INTERNATIONAL CIVIL AVIATION ORGANIZATION

INTERNATIONAL CIVIL AVIATION ORGANIZATION Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It is an International Organization made up of many States
Audit Documentation Clerk (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCAugust 19, 2013
Pros: short working hours 35 hours a week and there are summer hours.
International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) is an agency of the United Nations. It is an Aviation organization made up of many states who are members of this Organization. There are three official languages. I worked with Aviation auditors (seconded officers) preparing them to do audits in member states. The work environment is very interesting – more... and employees work both on an national and international level with member states. ICAO has 6 regional offices in Lima, Mexico City, Nairobi, Dakar, Bangkok and Paris and often dealt with the regional offices. Employees are given the opportunity to work in any of these offices if they wished. In addition, there are several delegation representating their countries that are housed at ICAO.

I have learnt a lot about aviation and especially meeting people from different cultural background was a plus for me. I enjoyed my years at ICAO and made a lot of friends not only in Montreal but from other countries as well.

In summary, it is quite a challenging Organizaltion to work for, meeting people from almost all over the world and since it is an agency of the United Nations, there is protocol to be respected at all times. – less
Important Organization for Flight Safety in the World
Aeronautical Engineer (Former Employee), CairoNovember 21, 2012
I established training procedures in National Civil Aviation training Organization in Cairo
I proposed a project to establish Reagional Aviation safety Organization in Southern Africa.