International Centre Employee Reviews

Job Security was an issue
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2016
when i got hired the manager had "forgot" to tell me business got slow from June to September so layoffs were made. Co-workers were very friendly throughout the whole building. a typical day at work is setting up for the show which included chairs, stages, curtains, and so forth for whatever the client needed for the show.
Good Work Enviroment
FINANCE ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 July 2013
Good Place Limited Advancement

Nice Management

Challenging workplace
Most interactive and challenging
Students Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Fanshawe College, London, ON18 May 2014
Being International Student Ambassador, I was responsible for registration of new comers to Fanshawe.
I learned many things like, how to deal with people from various countries.
Management was the best part. They were cooperative and encouraging.
Managing a sales booth
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 January 2013
My job at the International Center is for an Annual Convention, called the "Jalsa Salana". It is a convention that hosts over 30 000 people once every year for 3 days. My expertise is involved in managing a sales booth servicing over 6000 people. Merchandise such as technology, foods & beverages, clothing, sports jerseys, hats and many other items are for sale. Typically, I would manage all sales transactions, provide customer service, manage the inventory as well as manage all the cash, maintaining professional team relationship with co-workers and customers as well as set up and wind up the business booth.

As this event takes place every year, I have learned a lot of valuable skills, such as how to handle customers, keeping records of sales transactions, and also controlling all the cash. I get to network with people from all around the world gaining essential soft and hard skills when dealing with people. Moreover, the hardest part of the job is being on top of everythign for upto 10 hours straight as well as making sure the inventory is managed well. Also, I must keep an eye out on theft control myself.
Pros
networking with people from across the globe
Cons
being alert in order to prevent lost/stolen merchandise
Productive, Hard working, A good listener
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 August 2013
Well I havent had a real paying job before I am looking for a my first real job besides babysitting and volunteer work. So I can gain experience, and try something new. The hardest part of the job is trying to solve problems and gets your daily tasks and goals done. Enjoyable part of the day would be communicating with others, learning new fun things.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Balancing work and school
Completely Busy
Sales associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Airport Rd. Milton4 October 2013
Always fast pace environment, dealt with a lot of different types of people, learned to let security handle women shoppers.