Innisfail, AB, Canada
Interior Heavy Equipment Operator School proudly operates heavy equipment training sites throughout western Canada YEAR ROUND. What sets IHE apart is students never share equipment and train on full-size machines only – NO Simulators. The company prides itself on delivering high caliber real-world machine training so graduates leave with the skills and confidence needed to get a job in an exciting career. IHE: Supplying Industry with qualified entry level operators.
POSITION SCOPE: Under the supervision of the Mechanic or Site Supervisor, the Equipment Technician will perform routine servicing and lubrication, and mechanical work to repair/maintain a fleet of over 25 heavy duty machines.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (Including but not limited to)
· Check Excavators, Dozers, Loaders, Graders, Rubber Tire Backhoes and Articulated Rock Trucks for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
· Diagnose faults or malfunctions and determine extent of repair required
· Repair or replace defective parts, components or systems using hand and power tools
· Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure it meets manufacturers’ specifications
· Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance on equipment
· Service attachments and working tools for equipment
· Ensure the highest set of safety standards are met in accordance with provincial laws
· Represent the Company at all times while on site
· To report any environmental or safety incidents immediately to Site Supervisor or Operations Manager
REQUIREMENTS: Minimum 1 year work experience around heavy equipment. Must be able to follow instructions with minimal supervision, have a positive attitude and be able to tolerate the physical demands of the job including lifting up to 50 lbs. Must be willing to work evenings and weekend when required.