INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF ELECTRICAL WORKERS

INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF ELECTRICAL WORKERS Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
When working
Groundsmen (Former Employee), OttawaFebruary 19, 2013
When working, I enjoy frontline work and working with my clients. I believe an effective environment is with staff who maintain positivity at work and help each other when needed. The hardest part when working is when being faced with difficult situations that are not easily fixed.
Great
Industrial Electrician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 10, 2012
Pros: great benifits
worked through them for 44 years
Got training as an electrician
Motor alignment training
Great education, coordinating projects, income, benefits, life experience
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee), United StatesJanuary 27, 2015
Joined after four years in U.S. Navy. Extensive, in-depth educational program. Interesting work, planning, and implementing various aspects of the commercial & industrial electrical industry. Great life experience working with various crafts and people. Learned time management, daily planning of work to be completed, material ordering and stocking. Dealt with unexpected plan changes and how to smoothly implement them with minimal time loss. Honed customer relations skills in dealing with designers, architects, and project managers.
Very old-school workplace
Intern (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 21, 2015
The organization is very regimented and a little stuffy, but they have great benefits and pay. The people are generally nice, the management is so-so. They work hard and do good work for their members. Most of the work is not too complicated and once you get in, you have great job security.
productive and fast paced
Electrician Assistant (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 19, 2015
Learned how to wire rooms hook up lighting, switches, and receptacles.
Union job
Communications Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2015
The union does not care about its workers it just wants to get people into the union.
New challenges every day.
registered apprenticeship program approved (Former Employee), New Orleans, LaJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: being creative and new challenges
Cons: bad weather
Planning Daily
Communicating with my co workers
Maintaining a safe work environment
Hot humid temperatures and very high heights
returning back to my vehicle safe and sound
Constantly changing enviroment
1st year Apprentice (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 11, 2014
Pros: constant change
Cons: short lunches, working outside during the winter.
Typical day included being at work at 7am. Sitting through a Job Safety Analysis then starting on the daily project by 730am. Performing different jobs throughout the day getting off by 6pm everyday. I learned how to pull cable, put cable tray up, high voltage splicing, bend conduit, set up a circuit board. The hardest part of my job was working in the cold during the winter time. The most enjoyable portion was a constant change in job pattern.
fun workplace
Electrician, Apprentice (Former Employee), okc okDecember 4, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: not steady work
great place good money just not steady work but there is great guys to work with do a varietyof things
Great pay and benefits.
Construction Wireman 2 (Current Employee), Dublin, CANovember 20, 2014
Cons: not enough work.
Great learning experience all the way around.
Questions are encouraged.
Helpful co-workers.
Looked forward to the next day.
helped customres with ther needs
Electrical Apprenticeship (Former Employee), Baltimore mdOctober 1, 2014
worked 4 days per week as electrical worker while receiving electricity theory classes at International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers 1 day per week
A great organization to be part of!
Electricians' Apprentice (Current Employee), Wichita Falls, TXAugust 29, 2014
Being a member of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers has been an amazing experience. The knowledge of the industry I have obtained has and will be invaluable well into the future. The bond of brotherhood with other members will also follow me for a lifetime.
Productive and Exciting
Electrician's Helper (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch, tips, experience in the field
Cons: long distance and early start time.
A typical day at work was waking up early to prepare myself before the day began. I would make a list of things that needed to be ordered and then get assined to a co-worker for the morning. I have worked on putting up temporary lights and running wires amongst other things. Through my whole experience, I never had a problem with management they were efficient. When I started this job I learned how to interact with my co-workers and help them simaltaniously if need be. However I would have to say this was also the hardest part of the job on somedays, because I would be working with three to six people at a time. Either running errands or helping move material nothing was ever easy when you have multiple people working and needing asssistance. When I think about this job I can't say I have a "most enjoyable part of my job." Everything was different, exciting, new and I enjoyed all of it. This job helped me built on myself. As I try to move on to something closer in my field of study, I hope to gain more knowledge and experience.
Fast paced and challenging work
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 12, 2014
A typical day at work varies for any journeyman electrician. You can start the day installing conduit and finish the day terminating panels. My co-workers are from many different backgrounds and life styles. The hardest part of my job would have to be the ever changing atmosphere. The most enjoyable part of my job is the challenge of mental and physical strength.
Great Job
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 27, 2014
The best of this job was getting on a job from the ground up. You can see how much of the puzzle there really is and you get to create the puzzle as you see it
Good work experience when it comes around
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 5, 2014
Worked there as an apprentice for about 3 years. Jobs can come and go. The work experience quality was good and classroom training was provided/mandatory. However, the unstable workflow, "I'm only out for #1" guys who stabbed me in the back as an apprentice, and the constant political propaganda was not for me.
easy to get along with
Journeyman Electrician (JIW) (Current Employee), Saginaw, MIJune 5, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: people you can't get along with
Stay busy, getting along with others,show guidance when i can, try to deal with pressure of the completion date.
Productive workplace, great people
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 17, 2014
Cons: work is very slow
great experience, ran pipe, pulled wire, worked in new and existing commercial buildings. had to troubleshoot faulty circuits, pulled fire alarm and control circuits. had to troubleshoot fire alarm and control circuits, wired control and fire alarm devices.
Journeyman Electrician
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee), Many States.March 28, 2014
Journeyman Electrician/Owner.
Any And All Duties Of Journeyman Electrician/Owner.
each day =
Electrician (Former Employee), five boroughsMarch 28, 2014
Pros: short hours, excellent pay
Cons: sometimes you get stuck with a boss/foreman that doesnt know anything other than how to yell.
everyday is a little something new. Running wires, bending conduit, laying out/blueprint reading, hanging fixtures, switches/receptacles. most jobs only lasted about 3-4 months. once the job is over I was either laid off until my next turn is up for work or was transferred to a new location. most co-workers on the job are used to the old ways of local 3 in which it is a mans world, but with thick skin and knowledge of the trade ive learned to prove the "old thinkers" wrong.

1 2 3