INTERNATIONAL CIVIL AVIATION ORGANIZATION Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Great working schedule
Risk Analysis Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montreal QCAugust 19, 2015
It is great organization to work for. As a consultant i was not required to work from office and my deliverables were judged by quality and not the amount of time i spent on them.
Pros
decent salary
Cons
Impossible to get a permanent position while working as a consultant due to current hiring policy
Best work environment
Website Developer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 14, 2015
I had six month internship in ICAO . It was an excellent experiment for me which help me learning a lot. It was good opportunity to transfer my knowledge to practical skill. My co-workers were awesome and supporting.
very good enviorment where you can be a very productive person
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  canadaMarch 19, 2015
one of the United Nations agency, I have always enjoyed working with people and I think my previous experience will allow me to work as part of the team and to be an effective representative as well. Beside patience, organization skills and creativity
Team oriented workplace
Learning Specialist and Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 24, 2014
Multitasking, working on several instructional projects, aiming at meeting multiple deadlines.
It is an International Organization made up of many States
Audit Documentation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 19, 2013
International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) is an agency of the United Nations. It is an Aviation organization made up of many states who are members of this Organization. There are three official languages. I worked with Aviation auditors (seconded officers) preparing them to do audits in member states. The work environment is very interesting and employees work both on an national and international level with member states. ICAO has 6 regional offices in Lima, Mexico City, Nairobi, Dakar, Bangkok and Paris and often dealt with the regional offices. Employees are given the opportunity to work in any of these offices if they wished. In addition, there are several delegation representating their countries that are housed at ICAO.

I have learnt a lot about aviation and especially meeting people from different cultural background was a plus for me. I enjoyed my years at ICAO and made a lot of friends not only in Montreal but from other countries as well.

In summary, it is quite a challenging Organizaltion to work for, meeting people from almost all over the world and since it is an agency of the United Nations, there is protocol to be respected at all times.
Pros
short working hours 35 hours a week and there are summer hours.