INTERNATIONAL CIVIL AVIATION ORGANIZATION Employee Reviews

My Responsabilities
Official Internship Scheme (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 May 2017
Technical Co-operation Bureau (TCB) – Official Internship Scheme
Assistant to Project Managers in developing project scopes, budgets and schedules
Followed 2 projects with South America while there
Productive and fun workplace
Human Resources Officer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 October 2016
I began by going over the list from the previous day, setting priorities. I reviewed the progress of existing projects, then checked the calendar to refresh my memory on the upcoming week. I liked to meet with my staff early, mid and late week to discuss priorities, checked progress, and then prepared for the following week. I wanted to make sure, as much as possible, that we could all dedicate to tasks that moved projects forward, so I made habits out of organizational tasks for speed
Pros
Very Professional environment
Excellent benifits, Job security
Clasissifed (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 September 2016
Very good job for learning, but very bureaucratic and extremely political to progress into management posts.
Due to each member state's representation requirements some very unqualified people make it to management just by their government supporting their profile.
Hard for Canadians to move up since it's the hoist nation and therefore no room for senior management for Canadians.
Pros
No Income tax as UN employee
Cons
Beuraucratic and hard to move up in the ranks due to politics
Great working schedule
Risk Analysis Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montreal QC19 August 2015
It is great organization to work for. As a consultant i was not required to work from office and my deliverables were judged by quality and not the amount of time i spent on them.
Pros
decent salary
Cons
Impossible to get a permanent position while working as a consultant due to current hiring policy
Best work environment
Website Developer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 July 2015
I had six month internship in ICAO . It was an excellent experiment for me which help me learning a lot. It was good opportunity to transfer my knowledge to practical skill. My co-workers were awesome and supporting.
very good enviorment where you can be a very productive person
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  canada19 March 2015
one of the United Nations agency, I have always enjoyed working with people and I think my previous experience will allow me to work as part of the team and to be an effective representative as well. Beside patience, organization skills and creativity
Team oriented workplace
Learning Specialist and Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 October 2014
Multitasking, working on several instructional projects, aiming at meeting multiple deadlines.
It is an International Organization made up of many States
Audit Documentation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 August 2013
International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) is an agency of the United Nations. It is an Aviation organization made up of many states who are members of this Organization. There are three official languages. I worked with Aviation auditors (seconded officers) preparing them to do audits in member states. The work environment is very interesting and employees work both on an national and international level with member states. ICAO has 6 regional offices in Lima, Mexico City, Nairobi, Dakar, Bangkok and Paris and often dealt with the regional offices. Employees are given the opportunity to work in any of these offices if they wished. In addition, there are several delegation representating their countries that are housed at ICAO.

I have learnt a lot about aviation and especially meeting people from different cultural background was a plus for me. I enjoyed my years at ICAO and made a lot of friends not only in Montreal but from other countries as well.

In summary, it is quite a challenging Organizaltion to work for, meeting people from almost all over the world and since it is an agency of the United Nations, there is protocol to be respected at all times.
Pros
Short working hours 35 hours a week and there are summer hours.