International Beauty Services Employee Reviews in Canada

Well oiled machine
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 5, 2016
I loved working for this company. So many departments, locations and areas to advance to. Very well run with loyal employees.
Pros
advancement oppotunities
Rock Bottom
Reciever (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 22, 2016
If you have any kind of work ethic this is not the place for you.Management is a joke , long term employees who do nothing but eat.I hit rock bottom here . Glad this nightmare is over.
Pros
Two or three good people.
Cons
Paid monthly .don't pay for coffee breaks
Terrible management
Sales person in store (Former Employee) –  CalgaryOctober 19, 2015
I worked there for a few short weeks but that was more than enough time for me to know it was a terrible place to work.My manager was rude and very moody and nothing anyone did could change her terrible disposition. I don't recommend working at the calgary store location.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Manager
Hate it!!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 7, 2013
Worst company I EVER worked for. Owner is very cheap and ignorant!! My only regret is not telling that little b----- off!!! I am hairstylist and I certainly will be spreading the word about this company. Will never buy anything again!!!
Pros
only pro is the nice people i worked with at the calgary store.
Cons
the owner, pay and district manager. no organization!!
Horrible Owner, terrible company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  EdmontonMarch 28, 2013
Owner will take advantage of you then tell you how useless you are. Pay is very low, don't waste your talent with this company.
Pros
staff discount on products
Cons
owner
good to stay in industry
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaDecember 29, 2012
Needed a change from salon, wasn't a horrible wage, and I was guaranteed a management position. Worked my bum off, was friendly to everyone, took initiative, tried to cover shifts and volunteer time, GUESS WHAT..... they didn't assign me to a store, there was no advancement, I was a grunt pg at a very poor wage for my qualifications. So after being jer*** around time and time again. Working overtime and not getting paid. I'd had it and left. Other staff had even commented on how wrong the whole thing was, who'd been there longer. The owner of the company itself, was rude, and I'm sorry to say but quite cheap. We would work ridiculous long hours with few to none breaks at the hair shows, and she'd treat us to "only one" cheap chocolate, that I had seen at the dollar store. You get what you give, and I've been letting every professional in Alberta know what this woman truly stands for. Since there I was hired at a main professional international beauty distributor, where my store was recognize for outstanding achievements, exceeding quotas, and have went on to be a Trainer. That's what a good company does with talent.
Pros
a job
Cons
pay, advancement, cheap company, poor incentives, owner to cheap
Fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaDecember 28, 2012
Interact with customers on daily basis
Busy work environment
Meet customers demand
Pros
day went by quick
A great starting place
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 25, 2012
Overall it sure is a great place to work. We have an awesome sales team and administration staff.
We have great clients and they make your day the most enjoyable, helping someone and getting a thank you is what its all about.
The whole staff at IBS are a pleasure to work with.
It was hard being in management, challenging more than anything. There is a some unorganization or unclear work loads there.
I did take from there though, the abitlity to handle difficult situations, difficult people, and a great work ethic.
Pros
cost on hair products
Cons
not a whole lot of appreciation for what you do.
Good for a first job
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 6, 2012
Not an over-all bad place to work, could use some improvement in management. Lots of trade show and inventory work.
Pros
friendly coworkers, easy work, monday to friday
Cons
favoritism, not much room for advancement, short notice for working weekends, lack of communication