International Centre

International Centre Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, Hard working, A good listener
Volunteer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 28, 2013
Pros: good experience
Cons: balancing work and school
Well I havent had a real paying job before I am looking for a my first real job besides babysitting and volunteer work. So I can gain experience, and try something new. The hardest part of the job is trying to solve problems and gets your daily tasks and goals done. Enjoyable part of the day would be communicating with others, learning new fun things.
Good Work Enviroment
FINANCE ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 25, 2013
Good Place Limited Advancement

Nice Management

Challenging workplace
Managing a sales booth
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: networking with people from across the globe
Cons: being alert in order to prevent lost/stolen merchandise
My job at the International Center is for an Annual Convention, called the "Jalsa Salana". It is a convention that hosts over 30 000 people once every year for 3 days. My expertise is involved in managing a sales booth servicing over 6000 people. Merchandise such as technology, foods & beverages, clothing, sports jerseys, hats and many other items are – more... for sale. Typically, I would manage all sales transactions, provide customer service, manage the inventory as well as manage all the cash, maintaining professional team relationship with co-workers and customers as well as set up and wind up the business booth.

As this event takes place every year, I have learned a lot of valuable skills, such as how to handle customers, keeping records of sales transactions, and also controlling all the cash. I get to network with people from all around the world gaining essential soft and hard skills when dealing with people. Moreover, the hardest part of the job is being on top of everythign for upto 10 hours straight as well as making sure the inventory is managed well. Also, I must keep an eye out on theft control myself. – less
Productive fun work place
Casual Security/ Fire Steward (Current Employee), Telford and Wrekin, ENGAugust 21, 2013
Pros: so many diffrent types of events and shows happen at the international centre
Cons: long hours
There are so many different events that go on at the international centre such as a cheerleading convention to a mobility road show to Jehovah witnesses convention so I am able to meet all sort of intresting and different type of customers and clients.