poor management. Criminals for co-workers. Rude customers. Pathetic pay. Terrible working conditions. Best part of the day was leaving.
simple workplace- limited leisure outlets
Senior Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  TorontoMay 16, 2016
Co-workers and other staff were enjoyable and cooperative. Tasks and projects were completed in a timely and positive manner with cooperation with all team members. This would also be considered as the most enjoyable part of the job.
Management ruined it for me
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMarch 1, 2016
This was my first job and I absolutely loved it. I learned so many things and soon realized I was really good at customer service, interaction and sales!
New management took over and things changed immensely. I was treated poorly, lost shifts, called names and belittled.
Sadly not the first job experience a teenager should have.
I loved selling and rearranging the store, adding merchandise and talking with customers.
Pros
Skills Learned
Very limited
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 19, 2016
International has very little or no standards on customer service. It is unclear the mission and objectives to meet, aside from sales. The pay/ benefits is below average.
Pros
quiet
Cons
weekly inventory, pay
Had a very nice and fun atmosphere amongst the staff
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 8, 2016
Learning how to sell clothes to a younger and more trendy atmosphere was very beneficial for future life goals in different applicable atmospheres. The management was always helpful and highly informative about working in a teamwork setup.
Pros
customers, fun atmospere, fellow workers always helpful
Cons
store not big enough
Decent
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Not the best, anyone higher up will not care that much about you. However the employees that you work with usually have your back.
Mediocre workplace with poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Had the opportunity to work with INC. Went in with a positive attitude, clear mind and hopeful future-- not so much how I left. The store is 100% poorly managed. Whilst the job allows you to provide customer service- that's about all you will do. There is NO room for advancement. The manager I worked with was extremely nasty and spiteful; often spreading rumors behind employees backs to gain the trust of others. Other management--keyholders etc--were kind and helpful. I would NOT advise to work with this company. Your work is not assessed, recognized, or appreciated. And without that employee appreciation and recognition, what you are is basically a slave. Do yourself a favor and find a place that appreciates ALL employees and not just those at management. PS, that manager at the Toronto location needs to be sacked, he is weighing down and diminishing the name of the company.
Pros
Cons
Mismanaged, short hours
My first job
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 30, 2015
First job with no expectations and no remorse. It was an interesting experience to say the least. Poor company management.
Awesome place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKOctober 31, 2015
Everyone was friendly, and easy to work with and it was just a fun place to work. The manager trained me very well. The concepts were easy to grasp. The manager was easky to get a long with and very understanding.
too much work and not enough pay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  edmonton, abJune 11, 2015
this is a good beginner job but not much room for advancement. they expect too much work and not enough pay for it. your wage does not really increase at the end of the day.
Hardwork but gained a lot of useful experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONMarch 28, 2015
A typical day was clocking in, stocking new deliveries, cleaning floors and windows, keeping track of inventory.
My co-workers were supportive of me since I was the youngest worker.
The hardest part of the job was keeping track of inventory.
The most enjoyable part was being a cashier.
Pros
Gained a lot of hands-on experience
Cons
5 minute breaks
fun place to workat
Assistant Manager, (Former Employee) –  hamilton, onMarch 23, 2015
was responsible for the men and boys side

need to keep it clean

responsible to make the daily minimum target

had to make sure the store is set up they way the head office asked for it to be and the way the daily script is requesting

had to open and close the store even if i was off that day i came in to open and close it and count daily money and bring to the bank

report to the regional sales manager daily
Pros
discount
It Takes Patience
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  TorontoMarch 10, 2015
While you can find many things to enjoy about working at INC, there are just as many things to get angry about.

You will meet many great people at INC, however, you will also meet staff that think you should just shut up and do your job, despite not knowing what your job actually is.

Just like any other job, there will be reasons you are happy to be working there, and then you will have days where you will consider looking elsewhere.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONFebruary 25, 2015
interaction with customers, wall changes planogram set. co worker wee amazing, management was awesome. Most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with customers, the hardest part of my job was even though I got the customer what they needed going outside my store to find what they wanted
Great workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Gerrard SquareFebruary 17, 2015
Loved working at International. Would suggest this for anyone who is looking to start a new career. Great management and great customers. Gained lots of skills over the 4-5 years I been there.
Productive, Time sufficient, Team effort.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONJanuary 31, 2015
Team work in very important within this company. There is so many things to do all the time. Everyone is very busy.
We get a lot of nice customers from all over the world. Lots of people come into the store to find clothes for vacation trips.
We sell suits and a lot of business men come in.
The networking with customers and learning about customers needs is wonderful.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  MississaugaOctober 8, 2014
Sometimes we are loaded with work, for example, day of shipment and sometimes, we work freely. Amazing co-workers, working as a team, great leadership.
productive and fun workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 23, 2014
Sales Manager
• Responsible to perform different activities of organization
• Ensure customer satisfaction by promptly and satisfactorily resolving complaints.
• Managing and performing various financial and operational activities of organization.
• Preparing annual budgetary plans for organization
• Lead a team of talented sales representatives in a retail environment
• Recruit, develop, train, mentor and manage employees

2.7